inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Computer Question

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/05 at 1:16 pm

I have just discovered a computer virus Java/open stream.  Can I uninstall Java and then reinstall it. And also, do I really NEED Java because everytime it is use, my system locks up.

Thanks for your info.

Cat

Subject: Re: Computer Question

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/05 at 2:41 pm

Cat, I think it was my java that was messing up my computer so badly....somehow I had 3 programs installed....I deleted the 2 oldest ones and it runs much better now.  It's still not great, but it IS better.

AFA the virus, I would think you need to do something with the virus scan to get rid of it....I'd do that, THEN uninstall the java (it should reinstall if you go to a website that needs it)

Then again, I'm FAAAAAARRRR from computer saavy so I could be waaaayyyy off base here ;)

Yeah, I also had 3 programs installed-uninstalled them all. Once I uninstalled them, I did the scan again and the virus was gone. My anti-virus (AVG) wouldn't let met quarantine the virus.  Haven't re-installed java yet-debating whether I really need it or not considering all the problems it has giving me.

Cat

Subject: Re: Computer Question

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/01/05 at 2:44 pm

when I use a java program, my computer runs SO slowly... but I think some websites require it?

Check for new replies or respond here...