inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you had your own band...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/09/05 at 10:38 pm

If you had your own band, what would it be called?  ???

I am curious as to what the replies what be....  ;D

Subject: Re: If you had your own band...

Written By: Dagwood on 10/09/05 at 10:42 pm

When I was in high school my friend and I were going to start a band called The Portable Triangles.  We were rockers and hated New Wave.  We figured if Wave bands could be successful with what we thought of as crap that we could be successful, too. 

The world should thank our short attention spans that it never actually happened. ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/09/05 at 10:44 pm

Well, If I had my own band, chances are--it'd be Chutney, so....

Bethanie: Italian Stallion--Queen Of All That Is Chutney!

<Is Subject To Change>

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/09/05 at 10:48 pm

I hate EMO band names such as: As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Funeral For A Friend and, A Static Lullaby.

However, If you're into the EMOs, and need a good name, well...

http://www.rydia.net/mockmyemotion/emonamegen/

^That's your guy, right thuurrrr.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/05 at 10:50 pm

hahahaha....me and this guy that I used to be friends with were coming home from a youth retreat or something to that nature...and we are acting so crazy....making up band names (not like I ever thought of having one)....but we decided that "Bisexual Seeds" would be a funny name (not that we are). LOL!  Funny thing is that he actually grew up and made a band for himself...it's called , "The Juliana Theory" and he is the lead singer...hmmmpf....he should have stuck with "The Bisexual Seeds"...LOL! ;D

Erin :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/05 at 11:58 pm

I could be a rap star ... Whiss Doggy Dog

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/10/05 at 12:22 am

Mine would be called Penguins In The Mist.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/10/05 at 12:33 am

Mine would have to center around cats, I'm afraid...

Something like:

As the cat purrs

Purrina

Kitty Whiskers

Meowsalot

The swishy tails

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/10/05 at 4:06 am

Frozen sand

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/10/05 at 5:52 am

Me and my friend from school have our own daft band just for a laugh. We're busy writing out an album of songs (the best one so far being "I Had No Idea (You Were A Man)"  ;D

We're named 'Carnaby Street' after this poster on the wall of a cafe where we wrote our first song "The Sweet Savagery Of Youth". This is all in the name of fun, mind you  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 10/10/05 at 8:58 am

I hate EMO band names such as: As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Funeral For A Friend and, A Static Lullaby.

However, If you're into the EMOs, and need a good name, well...

http://www.rydia.net/mockmyemotion/emonamegen/

^That's your guy, right thuurrrr.  ;)

I'm "The Fall Season Conspiracy".  ;D

I'd want a bad-ass name for my band.. something along the lines of two names.. think "Belle & Sebastian" if it wasn't so ghey.

And I would DEMAND people use the ampersand every time they talked about or spelled our name

Of course, I'd need another person....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 10:40 am

....I checked mine on there and it was....February Stars.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/10/05 at 10:41 am

4:00 riot

..go me  :D

Written By: Harmonica on 10/10/05 at 11:06 am

I am in a band, actually in two.  One offical and one that is ran by one guy and he adds and subtracts members as he pleases.

The Stick To Your Day Job Pals - We got Crazy on the Lead Guitar.  The Fox on the bass guitar.  A different guy about every performance for rhythm guitar. Then the guy that I'm not sure what his name is, he never talks,  on the drums.  I play harmonica.  We all take turns being lead singer, I'd tell you the story of how we came up with our band name but I'm sure you can guess from the "We all take turns being lead singer".  I also play keyboard on super dooper easy songs, and once in a while drums on songs that I know so well that the drum beat is locked in my head.

Diamonds in the Rough - The leader grabs me once in a while and tells me to learn certain songs on harmonica and then I play with them.

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/10/05 at 12:12 pm

http://www.myspace.com/fromnever

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/10/05 at 1:26 pm

My band is called..... 12:00 Morning.....

I love Penguins In The Mist better!

It sounds more hard edged plus PENGUINS RULE!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 10/10/05 at 6:34 pm

Starrlight Express would be the name of our band ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/10/05 at 6:37 pm

Starrlight Express would be the name of our band ;D

Wow, I love the catchy and obviously purposeful mis-spelling of starrlight. Very...um.... 'street', dowg. Holla!

