inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have You Ever Been On TV?

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/23/05 at 3:17 pm

Has anybody been on TV before?

Did you just poke your head in behind a news reporter or were you actually interviewed?

I have actually been on TV quite a few times.

I took part in an interview for a Mexican television company in London. They were interviewing people and asking what they thought about tourists etc. Some of the questions were actually though provoking. A couple of weeks later they sent me a really nice letter and a Baseball cap with the Channel Logo on it. I never did get to see myself though.

I have been on the Midlands sports report 4 TIMES!  ;D Once i was in the crowd going crazy after a goal had been scored. The second time i stuck my head up behind a bloke who was being interviewed and grinned like an idiot. Gorm was there as well. The third time i can only be seen walking past but my remark was heard 'Dennis Wise, What A Wanker!' the final time i was actually interviewd breifly. Probably because it was about 10 degrees below freezing and i went to the match in just my Leicester shirt. So they talked to me. Just basic questions. 'Was it a good game?' Yer we won. 'What do you think of Mickey Adams?' (the manager at the time) Great bloke, doing a bang up job. 'Thank's for your time.' No worrys pal.

I have been on East Midlands news twice. Once when i was actually interviewed talking about the European Union. I was one of three people in the whole day that could actually name my member of the european parliament.  ;D Another time me and Nick stuck our heads in.

The only other time i was on TV got me in trouble. My elementary school was selected to be filmed for some childrens morning weekend show. Anyway all the trouble kids 'Me, Rob, Simon, Pete et  ;D' Were told that we weren't allowed to be in it. We pretended we didn't care but really we did. Anyway try as we might we couldn't get involved in anything. However, if you watched the show, not only when they talked to my cousin alex could you hear, Alex you willy. But you could also see three of us run across the playground with your middle fingers up. Something we got an absoloute bollocking for  ;D

Subject: Re: Have You Ever Been On TV?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/23/05 at 3:32 pm

Yeah, they needed extras for this show on the Christian channel, called "His Place", so my sister (Brandy) and I volunteered. We sat in a cafe and ate food  ;D. My mom and dad actually played a part on that show.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/05 at 3:34 pm

I have been twice on TV, once intentional and the other by accident, I will explain more later.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/23/05 at 3:34 pm

Yeah, they needed extras for this show on the Christian channel, called "His Place", so my sister (Brandy) and I volunteered. We sat in a cafe and ate food  ;D. My mom and dad actually played a part on that show.

Ah yes, the twins.

;D

What did they do? I think i should be on the Christian Channel. I would make quite the preist.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/23/05 at 3:35 pm

Ah yes, the twins.

;D

What did they do? I think i should be on the Christian Channel. I would make quite the preist.

They played the part of the parents whose daughter died in a car accident.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/23/05 at 3:37 pm

Nope, never!  ???

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/23/05 at 3:38 pm

They played the part of the parents whose daughter died in a car accident.

How cheerful.

Written By: thenewwavechick on 10/23/05 at 3:49 pm

I've been on TV a couple times.  Once was an audience member of Open Mike: With Mike bullard (Canadian version of The Tonight Show hosted by Canadian "comic"  ::) Mike Bullard) and once a cameraman from a local station stopped me and asked me a question about Jesse Jackson helping out realeasing hostages somewhere (can't remember). 
The Mike Bullard experience was great, because I was in the front row and once in a while when they panned the audience you saw me.  :P  It was a good show because Eddie Izzard and the Northern Pikes were the guests, and The Northern Pikes had to perform twice because they had a technical problem.  I got to meet Mike Bullard and he's actually a cool guy, he tells really BAD jokes, but he's a really nice guy.  And that's the night Eddie Izzard walked passed me and I didn't notice it until AFTER the fact.  >:( ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/23/05 at 4:10 pm

Nope,I've never been on TV before.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/23/05 at 4:13 pm

When I lived in Central London I used to ask for free tickets to shows that were being recorded - it was interesting seeing just how many 'takes' they had to do just to get things right. Also the phony clapping and cheering when people came on stage was rather naff!!

