inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did you remember ???

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/31/05 at 11:27 am

Just wondering if everyone who is affected by Daylight Savings Time remembered to turn their clocks back Saturday night?  Since we were gone for the weekend, I changed all of them before we left ;)

Subject: Re: Did you remember ???

Written By: karen on 10/31/05 at 11:28 am

I forgot to do the one on my desk this morning and one of the ones in the meetings room I was using today wasn't changed.  Now you mention it I've thought of some more at work I am responsible for.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/05 at 11:30 am

Just wondering if everyone who is affected by Daylight Savings Time remembered to turn their clocks back Saturday night?  Since we were gone for the weekend, I changed all of them before we left ;)
I remember when my clock said 8am, but in reality it was 7am.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/05 at 11:43 am

We did remember but it usually takes us a while to get ALL of them. I think right now there is only one left to do.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/05 at 11:45 am

My computer does its own clock automatically

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/05 at 11:48 am

If you forget to change it, that means that you don't have to change it again in April.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 12:11 pm

ahh, you know, none of my clocks are right anyhow.  :P

i gotta be honest with you, the clocks that change themselves, that sorta spooks me. like when my computer spontaneously reminds me a holiday is coming up. skynet is becoming self-aware!

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 10/31/05 at 12:57 pm

All mine are changed, except for the one at work.  :D

Written By: nally on 10/31/05 at 12:58 pm

I changed ALL of mine on Saturday. The one in the cable box changes automatically, as does the one in my computer, and the one in my cell phone.

Written By: Apricot on 10/31/05 at 2:06 pm

Didn't need to.. auto-resetting clocks.

Written By: gemini on 10/31/05 at 3:16 pm

Yep, changed mine. Then I had to go to work early yesterday to make sure the time clock reset itself. It didn't, of course, so I had to do some surgery on it to get it right!  ;D 

Written By: Howard on 10/31/05 at 3:57 pm

I changed all my clocks and watches.They said by 2007 DST will fall in March and first week in November.

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 4:06 pm

I turned all my clocks back, but then got confused when some of my clocks had all kinds of different times  ;D

I had to turn on my TV to a channel that had the time, and set all my clocks according to it  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/31/05 at 4:11 pm

I turned all my clocks back, but then got confused when some of my clocks had all kinds of different times  ;D

I had to turn on my TV to a channel that had the time, and set all my clocks according to it  ;D

Why did you get confused?

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 4:31 pm

dude, it was funny, i FREAKED that morning. i'd been to this party the night before and then i got up and i was listening to the radio and i was hung over and seriously like, okay, what's with how every announcer is saying the time all wrong? did communists take over the world while i was sleeping?? it didn't help that i had the same problem, my computer clock is broken and stuck at being an hour and a half off, now a half-hour off, so for a minute or so i was in this total weird freespace. then i remembered, oh, yeah! DST plus drinking yourself stupid does NOT mix.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/05 at 5:03 pm

I just hate changing clocks altogether >:(

Written By: Bobby on 10/31/05 at 6:27 pm

I certainly did but my place of work didn't set the clocks back so I nearly did myself a bowell injury thinking I was an hour late.  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/31/05 at 8:39 pm

I certainly did but my place of work didn't set the clocks back so I nearly did myself a bowell injury thinking I was an hour late.  ;D
I'm sure workplaces don't put them bsck or forward straight away on purpose.  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 10/31/05 at 8:47 pm

I put mine forward an hour - summer here  :P

Written By: YWN on 10/31/05 at 8:53 pm

Did anybody hear about Bush's plan to extend Daylights Saving time?  It's part of the Energy Bill, I think, because people don't turn on as many lights when it's light out. 

I hate Daylight Savings...

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 8:55 pm

I had already changed some of the clocks, then mistakenly changed them again  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/31/05 at 8:55 pm

Did anybody hear about Bush's plan to extend Daylights Saving time?  It's part of the Energy Bill, I think, because people don't turn on as many lights when it's light out. 

I hate Daylight Savings...
I doubt it'd do much.

And yeah, we changed the clocks forward a month ago for summertime.

Written By: Bobby on 11/01/05 at 3:19 am

I'm sure workplaces don't put them bsck or forward straight away on purpose.  ;D

Psychological torture.  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/01/05 at 3:33 am

A friend of mine hates this weekend for good reason.  He works at Windsor Castle and has to change all of their clocks, I forget the exact amount but its at least 300!

Written By: Bobby on 11/01/05 at 3:38 am

A friend of mine hates this weekend for good reason.  He works at Windsor Castle and has to change all of their clocks, I forget the exact amount but its at least 300!

He'll have a lot of time on his hands . . . where's the door?  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/01/05 at 3:48 am

He'll have a lot of time on his hands . . . where's the door?  ;D

groan

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/01/05 at 3:49 am

Ouch!  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/01/05 at 3:52 am

He was on TV a while ago when they had a series about the castle.  They filmed him on clock weekend and he did one huge clock (in a tower or something) where you had to wind it all the way around and to keep the chimes right you had to do it for 23 hours.  Unbfortunately you can't see the hands until you go outside again and he got it wrong and wound it on 25 hours!

Written By: Howard on 11/01/05 at 7:07 am

Imagine if there was no Daylight Savings Time?  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/01/05 at 11:19 am

Did he have to go 21 hours more?

Yes, back up the tower to do it.

Check for new replies or respond here...