inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A whole year

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/05 at 12:03 am

Shockingly..

I have now been here for a full year.

Ya know, this has by far been the most turbulent year of my life.
I don't know many people that can say they up and left everything at the tender age of 17.

I sometimes feel the need to question the decisions I've made and ya know, a lot of you are more helpfull than anything else i could think of.

I thought i should maybe take this opportunity to tell the people who have helped me, and i won't name names, they know exactly who they are, that I'm thankfull.
I'm incredibly thankfull.

I suppose in a way i have had to rely on the kindness of strangers.. well, the strangers really came through for me.
I'm aware i can be a real jerk sometimes, a real pain in the ass, but honestly, from the bottom of my heart, from the depths of my soul, Thank you all, i love you very much.

Subject: Re: A whole year

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/04/05 at 12:09 am

No problem :0) We'll always be here for you... through thick and thin.. maybe not in the flesh, but we'll listen.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/05 at 12:11 am

No problem :0) We'll always be here for you... through thick and thin.. maybe not in the flesh, but we'll listen.

Thank you.

Which is a damn sight better.
I think i was saying.

I don't like to be a whingeing git, and try very hard not to.. but i generally try not to talk about anything with anybody around me.
Sometimes ya gotta dump the bags off your bacl ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/04/05 at 8:16 am

Congratulations,I have been here almost 4 years this coming November :)

Written By: mandamoo on 10/04/05 at 9:03 am

I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you  :)

Written By: karen on 10/04/05 at 9:14 am

Shockingly..

Is it really only a year?  Blimey thought it was much longer than that!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/05 at 11:37 am

Shockingly..

Ya know, this has by far been the most turbulent year of my life.
I don't know many people that can say they up and left everything at the tender age of 17.

I sometimes feel the need to question the decisions I've made and ya know, a lot of you are more helpfull than anything else i could think of.

I thought i should maybe take this opportunity to tell the people who have helped me, and i won't name names, they know exactly who they are, that I'm thankfull.
I'm incredibly thankfull.

I suppose in a way i have had to rely on the kindness of strangers.. well, the strangers really came through for me.
I'm aware i can be a real jerk sometimes, a real pain in the ass, but honestly, from the bottom of my heart, from the depths of my soul, Thank you all, i love you very much.

Congrats on your anniversary.  We all need support and sometimes it seems that we find that support in the most unlikely places-but for us who have been here for a while, we have learned that there are many good people on this board-and that is why we keep coming back to it. I am glad that your turbulent year is over and I hope you have blue skies and easy flying from now on.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/05 at 11:46 am

You've come a long way, man.  ;)

Congratulations.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 10/04/05 at 11:58 am

Happy 1 yr. Anniversary.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/04/05 at 1:26 pm

A whole year! w00t! Sometimes you can find the best support through strangers. Friends feel they have an obligation to be nice and support, stangers don't.

Happy http://www.thegamingxp.com/news/files/One%20Year.jpg Anniversary!

Beth

Written By: Paul on 10/04/05 at 3:55 pm

Is it really only a year?  Blimey thought it was much longer than that!!

It just feels longer with this nutcase...!!

Well, there's your milestone Andy...you'll never leave, etc...

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/05 at 5:17 pm

Congratulations,I have been here almost 4 years this coming November :)

Cheers mate. 4 YEARS! Bloody hell, that's a while eh.

I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you :)

Getting there  ;D

You know we all love you too....you're sometimes like the drunk uncle that shows up at the family party and wreaks havoc, but in a good way ;) Hopefully, your life will continue to get better and we can all be here to share that :)

Errrm.. I'm.. Yeah alright i won't lie, it's true. ;D
Thanks, You get extra kudos by the way  ;D

Is it really only a year? Blimey thought it was much longer than that!!

Suppose so, I've just infiltrated and now your all hooked. I think i should start writing down and sending out my Musings  ;D

Congrats on your anniversary. We all need support and sometimes it seems that we find that support in the most unlikely places-but for us who have been here for a while, we have learned that there are many good people on this board-and that is why we keep coming back to it. I am glad that your turbulent year is over and I hope you have blue skies and easy flying from now on.
Cat

Thanks a lot.

That's exactly it, and ya know.. people have been so nice to me, I do try and at least lend a shoulder if ya follow. Although i can think of a few people who will attest to how bloody useless i can be sometimes.
Hypothetical situation here of course..
'She left me!'
'Slash her tires and eat her fish'
'What!?'
'You heard me!'
;D

You've come a long way, man. ;)
Congratulations.

Awww ya big lug.
It's a team effort, i name you team captain!
Wait no, i should be captain, You can play Lampard to my Terry  ;D

Happy 1 yr. Anniversary. :)

Cheers

A whole year! w00t! Sometimes you can find the best support through strangers. Friends feel they have an obligation to be nice and support, strangers don't.