I Sometimes sat in on Radio shows too. Er my face did appear a couple of times on telly, but I much prefer being behind a camera.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/05 at 6:11 pm

I could make a joke and say that I climb up there all the time since I have a big console and can sit on it (not saying that I do).  :D

But, truthfully, I have a couple of times on the local access channel. They showed the film that I wrote/directed/edited.  It was about the place I used to volunteer for. And yeah, I was in it because my husband was my cameraman so naturally he filmed me and there was no way that I could edited it out (but I did try). One of my best friends did the narration for me.  ;D Then I was on a United Way "talk show" and we were talking about the Post Office food drive. I still have copies of both of these shows.

A long time ago I was in the background of a news story. They were filming at a sports bar that my ex-husband and I used to go to watch football and this was during the playoffs.  Still have that story on tape somewhere.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/23/05 at 6:14 pm

No, I've never been on TV before...but I know someone who has.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/23/05 at 6:21 pm

Not that I can think of.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 10/23/05 at 6:22 pm

I NEARLY NEARLY NEARLY did!!!!!

During a half term holiday a few years back, me and my friends were sitting outside Sunderland's Academy Of Light training grounds because one of my mates knew one of the players really well (his sister was engaged to him or something). Anyway, after we'd been sitting there for an hour and a bit, me, my cousin and one of my cousin's friends said we'd start heading back because it was getting late and we were hungry, whilst the other two were staying to wait for the footie player.
Me, my cousin and Gav (his friend) got back to the town centre and I got the bus home while my cousin and Gav went back to his. Next day I was down my other nanas and they were watching TV whilst I was sitting reading a magazine or something. Anyway, the news came on and near the end of the programme, the news crew were showing interviews with Sunderland fans about the season so far etc etc etc. And this kid's voice came on and I was sitting there thinking to myself "I know that voice...", went over to the telly and there were the other 2 friends we'd left... being interviewed! It turned out the news crew had arrived to do some shots and interview anyone who was there about 20 minutes after me Gav and Dom had left! I was absolutely gutted! Of course, my nana didn't believe me when I told her how close I came to being on TV! But I was mortified!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 10/23/05 at 6:29 pm

Uh... I think so.. once.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/23/05 at 6:43 pm

When I was 5 I was on a kiddie show.  My babysitter was also a Cub Scout den leader.  She was taking them on a show and I went along because I was at her house, too.  The show was Lighthouse 22 or something like that.  It was a local show in Dayton Ohio.  It was 29 years ago so I could be mixing up the name.  I played a game against one of the boys, dressing up in adult clothes and running a ball to the other end of the room.  I won a three foot tall tube full of tootsie rolls.  Take that, cub scout. ;D

Written By: gemini on 10/23/05 at 7:11 pm

When I was about 5 or 6  I was in Brownie Girl Scouts and our troop got to go the the Ken and Don show, which was a kids TV show. I sat in the front row with a dress on, and . . . . .well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest.  :-[  Geez, I was just a little kid!  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 7:20 pm

Nope....

Written By: rich1981 on 10/23/05 at 8:35 pm

Not once...

Written By: karen on 10/24/05 at 4:50 am

Last year part of the BBC science programme Horizon was filmed in the labs where I work.  I was filmed assisting in the experiment.  Although I was filmed for about an hour I'm actually only on screen for about 10 seconds.

Written By: gemini on 10/24/05 at 4:55 am

When I was 5 I was on a kiddie show.  My babysitter was also a Cub Scout den leader.  She was taking them on a show and I went along because I was at her house, too.  The show was Lighthouse 22 or something like that.  It was a local show in Dayton Ohio.  It was 29 years ago so I could be mixing up the name.  I played a game against one of the boys, dressing up in adult clothes and running a ball to the other end of the room.  I won a three foot tall tube full of tootsie rolls.  Take that, cub scout. ;D

It was called Clubhouse 22. I still live in the Dayton area and I remember the show. It had a character called Duffy the Dog. That was a spin off of the show I was on. I remember many days after school sitting in front of the TV watching Clubhouse 22.  :)

Written By: Paul on 10/24/05 at 7:32 am

Yes...'Crimewatch'...!!

I have fleetingly appeared behind a news reporter on the outside of the High Court in London some years ago...

If there's a big appeal going on there, the entrance is completely chock full of reporters and cameramen (they're not allowed to do it inside, y'see...)

And they'll never get out of your way! Even after a brief 'Excuse me...'

...so I find a swift kick to the ankle normally shifts 'em!

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/24/05 at 8:14 am

Cool stories so far. :)

I've been on a few times - can't recall offhand how much. The only one I personally have on tape is actually from when I was about 2 and a half years old. The news crew came out to our house at the time to do a brief interview with my dad (circa 1984) about a couple businesses he owned about ten years earlier.

We still have the tape of it, and it shows a few shots of our house, with me and my parents walking around outside for a moment. Thing is, I don't remember it at all when it happened.

As far as being on more voluntarily, lol -- I have about 5 or 6 times been walking down the street and a news crew will ask me a typical question about something going on. Despite the fact that I'm not usually good at coming up with things to say "on the spot", I'm usually so focused since it may be televised, that I manage pretty good (I am a performer, so I guess that's natural, hehe).

However, I don't exactly keep vigils by the TV to see myself! I HATE hearing myself on tape, plus I tend to criticize my appearence if it's not perfect - if I know hundreds of people may have seen me, I'd want my hair combed just perfect and all that, LOL.

I also was on the public access station a couple times, when, as an assignment in my 3-part TV acting class a couple years back, we each did 60-second PSA-type editorial/commentaries about something of our choice that was in the news. I did it two semesters in a row - one was about elderly drivers on the road, the other was about my thoughts on music downloading off the Internet, etc.

That was fun, but also a little nerve-wracking just before I was on. ;)

Written By: nally on 10/24/05 at 10:13 am

Like I said earlier, I haven't, but know someone who has. Eight years ago, two teachers from my high school appeared on "Wheel Of Fortune" during "Best Friends Week," which aired during Thanksgiving week. (I was a senior at the time.) I actually knew one of these two teachers, because she was actually a counselor in the counseling office; the other one taught physical education...and I do know that both of them have worked in the P.E. department, with the cheerleading squad and the drill team.
Anyway, these two teachers from my high school appeared on "Wheel Of Fortune"; the episode they were in aired on Thanksgiving Day (November 27, 1997). They won the game and went on to play the bonus round...solved the puzzle and won the bonus prize (I believe it was two boats), for a grand total of $42,000+ cash and prizes. They came back at the end of the week, since they were among the top winners, but got very low dollar amounts on the wheel and only won $10,200 cash and prizes, for a two-night total of $52,000+. That's pretty impressive.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/24/05 at 12:41 pm

Last year part of the BBC science programme Horizon was filmed in the labs where I work.  I was filmed assisting in the experiment.  Although I was filmed for about an hour I'm actually only on screen for about 10 seconds.

Ah yes i remember that. Wasn't that when i learnt that i am shaped like a Caveman  ;D

The hairy bloke looked a lot like me.

Written By: karen on 10/25/05 at 4:32 am

Ah yes i remember that. Wasn't that when i learnt that i am shaped like a Caveman  ;D

The hairy bloke looked a lot like me.

That's the one.  It was about Neanderthals actually.  Not sure if they are exactly the same as cavemen

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/25/05 at 5:18 am

Have You Ever Been On TV?

Not that I am aware of.  My brother has been though, back in the 70's, getting arrested at a demonstration  ::) ;D ;D ;D  Idiot  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/05 at 9:09 pm

It was called Clubhouse 22. I still live in the Dayton area and I remember the show. It had a character called Duffy the Dog. That was a spin off of the show I was on. I remember many days after school sitting in front of the TV watching Clubhouse 22.  :)

Thank for correcting me on that.  It was almost 30 years ago so my memory was a little shot.  My main memory is beating the cub scout. ;D

One other time I forgot about.  The local news filmed my American Government class watching the Space Shuttle take off.  It was the first time back in space after the Challenger disaster.  My mom was mortified.  She hated my denim jacket and the cameraman set up right behind me with my jacket on view for the state to see. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/26/05 at 9:13 pm

Nopee... But my fart has  :D

really.

My dad was filming this thing for the Police Department (where he worked).. and I farted in the background  ;D

my dad was also interviewed a few times

Written By: Lady Beard on 10/26/05 at 9:15 pm

really.

My dad was filming this thing for the Police Department (where he worked).. and I farted in the background  ;D

Could I get the autograph of your flatulence, then...?!

No, I don't recall ever being on television.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/05 at 9:17 pm

;D

Written By: Lady Beard on 10/26/05 at 9:18 pm

No, I don't recall ever being on television.

On second thought, I was filmed while fishing. There was a special event going on at the park. It was a barbeque thing. I was just in the background. It was kind of neat.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/26/05 at 10:02 pm

I was on TV when I was in high school. I was apart of this traveling ensemble choir and we had the privilege of singing the half-time Christmas show for a Pitt football game...it was really cool!

Erin :)

Written By: YWN on 10/26/05 at 10:08 pm

When I was ten years old, I was in my elementary school's chess club.  I went to a tournament, lost every single game, and a girl told me she saw me on the local news, with a bored looking expression, staring at the chess board.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/05 at 10:12 pm

I was almost on TV.  The two local sportscasters here were out on the streets of downtown asking people what their opinions were when the NHL announced it's return. 

I don't know much about the NHL, so I said "Well, if Don Cherry stops dressing funny and talking loud, I might start watching the NHL"  ;D

Don Cherry was born here, so I can see why they didn't use what I said on TV  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 8:03 am

Yes...'Crimewatch'...!!

;D

It's like what Peter Kay says; "I just watch Crimewatch these days, it's cheaper than Friends Reunited".  ;D

I have been on telly twice. The first time I was 10 years old for a BBC2 programme called 'Step up to word power' (Chris 'That's Life' Searle hosted it - Wow! Bright lights!  ;D). It was basically showing how my mum could handle four kids and further education. From then on I knew television was fake.  ;D

The second time was local news about 5 years ago. It showed me at my old job putting files back after we were forced to move out of the premises we worked in, but were allowed back in again the same day after the asbestos scare was cleared.

Written By: Southern Image on 10/27/05 at 12:37 pm

Yep. On a sports channel and NBC. It was a BIG horse race, and we were all on tv.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/05 at 2:55 pm

really.

Are you kidding me?

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/28/05 at 9:56 pm

Are you kidding me?

no!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/29/05 at 7:48 am

no!  ;D

You weren't on TV but your fart was. ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/05 at 3:52 pm

I was on Junior Auction.  You had to bring wrappers from Euphrates Pizza, they were worth points,
and you could bid for stuff, but I didn't have enough so I didn't get anything.  Another time I was at
a counter demonstration at the local courthouse where a neo nazi was being arraigned.  There were(are)
quite a few people in my city still brandishing tatoos from the holocaust and I went to lend my support.

Written By: alyceclover on 10/29/05 at 4:32 pm

to the best of my knowledge, no, but have had photo in newspapers a few times: made the quotes section in a daily newspaper, much to my chargin: was in a movie with Adam Sandler: several family members were on tv; a nephew skated (inline) to a stop and said "Good Morning, America" for the show; niece on local news when President Regean was at her college graduation, brother's wife was the one millioneth vistor to the aquarium in, um, Trenton New Jersey & was on the news; same brother & wife were on a talk show, don't remember which one, rather long ago.....

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/05 at 7:24 am

I once deliberately walked behind an interview being recorded at Trafalgar Square, and did see myself on the London Tonight local news later that day.

Written By: nally on 02/20/07 at 11:03 am

Bumping this thread back up... my uncle was on TV last night. See, the hardware store he works at is closing next weekend, so the local TV news was at his store yesterday, and he said a few words. Again, I wasn't on tv, but a family member was, so I thought I'd share that.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/20/07 at 11:13 am

I was twice.  A few years ago there was a camera crew at our Church talking about the scandals with priests molesting kids, and I was interviewd. When I was a kid I was on the show Wonderama. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/20/07 at 12:05 pm

I was in a commercial for a newspaper I used to work for in Carson City.  It was fun - they brought in a crew, and there was a director and the whole nine yards.  I wish I still had a tape of it, but it was lost in one of my moves.  :(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 12:36 pm

I was on the local community access channel around this time of year in 1990. I remember going in front of my 2nd grade school chums and telling them I'd be on there. It was for our roller skating Spring Show and we were performing our Gone with the Wind themed routine that we skated down in Bakersfield a month prior. We got 5th place, but there was some stiff competition we were up against, so I am surprised we got that far!

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/20/07 at 12:38 pm

I was on the local community access channel around this time of year in 1990. I remember going in front of my 2nd grade school chums and telling them I'd be on there. It was for our roller skating Spring Show and we were performing our Gone with the Wind themed routine that we skated down in Bakersfield a month prior. We got 5th place, but there was some stiff competition we were up against, so I am surprised we got that far!

I would love to have seen that!

Gone with the Wind routine!!  Sounds cute! ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 12:41 pm

I was never on TV before but I'd sure like to be,perhaps Deal or No Deal.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 12:43 pm

I would love to have seen that!

Gone with the Wind routine!!  Sounds cute! ;D

lol, it was really cute! We had a great group of kids that were really good skaters. Two from the group (brother and sister) are now ice skaters and are trying to get into the Olympics!

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 12:45 pm

I was twice.  A few years ago there was a camera crew at our Church talking about the scandals with priests molesting kids, and I was interviewd. When I was a kid I was on the show Wonderama. 

What year were you on Wonderama? ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 12:47 pm

Nope.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 12:50 pm

I would like to be on American Idol but I would embarass the crap out of myself because I can't carry a tune. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 12:56 pm

Oh, I just remembered another time, although I am not sure if I ever got on there or not. My brother and I went to a basketball game about 10 years ago and after the game, we got real close to Tim Hardaway being interviewed by our local newscasters and we got behind them I believe, so I am sure we got on tv, but I'll never know for sure.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/20/07 at 12:57 pm

I would like to be on American Idol but I would embarass the crap out of myself because I can't carry a tune. ;D

You are too old for American Idol

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/07 at 1:08 pm

I guess I'm gonna sound really young asking this, but what exactly is Wonderama?

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 1:36 pm

You are too old for American Idol

So that means they won't accept me?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/20/07 at 1:36 pm

So that means they won't accept me?

Yes, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/07 at 1:39 pm

Yes, Howard.

I look young but when I tell my age they'll say "I'm sorry".

Written By: whistledog on 02/20/07 at 2:55 pm

I look young but when I tell my age they'll say "I'm sorry".

They'll probably say that before you reveal your age ;D
Simon Cowell says: I'm sorry Howard, but you sing like a monkey :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/20/07 at 5:12 pm

When I was 16 I got to be in the big crowd that shouts "GOOD MORNING AMERICA!!" live from Aspen.
on that same trip to Aspen, I was caught on the 10 oclock news singing and crying while rapelling  my way down a mountaincliff. It was the only way I could deal with my fear.

I can be seen clapping on Two episodes of Ricki lake

Channel 4(NBC) did a behind the scenes feature on my theater troupe...New York got to see me change out of my dress on Live TV.
When I saw the rebroadcast I was soooo mad.

yeah, those are my moments of glory. ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/20/07 at 6:23 pm

I guess I'm gonna sound really young asking this, but what exactly is Wonderama?

Are you insinuating I'm old?  ;)  :D

It was a kid's show staring Bob McAllister.  I don't remember much about the show but I remember what I wore that day.  ;D

http://www.tvparty.com/lostwonder.html

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/20/07 at 7:20 pm

;D

Speaking of American Idol, Simon's insults are part of the fun. If I were a contestant, I'd expect it beforehand and probably joke/laugh along with him (even if I thought he was an *ss). ;)

I'm not positive, but I don't believe there's an age limit for appearing on the show. Taylor Hicks is around 29 or 30, and he looks way older even (to me, at least) with his greying hair. Although since this a very youth-oriented decade in terms of what's in the mainstream music scene, they're probably more likely to take you if you're younger. Like 15-23 probably is the core age, maybe into the mid 20s.

P.S. Ironically, I'd do better at performing a "fast talking" song (ala "Semi-Charned Life") from the late 90s or 2000s than I would at doing one of my '80s faves.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/20/07 at 7:24 pm

I never have been on T.V.

At least not to my knowledge....

Written By: Howard on 02/21/07 at 4:45 pm

knowing him That's probably what he'd say. ;D

Written By: nally on 02/19/08 at 4:13 pm

Still, to this date, I have not been on TV.

However, a couple friends of mine were on TV last month. The local news was reporting on a rock-slide that affected some commuter trains, including the one that these two friends of mine (and I) were on. That night, when I watched the news at home, the two friends were on camera; one of them was commenting on the rock slide situation; they were on camera for about 8 seconds altogether.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 4:15 pm

Still, to this date, I have not been on TV.

However, a couple friends of mine were on TV last month. The local news was reporting on a rock-slide that affected some commuter trains, including the one that these two friends of mine (and I) were on. That night, when I watched the news at home, the two friends were on camera; one of them was commenting on the rock slide situation; they were on camera for about 8 seconds altogether.
You must have been unknowing on CCTV.

Written By: nally on 02/19/08 at 4:18 pm

You must have been unknowing on CCTV.

CCTV? Did they report on the January 25th rockslide incident in California too?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 4:20 pm

CCTV? Did they report on the January 25th rockslide incident in California too?
I do not know.

Written By: nally on 02/19/08 at 4:24 pm

I do not know.

They might report on serious events from the U.S.; they probably reported on the deadly train crash from 3 years ago. Fortunately for me, I was not on the train that got damaged then.

Also, no one got killed in the rockslide from this year. Only a mechanical portion of one of the train cars was damaged.

Written By: Bobby on 02/19/08 at 4:49 pm

I was on the television once but I broke it . . .  ;D

Truthfullly, I was on television twice. Once in an old programme about my mother's studying habits and how she coped with kids when I was about 10 years old and another time was the local news when I was 21, the company I worked for was told to move out of their building due to asbestos but it turned out to be nothing so the company moved back in on the same day.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/19/08 at 4:55 pm

I been on several times.  I was on the local news election night.  I worked at Democratic Headquarters and U.S. Senator Rick Santorum just lost to Bob Casey.  I was in a small crowd for the Christmas tree lighting up in the State Capitol.  I was also filmed during an antiwar protest in Lancaster.

Written By: Bobby on 02/19/08 at 4:57 pm

I been on several times.  I was on the local news election night.  I worked at Democratic Headquarters and U.S. Senator Rick Santorum just lost to Bob Casey.  I was in a small crowd for the Christmas tree lighting up in the State Capitol.  I was also filmed during an antiwar protest in Lancaster.

That sounds interesting. So you worked in politics directly or administration? You'll have to excuse my political ignorance . . . I don't know much about the politics where I live, lol.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/19/08 at 5:06 pm

That sounds interesting. So you worked in politics directly or administration? You'll have to excuse my political ignorance . . . I don't know much about the politics where I live, lol.

I've worked on quite a few campaigns.  I'm currently working for a non-profit that is promoting a Universal Health Care bill in the state House and Senate.  I guess you could say directly.

Written By: Bobby on 02/19/08 at 5:24 pm

I've worked on quite a few campaigns.  I'm currently working for a non-profit that is promoting a Universal Health Care bill in the state House and Senate.  I guess you could say directly.

Nice one. What is the health insurance situation in the US? I was told that there is nothing government funded like the NHS (National Health Service) in the US but health insurance is pretty much given automatically by almost every employer. So if that is the case, what happens to the injured unemployed? 

Written By: Howard on 02/19/08 at 5:54 pm

My father was on Bowling For Dollars on December 24th,1976.(The Christmas episode).

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/19/08 at 8:21 pm

I've been on about...three or four times, but I'm STILL not a celebrity! lol...Couple of times for school things, and a couple of times with my family (on national tv too). I've been on the front page of the newspaper too...lol

Written By: KKay on 02/19/08 at 8:26 pm

wow...this is old...Alchoholica the name of someone near and dear to us!

i was on tv once, singing and playing guitar at a bar in florida. just a promo for the place. i was in the audience of the Graham Norton show and they showed my friend and I at every commercial break! 

otherwise..no. no tv.

Written By: statsqueen on 02/19/08 at 8:30 pm

If I have, it escapes me.  :)

Micah was on CSPAN2 being interviewed while she was in DC.  It was on the topic of YouTube and the debates and whether candidates should do more on YouTube, etc.  It was pretty cool to see her (especially since she didn't say a lot of "um"s and "you know"s).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/19/08 at 11:24 pm

Yes..in high school, my singing/traveling ensemble performed the half-time show at the Pitt game..and it was televised.

Written By: adagio on 02/20/08 at 10:13 am

In a way.....my pregnant belly was! ;D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/20/08 at 10:20 am

Once when I was in fourth grade (I think). We had done a play on the civil rights movement (parts of it, anyways), and I played Rosa Parks. I thought it was an honor.

And apparently, Rice Cube and I are in the WIC California commercials, even though they were only supposed to use that video for classroom use. ::)

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 10:46 am

Just your pregnant stomach? Lol. How did that happen? :)

Written By: adagio on 02/22/08 at 10:50 pm

Just your pregnant stomach? Lol. How did that happen? :)

Carrying a picet sign up a snowy hill with a group.  They must have thought my stomach was newsworthy.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/23/08 at 6:46 am

How many weeks were you in labor? ???

Written By: adagio on 02/23/08 at 9:33 am

How many weeks were you in labor? ???

Weeks in labor?  :( You want to kill me? j/k  I think I was 7 or 8 monts along. :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/08 at 2:10 pm

Weeks in labor?  :( You want to kill me? j/k  I think I was 7 or 8 monts along. :)

Ha ha, that would have been one quick delivery - like that old X-Box 360 commercial of a baby that went straight through the air from womb to the grave, lol.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 3:49 pm

I have been twice on TV, once intentional and the other by accident, I will explain more later.

jeez Phil this was posted in 2005...is it later yet?

I was on TV, local access channel when I was interviewed about an art exhibit that was being auctioned at Sothebys in LA. The art pieces were done as a social experiment by artists in Georgia and LA the art pieces made their way onto Melrose Place.  Actually the character Lexi played by Jamie Luner was created specifically for this art project. So many of her pieces were created by the artists... I was not one of the artists but I work as an assistant to one of the professors who lead this project and talked about the auction on local channel college access show.

I was also in the audience for two tapings of Ellen.  I don't know how well you can see me.

You can hear me laugh on a couple of Eps of That 70's show and the pilot for Joey.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/08 at 3:51 pm

jeez Phil this was posted in 2005...is it later yet?

I was on TV, local access channel when I was interviewed about an art exhibit that was being auctioned at Sothebys in LA. The art pieces were done as a social experiment by artists in Georgia and LA the art pieces made their way onto Melrose Place.  Actually the character Lexi played by Jamie Luner was created specifically for this art project. So many of her pieces were created by the artists... I was not one of the artists but I work as an assistant to one of the professors who lead this project and talked about the auction on local channel college access show.

I was also in the audience for two tapings of Ellen.  I don't know how well you can see me.

You can hear me laugh on a couple of Eps of That 70's show and the pilot for Joey.

I have not been on tv since then, but was one of crowd in a picture in a leading newspaper.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 3:53 pm

I have not been on tv since then, but was one of crowd in a picture in a leading newspaper.

yes but you never explained the original post... so when were you on tv and how did you wind up there on accident?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/08 at 3:56 pm

yes but you never explained the original post... so when were you on tv and how did you wind up there on accident?

Oh sorry.

The intentional was walking behind a television interview at Trafalgar Square.

The unintenional was getting Daivd Shayler's autogragh in a book outside the Old Bailey and camera were covering his arrival. The footage was shown on the news that evening.

Check for new replies or respond here...