inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Crazy Things That Kids Do

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/26/05 at 10:13 pm

Ok..tonight we were in the car and Vaughn was in the back eating a mini box of Nerds candy.....when...all of a sudden...he goes,"I have a Nerds stuck up in my nose" :o. He kept sneezing and sneezing....so when we got home I got one of those suction things that you use on babies...and I tried to suction it out of his nose, since he wouldn't blow it for me.....well all of a sudden he goes, "it's gone, it feels better now"...he must have swallowed it or it melted.!!!

LOLOLOL!! Crazy kid! :D ;D

Erin :)

Subject: Re: The Crazy Things That Kids Do

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/26/05 at 10:19 pm

That happened to my dad with a bean when he was little..  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/27/05 at 12:00 am

Ok..tonight we were in the car and Vaughn was in the back eating a mini box of Nerds candy.....when...all of a sudden...he goes,"I have a Nerds stuck up in my nose" :o. He kept sneezing and sneezing....so when we got home I got one of those suction things that you use on babies...and I tried to suction it out of his nose, since he wouldn't blow it for me.....well all of a sudden he goes, "it's gone, it feels better now"...he must have swallowed it or it melted.!!!

My cousin Mark got part of a power ranger up his nose  ;D

Written By: gemini on 10/27/05 at 7:09 am

Alot of my funny kid stories are the "you had to be there" kind of funny. Sometimes I'll tell someone a funny story and they just look at me like,  "Ok"  ???  I'll tell one, but it probably won't be funny here. My daughter was about 2 and we were taking a walk, and when I looked down at her, she had on those tiny little glasses that went with her Mr. Potato Head toy. She had them on the whole time, but I didn't know it.  See, wasn't funny, huh? Guess you had to be there!  ;D 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/05 at 9:58 am

Alot of my funny kid stories are the "you had to be there" kind of funny. Sometimes I'll tell someone a funny story and they just look at me like,  "Ok"  ???  I'll tell one, but it probably won't be funny here. My daughter was about 2 and we were taking a walk, and when I looked down at her, she had on those tiny little glasses that went with her Mr. Potato Head toy. She had them on the whole time, but I didn't know it.  See, wasn't funny, huh? Guess you had to be there!  ;D 

that is really funny!!! Vaughn does the same thing...one time he put all of the Mr. Potato Head parts on him and said, "Hey, look at me". LOL!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/05 at 9:59 am

Oh Gawd.....I could be here all day ;D ;D ;D

Probably the best was when we were at Six Flags and I had to take him into the bathroom with me....he went then I went and as I was pulling up my pants, he says (loud enough for EVERYONE to hear) "Wow Mom, you have a nice butt!" ;D  I could hear people cracking up :-[

OMG!!! That is SO funny! ;D Vaughn likes to embarrass me in public too. We were in Subway eating lunch one day and this portly guy walks in...all of a sudden Vaughn yells, "Hey, that guy has a big belly"........ :-[. LOL!

Written By: gemini on 10/27/05 at 11:42 am

Oh Gawd.....I could be here all day ;D ;D ;D

Probably the best was when we were at Six Flags and I had to take him into the bathroom with me....he went then I went and as I was pulling up my pants, he says (loud enough for EVERYONE to hear) "Wow Mom, you have a nice butt!" ;D  I could hear people cracking up :-[

Out of the mouths of babes!  ;D 

Written By: whitewolf on 10/27/05 at 12:40 pm

My littlest one has beautiful red hair and when I put her hair in braids (before she decided she needed a haircut) it would stick out a little on the sided of her head. One of my friends called her "pippi longstocking" and she started to cry. When asked what was wrong she "That lady called me a piggy, and I'm not"

It's one of those you had to be there moments, the look on her face was priceless ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 12:50 pm

Somebody wrote the word 'BASTARD' on a piece of paper and asked his mother what it meant. Oh . . . That was me at six years old.  ::) ;D

I must have spelt it okay as my mum had a fit.  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/27/05 at 1:14 pm

Somebody wrote the word 'BASTARD' on a piece of paper and asked his mother what it meant. Oh . . . That was me at six years old.  ::) ;D

I must have spelt it okay as my mum had a fit.  ;D

;D

That's familiar.

