inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Relationship tips

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 2:25 pm

In the spirit of fun, I thought I'd start a topic on "relationship tips".  Having dated for 15 years, and been married for 4 years, I 've managed to accumulate a few kernels of wisdom.  I will dispense these kernels now:

1. If you've been given a chore to do by your signifcant other, make sure that she actually sees you doing it ("After all, if you wash the dishes, and she doesn't see you do it, how does she know that you really cleaned them?")

2. If you've been given a chore that you REALLY don't like doing, then the best trick is to act very enthusiastic about performing the chore, and then royally botch it.  That way, you get credit for the attempt, and will most likely not be asked to do it again.

3. If your signficant other tells you not to get her anything for her birthday/Valentine's Day/anniversary/Christmas/other speical occasion, DO NOT BELIEVE HER!  You are actually being tested, so that she can tell how much you really like her.  Always give her sometihng, even if it's just some flowers from Kroger (need not be roses, any beautiful bouquet will do) or a poem you wrote in her honor (as a side note, if you're going to plagiarize someone else's poetry or song lyrics and pass them off as your own, make sure that you pick a relatively obscure writer that she will not recognize)

4. Don't only buy flowers for speical occasions.  Buy them for her at random times.  As above, you don't need to spend a lot of money, the cheap bouquets will do, so long as they look beautiful.

5. The answer to the question "What are you thinking?" should ALWAYS be, "Honey, I was just meditating on your beauty."

6. Always shower before heading out on a date.

7. The answer to the question, "Why were you staring at that girl?" should ALWAYS be, "I was just struck by how ugly that girl is compared to you."

8. Be a gentleman and open doors for her

9. Most women would rather be given a gift certificate for a spa treatment (manicure/pedicure/massage) for Valentine's Day than chocolates.

10. In the immortal words of Sting, if you love someone set them free.  You absolutely cannot manipulate someone into loving you.  The best you can do is to like and respect yourself, then treat others the way that you would like to be treated, and hope for the best.  Some people are going to like you, and some people aren't, and at the end of the day, there ain't nothing you can do to change their feelings toward you.

Anyone else want to share their tips?

Subject: Re: Relationship tips

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 2:32 pm

When things get rough, just remember to say three simple words:

You're Right, Dear.

:D :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 2:35 pm

I always shower on Sunday mornings before I head out to see Robin in the afternoon.I want to smell extra good for her. ;D

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 2:40 pm

When things get rough, just remember to say three simple words:

You're Right, Dear.

Words of wisdom, CatwomanofV!

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 2:41 pm

Always do what she says. ;D

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 2:42 pm

I always shower on Sunday mornings before I head out to see Robin in the afternoon.I want to smell extra good for her. ;D

You're a wise man, Howard.  Smelling clean, and having fresh, minty breath are very important on a date!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/07/05 at 2:43 pm

always tell the truth....because the truth eventually always comes out!!!

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 2:44 pm

You're a wise man, Howard.  Smelling clean, and having fresh, minty breath are very important on a date!

I drink loads of coffee so it's impossible for me to have fresh minty breath. ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/07/05 at 2:47 pm

I drink loads of coffee so it's impossible for me to have fresh minty breath. ;D

I don't claim to be an expert in any means, but I'm known for always keeping Tic Tacs on me (my friends tease me about this too, lol). ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 2:49 pm

I don't claim to be an expert in any means, but I'm known for always keeping Tic Tacs on me (my friends tease me about this too, lol). ;)

Or what about those Listerine Pocket packs? ;D

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 2:50 pm

always tell the truth....because the truth eventually always comes out!!!

As a general rule, yes, but see tips #5 and #7 for the exceptions  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 2:51 pm

So you "jingle" too. I always carry Tic Tacs-in my purse, in my jacket and you can hear me coming a mile away. lol

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 2:52 pm

7. The answer to the question, "Why were you staring at that girl?" should ALWAYS be, "I was just struck by how ugly that girl is compared to you."

That's right.Never compare. ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/07/05 at 2:58 pm

So you "jingle" too. I always carry Tic Tacs-in my purse, in my jacket and you can hear me coming a mile away. lol

Cat

I've been known for that too. :)

BTW, Howard - I love Listerine pocket packs! I always pop those before going out or going to work and stuff, etc.

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 3:09 pm

BTW, Howard - I love Listerine pocket packs! I always pop those before going out or going to work and stuff, etc.

I'm an Altoid man myself, and try to keep a stash in my car at all times.  Mmmmm.... licorice Altoids.....

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/07/05 at 3:11 pm

I'm an Altoid man myself, and try to keep a stash in my car at all times. Mmmmm.... licorice Altoids.....

I remember when those were brand new around 10 years ago. They were the strongest thing I'd tasted up till that point, LOL.

Seriously though, I just read through the entire list. I find that I already do/would do pretty much everything on there naturally. :)

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 3:17 pm

Seriously though, I just read through the entire list. I find that I already do/would do pretty much everything on there naturally. :)

Then you are a natural-born gentleman, Marty McFly!  I learned most of thse from the "school of hard knocks" (which probably explains why I didn't get married until later in life  :D

Written By: Howard on 10/07/05 at 3:29 pm

I've been known for that too. :)

I need to buy some soon.My breath is really kicking

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/07/05 at 4:01 pm

Here are a few simple tips - Coming from a girl's point of view (and from some lessons learned from the past)

1. Never assume any situation. If you haven't heard from your mate, call them. Keep communication alive and don't expect the other to always make the first move on everything.

2. Be the first to make up in a situation and apologize. Make compromises and reveal your feelings saying "I" instead of "You." Saying "You" sounds like you're blaming them, rather than taking ownership for your own feelings.

There will be more to come.. :0)

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/05 at 4:14 pm

I've got a relationship tip - don't get into one.  ;D

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 4:18 pm

1. Never assume any situation. If you haven't heard from your mate, call them. Keep communication alive and don't expect the other to always make the first move on everything.

So very true.  I can't count the number of times that I made assumptions based on ambiguous data, asseumptions that turned out to be completely wrong.

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/05 at 4:21 pm

IMO, the golden rule. Without communication, the relationship is in danger.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/07/05 at 4:28 pm

IMO, the golden rule. Without communication, the relationship is in danger.

Very true. I have seen many simple situations get very complicated because one just decided to wait for the other to call them, and then got upset when they didn't. I always feel that if you haven't heard from that person (especailly if this is someone you love) then check in and just say you were worried or concerned you hadn't heard from them. It never hurts to go the extra mile.

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/05 at 4:30 pm

Very true. I have seen many simple situations get very complicated because one just decided to wait for the other to call them, and then got upset when they didn't. I always feel that if you haven't heard from that person (especailly if this is someone you love) then check in and just say you were worried or concerned you hadn't heard from them. It never hurts to go the extra mile.

Exactly. You've got a good on your shoulders. Are you sure you're a woman?

KIDDING!!!!  ;) ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/07/05 at 4:36 pm

Here are a few simple tips - Coming from a girl's point of view (and from some lessons learned from the past)

2. Be the first to make up in a situation and apologize. Make compromises and reveal your feelings saying "I" instead of "You." Saying "You" sounds like you're blaming them, rather than taking ownership for your own feelings.

There will be more to come.. :0)

Couldn't agree more - especially with #1. Take the advice of someone who's been on that end of it.

I'll admit, I've often had the mindset of, "Oh, I'll wait for them to call me" (not just girls, but anyone). I've made that mistake WAYYYY too many times in the past, and consequently have lost touch with people I wish I hadn't. :(

I'm friendly and personable, but I've never been a "phoney". Just never liked making calls. But, if there's one thing I'd tell my past self (say, 10 years ago at age 13 or 14), it would be, would you rather feel awkward or unsure of what to say for a few seconds, or risk losing touch with someone for a lifetime?

As for option #2, I'll always do that too. :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/05 at 4:41 pm

But, if there's one thing I'd tell my past self (say, 10 years ago at age 13 or 14), it would be, would you rather feel awkward or unsure of what to say for a few seconds, or risk losing touch with someone for a lifetime?

Good reasoning. I have lost touch with people because I have been awkward on the phone too.  :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/07/05 at 4:41 pm

So very true.  I can't count the number of times that I made assumptions based on ambiguous data, asseumptions that turned out to be completely wrong.

People always assume the worst and I think we all have irrational fears we nurture because of our insecurities - So, sometimes it's best to just not jump to conclusions. I know how easy it is to think the worst. These thoughts often swim through my head, but I always beat them down with a stick - lol

"Did his ex-girlfriend contact him?" (why he hasn't called me in awhile...)

"Can I ever live up to his past girlfriends?" (when he sometimes gets a dour look on his face, lol)

"I hope he isn't comparing me to them" (any woman that looks prettier )

These are just a few I have to keep at bay and forget. It's hard sometimes, but you just got to let these things go away.. as I am sure my boyfriend has similar fears.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/07/05 at 4:45 pm

Exactly. You've got a good on your shoulders. Are you sure you're a woman?

KIDDING!!!!  ;) ;D

lol, Hey, I know that I do sometimes think like a guy. I have always had a hard time with all the "drama" women get over these things and it annoys the hell out of me because I can see how much turmoil it brings to the relationship. I really try hard to not fit that persona of the "clinging vine" girlfriend.

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/05 at 4:48 pm

lol, Hey, I know that I do sometimes think like a guy. I have always had a hard time with all the "drama" women get over these things and it annoys the hell out of me because I can see how much turmoil it brings to the relationship. I really try hard to not fit that persona of the "clinging vine" girlfriend.

Your boyfriend is very lucky. Make sure he knows it.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 6:12 pm

Don't think you are going to change someone. That is the worse assumption in a relationship. When you discover that you can't change the person, you will be upset with that person for not changing. And your partner will be upset because you are trying to change them.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/07/05 at 6:26 pm

Your boyfriend is very lucky. Make sure he knows it.  ;)

Thanks, Bobby :0)  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/08/05 at 7:48 am

Try not to spend all day and nights online and more to the point, on chat boards.

A little time is cool if you're just chilling, but all the time    ::) ::) - that's just sad and 

it is far too wasteful of precious time.

Wonders how some married people who are in here constantly stay married!!!
    ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/08/05 at 7:55 am

I've got a relationship tip - don't get into one.  ;D

But what about you Bob? Don't you want a girlfriend then want her for your wife and maybe your Mother would like to become a Grandmother someday? ???

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/05 at 8:04 am

But what about you Bob? Don't you want a girlfriend then want her for your wife and maybe your Mother would like to become a Grandmother someday? ???

I was being faceitious, Howard.

One day I certainly would like to be in a relationship. I'm not bothered about my mum being a grandmother though.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/08/05 at 8:07 am

I was being faceitious, Howard.

One day I certainly would like to be in a relationship. I'm not bothered about my mum being a grandmother though.  ;D

I know that Robin is the one for me and I'm dying to lose my virginity to her so badly,It's sexually painful & I can't stand it anymore.

My Mother would like to become a grandmother soon.And she's 60 years old. :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/05 at 8:16 am

I know that Robin is the one for me and I'm dying to lose my virginity to her so badly,It's sexually painful & I can't stand it anymore.

It's sexually painful because Robin is reminding you all the time.

My Mother would like to become a grandmother soon.And she's 60 years old. :)

I'm sure she will get her chance, Howard.  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/05 at 9:56 am

:o Very graphic there, Howard. Maybe you should edit it before Chucky G sees it; I don't think he'd like it too much.

I need some help. This wouldn't really be a relationship tip so much as a dating tip.

When you first start talking to a woman what should you talk about? What things are appropriate and not appropriate?

I struck out last night. I registered at okcupid.com because I figure if I'm not ready to seek out women in person I could at least start out online and slowly build my way up.

So I found two close matches(to my personality profile) who lived within a reasonable distance of me, and I IMed them. Well after just a couple of minutes they both blew me off. I really don't have the faintest idea what I said wrong.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/08/05 at 11:42 am

^ I have a tendency to eat at the computer. I'm glad I wasn't doing it when I read that, though. ;D

(No offense Howard, lol)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/08/05 at 12:18 pm

I agree with Bobby and Alex, Howard.  You might want to remove that statement or Chucky might ban you again. 

Written By: drewbru on 10/08/05 at 1:40 pm

I need some help. This wouldn't really be a relationship tip so much as a dating tip.

When you first start talking to a woman what should you talk about? What things are appropriate and not appropriate?

Ah, Deadrockstar, my arch-nemesis!  We both have the same avatar, but with different backgrounds (I checked your profile, and found that you registered 3 days before I did, so I guess technically, you have the stronger claim to it).  I guess it's lucky for me that when I did a Google search for the "Dark Side of the Moon" GIF file, the first one I came across had a white background, and I was too lazy to find the one that you are using.)  ;D

Anyways, in response to your question:  of course, every relationship is different, but as a GENERAL RULE, my experiences have taught me that it is best to keep things light-hearted and fun for the first couple of dates.  Think of some funny epsiodes from your past, and share them with her.  It's always good to ask her questions about herself, and then to REALLY pay attention to what's she's saying.  Remeber that the first couple of dates is basically a "trial period", where each person is trying to decide whether the other one is a "match" or not.  Don't forget that if you're rejected, it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you:  some people like vanilla ice cream, some people like chocolate, and others like mint chocolate chip -- doesn't mean that any flavor is "bad", just differnt strokes for different folks.

Where to meet people you might be compatible with:  I think that mutual friends is a good way (this is how I met my wife).  Common activities: church/synagogue/temple, cooking classes, photography, or whatever your particular interests are.  I personally believe that "like attracts like" more often than "opposites attract".  The jury's still out for me on online dating....I've met very few people who met their signficant other over the Internet, but then again, the Web is still relatively young, so who can say.

Above all, treat yourself with dignity and respect, and then treat other people the way that you would like to be treated.  When you're happy and enjoying life, other people can sense this, and are more likely to want to join you for the ride..

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/05 at 1:48 pm

but as a GENERAL RULE, my experiences have taught me that it is best to keep things light-hearted and fun for the first couple of dates.  Think of some funny epsiodes from your past, and share them with her.  It's always good to ask her questions about herself, and then to REALLY pay attention to what's she's saying.  Remeber that the first couple of dates is basically a "trial period", where each person is trying to decide whether the other one is a "match" or not.  Don't forget that if you're rejected, it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you:  some people like vanilla ice cream, some people like chocolate, and others like mint chocolate chip -- doesn't mean that any flavor is "bad", just differnt strokes for different folks.

I agree. Never get deep with a woman on the first couple of meetings - you'll scare her off otherwise. It's good she feels comfortable and relaxed before the next step.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/05 at 4:55 pm

I think Howard just made it into the "Quote of the Day" thread.

He's got to be careful or else he will end up in being in the 'banned for a lifetime' category.  ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 5:02 pm

Where to meet people you might be compatible with:  I think that mutual friends is a good way (this is how I met my wife).  Common activities: church/synagogue/temple, cooking classes, photography, or whatever your particular interests are.  I personally believe that "like attracts like" more often than "opposites attract".  The jury's still out for me on online dating....I've met very few people who met their signficant other over the Internet, but then again, the Web is still relatively young, so who can say.

Above all, treat yourself with dignity and respect, and then treat other people the way that you would like to be treated.  When you're happy and enjoying life, other people can sense this, and are more likely to want to join you for the ride..

Drewbru, I actually met two of my last boyfriends on the internet. Weird, huh? I mean, I have known and dated boys through mutual friends or just meeting on campus at my college, but I have found that the two most compatible people I've been with I have met online. I feel sort of strange saying I met them "online" because I think people still view it as too contemporary a way to meet a mate, but to me it's no different than meeting someone through writing letters - like penpals, etc.

I agree about "like attract like," situation. When opposites run too deep, it can be exeedingly impossible to be with that person for an extended period of time. Like for instance, one drinks alchohol and smokes, and the other doesn't - OR - one is a sports addict and physical whereas the other is complacent and more artsey. Not that these traits can't mesh together, but sometimes there has to be a good balance between the two.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 5:02 pm

He's got to be careful or else he will end up in being in the 'banned for a lifetime' category.  ::)

Yeah, that was a bit raunchy (yet, I have to admit - pretty funny, too!)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/08/05 at 6:19 pm

Some things I've discovered over the years:

Be honest
Be kind
Don't whine
Be confident but not boastful
Be truly interested in what the other person is saying, you might learn some things
Truly listen, don't just go "uh huh, yeah" ask questions and remember the answers
Don't get jealous of past relationships, there are reasons that they are in the past
Be patient - Rome wasn't built in a day - relationships take ALOT of work - give and take
And one particular thing I learnt was useful, always keep an extra blanket handy when your "bed mate" rolls over and pulls the blanket off you, grab the other blanket instead of making a fuss.  ;D

Also, have a sense of humour
and know yourself - what you like, what annoys you, what you are willing to put up with

And lastly, always be with someone that makes you laugh (not at them, but with them), life is so much sweeter when you can be happy with someone that makes you smile.  (I've been married almost 3 years, and it's still true to this day)

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/05 at 6:22 pm

Be honest
Be kind
Don't whine
Be truly interested in what the other person is saying, you might learn some things
Truly listen, don't just go "uh huh, yeah" ask questions and remember the answers
Don't get jealous of past relationships, there are reasons that they are in the past
Be patient - Rome wasn't built in a day - relationships take ALOT of work - give and take
And one particular thing I learnt was useful, always keep an extra blanket handy when your "bed mate" rolls over and pulls the blanket off you, grab the other blanket instead of making a fuss.  ;D

and know yourself - what you like, what annoys you, what you are willing to put up with

And lastly, always be with someone that makes you laugh (not at them, but with them), life is so much sweeter when you can be happy with someone that makes you smile.  (I've been married almost 3 years, and it's still true to this day)

That's good, yet simple, advice for us all.  8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 6:23 pm

Be honest
Be kind
Don't whine

Very true, Bookmistress!

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/05 at 8:45 pm

Howard... yesh, think before you post

Everyone else. Stop quoting stuff you know is going to get deleted, I end up deleting more of those posts than anything else

Written By: Apricot on 10/08/05 at 9:04 pm

Everyone else. Stop quoting stuff you know is going to get deleted, I end up deleting more of those posts than anything else

Oh, snap.. Chucky doesn't take your sh-t! One step over that line...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/08/05 at 9:07 pm

Oh, snap.. Chucky doesn't take your sh-t! One step over that line...

And he'll....

Well, This is where I have to stop. I'll leave the rest to the imagination.

Written By: Apricot on 10/08/05 at 9:08 pm

Good plan. He'll mod. us too! :o

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 9:59 pm

Personally, I thought it rather funny. Maybe too revealing, but it sure took some guts to say it!

And hey, I don't think any of us on here are truly going to feel violated by that. I dunno, maybe I'm sick and twisted...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/08/05 at 10:05 pm

Personally, I thought it rather funny. Maybe too revealing, but it sure took some guts to say it!

And hey, I don't think any of us on here are truly going to feel violated by that. I dunno, maybe I'm sick and twisted...

it was funny....it's just we have to hear about it everyday! ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 10:12 pm

it was funny....it's just we have to hear about it everyday! ;D

True..  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/05 at 11:18 pm

Ah, Deadrockstar, my arch-nemesis!  We both have the same avatar, but with different backgrounds (I checked your profile, and found that you registered 3 days before I did, so I guess technically, you have the stronger claim to it).  I guess it's lucky for me that when I did a Google search for the "Dark Side of the Moon" GIF file, the first one I came across had a white background, and I was too lazy to find the one that you are using.)  ;D

Anyways, in response to your question:  of course, every relationship is different, but as a GENERAL RULE, my experiences have taught me that it is best to keep things light-hearted and fun for the first couple of dates.  Think of some funny epsiodes from your past, and share them with her.  It's always good to ask her questions about herself, and then to REALLY pay attention to what's she's saying.  Remeber that the first couple of dates is basically a "trial period", where each person is trying to decide whether the other one is a "match" or not.  Don't forget that if you're rejected, it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you:  some people like vanilla ice cream, some people like chocolate, and others like mint chocolate chip -- doesn't mean that any flavor is "bad", just differnt strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I have heard others tell me that. I guess its true its just, I don't feel like I will really be happy until I'm with somebody. Maybe thats not te most attractive thing in the whole world but it is my nature. Its a paradox really.

"I eat, because I'm unhappy. And I'm unhappy, because I eat."-Fat B@stard ;D Its kind of like that though. Its a self-feeding thing..

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/05 at 11:23 pm

Crap. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I'm just having no luck. This here is as far as this particular convo got. Pathetic. They don't even give me a chance. I always get these type of responses.

S9Bc :  do you listen to indie rock?
(ncpi) :  um no
(ncpi) :  and srry but i was about to get off
(ncpi)signed off at 11:20 PM

Not her actual s/n, ncpi stands for "name changed to protect the innocent".

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/08/05 at 11:51 pm

Crap. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I'm just having no luck. This here is as far as this particular convo got. Pathetic. They don't even give me a chance. I always get these type of responses.

S9Bc :  do you listen to indie rock?
(ncpi) :  um no
(ncpi) :  and srry but i was about to get off
(ncpi)signed off at 11:20 PM

Not her actual s/n, ncpi stands for "name changed to protect the innocent".

Maybe just start the convo with a simple "Hello" before asking questions... otherwise it may make them not get to know you as easily by asking what they like and don't like as the first thing you say.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/09/05 at 6:11 am

SICKLY  ::) ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 6:56 pm

Sorry Chuck.I wasn't thinking :(

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 6:57 pm

SICKLY   ::) ::)

What's so sickly about it? She's frustrating me. >:(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/10/05 at 7:24 pm

Howard - just have a quickie wedding and you both will be much happier!

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 7:25 pm

Howard - just have a quickie wedding and you both will be much happier!

Her parents won't like that.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/10/05 at 7:27 pm

Her parents won't like that.

Why's that?

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 7:32 pm

Why's that?

They think she's not ready for one yet.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/10/05 at 7:32 pm

Let your man have his space during football ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/10/05 at 7:36 pm

They think she's not ready for one yet.

Well, if she's ready to be in a relationship with you and date you, and you two are able adults - it should be no one's decision but between the two of you - meaning when the time is right, it's right. I am just rooting for you hear as it sounds like you two are happy, but it seems things are getting in the way.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 7:37 pm

Well, if she's ready to be in a relationship with you and date you, and you two are able adults - it should be no one's decision but between the two of you - meaning when the time is right, it's right. I am just rooting for you hear as it sounds like you two are happy, but it seems things are getting in the way.

issues are getting in the way. :(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/10/05 at 7:40 pm

issues are getting in the way. :(

I see, well, take your time then and things will be figured out in due time.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/10/05 at 7:46 pm

Howard:

"Chyou know what runs this world, mang? Balls" - Tony Montana, SCARFACE

They sound a little funny(hehe), but they are words of wisdom my friend. You're an adult, and Robin is an adult. If you both feel that you're ready to get married don't let her nor your parents influence you out of doing so.

Written By: Howard on 10/11/05 at 7:49 pm

Howard:

"Chyou know what runs this world, mang? Balls" - Tony Montana, SCARFACE

They sound a little funny(hehe), but they are words of wisdom my friend. You're an adult, and Robin is an adult. If you both feel that you're ready to get married don't let her nor your parents influence you out of doing so.

Thanks Dead :)

Check for new replies or respond here...