inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name/Avatar Changes

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 5:12 pm

I thought this might be a topic people would show interest in...

Are you bothered by name changes or avatar changes?
If so, why? Is it really THAT annoying/bothersome/upsetting that people want to change the picture that represents them and the name as well?
After what time period is it acceptable, if at all, for someone to change their avatar without you being bothered?
Once someone has an avatar for a while, does it upset you if they change it?

And so on...

I don't care how often you change avatar or name... I know people by their style... avatars are a good expression of self, I think, and since the self changes, the avatar and name can change. Now, if a picture I LIKE gets changed, I might be upset, but only cause I miss that picture.

Although I do get a little bothered when a long-standing avatar is changed.. I don't know why, but some people just have one pic so long it bothers me when it leaves.

Subject: Re: Name/Avatar Changes

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 5:32 pm

Damn, not even one VIEW...

Written By: Morton on 11/26/05 at 6:20 pm

i'll be first to reply...

Avatar changes don't bother me in the slightest, in fact I like seeing new avatars every so often... it makes the place feel slightly 'fresher'.

With name changes, it'll take me a while to catch on to who i'm talking to, but then i'll view their profiles and get on with it. Again, doesn't bother me how frequently, or what exactly they change it to.

Written By: Davester on 11/26/05 at 6:20 pm

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/05 at 6:25 pm

Yes, I am bothered by the name changes because I don't know who anyone is anymore. There are a few who do put their original names in their signature lines which does help but I think the constant name changing is getting ridiculous. Some people seem to change their every day-just like they change their clothes.

As for avatars, that doesn't bother me. I understand about the need for variety.  I have often thought about changing mine-just for variety but this one really suits me and when I asked if I should change it, many people said no. So I didn't.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 6:50 pm

Yes, I am bothered by the name changes because I don't know who anyone is anymore. There are a few who do put their original names in their signature lines which does help but I think the constant name changing is getting ridiculous. Some people seem to change their every day-just like they change their clothes.

Sometimes you get dissatisfied with a name... if I could find one people liked that I felt suited me, I'd stick with it... but I'm just not finding it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/26/05 at 7:10 pm

Mr Red Shirt/Good Red Shirt/GRS/Red-Shirted Pimp - the names based on "Red Shirt" were getting old and tired. Hence why I'm looking for a new "name". I do however keep my name in my sig line, or under my new name to save confusion.  ;)

And it doesn't bother me who's changing their names. Usually I can tell straight away who it is by what threads they've made. Eg: It's easy to tell General Impediment is/was Apricot as "General Impediment" was the one who started the "Feel Any Way.." thread.

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 7:11 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 7:11 pm

Okay, I'm settled. At least until I think of a better name.  ;D

Written By: YWN on 11/26/05 at 7:17 pm

In late 2003, I discovered AmIRight.com.  I felt an urge to comment on a parody, but alas, I had to come up with a name.  I racked my brain for ideas and the first thing that came up was "Your Worst Nightmare".  No, it is no reference to any kind of heavy metal, goth, or emo song, it was actually what the dragon (voiced by Eddie Murphy) said in "Mulan", a movie I saw when I was six.

So, later on in May 2005 I discover inthe00s and decide to join.  Iit wouldn't let me submit "Your Worst Nightmare" as a screenname because it is too long, so I choose "YWN".  Months later I discover that I can change my posting name to "Your Worst Nightmare".  About a week later I decide to change it to this.

And there you go.  A history of name changing.

Written By: Morton on 11/26/05 at 7:20 pm

I've changed my name too many times to recall, but in brief - Dumb Ass Kid is my AmIRight name, and I was sick of it being sensored to Dumb A** Kid, or Dumb A$$ Kid on InThe00s, so I shortened it to Dak... which kinda stuck with me

Written By: YWN on 11/26/05 at 7:22 pm

I've changed my name too many times to recall, but in brief - Dumb Ass Kid is my AmIRight name, and I was sick of it being sensored to Dumb A** Kid, or Dumb A$$ Kid on InThe00s, so I shortened it to Dak... which kinda stuck with me

And people pronounce it "dack"!  :D

Beth told me she would always pronounce my name "yown", like it was a takeoff on "pwn".  I wonder how many people thought that.