Those Bastards, being nice, those nice bastards!
I ought to give them all a piece of my mind!
I'm gonna call Pete right now and yell at him for being nice!

That's one of the main reasons i don't share my problems with anybody around me. Now, don't take this the wrong way, i have a good set of friends, and for their faults i have some great family members.. but, I'd either get the 'awww it's gonna be fine' or the 'what's wrong with you, ya sicko'
Best just to let them think it's all fine. Although i did like both My Uncle's and Pete's observations of.. 'You have some serious issues don't you'  ;D

It just feels longer with this nutcase...!!

Well, there's your milestone Andy...you'll never leave, etc...

Yes, you've all aged.. in fact, i have sucked your youth. Right out of the bottle/can/hollow tire/urinal ;D

Cheers mate, yeah yeah, never leave, like to thank my dog, my shrink, my manager etc..etc..etc  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/05 at 5:21 pm

Awww ya big lug.
It's a team effort, i name you team captain!
Wait no, i should be captain, You can play Lampard to my Terry  ;D

I'll go along with that.  ;D

I'm looking forward to the England/Austria match over the weekend.

In all honesty, it is a team effort - you have helped me up when I have been down-and-out too.  8)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/05 at 5:22 pm

I'll go along with that.  ;D

I'm looking forward to the England/Austria match over the weekend.

In all honesty, it is a team effort - you have helped me up when I have been down-and-out too.  8)

Look at us, apple polishing for each other  ;D
No worrys mate.

They have to win or they don't qualify.. yuck.. oh well, it's alright, i have the good ol' U.S.A U.S.A wait wait wait cut the music, what am i saying, Yuck, they call it soccer  :P

NETHERLANDS! NETHERLANDS!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/05 at 5:26 pm

Look at us, apple polishing for each other  ;D
No worrys mate.

There is nowt wrong with giving credit where credit is due.  :)

They have to win or they don't qualify.. yuck.. oh well, it's alright, i have the good ol' U.S.A U.S.A wait wait wait cut the music, what am i saying, Yuck, they call it soccer  :P

Soccer, eh? What a stupid name to call football . . . proper football . . . where you use your feet.  ;) ;D

Heh heh. At least Henk will be pleased with your shift in loyalty.  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/04/05 at 5:26 pm

Happy one year anniversary, Andrew (or Alchoholica...I don't know what to call you now!). This month will be a year and a half since I registered here. I've actually been a registered member a little bit longer than that because it was last February when I registered an account on the old board.

Written By: gemini on 10/04/05 at 5:37 pm

Congrats to you!! I guess you know great people when you meet 'em, huh!  ;)  That's what keeps me coming back!  There's something special in everyone here, they each have their own way of making this an interesting and amazing place to spend time!  I hope we all have many more milestones to come!  :)

Written By: jaytee on 10/04/05 at 5:55 pm

Congrats Andy!  Glad that you've found support here.  You've been a great addition to these forums.  Some of your posts still make me laugh out loud when I think of them  ;D ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 10/04/05 at 6:45 pm

I thought i should maybe take this opportunity to tell the people who have helped me, and i won't name names, they know exactly who they are,

must be that robocop guy again... ::)

Congrats, Andy!!  Not many 17 year olds "on their own" go to college and do things to better their lives.  Most take the other road and find their new homes in prison cells, or watching their backs everytime they walk down the street because they've gotten caught up in gangs, etc.  You've got a good head on your shoulders and I hope you keep it up... :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/05 at 8:41 pm

Happy one year anniversary, Andrew (or Alchoholica...I don't know what to call you now!). This month will be a year and a half since I registered here. I've actually been a registered member a little bit longer than that because it was last February when I registered an account on the old board.

Good.

Congrats to you!! I guess you know great people when you meet 'em, huh! ;) That's what keeps me coming back! There's something special in everyone here, they each have their own way of making this an interesting and amazing place to spend time! I hope we all have many more milestones to come! :)

Something special.. in all of us Pinochio  ;D

I agree, thanks.

Congrats Andy! Glad that you've found support here. You've been a great addition to these forums. Some of your posts still make me laugh out loud when I think of them ;D ;D

But yet your daughter still isn't interested  ;D
I suppose it's for the best, i'm crap at cricket anyway.

must be that robocop guy again... ::)
Congrats, Andy!! Not many 17 year olds "on their own" go to college and do things to better their lives. Most take the other road and find their new homes in prison cells, or watching their backs everytime they walk down the street because they've gotten caught up in gangs, etc. You've got a good head on your shoulders and I hope you keep it up... :)

Nah, i'll tell him personally.

I've never had to watch my back.. i can't turn my head that far. *groan*

Well ya know, it's just the way that makes sense.

Thank ya kindly.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/04/05 at 8:44 pm

Congrats Andy!  It seems like you have been around longer than that!  I will be here a year, this coming January.

Erin :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/04/05 at 10:27 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!

and... uh... stay on here! I gotta wonder.. have I helped you with anything? I can't think of any...

oh, and if you see me on MSN, chances are it's my dad and msn secretly opens without anyone knowing... so don't IM me on MSN, let me IM you... cuz my dad said you said "ello son" to me...

anyway, happy year!

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 1:03 am

Congrats Andy!  It seems like you have been around longer than that!  I will be here a year, this coming January.

Cheers.

And, just think....only 70 more days ;)

69 now.. That's an ominous number  ;D

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY!
and... uh... stay on here! I gotta wonder.. have I helped you with anything? I can't think of any...
oh, and if you see me on MSN, chances are it's my dad and msn secretly opens without anyone knowing... so don't IM me on MSN, let me IM you... cuz my dad said you said "ello son" to me...
anyway, happy year!

HAHA! Did he, well that's funny. Good thing i didn't go off on one of my tangents. Ask Beth about them, if people have away messages, i'll have a long conversation berating the message  :P I need to get out more.
No, your totally unhelpfull.

Written By: jaytee on 10/05/05 at 8:24 am

But yet your daughter still isn't interested  ;D
I suppose it's for the best, i'm crap at cricket anyway.

'Tis a shame Andy.  You would be the only boy I know that would be able to handle her!!  :o ;D
Doesn't matter if you're crap at cricket ... can you sit in front of a television with a stubbie and watch it?  That'd be good enough for my husband ::) :D

Written By: YWN on 10/05/05 at 8:51 am

Hey Andy, I'm confused about something.  Your profile says that you're a seventeen year old from St. Louis, but your Xanga page says that you're a twenty four year old from France.  ???

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 9:14 am

'Tis a shame Andy.  You would be the only boy I know that would be able to handle her!!  :o ;D
Doesn't matter if you're crap at cricket ... can you sit in front of a television with a stubbie and watch it?  That'd be good enough for my husband ::) :D

and make fun of it, sure!

No stubbies though, i'm not FRENCH! Proper can thank ye very much.

Hey Andy, I'm confused about something. Your profile says that you're a seventeen year old from St. Louis, but your Xanga page says that you're a twenty four year old from France. ???

and my MSN Profile says i'm in my 30's and i'm from Italy. I can't remember what my Yahoo one used to say, i think i was supposedly from Nigeria or something.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 1:29 pm

8)

What would the Kravvit's think  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 10/05/05 at 1:34 pm

Hey Andy, I'm confused about something.  Your profile says that you're a seventeen year old from St. Louis, but your Xanga page says that you're a twenty four year old from France.   ???

shh!!  he's really from Mars! :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 1:35 pm

Turkmenistan.. close but no cigar.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/05 at 2:06 pm

Wow, that's amazing because I am really from Venus.  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/05/05 at 2:10 pm

Wow, that's amazing because I am really from Venus.  :D ;D

I am from Uranus . . . Er . . . Let's not go there.  ;D

Congratulations Andy!  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 2:14 pm

I am from Uranus . . . Er . . . Let's not go there.  ;D

Bit dark in that neck of the woods isn't it?

Written By: Bobby on 10/05/05 at 2:21 pm

Bit dark in that neck of the woods isn't it?

Yeah but you have to go through a passage to get there.  :P ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/05/05 at 3:50 pm

I thought it was "exit only" ;)

Heh heh.

Ahem

Congratulations Andy!  :D

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/05/05 at 3:54 pm

...and that's why I love you. ;)

Congrats on your anniversary, Andy. :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 4:12 pm

Ahem

Congratulations Andy!  :D

::)

...and that's why I love you. ;)

Congrats on your anniversary, Andy. :)

I've always supported Holland after England, your lot usually get further.. and basically i can't stand the french, germans, brazilians, italians, spaniards, argentinians, portugese..etc..etc..etc

Plus Edgar Davids was really nice to me.

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/05/05 at 4:19 pm

Plus Edgar Davids was really nice to me.

O, ok - now that's a valid reason to support The Netherlands! :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 4:21 pm

O, ok - now that's a valid reason to support The Netherlands! :)

You know the Panna tournament?

Well Edgar Davids was there, my friend Jonathon from Amsterdam grew up in the same area as him and when Edgar was about 17-18 Jonathon was like 10 or so, anyway he was saying how Edgar always comes back and see's people and stuff and he introduced me to him.
Nicest guy in the world i tell you.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/05 at 6:18 pm

Happy Anniversary

Check for new replies or respond here...