inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Are You Getting for your mate/friend/family member(s) for Xmas?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 5:18 pm

So far, this is what I've bought:

Dad - 1 sweater
Mom - Cinderella & Saturday Night Fever DVDs, a watch set
My boyfriend - 1 sweater, a wallet light, cribbage board

Subject: Re: What Are You Getting for your mate/friend/family member(s) for Xmas?

Written By: Morton on 11/21/05 at 5:33 pm

Every Christmas I buy presents for my mam, both my nanas, my grandad and my friend Sarah. I also buy a few selection boxes for my little cousins, but that's only if I have money left.
I am terrible at keeping to a budget, I always end up buying really expensive presents for everyone (example- Last Christmas I bought my mam a

Subject: Re: What Are You Getting for your mate/friend/family member(s) for Xmas?

Written By: Southern Image on 11/21/05 at 5:33 pm

I'm getting my parents, Chilis dinner & a movie gift card.  Then my mom will get her favorite perfume and dad will get whatever  ;D

My sister and brother -n-law  will be getting gift cards to their favorite places

My daughter will get tons of stuff.  :D

My nephew will get clothes and DVDS

My SO will be getting ME, and some other things  ;)

The kids in our family will be getting toys and I have to buy 1 exchange gift for a party.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 5:58 pm

I haven't decided yet.

Written By: rich1981 on 11/21/05 at 6:54 pm

My mother - Some nice clothes
My father - Money
My brother - undecided but probably something related to music

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/21/05 at 7:31 pm

Let's see what have a bought so far:

My mom- 2 really nice sage green bath towels with deer embrodiered on them, and a deer head hook to put her bathrobe on, cause we added on an addition for her to our house, and it will be completed in a few weeks, and it looks like a log cabin inside it, it is way cool.  I bought her the 1st season of All Creatures great and Small on DVD, and I got her the nice version of Scrabble with the turntable, cause we play all the time...and I just have the old version. (We like animals)

I bought my Dad and his wife- this thing that is made out of cast iron, it looks like a log cabin, you put water on it, and put it on a wood burner to put humidity in the air..it was from Plow N Hearth, I got him an outdoor Flag with a fish on it, 2 Xmas ornaments, and  a Red Lobster gift certificate.

Friend #1- I got her a set of lighthouse lights, a lighthouse trivet that smells like cinnamon, a lighthouse windsock, 2 light house ornaments and note cards with lighthouses on them with her name on them, and a light house tray.
I got her daughter an Alice in Wonderland 1000 piece puzzle. (they collect the stuff I got them)

Brother-in-law- an inflatable Miami Dolphins football player, a snowman ornament with the Miami Dolphins on it, I got his wife this really nice Christmas craft thing with 3 snow men and a lamp post and it is all lite up with fake snow on it.

Friend #2- A "Sixteen Candles" 2006 Calendar

Friend#3- A Fraggle Rock DVD with a Red & Boober stuffed doll.

I bought a bunchh of gift baskets with this stuff from a company called "Tastefully Simple", and they made really nice baskets for my neighbors and people my husband works with.

My son-James Bond-to Russia with Love-PS2, Coded Arms-PS2, Star Wars 3 on DVD- a Batman Begins big Batman doll, the Batmobile from Batman Begins, The first season of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air on DVD, the entire season of Streethawk on DVD, the 1st season of Macgyver.

I have more shopping to do, but that is a start. I love finding people stuff they collect.

Written By: Apricot on 11/21/05 at 7:33 pm

We're all pitching in to get my cousin a 5 GB MP3 Player.. he wants an iPod, mostly for the fashion.

I have to think of something nice for my girlfriend...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/21/05 at 8:15 pm

Oy, I don't know. I haven't even started. And my boyfriend refuses to tell me what he wants, because he doesn't want anything.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/21/05 at 11:31 pm

Toys for all my friends kids.  Gift certificates for the adults. For my boyfriend, I'm not sure yet.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/21/05 at 11:41 pm

well...

Chris and I don't really exchange gifts...we just each pick one big thing that we want and we get it. I am getting a MP3 player and he is getting a new set of golf clubs.

Mom and Dad: we are getting them a gift certificate for a favorite store.

Chris' mom: gift certificate

Beth: can't really say, as she is a member here and I don't want to spill the beans! LOL!

Vaughn: (so far)...a baseball thingy where it helps you learn to swing and hit the ball better, some board games, movies, playDoh sets, viewmaster and reels, clothes, and I have to do some more shopping for him.

that's all I got so far...I still have to do some thinking for the rest of my family.

Written By: whistledog on 11/21/05 at 11:57 pm

CA$H

My folks usually end up exchanging anything I get them, so this way I can cut their time in half  ;D

Written By: Paul on 11/22/05 at 7:27 am

Oy, I don't know. I haven't even started. And my boyfriend refuses to tell me what he wants, because he doesn't want anything.

Sod's Law...

Don't buy him anything...

...then listen to him moan come Christmas morning when he finds out you haven't bought him anything!

My tribe...not much idea, as I'm 'fortunate' to have most of my present buying done for me...!!

Written By: gemini on 11/22/05 at 9:07 am

Well, the girls mostly just asked for CD's/DVD's and some gift cards to stores they like. I don't even try to buy them clothes anymore, I'd rather they just picked them out themselves, that way, there isn't any returning to do. My oldest asked for a digital camera as her big item and the other wants a DVD/VCR combo, since she has alot of videos she still likes to watch.
The nieces and nephews, I got toys that they asked for.
My parents, I have no idea yet.
For my husband, I just pick up random little things I think he'd like and then we'll buy one big item for the both of us that we want.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/05 at 9:41 am

Everyone is getting charcoal from me this year.  ;D ;D ;D  Ok, just kidding. They will probably get "paper".

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/22/05 at 10:04 am

hubby says he wants a coffee maker.
Daughter some Barbie clothes probably and maybe a playstation or something we haven't reallly decided.
Son we've bought him a tagalong bike so he can ride with me when the weather warms up.  Also he wants a pirate costume.

in-laws no idea
my parents no idea

nephew 20Q quiz thingy.
nieces no idea yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...