Written By: Morton on 11/26/05 at 7:23 pm

And people pronounce it "dack"!

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/05 at 7:23 pm

I enjoy people's avatar changing, but the name changes do get a little confusing.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/26/05 at 7:25 pm

;D ;D ^ (laughing at his avatar)  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/26/05 at 7:37 pm

As for avatars, that doesn't bother me. I understand about the need for variety.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/27/05 at 4:27 pm

Nope. I don't see the big deal.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 4:41 pm

avatar changes? i hadn't noticed. like who, for instance?

i'm down with it if you don't change you avatar and your name at the same time, because then there's no way of knowing you're the same person. there are people on the board i know pretty well and so i notice when they change something but i still know who they are. there are other folks who i know noddingly or just kinda because i've read a post or two along the way so when they change i probably think they're a totally different person. but i didn't know them that well originally so...

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/27/05 at 6:53 pm

Never changed my name Guvnor.. honest.

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/05 at 6:54 pm

Never changed my name Guvnor.. honest.

I believe you, "SmackYaFaceUpJ!".

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/27/05 at 6:55 pm

I believe you, "SmackYaFaceUpJ!".

Thank's And.. Apri.. Pir.. Lor..Aly..... Thanks chief.

Written By: Apricot on 11/27/05 at 7:03 pm

Thank's And.. Apri.. Pir.. Lor..Aly..... Thanks chief.

Anytime, Creeping... CrueltyBought... Satanic...

SMACKYAFACEUPJ!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/27/05 at 7:04 pm

Anytime, Creeping... CrueltyBought... Satanic...

SMACKYAFACEUPJ!

*Slaytanic  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/27/05 at 10:17 pm

Nah, it doesn't bother me...I can usually tell who it is anyway.

Written By: nally on 11/28/05 at 12:26 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 12:39 am

Although I have pondered possibly changing mine to my real name (Jeffrey) at times, but I've decided against it (at least for right now). Which makes me wonder...if you change your displayed name, do you still keep the same login ID or do you have to log in with the new name? ???

You still keep your original login name.  You can always tell because people who get banned or delete their accounts, show up as guests under their original names they signed up with

Written By: nally on 11/28/05 at 12:40 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 12:52 am

So you still log in as whistledog?

Yep.  Which is good, becuase there's no way I could remember the shortcuts to all the symbols in my name  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/28/05 at 12:54 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 1:30 am

Especially with all the Unicode characters, which some browsers don't even recognize

I found that out a while ago, when certain characters I used in my name accidentally messed up the forum  :o

Written By: Tam on 11/28/05 at 1:39 am

I don't have a problem with peeps changing their names and avatars.

I do it at least once every two weeks so I better not have a prob. with it!

Thinking about changing it again right now! LOL

Written By: MLB on 11/28/05 at 2:41 pm

tell me what's the cat's name?
My name changed yea, from my monogram to my name because it was generic and spells MLB and I am not the big baseball fan some may think I am.
  Plus,  I don't think people pay attention to me enough to notice that my picture changes "seasonally" when I get the chance. Obviously, I'm due for a change but at the moment I'm looking for a pic in color to capture for  my wintertime self .

Written By: nally on 11/28/05 at 2:43 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: YWN on 11/28/05 at 2:48 pm

I've changed my name yet again...  What do you think?

Written By: Apricot on 11/28/05 at 2:56 pm

I notice that...but I wasn't sure if there were any changes regarding that.

So you still log in as whistledog?

Yes.. no matter what, I still sign in an "Apricot", and you have to send your PMs to "Apricot" also.

