inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where do I find the autocorrection file in Word?

Written By: K1chyd on 11/14/05 at 1:29 pm

Hi!

In Windows Word there's this auto correct function, you know the one that automatically adjusts "the" to "the" and "(c)" to the copyright symbol etc. I'm an avid user of this function and now it has struck me that I oughta back up the file that holds all the auto corrections I've over time added myself. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to find it (assuming it's all in a single file and not some other way).

Is this the right place for this question?

//  Peter

Subject: Re: Where do I find the autocorrection file in Word?

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/05 at 1:38 pm

It should just do that automatically.  Whenever I use Word, the symbols like (c) and 1/2 always change automatically to the copyright symbol and the ½

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/05 at 1:41 pm

© is when you hold down alt and press on the num pad 0,1,2,4,5,7,8

but there is an autocorrect under tools

Written By: K1chyd on 11/14/05 at 10:50 pm

Hmm... maybe I didn't ask that question very well, I do know where to find the function, I use it a lot and have added several hundreds of my on correction, or to be more specific I'm making up my own abbreviation for longer phrases that I have to type severeal times a day so that I only have to type the abbreviation to get the whole phrase written.

What I'd like to know is how to back up the file that contains these autocorrections. What's the name name of that file? Where in the windows directory is it located? Can this be done?

Check for new replies or respond here...