inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your very first date like?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/21/05 at 11:52 pm

What was your very first date like? If you haven't had one yet, what would be a perfect date in your opinion?

My first official date was with this kid named Ryan that I met while acting in community theater. I was in 8th grade, and we went to the movies to see, "Home Alone".  He held my hand and I felt like I was on cloud nine! ;)

Erin :)

Subject: Re: What was your very first date like?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/22/05 at 12:09 am

awwwww ;)^

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/22/05 at 12:12 am

Well, I had to go on group dates until I was 16. So, the first time I was allowed to go alone with him...he took me to Denny's and Dicks Sporting Goods. I think we had a fight that night, too. Wasn't that good...at all, actually. Eh, oh well.

My perfect date? Man, It all depends on who you're with. I mean, It can be something really simple, but as long as you're with a great person...it would be perfect. I guess I'd have to say a cemetery. Just going to a cemetery and talking all night long, and staying up to watch the sunrise.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/22/05 at 12:25 am

What was your very first date like? If you haven't had one yet, what would be a perfect date in your opinion?

My first official date was with this kid named Ryan that I met while acting in community theater. I was in 8th grade, and we went to the movies to see, "Home Alone".  He held my hand and I felt like I was on cloud nine! ;)

Waaait a second--8th grade?! Why wasn't I allowed to date until the age 16?!  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/22/05 at 12:26 am

well...it was supposed to be a group date, but we couldn't find anyone that we were supposed to meet.....it was SUPER crowded at the theater that day....so it ended up being a solo thing! LOL!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/22/05 at 12:29 am

well...it was supposed to be a group date, but we couldn't find anyone that we were supposed to meet.....it was SUPER crowded at the theater that day....so it ended up being a solo thing! LOL!

You...LIED TO MOTHER AND FATHER?!
http://tm.ask.com/r?t=c&s=p&sv=0a30052c&uid=03409B1277D14E134&sid=318ef326d18ef326d&o=0&id=30751&p=%2Ffr&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecatgallery.com%2Fimages%2Fshocked-cat-2.JPG

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/22/05 at 12:32 am

nope....I didn't lie...we were originally supposed to meet some of my friends there...but when we went there...we couldn't find them in the crowd....they claimed they were there...but we never saw them.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/05 at 7:32 am

January 5th,1997 I had gone out on a date with this girl named Annalee who had Down Syndrome and was Italian.Our first outing was going to Ben's Deli for dinner and years later I would take her out to nice fancy restaurants but I could only take her to inexpensive ones at the time.Both of us liked wrestling and both of us were buffs.We also enjoyed going bowling together or with a group.Friday Nights both of us had attended a Young Adult Program from 7pm-11pm.On Sundays after my bowling league I would head over to her house to watch Wrestling PPVs and I had got to record them and on occassions,We got intimate with each other.I didn't get as far as I wanted to but it's ok.She broke up with me on October 19th,2001 and I think to this day she still lives in a group home.And that's my story. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/22/05 at 8:37 am

Well, first we'd go tobagganing in the Saharas and drink milkshakes all the way down the hill. Next we would go to the pet shop and stare at all the fish. Maybe even tap on the glass a little. Then I'd go to a sock puppet show held by my kindergarten friends and interact with it too, you know, maybe I'll be a sock monkey! Then I'd take my date to see The Barney Movie: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE!

Or, in all reality, I would probably go to dinner and take a walk ... a long walk, ok?! well... hmm... I guess that would be about it.
Although the first one doesn't seem too bad either.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/22/05 at 8:40 am

It was with a girl named Catherine. We went to the Metro Centre with some of our other friends, then thankfully our friends went away somewhere so we went to the pictures to see something (can't remember what it was exactly), then we went and got something to eat and we went back home to my house, and... well, i'll leave the rest for your imaginations  ::)

Please note: We were 13 at the time, so there wasn't anything really naughty  ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/22/05 at 8:46 am

It was with a girl named Catherine. We went to the Metro Centre with some of our other friends, then thankfully our friends went away somewhere so we went to the pictures to see something (can't remember what it was exactly), then we went and got something to eat and we went back home to my house, and... well, i'll leave the rest for your imaginations  ::)

Please note: We were 13 at the time, so there wasn't anything really naughty  ;)

waiiit.... I'm 14 and I haven't had a date yet!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/22/05 at 9:07 am

waiiit.... I'm 14 and I haven't had a date yet!