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 3:09 pm

I've changed my name yet again...

Written By: Howard on 11/28/05 at 4:33 pm

I'm not bothered by avatar changes at all.

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 2:49 pm

I'm not bothered by avatar changes at all.

Neither am I. But often times, name changes tend to confuse me.

Written By: Marian on 11/29/05 at 2:56 pm

Name changes are confusing,but avatar changes don't bother me.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 3:25 pm

Name changes are confusing,but avatar changes don't bother me.

Yeah, name changes sometimes bother me... unless I know who they are.. some, you can really guess. Others take a bit longer, but I'll just check their profile or something.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 4:43 pm

Neither am I. But often times, name changes tend to confuse me.

I've been here 4 years so everyone knows me as Howard  ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/30/05 at 2:15 am

I'm guilty of name/avatar changing too. My original name is still in my sig line, though. And I think by now everybody knows my name is Henk (in real life), so there's no confusion there.

I did go by the name of Names for a week or so, but it didn't feel right - plus I hardly posted in that week.

People who change their name/avatar a lot tend to confuse me (at least for a while), but mostly it's pretty obvious who it is just by looking at their post count. And when in doubt, I check their profile. So... no problems here. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/05 at 2:17 am

I am now in my third year of posting meassages on various boards and in all that time I have always kept the same screen name and avatar.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/03/05 at 11:02 pm

Avatar changes don't bother me a bit... name changes don't particularly bother me either, but if I don't recognize your name I probably won't talk to you much.

It does bother me when people make dual accounts though, and try to pretend to be someone else.  If you can't say whatever it is you have to say under your own account, then you probably shouldn't say it.

Written By: rich1981 on 12/04/05 at 12:24 am

Since there is at least one member here who likes my avatar I plan to stick with it, except maybe add a cool animation or effect. On the other hand, I am not bothered by anyone changing avatars unless it is offensive. As for name changes, you won't see me change mine ever, anywhere. If someone does change their name, I might be able to recognize them immediately but it can be difficult otherwise.

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/05 at 12:33 am

If I ever changed my user name, people would still recognize me.  No one has avatars quite like mine  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/04/05 at 7:05 pm

I have always kept the same name and avatar.  :)

Written By: Tam on 12/04/05 at 9:41 pm

Hmm... Question:

Why is it now that since Whistledog came along and did his crazy text name that others seem to be following suit?

Is no one an individual anymore? ???

Must just be a me thing! :-X

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/05 at 9:43 pm

Hmm... Question:

Why is it now that since Whistledog came along and did his crazy text name that others seem to be following suit?

Is no one an individual anymore? ???

Must just be a me thing! :-X

I guess I am a trend setter  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 11:19 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/05/05 at 11:20 am

Guess so... I see you're using a "Burger King" spoof...kewl 8)

I am yes.  When I look at my avatar, I get hungry for a Whopper  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 11:37 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: karen on 12/05/05 at 11:38 am

I haven't had a Whopper in at least two or three years... or anything from BK for that matter. :-\\

If it was anyone but you posting that nally I would accuse them of delibrately posting a double entendre but since it's you I'll ask don't you like Burger King then?

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 11:41 am

If it was anyone but you posting that nally I would accuse them of delibrately posting a double entendre but since it's you I'll ask don't you like Burger King then?

I like Burger King; I just don't go there very frequently.

I used to go there a lot as a kid during the mid- to late 80's and early- to mid 90's.

When I eat fast food burgers nowadays I often go to In-N-Out or Carls Jr.

Written By: YWN on 12/05/05 at 12:18 pm

Haha, I didn't notice the innuendo the first time.  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 12:45 pm

I've been here 4 years so everyone knows me as Howard  ;)

Weren't you "Jammin Oldies" on the old board back in 2002-03?

Written By: Apricot on 12/05/05 at 2:09 pm

Haha, I didn't notice the innuendo the first time.

