inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finally ordered a new car

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/18/05 at 3:59 pm

my last car was a "program car" with 15K on it already, so this is technically the first "new" car I've purchased.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_Colors.aspx?modelid=10916&trimid=-1&src=VIP

It's a 2006 though, I got it in the color in that link, the Black Cherry Pearl.  It's a Scion xb, made by Toyota.

I first looked at a month ago, and they told me there's a six to eight week lead time on one coming in.  Very hard to get right now.  Well, they called me last week to let me know one was due in by the end of the month, so I went and put my money down to reserve it.

It's smaller and has less power than my current car, but it was still fun to drive.  Not sure if the automatic is as good as the standard version I test drove (no automatics available for a test spin  >:( ) but if I wanted something to drive fast, I'd buy a second Mustang.

People think they're ugly, due to the square/boxy look of it.  Most cars 15 years ago were square, so I don't know why people don't care for it now.  Personally happy to buy something that doesn't look like every other car out there.

Subject: Re: Finally ordered a new car

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/18/05 at 6:27 pm

Very cool, I like those cars.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/18/05 at 6:48 pm

I've never really cared for box cars, but I hope you enjoy it!

And congrats on your first "new" purchase!

Written By: Southern Image on 11/21/05 at 12:26 pm

I like those cars. I like the different body shape. So many cars look like clones and I tend to like the ones that look different. Good luck with it. Tell me how it runs  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...