inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Are your Favorite Memories at Disneyland/World?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/05/05 at 1:36 pm

I have been to Disneyland 4 times and every time I have enjoyed it. Does anyone have any fond or funny memories of their visits to the "Happiest Place On Earth?"

Subject: Re: What Are your Favorite Memories at Disneyland/World?

Written By: Bobby on 10/05/05 at 1:45 pm

I went to EuroDisney and I enjoyed Frontierland the most (I loved riding Big Thunder Mountain).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/05 at 1:52 pm

I have only been to Disneyland once. It was during my first trip to California. My sister had a couple of freebee tickets because she worked at the Disney Store. They were going to expire the end of that year and she knew she wouldn't be able to use them and gave them to us. Since Carlos had been there many times before, he took me to the attractions that were a "must" like the Haunted House, Pirates of the Caribbean,  and It's a Small World. I didn't get a chance to ride the tea cups like I wanted to.  :\'(  Had a great time on the BIG boat ride because the "captain" was so funny. After we left, I thanked Carlos for taking me because it was something that I wanted to do since I was a kid. He said to me, "I'm really glad that you had a good time and if you ever want to go again...take someone else." This floored me. I found out that he hates amusement parks but I didn't know that until we left. He could have been b!tching the entire time about it but didn't because he wanted me to have a good time. That was so sweet of him. In fact, that entire trip was just awesome-not just the Disneyland part but all of it.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 10/05/05 at 3:48 pm

I only went to Disneyland once.. it was a lot of fun, I was just a boy of 6.. or was it 7? Either way, I had a great time.. I have really cool relatives in Florida, and they were also fun.. the whole trip was a good memory in itself.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/05/05 at 3:50 pm

Keep them coming :0)

One of my fondest memories was going on the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House (which is now Tarzan themed). I have pictures of my Dad walking the ropes with me. I luckily got to ride the tea cups everytime I've been to Disneyland (3 times to count). One of my second fondest memories was going into the Tiki Tiki Room and seeing the Animatronic birds sing and dance. And another great memory was eating inside the Blue Bayou Restaurant in the deep south and hearing people row by into Pirates of the Caribbean.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/05/05 at 3:54 pm

I took Jake to disney world right about the time Toy Story was out and it was his favorite. The day we
were leaving we went for one last walk around MGM Studios and we turned a corner and there were
Woody and Buzz posing with kids for pictures.  The look on his face will never be matched. (too bad I
was out of film  :-\\  )

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/05/05 at 4:24 pm

I go to Disneyland , at least once a year. I love the Indiana Jones ride. The longest line is for Dumbo though. :-\\ I feel like a kid everytime I go. I like that amusement park the BEST out of all the ones in So. Cal

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/05/05 at 4:27 pm

I went to Disneyworld in Paris on the 13th of July a few years ago. The 13th is the day before the big French national Day, Bastille day on the 14th. The place was empty  ;D

Me and Pete rode space mountain a half dozen times

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/05/05 at 9:16 pm

I like Pirates of The Carribean alot, but my greatest memory was getting autographs from Disney charecters, I wish I still had the book.  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 10/05/05 at 11:04 pm

I have only been to Disneyland once. It was during my first trip to California. My sister had a couple of freebee tickets because she worked at the Disney Store. They were going to expire the end of that year and she knew she wouldn't be able to use them and gave them to us. Since Carlos had been there many times before, he took me to the attractions that were a "must" like the Haunted House, Pirates of the Caribbean, and It's a Small World. I didn't get a chance to ride the tea cups like I wanted to. :\'( Had a great time on the BIG boat ride because the "captain" was so funny. After we left, I thanked Carlos for taking me because it was something that I wanted to do since I was a kid. He said to me, "I'm really glad that you had a good time and if you ever want to go again...take someone else." This floored me. I found out that he hates amusement parks but I didn't know that until we left. He could have been b!tching the entire time about it but didn't because he wanted me to have a good time. That was so sweet of him. In fact, that entire trip was just awesome-not just the Disneyland part but all of it.

Cat

You have an awesome husband, Cat.  :)

I have only been one time, I was 5.  The main thing I remember is lines.  Lots and lots of lines.  I also remember Space Mountain.  We were at the front of the ride and it scared me to death.

My daughter wants to go.  I am saving up to take her in a couple of years.  I want her to be old enough to remember the experience.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/06/05 at 12:12 am

Seriously? At Disneyworld in 1986....

Being asked to be a young wife of 10 by a Saudi Arabian tourist. My grandfather threw a big fit and almost forgot where he was.

No lie....I'm dead serious....

Not funny at the time, but hilarious now.

Written By: karen on 10/06/05 at 7:54 am

We went to the one on Florida (never sure which is which) in February this year.  Before we went we read a huge guide book which gave all sorts of tips and tour plans for getting ahead of the queues.  It helped that our body clocks were still on UK time so we were getting to the parks before they opened and getting very near the front of the queue.  Then we raced across to Dumbo or whatever and had a couple of goes before the crowds arrived.

James will tell you his favourite is Pirates of the Caribbean but in reality he cried on and off because it was too dark.  He got a pirate hat at the end for being brave.

Elizabeth went on Splash Mountain and loved that.  That was the first 'big' ride she'd ever been on.  She was disappointed that the camels on the Alladin ride weren't working she planned on getting me wet I think.

We went to one of the character dinners and met Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore and got some great photos.  We joined a few queues to meet some of the characters but found the waiting incredibly frustrating.

We paid a bit extra to extend our tickets to last 'forever' (or at least until Elizabeth turns 10) and plan to go back in 2 or 3 years time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/05 at 10:54 am

You have an awesome husband, Cat.  :)

Thanks, I think so, too.  ;D ;D

I have only been one time, I was 5.  The main thing I remember is lines.  Lots and lots of lines.  I also remember Space Mountain.  We were at the front of the ride and it scared me to death.

My daughter wants to go.  I am saving up to take her in a couple of years.  I want her to be old enough to remember the experience.

Yeah, the lines were a bit much. And it was really hot the day we went.

Cat

Written By: Southern Image on 10/06/05 at 11:59 am

I was practically born and raised at this place. Now I take my daughter there to continue the tradition. I love watching the parades. I remember when they had the Mardi Gras parade. They pulled us from the audience and we danced right along with them and passed out beads. It was great. I remember there was this cute little star fish dancing right along with us.  :D We also had a friend who was one of the reindeer for the Christmas parades. He had his friends pulls us out into the parade again . ;D

I loved seeing my daughters face light up the first time I took her there. It was her birthday and she received a phone call from Mickey Mouse. That was the most priceless thing. She loves that place and is now big enough to ride even the BIG rides. She loves Indiana Jones and Star Tours. She was a little scared on the Matterhorn though.

Check for new replies or respond here...