Written By: Tia on 12/05/05 at 2:11 pm

I still don't get it.

i didn't get it either. but i'm pretty sure it would offend me.  :)

Written By: YWN on 12/05/05 at 2:15 pm

I still don't get it.

I haven't had a Whopper <--------------- in at least two or three years... or anything from BK for that matter. :-\\

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 2:40 pm

I was referring to the popular hamburger at BK. ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/05/05 at 2:44 pm

I don't believe I've ever referred to the physical act of love as a "whopper." Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Written By: Apricot on 12/05/05 at 2:46 pm

Not familiar with the term.. hmm. Meh.

Written By: whistledog on 12/05/05 at 3:01 pm

I don't believe I've ever referred to the physical act of love as a "whopper." Maybe I'm not doing it right.

I always knew it as Whoopee, a word I first learned watching The Newlywed Game when I was a kid  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 3:02 pm

I always knew it as Whoopee, a word I first learned watching The Newlywed Game when I was a kid  ;D

I saw a "Newlyweird Game" flub involving that term once. It's when the lady said, "In the !" She thought Bob Eubanks was referring to where on your body rather than where in the world (i.e., a location).

Written By: whistledog on 12/05/05 at 3:05 pm

I saw a "Newlyweird Game" flub involving that term once. It's when the lady said, "In the !" She thought Bob Eubanks was referring to where on your body rather than where in the world (i.e., a location).

I saw that one too.  They called it the raciest moment ever in a Game Show.  There are others I've seen way racier.  On an old episode of Ray Combs' Family Feud, a question was "Name a part of the body that you shave".  The answers given were unbelievable  ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/05/05 at 3:07 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 3:07 pm

I saw that one too.  They called it the raciest moment ever in a Game Show.  There are others I've seen way racier.  On an old episode of Ray Combs' Family Feud, a question was "Name a part of the body that you shave".  The answers given were unbelievable  ;D

I love those outrageous game show moments. I cannot watch those specials without cracking up. :D ;D

Written By: Apricot on 12/05/05 at 3:36 pm

I love those outrageous game show moments. I cannot watch those specials without cracking up. :D ;D

They run just a few too many of those "Outrageous Game Show Moment" specials, though.. I mean, they're REALLY funny the first time, but there are only so many times that I can say "OMG! That lady said "DING DONG!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  ;D

I always knew it as Whoopee, a word I first learned watching The Newlywed Game when I was a kid 

Yes, I AM familiar with the term "whoopee".. but that's a fairly archaic term for intercourse. And I've NEVER heard "Whopper" as one.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/05 at 3:47 pm

Weren't you "Jammin Oldies" on the old board back in 2002-03?

Yes Jeff JamminOldies was my original back in 2002-2003 till I changed it to Howard later on.

Written By: nally on 12/20/05 at 3:08 pm

Yes Jeff JamminOldies was my original back in 2002-2003 till I changed it to Howard later on.

Ah yes. I remember that. :) That was long before I became a registered member.

I just noticed that "timelord" changed his alias to "drwho" and deleted some of his own posts. ::) ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/20/05 at 3:13 pm

I just noticed that "timelord" changed his alias to "drwho" and deleted some of his own posts. ::) ::)

hmmm....I wonder why he did that? ???

Written By: nally on 12/20/05 at 3:16 pm

hmmm....I wonder why he did that? ???

Not sure. ::) :-\\

Written By: alyceclover on 12/20/05 at 3:30 pm

...variety is the spice of life...monotony brings home the bacon...

It doesn't bother me what other people do...new here, so getting to know people by avatars & name, thus, it is confusing...still have to check profiles, to see who's saying that.

Like there was that 'who's the biggest...' or 'highest poster', well, gee, is it Quirk or Woops or Whisle Dog or Faulty Dog or Your Worst Nightmare or Cornflakes...or are they all the same person....

what happened to 'this face will haunt you', by the way...