My uncle came over to england one year with his girlfriend. Whilst he was taking a nap she attempted to talk to me and i recited all the swears i knew  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/27/05 at 1:19 pm

;D

That's familiar.

My uncle came over to england one year with his girlfriend. Whilst he was taking a nap she attempted to talk to me and i recited all the swears i knew  ;D

I've got another for you but I am going to have to PM this one.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/27/05 at 2:50 pm

How did he get a nerds stuck up his nose?  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/05 at 2:52 pm

How did he get a nerds stuck up his nose?  ;D

He was eating some nerds and he decided to take one and shove it up his nostril!! LOL!  It eventually either melted or he swallowed it. It kept making him sneeze! LOL!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/06 at 11:36 pm

Ok...here's a new installment to the crazy things that Vaughn does....

chris heard Vaughn running around upstairs last night, so he went up to tell him to get to bed....there, under his bed, totally butt-naked, sat Vaughn, with a blue marker....scribbling furiously over his entire body....Chris was SO mad...he was like, "what are you trying to be..a smurf?"..and Vaughn goes, "No...a blueberry"...I guess he watches Charlie & The Chocolate Factory too much.  He even wrote all over his pee-pee..!! Earlier in the day, he decided he would be a kitty cat and he drew whiskers on his face with a black pen....but the whiskers were protruding out of the sides of his mouth! LOL! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/06 at 12:16 pm

The little one (who is a little more than a year old) LOVES to talk. She will talk to us on the phone all the time-the only problem is, she doesn't speak English yet.  ;D ;D ;D

My sister-in-law just got back from visiting her and she had her first boo-boo along with her first band-aid. She was pointing and complaining about it-but again, she doesn't speak English.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/03/06 at 8:03 am

James entertained the nursery yesterday by singing two songs his older sister taught him

"Scooby, dooby, doo, Where are you?
I'm on the toilet having a poo"!!

and

"Postman Pat, Postman Pat
Postman Pat ran over his cat
Blood and guts went flying
Postman Pat was crying
never seen his cat so flat before"

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 10:18 am

Speaking personally when I was a kid  (cos I can't quote my own as I have none!)

Frankly some of the risks I took, and stuff I got up to - I'm surprised I'm still alive

There was the time I was 12 or so and me and my friends climbed the spiral staircase of our local Church and shimmied along the lead lined gulleys waving at the grown-ups 300 ft below, much to their sheer terror and telling off when we'd got down.
Also remember taking dares to climb along parapets of high bridges as cars passed below.
I'm actually glad I experienced stuff like that, though clearly appreciate safety a little more these days!!

I was never one of those kids to drink or smoke so had to get my kicks somehow...   ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/06 at 12:17 pm

Back in 1981, I almost died twice.  I was 3 years old and sitting in a shopping cart.  As we were leaving K-Mart, I saw this big gumball sitting on the edge of the window pane, so I put it in my mouth, and moments later it got stuck in my throat and my face started to turn purple.  My mom was in a panic as she patted my back to get the gumball loose, which it finally did.  I was so scared and crying, that when my mom took me out of the shopping cart, i started to run away crying, and I ran right in front of an oncoming car.  I didn't get hit, but I came close :o

I don't remember much about that day (as I was only 3), but I bet my mom was more scared than I ever was  :(

Written By: karen on 04/04/06 at 7:25 am

Last Friday James was playing in the back garden.  We had to go and fetch my daughter from Beavers so I told James we had to go.  He said he wanted to stay and play.  I pointed out that he would have no one to look after him and he said "I'll be alright.  The step ladders can look after me" !!

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 8:43 am

I remember when I was 8 I did the old 'pin and blu-tac 'n' gum' on the chair trick to another students chair for no particular reason (I didn't dislike this student, barely even knew them)...needless to say, I'll let you imagine the consequences...

Check for new replies or respond here...