Me and Catherine lasted about 8 months... then she dumped me for someone else  :\'(
Then I went out with Kate for a couple of months about 5 months after the break-up with Catherine
The I was free and single for a whole year, until I went out with Sarah, which didn't last too long (a few weeks), and then finally I went out with Sarah's friend Emma, but that's didn't last long and i've been single since (that was a year and a half ago-ish). I did ask a girl called Jenny out a while back, but she was already taken and I haven't seen her since before the summer. I'm still looking though...

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/22/05 at 9:23 am

Me and Catherine lasted about 8 months... then she dumped me for someone else  :\'(
Then I went out with Kate for a couple of months about 5 months after the break-up with Catherine
The I was free and single for a whole year, until I went out with Sarah, which didn't last too long (a few weeks), and then finally I went out with Sarah's friend Emma, but that's didn't last long and i've been single since (that was a year and a half ago-ish). I did ask a girl called Jenny out a while back, but she was already taken and I haven't seen her since before the summer. I'm still looking though...

flirt with your customers?

Written By: Tia on 10/22/05 at 9:52 am

on my first date date we hung around outside the four corners 7-eleven all late at night until a cop came around and made us move on before he busted us for loitering, and then we went to a playground and necked in the dark in one of those little tube things kids climb through. it sounds real sordid and gross and was in fact one of the best nights of my life.

Written By: Apricot on 10/22/05 at 10:42 am

Waaait a second--8th grade?! Why wasn't I allowed to date until the age 16?!  :o

My mom was hoping to hold off until 12th Grade or Longer... exactly why I asked the girl before I checked with them.

My first.. shoot, it was just last week, really. Homecoming dance. Awesome time. Not too lengthy (7:30-10), and I remember being quite thirsty the entire time (our school doesn't provide any refreshments, or sell them, at the dances).. but that didn't matter. It was amazing.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/22/05 at 11:29 am

My first date was when I was in grade 10. A boy that I liked asked me out and we went to McDonald's and then a movie. I remember being all nervous when he held my hand.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips when he brought me home, but for some reason we never went out again.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/05 at 11:54 am

I was either 12 or 13. His name was Michael and he lived across the street from me and we were in the same class together at school. He took me to see "The Omen" (yeah, I know, a good movie to see on a first date  ::) ). My sister and his brother were our "chaperones". Nothing happened. I don't think he even held my hand or put his arm around me (maybe he did but I just don't remember it). But he did buy my ticket so that made it a "date." And that was our only date.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 10/22/05 at 10:12 pm

It was a Sadie Hawkins dance in high school.  I had a huge crush on the guy, but he was totally clueless.  Fun night, though.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/22/05 at 11:34 pm

I was 13.
I was utterly hopeless.

We went to see a film and i did my best to be nice.. being a 13 year old boy.. To see it now would be funny. I kept trying to come up with stimulation conversation and it would usually descend to something like...

'So pete called Carlton a twat and Carlton punched him, and pete punched carlton in the nose and he was bleeding and it was really funny and then i hit him and then nick did and then we all helped him up and then we got some cokes and then we laughed and then stefan told the teacher and then we got told off and then we went home...'

I don't think she was very impressed.

In fact.. we never really talked again. It was a shame, she was absoloutley lovely. She moved to Canada a few months later and my grades in French went right after her  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/23/05 at 12:58 am

My first official date was with a boy I met in my English class in college. He and I ate and then went to the movies - I think we saw the movie "Anger Management" which was good. I think he liked me, but unfortunately, my feelings weren't completely there.

Written By: Apricot on 10/23/05 at 10:38 am

I was 13.
I was utterly hopeless.

We went to see a film and i did my best to be nice.. being a 13 year old boy.. To see it now would be funny. I kept trying to come up with stimulation conversation and it would usually descend to something like...