::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/20/05 at 3:43 pm

Yes, it is true that Dr Who is a Timelord.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/05 at 5:30 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/20/05 at 6:56 pm

My guess is because there was a late 80's band called The Timelords who had a popular hit that was based off the theme to Dr. Who :)

Written By: Marian on 12/20/05 at 7:50 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 12/20/05 at 11:39 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 01/16/06 at 8:46 pm

I notice that Chrissy (jacks) has changed her displayed name to "fingers" and her avatar to a picture of a former member (who shares his name with a Pinocchio character)... seeing that (rather than the drawing of a girl with a pink background and "Don't make me" underneath) confuses me. :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/16/06 at 8:48 pm

I notice that Chrissy (jacks) has changed her displayed name to "fingers" and her avatar to a picture of a former member (who shares his name with a Pinocchio character)... seeing that confuses me. :-\\

...Jiminy...?

I noticed she recently had a sex change, as well.

Written By: nally on 01/16/06 at 8:49 pm

...Jiminy...?

Yup!

As in Jimminy Cricket! O0

I noticed she recently had a sex change, as well.

Blimey!! You're right!! :o :o :o :o The blue "male" icon now appears next to the word gender.

Written By: karen on 01/17/06 at 3:34 am

Yes, I AM familiar with the term "whoopee".. but that's a fairly archaic term for intercourse. And I've NEVER heard "Whopper" as one.

That's because I wasn't talking about intercourse.

Written By: nally on 01/17/06 at 9:47 am

Yup!

As in Jimminy Cricket! O0
Blimey!! You're right!! :o :o :o :o The blue "male" icon now appears next to the word gender.

She told me in a PM that it was a joke; she don't know when she's gonna be herself again. :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/17/06 at 10:00 am

She told me in a PM that it was a joke; she don't know when she's gonna be herself again. :-\\

Oh well, no biggie, right?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/06 at 7:27 pm

Oh well, no biggie, right?

Kinda what I was thinking.

Written By: nally on 01/17/06 at 11:28 pm

Perhaps.....but I miss "jacks"; she was fun.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 2:16 am

I notice that Chrissy (jacks) has changed her displayed name to "fingers" and her avatar to a picture of a former member (who shares his name with a Pinocchio character)... seeing that (rather than the drawing of a girl with a pink background and "Don't make me" underneath) confuses me. :-\\
That's not Chrissy, that's a man baby!  you have to admit, she does look rather mannish.

Written By: karen on 01/18/06 at 4:06 am

That's not Chrissy, that's a man baby!  you have to admit, she does look rather mannish.

the picture as her avatar was a one time member here who was banned

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 10:49 am

the picture as her avatar was a one time member here who was banned
I was just doing my Austin Powers impression.    ;) It must not have been very good, I'll have to work on it.

Written By: karen on 01/18/06 at 11:06 am

I was just doing my Austin Powers impression.    ;) It must not have been very good, I'll have to work on it.

I'd have to watch Austin Powers for it to make sense

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/06 at 12:20 pm

I have to admit, it's confusing to see someone you've known for so long as X all of a sudden change their name to Y.  For example, I've always known Dagwood as such, it would be weird for me to see her as anyone else.  It wouldn't be a big deal, it would just take some getting used to (and I'd STILL probably call her Dagwood ;))

Like some people still call you 80s Cheerleader?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Stereomanic on 01/18/06 at 1:06 pm

i am not planning to change my avatar nor my username any time soon, as i find it may cause cxonfusion

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/18/06 at 1:07 pm

i am not planning to change my avatar nor my username any time soon, as i find it may cause cxonfusion

I only changed mine once, and it was almost 4 years ago!  :D

Written By: Stereomanic on 01/18/06 at 1:09 pm

four years? hat is indeed a considerable time of membership! do they not award medals for such achievements?!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/18/06 at 1:16 pm

four years? hat is indeed a considerable time of membership! do they not award medals for such achievements?!

