inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Script i'm writing

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/27/05 at 1:39 am

I'm not really sure where to post this...so, I guess here is fine.

This a script i've started; I wanted to give you guys a sample. Its Friday the 13th, obviously. Note: although I call it part 11, the continuity of this story actually picks up at the end of Part IV: The Final Chapter. Hence, the title.  ;D

Oh yeah, it takes place in 2006 for a small but symbolic plot point.

Enjoy..

Friday the 13th Part XI:
The Not So Final Chapter

by ALEX SPARKS

A BLACK screen. We hear a quick CHOP. Another CHOP.

BOY'S VOICE(O.S.)
DIE!

Another CHOP.

YOUNG WOMAN'S VOICE(O.S.)
TOMMY!

TOMMY(O.S.)
DIE!

Another CHOP.

Cut To:

EXT. - CABIN - LATE NIGHT

An AMBULANCE loads a RE-STRAINED person on a gerner, as lots of POLICE scramble around the MURDER SCENE, searching for clues.

Cut To:

INT. - AMBULANCE - LATE NIGHT

This is no ordinary patient. Its JASON VOORHEES. He is unconcious, and bleeding profusely. The medics bandage him up, trying to stop the bleeding.
His face is unmasked and GROTESQUE.

The PARAMEDICS exchange UNEASY glances.

Cut To:

EXT. - HIGHWAY - LATE NIGHT

The AMBULANCE SPEEDS down the tiny stretch of highway, CANOPIED with TREE LIMBS.

P.O.V. SHOT-
The ROAD stretching along, one small yellow bar after another. The headlights create an EERIE, DIM GLOW.

Cut To:

INT. - HOSPITAL ROOM - THREE NIGHTS LATER

JASON VOORHEES lies in his hospital bed, strapped down, still UNCONCIOUS. His head is almost completely BANDAGED. The room is silent,
apart from a BEEP..BEEP...BEEP.

Cut To:

INT. - HOSPITAL - TRAUMA RECEPTION DESK - NIGHT

Only one NURSE heads the desk. She is laid back in her chair, reading a ROMANCE NOVEL. She is very young, and BEAUTIFUL.

GLIDING SHOT-
A DOCTOR in a hospital suit and WHITE COAT walks in past the RECEPTION DESK where the NURSE smiles widely and waves.

NURSE
Hi DR.CURTIS.

The DOCTOR barely waves as he GLIDES by. The NURSE FROWNS, then sits back in her chair SIGHING.

She begins SINGING to herself.

NURSE(singing)
'So crazy on you..crazy on you..'

Cut To:

INT. - HOSPITAL RECEPTION DESK - LATER

A BLACK screen.

MALE VOICE(O.S.)
Nurse?

(AGAIN)

Nurse?

POV SHOT-
Eyes open to see a HANDSOME MAN in his 30s, with a sling on his ARM wearing a hospital suit.

The NURSE jolts up EMBARESSED.

NURSE
What the hell happend!?

DR.CURTIS
I'll tell you what happened; JASON VOORHEES escaped while you were ASLEEP.

NURSE
Oh god..how!?

DR.CURTIS
I was attacked in the restroom by an unknown assailant..an older man, maybe in his 70s. He knocked me out,
then took my uniform apparently. He was able to waltz right through here and into VOORHEES' room. By the
time I contactes security and they got up here it was too late. GONE.

The NURSE BURIES her face in her hands and precedes to BAWL.

Cut To:

EXT. - HOSPITAL PARKING LOT - NIGHT

An AMBULANCE speeds out of the PARKING LOT at BREAKNECK speed.

Cut To:

A RAPID CUT of shots from FRIDAY parts 2-4.

ROLL CREDITS over a MONTAGE of incidents from FRIDAY parts 2-4 set to the traditional FRIDAY THE 13th instrumental score.

The scenes are DIFFERENT though. These seem to be DIFFERENT ACTORS in place of the ones we remember.

VOICEOVER(MALE)
And so, the CRYSTAL LAKE murders left an entire community devastated. Noone could believe the type of BRUTALITY
of which the KILLER inflicted upon his victims. ONE preventable, TRAGIC event from 28 years earlier had resulted
in a mass of killings. However most tragically in the end, the young victim of the counselor's negligence, would
become a MONSTER after mysteriously surviving without anyone's knowledge.

