inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Are You Most Proud Of This Year?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/05 at 9:25 pm

What is the one thing this year that you have accomplished, etc..that you are the most proud of?

Mine would have to be the fact that Chris and I were able to purchase our first home...and even though the process nearly drove us insane....it was worth it in the end.

Erin :)

Subject: Re: What Are You Most Proud Of This Year?

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/05 at 10:02 pm

Congrats!

Um... hmm

I really don't know at the moment.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/05 at 10:36 pm

That I finally have a college degree....okay, so it's only JuCo, but it's a degree nonetheless.....and thanks to the "agreement" between the JuCo & the college I plan on attending next year, I'm guaranteed admission as a Junior :)

congrats on that Kim! I still want to go back and finish my schooling. I have an associates degree so far...and only 2 more years to go. I am going to wait until Vaughn is in kindergarten though..it will make things a lot easier!

Written By: rich1981 on 11/15/05 at 11:48 am

Well this is the year I received my M.S. in computer science, but maybe I've already mentioned that before, maybe not. If I find a full-time job to go by December I would have to say that would be an even bigger accomplishment...

What is the one thing this year that you have accomplished, etc..that you are the most proud of?

Mine would have to be the fact that Chris and I were able to purchase our first home...and even though the process nearly drove us insane....it was worth it in the end.

I may have to look into buying one soon as well. What kind of challenges did you overcome in your purchase? I'm just curious.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/05 at 1:33 pm

Well this is the year I received my M.S. in computer science, but maybe I've already mentioned that before, maybe not. If I find a full-time job to go by December I would have to say that would be an even bigger accomplishment...

I may have to look into buying one soon as well. What kind of challenges did you overcome in your purchase? I'm just curious.

well, we chose to go through a broker, since the house we were interested in was for sale by owner, instead of through a real estate agency.  I never realized how much paperwork, minute details of your life that they need to know in order to get a house loan.  My husband and I don't have the best of credit..so it was just one thing after another. Finally, after dealing with a lot of phone calls back and forth, faxing of millions of papers, and talking to oodles of people on the phone..our closing was set up...only to find out that the broker made a mistake on her part, and we almost lost our home. Thankfully, we were dealing with a kind seller who cut us some major breaks...and the broker took it upon herself to make things right on her end...so we ended up closing 2 weeks later than the original date.

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/05 at 1:40 pm

I joined inthe00s :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/15/05 at 1:52 pm

Having a 3.5 GPA so far in college.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/15/05 at 3:39 pm

We added on to our house and it turned out great!  8)

Written By: Howard on 11/15/05 at 4:22 pm

I filled out job applications by myself without any help.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...