LOL!  I've actually been a member since 1999!!  8)

Written By: Stereomanic on 01/18/06 at 1:27 pm

wow, that is a long time! how long has this site been running, exactly?

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 2:39 pm

I only ever completely changed my name once.  Other than that, It's always been some form of whistledog with added characters.  I do that so it cannot be easy to just put my name in an input box  ;D

Written By: YWN on 01/18/06 at 2:42 pm

I've changed my name...*counts fingers*

...at least nine times.  Here are the ones I can remember using:

YWN, Your Worst Nightmare, The Other White Guy, Sheth, Sheth Shady, nALLY's drinking buddy, Iron Man, Symptoms of the Universe, Imagine, and Strawberry Fields Forever, the one I am using currently.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 3:44 pm

I've changed my name...*counts fingers*

...at least nine times.  Here are the ones I can remember using:

YWN, Your Worst Nightmare, The Other White Guy, Sheth, Sheth Shady, nALLY's drinking buddy, Iron Man, Symptoms of the Universe, Imagine, and Strawberry Fields Forever, the one I am using currently.

You forgot "Probably YWN" :D

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 3:51 pm

I think I'm going to give the ole name a little updating once I change it back.  But I think I'll keep this one a little longer.....I'm on a mission.http://bestsmileys.com/evil/6.gif

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 3:53 pm

I think I'm going to give the ole name a little updating once I change it back. 

Uh oh... you're not thinking of adding an a and an s are you? ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 4:06 pm

Uh oh... you're not thinking of adding an a and an s are you? ;D

No, I've already failed at that. ;D

Written By: YWN on 01/18/06 at 4:14 pm

You forgot "Probably YWN" :D

Oh yeah, and "Probably Not YWN".

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 4:17 pm

Oh yeah, and "Probably Not YWN".

I think I remember that one.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 4:19 pm

Isn't fingers,Jimmy? ??? ::)

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/18/06 at 4:21 pm

I got tired of Betty's sauciness, and changed my avatar to a pic of my dog Jeffrey.  Inspired by Kkay, wherever has she gone?

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 4:22 pm

I got tired of Betty's sauciness, and changed my avatar to a pic of my dog Jeffrey.  Inspired by Kkay, wherever has she gone?

You have a dog with the same name as me? How cute. :D :)

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/18/06 at 4:29 pm

You have a dog with the same name as me? How cute. :D :)

Oh yeah, and inspired by Nally ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 4:30 pm

Isn't fingers,Jimmy? ??? ::)
j

No, Howard... it isn't.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 4:49 pm

j

No, Howard... it isn't.

That's weird,I thought it was.

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:03 pm

That's weird,I thought it was.

"fingers" just has a picture of jimminy. ::)

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 5:07 pm

"fingers" just has a picture of jimminy. ::)

That's jiminy to you. ;)

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:07 pm

That's jiminy to you. ;)

But why use his picture? ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:15 pm

Yeah,Why use his picture if he's not even here anymore. ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 5:16 pm

the same reason you use shakira's...

SHE'S OBSESSED WITH HIM!!!

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:20 pm

Is that so??

But Shakira is a famous person (she's well-known all over the world), whereas Jimminy is only famous here around the boards.

I don't think I'll ever change my shakira avatar or my userID, because that might confuse some many folks.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/18/06 at 5:21 pm

Nally, I think the question here is.. why not..?

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/18/06 at 5:22 pm

Is that so??

But Shakira is a famous person (she's well-known all over the world), whereas Jimminy is only famous here around the boards.

I don't think I'll ever change my shakira avatar or my userID, because that might confuse some many folks.