We PULL BACK, to reveal the EERIE, GLOW of a TELEVISION screen in the middle of a dark LIVING ROOM.

The screen is now filled by an OLDER NEWSMAN in a HOKEY suit.

ALICIA, 18, and her boyfriend SETH, 18, sit on her living room floor not paying attention to the T.V.

The NEWSMAN wraps up his report.

NEWSMAN
Although legends and rumors persist; JASON VOORHEES was believed to have been killed that night by TOMMY JARVIS who
was the tender age of 12 at the time. It has been 21 years since the horrid CRYSTAL LAKE murders, now. Tommorrow, FRIDAY
THE 13TH is his birthday-

CLICK. The T.V. screen FLIPS to an episode of BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD.

SETH
Thats more like it.

ALICIA
Hey, I was watching that!

TO BE CONTINUED. Maybe when I write more of it I'll post more for those interested.

Subject: Re: Script i'm writing

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/27/05 at 1:45 am

Hrm, I noticed a major continuity error and some lack of clarity in a couple of parts..

Oh well, tis what editing and revision is for.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/05 at 2:24 am

It is too long to read in one session.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/27/05 at 2:28 am

It is too long to read in one session.

??? Its only 1 page(I did a print preview).

Most scripts are 100+!  :D

Which this one will be, eventually. Of course THEN it will be too long to read in one sitting, but you can save it and read it part by part.

But i don't understand how this is..this takes me about 2 minutes to read..

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/05 at 2:30 am

But i don't understand how this is..this takes me about 2 minutes to read..
It may be two minutes for you, but it seems a lifetime for me.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/27/05 at 2:32 am

Is it boring to you.. ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/05 at 2:46 am

Is it boring to you.. ?
Boredom does not come into it, it is just there are other pressing matters.

Written By: YWN on 09/27/05 at 9:17 am

It's not exactly...sophisticated art.

Yeah, it needs more tea.  Screw that, it needs a LOT more tea.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/27/05 at 2:40 pm

Yeah, it needs more tea.  Screw that, it needs a LOT more tea.

Hmmm.. i'd have to agree.

'I'll tell you what happened, Jason Vorhees escaped while you were asleep'

How convenient.

What about.. Jason Vorhees woke up.. wrenched a pole out of the bed and beat the nurse senseless with it, violated and mutilated her and then went on a Homicidal rampage?

I'm assuming that's what he does, kinda predictable.

Written By: Bobby on 09/27/05 at 2:45 pm

LMAO ;D

Yeah, it needs more tea. Screw that, it needs a LOT more tea.

Yeah! More tea!  ;D

You may have copyright issues with that, Alex.  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:27 am

Hmmm.. i'd have to agree.

'I'll tell you what happened, Jason Vorhees escaped while you were asleep'

How convenient.

What about.. Jason Vorhees woke up.. wrenched a pole out of the bed and beat the nurse senseless with it, violated and mutilated her and then went on a Homicidal rampage?

I'm assuming that's what he does, kinda predictable.

Thats waaay too predictable..as you said.

I wanted him to escape under the radar(well, until hes out of the hospital, as they all obviously freak out shortly after when the doc wakes up)..i just couldn't figure out how to work out the actual scenario in an interesting way. I know having it happen from HER pov, with her missing out on the whole thing was kinda cheap..

But its a 1st draft. There is always room for improvement. Writing is a craft.

Now, the comment about it not being exactly "sophisticated art", what is that supposed to mean?

Do you guys mean what I'm writing about, or how it is written? The way its written is absolutely fine. I've been reading screenplays for years(the first one I ever read was an unproduced Freddy Vs. Jason script, actually), and this is pretty typical for a screenplay. They aren't detailed in the way novels are. Novels are meant to paint a certain picture in the reader's head, where as scripts are meant to SHOW you in a straight forward manner, and they usually avoid specific little details(or at least an excess of them) to leave room for a director to do their thing.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:30 am

Then what was the point of posting in the first place?  ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 09/28/05 at 12:34 pm

Being a huge horror freak and a fellow script writer myself I only would have liked to have seen this post sooner.

Very nice to see Tommy Jarvis back in the action.

Let me know if you're Halloween fan.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:28 pm

LMAO ;D

Yeah! More tea!  ;D

You may have copyright issues with that, Alex.  ;D

Its called a fan script.  :-\\

Being a huge horror freak and a fellow script writer myself I only would have liked to have seen this post sooner.

Very nice to see Tommy Jarvis back in the action.

Let me know if you're Halloween fan.

I AM a Halloween fan. Infact, I've got an idea going for a Halloween script(its "old school" too), but it isn't developed or clear enough in my head yet to actually begin writing it.

I'm not so much a horror fan in general, as per say, a "slasher" fan. Freddy, Jason, Michael etc. I don't care what people think I really enjoy those films. I think of the characters as the "monsters" of our day. Like Dracula, Frankenstein etc.

Nice to know there is another "like me" on here. Horror fans get ostricized sometimes.  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/05 at 9:32 pm

I like the way you wrote the first part:

Die!

Die!

Die!

AHHH!

Die!

sorry, but I didn't read past that...

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:37 pm

I like the way you wrote the first part:

Die!

Die!

Die!

AHHH!

Die!

sorry, but I didn't read past that...

Its the ending from Part IV, but just the sound. The story doesn't actually show it. Its the part where Tommy Jarvis was supposed to have "killed" Jason(with his machete), hence the "die!". The kid goes a little crazy, but hey, Jason did kill his mother.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/05 at 9:38 pm

Its the ending from Part IV, but just the sound. The story doesn't actually show it. Its the part where Tommy Jarvis was supposed to have "killed" Jason(with his machete), hence the "die!". The kid goes a little crazy, but hey, Jason did kill his mother.

so you're continuing from the last movie? sorry, I haven't been following the series.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:46 pm

so you're continuing from the last movie? sorry, I haven't been following the series.

Yeah, thats the thing, its a fan script. If you enjoy the films and have followed them, you'll dig it. However if you do not then you won't.

I just don't understand why people who don't had to make such negative comments. If you don't like the subject material thats fine. Its rude though to put down my writing because of that.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/05 at 9:50 pm

Yeah, thats the thing, its a fan script. If you enjoy the films and have followed them, you'll dig it. However if you do not then you won't.

I just don't understand why people who don't had to make such negative comments. If you don't like the subject material thats fine. Its rude though to put down my writing because of that.

they're just having fun.

If you get negative comments, don't take it the hard way. They're just playing around.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/05 at 9:53 pm

I always felt bad for Jason :-\\

Erin :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/28/05 at 9:57 pm

I always felt bad for Jason :-\\

Really?  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/05 at 10:00 pm

Really?  ???

yes....I mean, in compassion to Freddy.  You see, Freddy was a major perv....but Jason on the other hand, was teased and tormented....it wasn't his fault....he was just coming back to seek revenge.  What can I say...I am giving props to the underdog! ;)

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/30/05 at 9:26 pm

bump..as a writer and director,who is making a movie later this year, I am interested to read this, but dont have time now..so ill do it later.

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/01/05 at 2:45 pm

alright, I just read it.

If its fanfiction, thats fine....but if you want to try and sell this script, youre not going to. No ones looking for a Jason script, and you dont own the writes to write about him.  Its a poor choice. 

But if its fan fiction, then it doesnt matter.

Im very confused on how he escaped from the hospital.  I know youre trying to give an aura of mystery here, but you need to explain some things better...or at least write better dialoge for the explaination.  Then again, screw the dialoge...its better to show than to tell about the thing shown.  Show the doctor getting knocked out and then coming to and finding an empty bed where Jason was laying.  Then have him wake up the nurse. 

Im not familiar withe very Jason movie unfortunatly...but I remember there not being a point to any of them.  Is this going to follow suite? 

Its a first draft...I can tell.  But I can see script writing abillity in your writing.  Keep going. 

Written By: Bobby on 10/01/05 at 3:54 pm

Its called a fan script.  :-\\

You're alright then.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...