inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scanner question

Written By: gemini on 10/04/05 at 6:37 am

I need to buy a scanner for a project I'm going to be working on, and I wonder if anyone has any suggestion. I saw an HP printer, scanner, copier and it was pretty inexpensive, about $80.00. Do you think inexpensive means low quality? 

Subject: Re: Scanner question

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/05 at 6:44 am

I suppose it depends on the quality of the maker, Rhonda. I have an Epson all-in-one (and relatively cheap) printer/scanner/photocopier and it works well for me.  :)

It might help to look for things like dpi (dots per image). The more dpi, the better quality your print-outs will be.  ;)

Written By: gemini on 10/04/05 at 6:47 am

I suppose it depends on the quality of the maker, Rhonda. I have an Epson all-in-one (and relatively cheap) printer/scanner/photocopier and it works well for me.  :)

It might help to look for things like dpi (dots per image). The more dpi, the better quality your print-outs will be.  ;)

Thanks, I didn't know about dpi, since I'm not too computer literate!  :D  It's not going to used for anything that has to be too professional looking, just some photo DVD's I'm making for family members.  :) 

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/05 at 6:52 am

Thanks, I didn't know about dpi, since I'm not too computer literate!  :D  It's not going to used for anything that has to be too professional looking, just some photo DVD's I'm making for family members.   :) 

Then it's still best to look at the dpi . Obviously, the more dpi both ways, the better. Otherwise, when you make these photographs, they will look grainy.  :)

Written By: Paul on 10/04/05 at 6:54 am

Just had a call with a 'techie' mate of mine, who says 2400 x 2400 dpi is the ideal to go for...

(I've got all this joy to come around Christmastime...!)

Written By: gemini on 10/04/05 at 6:55 am

Then it's still best to look at the dpi . Obviously, the more dpi both ways, the better. Otherwise, when you make these photographs, they will look grainy.  :)

Ok, I'll make sure to check that out first. Thanks, Rob!   :)

Written By: gemini on 10/04/05 at 6:56 am

Just had a call with a 'techie' mate of mine, who says 2400 x 2400 dpi is the ideal to go for...

(I've got all this joy to come around Christmastime...!)

Hey, thanks for that, Paul!! Hope it's in my budget, which is LOW!!  :D 

Written By: Paul on 10/04/05 at 7:03 am

I think that 'spec' may be slightly on the wrong side of $80, Rhonda...

...but that sort of price should get you a decent-ish one...

Check for new replies or respond here...