I'd be confused :P

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 5:23 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SSSHHHHHHHH!  That was on a need to know basis and these people did NOT need to know that! >:( ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 5:31 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SSSHHHHHHHH!  That was on a need to know basis and these people did NOT need to know that! >:( ;)

Don't worry, I won't tell them about your trip to Atlanta. :-X ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 5:32 pm

Don't worry, I won't tell them about your trip to Atlanta. :-X ;D

Well now the cats out of the bag. >:(  Besides, we were just site seeing.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/18/06 at 5:40 pm

Captain Chunk saves the day!  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/18/06 at 5:42 pm

Older members will remember my old incarnations Full_House_Fan and DevoRule.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:42 pm

Nally, I think the question here is.. why not..?

People would think he's Jimmy.It's confusing.

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:43 pm

Older members will remember my old incarnations Full_House_Fan and DevoRule.

Ahh... so you're that guy. Welcome back, dude!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/18/06 at 5:44 pm

Ahh... so you're that guy. Welcome back, dude!

Thank you :)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 5:44 pm

People would think he's Jimmy.It's confusing.

Confusion can be a good thing.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:45 pm

Hey,It's Jacks. ;D

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:47 pm

Hey,It's Jacks. ;D

Wait a minute, no. That's an imposter. It's Odyssey posing as jacks!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/18/06 at 5:48 pm

Odyssey would NEVER do such a thing!  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 5:49 pm

Odyssey would NEVER do such a thing!  ;D

How do YOU know??  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:49 pm

Jacks posing as Jimmy.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/18/06 at 5:49 pm

How do YOU know??  ;D

i dont?  ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 5:49 pm

Hey baby, I was thinking about that time we spent in Atlanta.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:50 pm

How'd you do that? :o

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/18/06 at 5:51 pm

You guys are a wierd combination of strange and funny all rolled into one.....

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 5:52 pm

Oh yeah, the historic motel tour was the best part! :-*

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 5:53 pm

How'd you do that? :o

How?  Let's see, you get in a car and drive to Atlanta............we both live only a few hours away from Atlanta.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/06 at 5:54 pm

How?  Let's see, you get in a car and drive to Atlanta............we both live only a few hours away from Atlanta.

I'm confused.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 5:54 pm

I'm confused.

You're not the only one

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/06 at 6:03 pm

For once, I'm not confused.  ;)

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 6:13 pm

Jacks posing as Jimmy.

Trust me, I can tell. Look at the "Post member photos with necessary comments only" thread; most of us know that Andrea (Odyssey) started that one.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 6:48 pm

ok, so Chrissy is Jimmy, Andrea is Chrissy...

Can I be Marsh?!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 6:53 pm

ok, so Chrissy is Jimmy, Andrea is Chrissy...

Can I be Marsh?!

Sure!  Just change your name to YWN or Sheth Shady... we can make this the Land of Confusion for a day. ;D

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 7:02 pm

Sure!  Just change your name to YWN or Sheth Shady... we can make this the Land of Confusion for a day. ;D

Why not wait until April 1st to do that? ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/18/06 at 7:06 pm

HAHA! THIS IS BUGGING THE HELL OUT OF YOU ISN'T IT?! AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT WHATSOEVER!!!11

MUUUAHAHAHA!!!11oneoneone

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 7:07 pm

we should all become jacks tomorrow for one day  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 7:11 pm

I'm Marsh!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/18/06 at 7:13 pm

I'm Marsh!

;D Wait until he sees this...

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 7:21 pm

;D Wait until he sees this...

"Who's that? My past alter-ego, huh?!"

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 7:22 pm

we should all become jacks tomorrow for one day   :D

just like you did with RubixGirl on Sept 20th of last year?  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/18/06 at 7:23 pm

just like you did with RubixGirl on Sept 20th of last year?   ;D

Badfinger fan was one of the people who did that...?  ??? Nah, he wasn't even around then, was he?

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 7:23 pm

Jeff... you should familiarize yourself with the term "spontaneous". :)

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 7:24 pm

Badfinger fan was one of the people who did that...?  ??? