inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody Have Vonage Phone Service?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/05 at 8:24 pm

We are looking into getting a new phone service and we were thinking about checking out Vonage Phone Service...does anyone have this and what are your thoughts on it?

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Anybody Have Vonage Phone Service?

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/22/05 at 8:57 pm

We are looking into getting a new phone service and we were thinking about checking out Vonage Phone Service...does anyone have this and what are your thoughts on it?

Ya know.. much as people like to complain about them, Verizon are good.
They're affordable and have great coverage. HOWEVER! if you have a problem, expect to spend 2 hours sorting it out. But face it, how often do you have a problem with your cell phone?

US Cellular seem pretty cheap, but i wonder how good their coverage is.

Written By: Skippy on 11/22/05 at 9:38 pm

My ISP, which is locally owned, is powered by Verizon, which I am very happy with. The dial-up speeds are almost at peak, service is great and problems are usually fixed within hours. My ISP even informs all customers when they will be performing maintenence.

The only bad thing I ever heard about Vonage was that dialing 9-1-1 wouldn't go through, but they were supposed to be taking care of that. Their international rates look reasonable.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/05 at 10:04 pm

yes, I mean...my husband and I both have cell phones, and we have been using them as our only phones (no house phone), but our phones don't always work that well in our house...so we have been talking about getting a house phone again. We had Verizon when we lived in our other place...and the phone bills were ridiculous...they were like $70 a month! Vonage is only like $25.00 a month...which is something that we could afford easily.

Written By: Skippy on 11/22/05 at 11:21 pm

Yeah, it looks like a good deal. I'd probably try it if I had broadband. The $25/month covers U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico. Most internatinal calls look to be around 4-6 cents per minute. I wonder if there's a commitment like many cell phone contracts have?
Unfortunately, with Vonage, if you lose your broadband service your phone will be out also.
  I don't have a cell phone myself, always felt the cost was too high for the service provided.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/22/05 at 11:23 pm

Yeah, it looks like a good deal. I'd probably try it if I had broadband. The $25/month covers U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico. Most internatinal calls look to be around 4-6 cents per minute. I wonder if there's a commitment like many cell phone contracts have?
Unfortunately, with Vonage, if you lose your broadband service your phone will be out also.

Check for new replies or respond here...