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 6:38 pm

If it wasn't already taken, I'd pick "The Pinheads" for obvious reasons. ;)

On that note, it's funny, but even though I've always liked music, I never was interested in doing it as a career. However, if I were in a band now, I think I'd want to play 80's influenced pop/rock. Of course, I'd modify it enough to fit with today's stuff, but synthesizers and guitar solos would be a must, lol.

I'd try to sound kinda like Huey Lewis, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Journey, etc.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 6:45 pm

My band is called..... 12:00 Morning.....

I love Penguins In The Mist better!

It sounds more hard edged plus PENGUINS RULE!!!!!!

how about James and the Giant Penguin?  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 6:53 pm

Speaking of "Pinheads" and "Marty McFly" and "Huey Lewis", I just realized something cool -- this post has 19 replies and 85 views. That reads 1985. The year BTTF came out.

Oh wait, I just messed it up by clicking and replying. :( :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 7:57 pm

If it wasn't already taken, I'd pick "The Pinheads" for obvious reasons. ;)

cool..then I would probably listen just because the name reminds me of the Ramones! ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 8:01 pm

cool..then I would probably listen just because the name reminds me of the Ramones! ;)

:)

I'm actually not familar with any of their songs besides "Gabba Gabba" and "I Don't Wanna Fight" (which was featured on a Christmas ep of Beavis & Butthead, LOL). But I'd at least play those two.

Stylistically, the closest band I'm a huge fan of would probably be Cheap Trick. I kinda favor their more mainstream 80's songs like "The Flame" and "Mighty Wings" (big surprise, lol :D ), but I also love "Surrender" and some of their more punkish songs too. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 8:03 pm

I'm actually not familar with any of their songs besides "Gabba Gabba" and "I Don't Wanna Fight" (which was featured on a Christmas ep of Beavis & Butthead, LOL). But I'd at least play those two.

Stylistically, the closest band I'm a huge fan of would probably be Cheap Trick. I kinda favor their more mainstream 80's songs like "The Flame" and "Mighty Wings" (big surprise, lol :D ), but I also love "Surrender" and some of their more punkish songs too. :)

Do you happen to like, "The Cars"??  I have always thought that they remind me of the Ramones....I think mainly because of their unique voices....well, they happen to be one of my favorites bands as well.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 8:07 pm

Do you happen to like, "The Cars"?? I have always thought that they remind me of the Ramones....I think mainly because of their unique voices....well, they happen to be one of my favorites bands as well.

Oh tons. 8) They were one of the (many) first bands I got into (I was introduced to music very early, partly 'cause my mom was really into it in the 80's. My dad likes a number of it too).

"Shake it Up" was the first song I liked, and I guess it's like a mix of their early and later sounds.

Today my fave would be "You Are the Girl" but I like 'em all. Ric Ocasek's voice did sound similar to Joey Ramone's, now that I think about it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 8:08 pm

Oh tons. 8) They were one of the (many) first bands I got into (I was introduced to music very early, partly 'cause my mom was really into it in the 80's. My dad likes a number of it too).

"Shake it Up" was the first song and I guess it's like a mix of their early and later sounds.

I personally really like the song, "Drive"....along with all of their other ones, of course.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 8:10 pm

I personally really like the song, "Drive"....along with all of their other ones, of course.

Me too. That was their best ballad.

What was cool about them is, even though they changed sound a little, you could still put on a Heartbeat City song next to "Just What I Needed" from 1978, and it would flow together.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 8:12 pm

Me too. That was their best ballad.

What was cool about them is, even though they changed sound a little, you could still put on a Heartbeat City song next to "Just What I Needed" from 1978, and it would flow together.

Ya, that's true!  I have "Just What I Needed" as one of my ringtones on my cell phone! ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 8:14 pm

^ 8) (My cell just does the annoying everyday ring, lol)

I hear it in commercials all the time now, but I'll never get sick of it. Although I can't believe it's over 25 years ago since then.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 8:20 pm

^ 8) (My cell just does the annoying everyday ring, lol)

I hear it in commercials all the time now, but I'll never get sick of it. Although I can't believe it's over 25 years ago since then.

time does fly by rather quickly! :-\\

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/10/05 at 9:14 pm

Hadjii and the Flying Lunatics (that actually is the fake band name I used as the band for a bunch of fake songs I wrote for a publication)

Youth in Asia  (if I were for some reason to form a metal band)

Weepy Distraught Fridays (actually the name of a fake emo band I used in an article)

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 9:27 pm

The only Ramones song I really know is Baby, I Love You which was a gigantic chart hit for them here in Canada in 1980 :)

Oh yeah, I also know Rock and Roll High School :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 9:30 pm

Drive was such a great song.  Have you ever heard Ric Ocasek's 1986 solo hit Emotion in Motion.  That song has such a fantastic melody .. even the fairytale themed video was great :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/10/05 at 9:35 pm

Ok, time for a band history of Dominic:

In 4th grade... we were supposed to start a band (Stupid idea) because we didn't know any instruments... I mean.. I took violin, but got a D in orchestra. We were called The Dudes. Wrote a few lyrics. All stupid

7th grade... made 2 cd's... both sucked. 2nd was experimental. 1st was just me and my stepsister singing parodies and funny songs.
Called Anonymous website here: parodylover.tripod.com

in between seventh and eigth grade... Brain Annihilaiton. We have a few songs here: Soundclick.com/brainannihilation
wasn't really a band, just me and my friend singing making weird noises and whatnot.

in between eigth grade and now I had a couple of jam sessions with a pretty good guitarist. I did play keyboards, but I'm learning drums and I'm gonna switch to that. We don't have a name.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 9:42 pm

Drive was such a great song.  Have you ever heard Ric Ocasek's 1986 solo hit Emotion in Motion.  That song has such a fantastic melody .. even the fairytale themed video was great :)

Yes I have heard it...it's rather good.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/10/05 at 9:46 pm

I also loved the surrounding songs, "True to You" and "Look in Your Eyes". The former especially sounds like vintage Cars.

Ben Orr (who did lead vocals on "Drive") had a solo hit called "Stay the Night" in '86 too - sounds kinda similar to Drive as well.

^ BTW, a funny story about that. It was for a long time, one of those 80's hits I vaguely knew about, but never knew who sung it. It drove me crazy that I never could find it - 'cause I always thought it was called "Stay Tonight". Thank God for the Internet and my constant used CD shopping (found it on an 80's compilation a couple years ago). ;)

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 9:56 pm

I also loved the surrounding songs, "True to You" and "Look in Your Eyes". The former especially sounds like vintage Cars.

Ben Orr (who did lead vocals on "Drive") had a solo hit called "Stay the Night" in '86 too - sounds kinda similar to Drive as well.

^ BTW, a funny story about that. It was for a long time, one of those 80's hits I vaguely knew about, but never knew who sung it. It drove me crazy that I never could find it - 'cause I always thought it was called "Stay Tonight". Thank God for the Internet and my constant used CD shopping (found it on an 80's compilation a couple years ago). ;)

I remember Stay the Night.  I actually have it on 45 rpm :)

I was really sad when Ben Orr passed away  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 10:00 pm

I remember Stay the Night.  I actually have it on 45 rpm :)

I was really sad when Ben Orr passed away  :\'(

Ric Ocasek is supposed to be on Conan O'Brian on October 21st.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 10:02 pm

Ric Ocasek is supposed to be on Conan O'Brian on October 21st.

I'll have to tune in to see that.  I wonder if he still has that high hair  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 10:02 pm

I'll have to tune in to see that.  I wonder if he still has that high hair  ;D

I don't know....he was always very unique looking...didn't he marry that attractive model?

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/10/05 at 10:05 pm

Here are some ideas I've had:

Evolution On Demand

White Rose

Perfumed Garden of Souls

The Seratones

The L.I.E. Theory

Note: Evolution on demand is just cool(lol), white rose is a historical reference to a little known underground anti-Nazi student group from Germany in the late 30s, Perfumed Garden of Souls is a reference to a Tunisian novel from the 1100s(or something like that) called "The Perfume Garden" which some consider to be the "kama sutra" of the Islamic world, Seratones is a wordplay between tone and the word seratonin(which is a neurochemical involved in the phenomenon of hallucination), and L.I.E. stands for "love is everything".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 10:08 pm

Here are some ideas I've had:

Evolution On Demand

White Rose

Perfumed Garden of Souls

The Seratones

The L.I.E. Theory

Note: Evolution on demand is just cool(lol), white rose is a historical reference to a little known underground anti-Nazi student group from Germany in the late 30s, Perfumed Garden of Souls is a reference to a Tunisian novel from the 1100s(or something like that) called "The Perfume Garden" which some consider to be the "kama sutra" of the Islamic world, Seratones is a wordplay between tone and the word seratonin(which is a neurochemical involved in the phenomenon of hallucination), and L.I.E. stands for "love is everything".

interesting, Alex...I like em'.

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 10:09 pm

I don't know....he was always very unique looking...didn't he marry that attractive model?

Yeah .. her name is Paulina Porzkova (sp?) .. She was in the Tom Selleck movie 'Her Alibi'

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 10:10 pm

Yeah .. her name is Paulina Porzkova (sp?) .. She was in the Tom Selleck movie 'Her Alibi'

that's right! I guess there is something more to Ric than just his unique and crazy looks! :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/10/05 at 10:15 pm

The best name put forth thus far is easily Hadjii and the Flying Lunatics. Jebus, I just love that name!  :D 8)

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/05 at 10:20 pm

that's right! I guess there is something more to Ric than just his unique and crazy looks! :D

Either that, or Paulina doesn't have perfect vision  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/10/05 at 10:30 pm

I'd call my next one... Retinal Meatsink  ;D (It's my AIM sn)

I would never call a band this, but I think it's a good name for an emo band: Melt the Fear Building

Written By: thenewwavechick on 10/10/05 at 11:38 pm

If I had a band the band would either be Molly and the Molettes or The Girls of London.  ;D

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/11/05 at 5:15 am

ok Im officially requiring everyone to listen to at least two of the songs on our website.  Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/fromnever

Written By: bj26 on 10/11/05 at 7:32 am

Pop - Kosher Hotdogs
Metal - Purple Filth

Written By: Paul on 10/11/05 at 7:38 am

...I'd call it 'Sphincter'...

(...nice ring to it, don't you think?!!)

...and our first release would be a tender 'thrash metal with accordions' reworking of Chris De Blurgh's 'The Lady In Red (Is Dancing With Meat)...

(I think I need a coffee...!!)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 2:21 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.... FROM THE SOUTH POLE...

PENGUINS IN THE MIST!!!!!

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/12/f/4/5/f458fe53f2698633cc4e8d45c2cd9477200510110_full.jpg

Written By: Apricot on 10/11/05 at 2:22 pm

I've decided... my stage name is Reverend Alexander Marie Cook, Ph.D

Guess what I got my Ph.D in?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/11/05 at 2:24 pm

I've decided... my stage name is Reverend Alexander Marie Cook, Ph.D

Guess what I got my Ph.D in?

Uhh...

KICKING
        YOUR
              ASS?!

Haha! Cliquey humor!!  :D

Written By: Apricot on 10/11/05 at 2:25 pm

:o DON'T SAY IT AGAIN! You'll exclude people!!!!!!!  >:(  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/11/05 at 2:25 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.... FROM THE SOUTH POLE...

PENGUINS IN THE MIST!!!!!

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/12/f/4/5/f458fe53f2698633cc4e8d45c2cd9477200510110_full.jpg

Cool. You need a better logo, though... like this:

Written By: Step-chan on 10/11/05 at 2:31 pm

I would most likely call mine the "Beat 'em and Eat 'em killers". ;D :D ::)

Written By: NullandVoid on 10/11/05 at 2:38 pm

My band would be called Mozart's Angels...We'd be a rock band with a classical twist.

Our first song would be "Eine Kliene Nachtmusik en du @$$" which roughly translates as "A little night music in your 'bum'"

Man if I was born back in those days, I'd be a Mozart Groupie ::sigh:: ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 2:40 pm

Cool. You need a better logo, though... like this:

Phil the lead singer of Penguins In The Mist sez...

YOU ROCK!

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/12/e/c/5/ec501496f08460a1031ec4249391f5ab200510111_full.jpg

PSSSST..... I am stealing the picture for an avatar!!!  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/11/05 at 2:40 pm

I'd call my band the Silly Shi* Faced Cun*s

Or alternativley..

Sheep Shaggers Annonymous

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/11/05 at 2:43 pm

why don't we (as in the members of the playful penguin place) make a band? Then we really could be Penguins In The Mist!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/05 at 2:52 pm

why don't we (as in the members of the playful penguin place) make a band? Then we really could be Penguins In The Mist!  :D
...or Pengiuns On Ice?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 2:57 pm

Nah... the other is cooler...  ::)  ;D

And remember....

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/13/f/4/5/f458fe53f2698633cc4e8d45c2cd9477200510110_full.jpg

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/11/05 at 2:59 pm

Nah... the other is cooler...  ::)  ;D

And remember....

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/12/f/4/5/f458fe53f2698633cc4e8d45c2cd9477200510110_full

Remember that the image is unavailable?!  ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 3:01 pm

Remember that the image is unavailable?!  ???

No.....

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051011/13/f/4/5/f458fe53f2698633cc4e8d45c2cd9477200510110_full.jpg

;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/11/05 at 3:02 pm

No.....

;D

Hey, what happened to your logo, has Phil ate it?!  >:(

Written By: Apricot on 10/11/05 at 3:07 pm

I've actually done music.. got an entire album done, and a second on the way.. solo work. I'm not sure what they'll be released as, though.. name-wise, for the band..

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 3:07 pm

Hey, what happened to your logo, has Phil ate it?!  >:(

No.... it's an avatar!  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/11/05 at 3:10 pm

No.... it's an avatar!  ;D

nice one  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 3:12 pm

nice one  ;)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/11/05 at 3:14 pm

I've actually done music.. got an entire album done, and a second on the way.. solo work. I'm not sure what they'll be released as, though.. name-wise, for the band..

Nice one mate.

I have a cd floating around somewhere as well.

I know that Pete still has a copy made at Leicester College Music Recording Studios, thanks to the work and persuasion of honorary manager, Greg, who was doing a sound engineering class there  ;D

Me, Pete, Jake and Dan formed together to create the rock quatert known only as 'Then i got off the bus' (an inside joke)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 3:35 pm

Penguin of The Mist needs a title for their first album, any suggestions?

Written By: Howard on 10/11/05 at 7:12 pm

Wow, I love the catchy and obviously purposeful mis-spelling of starrlight. Very...um.... 'street', dowg. Holla!

Thanks Dak.

Written By: thenewwavechick on 10/11/05 at 7:17 pm

To JamiemcBain: I LOVE that picture of the penguins and the guitars, that's so cute.  :D
Hey if we did get a band together I'd love to play the tamborine like Tracey Patridge.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/05 at 9:05 pm

To JamiemcBain: I LOVE that picture of the penguins and the guitars, that's so cute.  :D
Hey if we did get a band together I'd love to play the tamborine like Tracey Patridge.   ;D

Coooooool!  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/11/05 at 9:36 pm

My band would be called Mozart's Angels...We'd be a rock band with a classical twist.

Our first song would be "Eine Kliene Nachtmusik en du @$$" which roughly translates as "A little night music in your 'bum'"

Man if I was born back in those days, I'd be a Mozart Groupie ::sigh:: ::)

I'm with you.  I love Mozart.  I played the violin in high school and Mozart was always my favorite.  Especially Eine Kliene Nachtmusik.  I think your band would rock.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/11/05 at 10:18 pm

I was thinking what would happen if Andrew, me, Beth, and Andy started a band...  ;D

Andrew would play all the instruments that the others don't play

I would play keyboards/piano

Beth would play guitar

And Andy would sing.

It would be funny because we would play like... Indy music while Andy sings heavy Metal...  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/11/05 at 10:26 pm

I was thinking what would happen if Andrew, me, Beth, and Andy started a band...  ;D

Andrew would play all the instruments that the others don't play

I would play keyboards/piano

Beth would play guitar

And Andy would sing.

It would be funny because we would play like... Indy music while Andy sings heavy Metal...  ;D

Ding a dang a twang a tang ah.. CONVULSING SODOMY RAPE CHILDREN AND EAT DOGS BALLS..ding a twang a wangaa waaawwinga twang MURDER EVERYONE BE NASTY AND KILL STUFF ting twang ding a twang da ding YOOUUUUU AAAARRREEE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT twing a twang a wing a wang.

I of course would be on Drums and Second Guitar as well.. at the same time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/11/05 at 10:55 pm

I could play the triangle!  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/11/05 at 10:56 pm

now there's talent!!

you can join too!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/11/05 at 10:57 pm

now there's talent!!

you can join too!

yippie skippie!!!...OR, I could just chant, "Hey Ho, Let's Go" over and over again! :D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/11/05 at 10:58 pm

yippie skippie!!!...OR, I could just chant, "Hey Ho, Let's Go" over and over again! :D ;D

I'm sure that would sound cool.

or how about we all shout that and andy can just scream?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/11/05 at 11:01 pm

I'm sure that would sound cool.

or how about we all shout that and andy can just scream?

sure...we will alternate between..."Hey Ho, Let's Go"....and "Gabba, Gabba, Hey"

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/11/05 at 11:20 pm

sure...we will alternate between..."Hey Ho, Let's Go"....and "Gabba, Gabba, Hey"

and in between that we could all go... "HALLELUJAH!"

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/12/05 at 8:32 am

I....like...........triangles ;).................alot. :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/12/05 at 9:02 am

I....like...........triangles ;).................alot. :o

The duplicate dot usuage makes me feel uneasy for some reason... :o

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/12/05 at 10:21 am

:-\\ :-\\ :-\\ ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/12/05 at 5:25 pm

I could play the electric guitar.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 7:08 pm

The auditions are on for Penguins In The Mist!  ;D

Currently the band consists of.....

Jamie McBain  -  Lead Singer/Band Founder 
The New Wave Chick - Tamborine

We are looking for......

Two Electric guitar players
Drummer
Bass guitar
Keyboards

and other instruments...

Anyone insterested?  ???  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/12/05 at 7:09 pm

The auditions are on for Peguins In The Mist!  ;D

We are looking for......

Drummer
Bass guitar
Keyboards

and other instruments...

I can play a mean-ass kazoo, Man.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 7:12 pm

Coooooooooooool!  ;D

The band has three members!

Beth - Kazoo

Anyone else?

???  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/12/05 at 7:13 pm

Coooooooooooool!  ;D

The band has three members!

Beth - Kazoo

Anyone else?

???  ;D

keyboardist at your service!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 7:15 pm

keyboardist at your service!

Neat!

Penguins In The Mist consits now of....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards

We are still looking for more members, and a manager!  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/12/05 at 7:16 pm

We are looking for......

Drummer
Bass guitar
Keyboards

and other instruments...

The only instrument I have played for more than a few seconds (or, for that matter, can play in itself!) is the drums. I actually had a set for a few months as a kid too.

I may not be Tommy Lee, but I'll give it my best shot --- only if you promise to play some 80's pop/rock covers when we perform live (hey, I know those the best!). ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 7:22 pm

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums

Are members of Penguins In The Mist!

Any others?  ???  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/12/05 at 7:26 pm

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums

Are members of Penguins In The Mist!

Any others?  ???  ;D

Cool! :)

I guess I AM cut out for music.

^ Another inside joke/reference to BTTF.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/12/05 at 7:41 pm

Cool! :)

I guess I AM cut out for music.

^ Another inside joke/reference to BTTF.

why not just go for the DeLoreon avatar?

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/12/05 at 7:43 pm

why not just go for the DeLoreon avatar?

Good point, I actually did have a few BTTF scene avatars back in the day, but I'm too "jumpy" in that regard - I rotate mine alot and like to "show off" things I like, I suppose. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/12/05 at 7:56 pm

Good point, I actually did have a few BTTF scene avatars back in the day, but I'm too "jumpy" in that regard - I rotate mine alot and like to "show off" things I like, I suppose. ;)

yeah, i guess since you have the name and sig, people just assume you're a BTTF guy!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 9:44 pm

I would be glad to play the triangle and do vocals.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/12/05 at 10:04 pm

I would be glad to play the triangle and do vocals.

out of curiosity, how good of a singer ARE you?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 10:08 pm

out of curiosity, how good of a singer ARE you?

i am pretty good.  I have been in different choirs/musicals...etc...ever since I was little (schools, community theater, church theater, etc).  I wish I would have had some professional training when I was younger, as that would have refined my voice a lot and I could have done something with it....but, it's pretty good.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 10:17 pm

Cooooooooooooool!  8)

The bad now has....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals

Anyone else?  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 10:37 pm

Well, I'm a drummer... but seeing as how that position's already TAKEN( >:(), I guess... I could stand there and look pretty! =D

Who needs quality music when you've got a sexy stud such as myself within 15 feet of you?  8)

you could be the slutty groupie!!

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/05 at 10:39 pm

We are looking for......

Drummer
Bass guitar
Keyboards

and other instruments...

I can play the jug.  YEE HAW!  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 10:40 pm

we need someone to strum their nose!!  ;D :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/05 at 10:47 pm

Not sure about nose strumming....  ;D

Here's the band so far....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug

Any others?

Let's make this the largest and loudest band possible...

Watch out Motorhead, PITM is the new most loudest band on Earth!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/12/05 at 10:48 pm

Not sure about nose strumming....  ;D

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug

Any others?

Let's make this the largest and loudest band possible...

Watch out Motorhead, PITM is the new most loudest band on Earth!  ;D

Dude, the JUG!

..That's kickass.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/12/05 at 10:53 pm

Ahem...

http://zanker.fto.de/met/resource/pics/kh/kh04.jpg

Alright.. so.. I may not be as good as the Legend himself, but.. I can play one kickass 'Noise'  ;D

Lead Guitarist at your solo.
Drug problems - Check
Drinking problems - Check
Bad attitude - Check
Wild 80's Metal Hair - Check

Yeah i think i fit the bill.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 10:55 pm

Ahem...

http://zanker.fto.de/met/resource/pics/kh/kh04.jpg

Alright.. so.. I may not be as good as the Legend himself, but.. I can play one kickass 'Noise'  ;D

Lead Guitarist at your solo.
Drug problems - Check
Drinking problems - Check
Bad attitude - Check
Wild 80's Metal Hair - Check

Yeah i think i fit the bill.

You forgot one:

tight bulging spandex pants that show every inch of your "package" ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/12/05 at 10:57 pm

Or I could steal Steve Ibsen's idea of how to join Linkin Park...

... And play accordian in your band, while being really really french.

my dad plays a mean accordian!

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/12/05 at 11:00 pm

You forgot one:

tight bulging spandex pants that show every inch of your "package" ;)

You could get me those instead of a Fedora. I'd wear em.

I wear a skirt for chrissake!!

Written By: Howard on 10/13/05 at 8:21 am

Count me in for the electric guitar

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/13/05 at 8:23 am

rhythm guitar  at your service.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/13/05 at 8:34 am

Jamie McBain - Lead Singer/Band Founder
Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug
0=={:::::::::::::::::::::::::>  - vocals/accordian
-Big~Unit-  Lead Guitarist
Howard - electric guitar
warlord32275 - rhythm guitar 
Erin's dad - accordian

Any others?  ???  ;D

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/13/05 at 8:40 am

You might want to scratch Howard off of "electric guitar". He likes blowing the kazoo.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Warlord. Give my best to Dominic.

Written By: karen on 10/13/05 at 8:44 am

Any others?  ???  ;D

I can play the recorder or the flute.

You might want to scratch Howard off of "electric guitar". He likes blowing the kazoo.

How do you know?

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/13/05 at 8:47 am

Dude, the JUG!

umm...........I really......really........really.............like jugs :-\\

..That's kickass.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/05 at 8:56 am

Your Friendly Neighborhood Warlord. Give my best to Dominic.

I do? No I don't. >:(

Written By: warlord32275 on 10/13/05 at 9:09 am

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/13/05 at 1:44 pm

Welp, looks like you can scratch Warlord off the list now  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/13/05 at 7:46 pm

Oooh, ooh! I got it!

I could be....

Your chorus/orchestra. You know, like the Polyphonic Spree and Meatloaf.  :)

... God, I'm so desperate... :\'(

Really... Polyphonic Spree are... awesome..

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/13/05 at 7:48 pm

Give my best to Dominic.

What's that mean?

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/13/05 at 11:44 pm

I love the Polyphonic Spree! And Light and Day is one of the trifecta of happy songs that I established (Three songs that you're guaranteed to become happier of you listen to them). ;D

sounds cool... I want some songs like that

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/15/05 at 1:40 pm

I could play the harmonica

and my dad can do the concertina....there could be a kickass dueling concertina/accordian part of all of our songs lol  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/15/05 at 2:39 pm

Coooool!

The band is now....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug
Howard - electric guitar
Erin's dad - accordian
Billy Florio - The harmonica
Billy's dad -  concertina

Written By: Howard on 10/15/05 at 4:43 pm

Coooool!

The band is now....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug
Howard - electric guitar
Erin's dad - accordian
Billy's dad -  concertina

When do we go on tour?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/16/05 at 7:49 pm

Good question....  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/16/05 at 7:50 pm

We need a manager, some songs, and other stuff first!!!!  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/16/05 at 8:18 pm

We need a manager, some songs, and other stuff first!!!!  ;D

I can double as the engineer!

I mix, edit...

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/16/05 at 8:20 pm

Hey, i may well have a band.

I got a call about 20 minutes ago from these guys who want me to try-out.

They've been doing some local clubs and stuff for the past 2 years. Might be pretty cool  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/16/05 at 8:22 pm

Hey, i may well have a band.

I got a call about 20 minutes ago from these guys who want me to try-out.

They've been doing some local clubs and stuff for the past 2 years. Might be pretty cool  :)

would you sing? You said that you aren't good at guitar....

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/16/05 at 8:39 pm

would you sing? You said that you aren't good at guitar....

Yeah.

I say sing, shout would be a more accurate description.

I need to practise guitar more, when i had Pete around he would teach me (he's awesome) but now.. blech, i don't wanna pay for lessons.)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/06/05 at 7:53 pm

The band is now....

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug
0=={:::::::::::::::::::::::::>¦nbsp; - vocals/accordian
-Big~Unit-¦nbsp; Lead Guitarist and vocals
Howard - electric guitar
warlord32275 - rhythm guitar¦nbsp;
Erin's dad - accordian
Billy's dad -¦nbsp; concertina
DominEL - Manager/engineer

;D

Written By: Apricot on 11/06/05 at 8:00 pm

I demand part of this!

What can I do? Uh... I can be this guy:

http://www.musicboom.it/interviste/2003012521125001.jpg

So.. you can put me down as the band's Arrington de Dionyso.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/06/05 at 9:35 pm

I demand part of this!

What can I do? Uh... I can be this guy:

http://www.musicboom.it/interviste/2003012521125001.jpg

So.. you can put me down as the band's Arrington de Dionyso.  ;D

Sure... so what does he do?

Written By: Apricot on 11/07/05 at 5:12 am

Sure... so what does he do?

Um... that's a good question, Jamie. Bass Clarinet, Guitar, And really scary vocals.  ;D

Written By: ros on 11/07/05 at 5:16 am

I could play a mean tamborine  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/07/05 at 11:41 am

Cool!

Beth - Kazoo
Guest - Keyboards
Marty McFly - drums
Erin - Triangle/vocals
Whistle - jug
0=={:::::::::::::::::::::::::>¦nbsp; - vocals/accordian
-Big~Unit-¦nbsp; Lead Guitarist and vocals
Howard - electric guitar
warlord32275 - rhythm guitar¦nbsp;
Erin's dad - accordian
Billy's dad -¦nbsp; concertina
DominEL - Manager/engineer
ros - tamborine
The King of Lost Light - Bass Clarinet, Guitar, and vocals

Written By: Howard on 11/07/05 at 4:30 pm

So I'm electric guitar?  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/07/05 at 4:31 pm

Yep!

Written By: Morton on 11/07/05 at 5:34 pm

i'm still no further at getting a band together, in fact, if anything, i've taken about 143689 steps backwards because my mate's friends aren't interested in the slightest, and one of them's already in a band... typical

But I refuse to give up! i'll keep searching (and a couple of mates at school are apparently getting guitars and lessons for crimbo)  8)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 11/15/05 at 5:35 am

I would have loved to have been in PRINCE'S Band,
then I could have my hair as big as I wanted and wear totally bizarre outfits and no one would bat an eye  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/15/05 at 4:55 pm

The All Starr Band  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/17/05 at 12:45 pm

.. would our set include...

A metal version of John Denver's 'Country Roads' why yes.. yes it would.

Check for new replies or respond here...