'So pete called Carlton a twat and Carlton punched him, and pete punched carlton in the nose and he was bleeding and it was really funny and then i hit him and then nick did and then we all helped him up and then we got some cokes and then we laughed and then stefan told the teacher and then we got told off and then we went home...'

I don't think she was very impressed.

I know I'D be impressed if you used the name "Carlton".

Written By: Paul on 10/23/05 at 10:46 am

My first date was when I was in grade 10. A boy that I liked asked me out and we went to McDonald's and then a movie. I remember being all nervous when he held my hand.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips when he brought me home, but for some reason we never went out again.

Awww...cute!

As far as I remember, mine was near-enough the same (except substitute 'Wimpy Bar' for 'McDonalds'...what was the attraction with burger joints?!!)

(Oh, and of course, substitute 'she' for 'he'...!! Ahem!)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/23/05 at 11:55 am

I know I'D be impressed if you used the name "Carlton".

Carlton was the weirdest bloke you would ever meet.
Everyone is impressed when they meet him, they wonder how he's survived this long.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/23/05 at 2:24 pm

Not counting the so called girlfriends in my early teens,my
first real take a girl out somewhere date was feb. 5,1980
it was a blind date from hell.A double date set up by my
best friend.My date,Patty walked about 25 feet ahead of us,
she wouldn't talk to me and her sister had to coax her to kiss
me goodnight.I thought that was the end of it,silly me.
  I married Patty on Oct.3,1981,a few weeks ago we
celebrated our 24th anniversary.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/05 at 4:22 pm

After everone's first date are you still continuing to see that person as of this day? ???

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/05 at 4:25 pm

My first date was disastrous.  I met her online and we met at the local mall.  BAsically, I walked around with her while she went shopping from store to store.  B-ORING  :(

Written By: Apricot on 10/23/05 at 6:23 pm

After everone's first date are you still continuing to see that person as of this day? ???

Yep.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/23/05 at 6:28 pm

I was 12, and we were suppose to meet at the movies. WE did, but he only sat with me for 15 mins and then left  >:(. I really don't want to count that as my first date ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/23/05 at 6:29 pm

flirt with your customers?

They're all dogs!  ;D

Oh! Oh! Apart from this girl who came in the other day... she was about 13/14, 5'0", and had the biggest (breasts) I had ever seen. It was so distracting! I was trying not to look.. but they were just.... there! Man, they were huge! Enormous! Flippin' GIGANTIC!!! I wouldn't have minded her as my g/f (maybe if she had been a few years older and hadn't had her dad with her at the time!)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 7:33 pm

I remember te date after my first date, it didn't go too well..  ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/23/05 at 9:32 pm

No, and I'm very thankful for that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/23/05 at 10:17 pm

Not counting the so called girlfriends in my early teens,my
first real take a girl out somewhere date was feb. 5,1980
it was a blind date from hell.A double date set up by my
best friend.My date,Patty walked about 25 feet ahead of us,
she wouldn't talk to me and her sister had to coax her to kiss
me goodnight.I thought that was the end of it,silly me.
   I married Patty on Oct.3,1981,a few weeks ago we
celebrated our 24th anniversary.

aww..that's a cute story! ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/23/05 at 10:44 pm

Nope.

In fact.. I haven't spoken to anybody i've gone out with for a long while. At all.

I saw Laura before i left home.. only accidentally. I didn't mention i was leaving  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 10/24/05 at 5:00 pm

aww..that's a cute story! ;)

Thank You, Erin

Written By: Howard on 10/24/05 at 5:57 pm

The person I used to date broke up with me.It's been 3 1/2 years now and she lives in a group home.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/24/05 at 6:00 pm

I've never seen Catherine since we broke up, but I know she's recently been out with a mate of a mate called Steven... glad we broke up... she was far too clingy (always bloody calling my mobile, hanging on to my frigging arm EVERYWHERE!!!). I guess I just got sick

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/24/05 at 6:13 pm

I went Ice Skating with a girl named Lauren on 7 July 1979.  Why can I remember that ?  Dunno, good head for dates, nothing more.

The skating was fun, and she was good company.  I was not game to try to do anything more than ice skate, something I still regret to this day.  ::)

Written By: jaytee on 10/24/05 at 6:40 pm

In about 1974 (I was 15) I went to the movies with John.  I think the movie was one of the "Trinity" movies with Bud Spence and Terence Hill.  Didn't see much of the movie ;)

Written By: Apricot on 10/24/05 at 7:34 pm

Didn't see much of the movie ;)

But jaytee, why would you have missed the movie? Whatever could have distracted you so?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/24/05 at 7:56 pm

But jaytee, why would you have missed the movie? Whatever could have distracted you so?

She must have dropped her popcorn on the floor  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/24/05 at 10:39 pm

I sat down at the picnic table outside that I usually sit at during my lunch hour. It was pretty cold outside today. Well anyway this girl named Holly who has talked to me a few times was sitting there and commented about how cold it was so, so I told her I was going over to the coffee shop on campus and asked if she wanted to come along, so she said ok. We went there and got out coffee and sat there for about ten minutes, talked some about our classes, and then she went on to her next class.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/24/05 at 11:24 pm

I sat down at the picnic table outside that I usually sit at during my lunch hour. It was pretty cold outside today. Well anyway this girl named Holly who has talked to me a few times was sitting there and commented about how cold it was so, so I told her I was going over to the coffee shop on campus and asked if she wanted to come along, so she said ok. We went there and got out coffee and sat there for about ten minutes, talked some about our classes, and then she went on to her next class.

is that a date? WELCOME BACK! unless you've been here but I haven't noticed...

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/24/05 at 11:25 pm

is that a date?

I think so,Dominic.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 12:00 am

My first date was at a football game too. I was so nervous...I never even had held hands with a boy before...I was 16. I had lots of "boyfriends", but none of them ever touched me.  I must have scared them..ha. It was all about playing Pac-Man together at the arcade, and writing each other notes...and them carving your name in a tree somewhere.

But...me and my high school boyfriend, Greg, walked around all night...and I remember all his goonie friends would pass us, and try and punch him right in the *bleep*...I am not sure what that was all about...some weird guy ritual....but after the game...he and 2 of my friends walked down town to Fox's Pizza and got a pizza, and then my Aunt drove him home...and he kissed me good night...we both were chewing Big red chewing gum!

I spent the night at my cousin's house...and we stayed up all night watching Friday Night videos, and talking about "my first kiss".

I ended up dating him my whole junior year in high school...our second date we went to a Haunted House for Halloween...we started dating in September.  We doubled dated everywhere with my cousin who went out with his brother.

Our 3rd date...we all went and hung out at the mall....and got pizza, and then we went to the movies and saw "Terror in the Aisles". It was totally perfect, we made out in the back seat the whole way home...infact we got the better deal, cause his brother always drove..so we always made out in the backseat of either their Volvo or their Pacer (which I have never seen a Pacer on the roads to this day). 

Written By: jaytee on 10/25/05 at 8:34 am

She must have dropped her popcorn on the floor  ;)

;D ;D  I went home with "pash rash" and hoped like crazy nobody would notice.  ;D ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/25/05 at 1:29 pm

Embarrassing.
I was about 15 and went out with Pete Smith who was in my class. As we stood in a shop doorway making smalltalk he went to hug me, I was so shy I couldn't kiss him and shoved my cheek on his lips when he made that move. Got the bus home and we didn't meet again except in class  :-[ :-[

Written By: Howard on 10/25/05 at 5:17 pm

;D ;D  I went home with "pash rash" and hoped like crazy nobody would notice.  ;D ;D

You had a rash on your pash? :o

Written By: loki 13 on 10/25/05 at 5:55 pm

awwww.....how sweet :)  Happy belated anniversary :)

thank you

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/28/05 at 11:00 pm

I'd like to add, I found out she has a kid. So I won't be going out with her needless to say. But we can be friends.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/05 at 7:46 am

I'd like to add, I found out she has a kid. So I won't be going out with her needless to say. But we can be friends.

So why can't you still date her?

Written By: Bobby on 10/29/05 at 1:48 pm

I have only been on one "date" and that was a kind of blind one with a friend's friend. We went to see 'Hannibal' at the cinema but I didn't really fancy her though she was nice.

I met my ex as a chance meeting on the dancefloor.

Check for new replies or respond here...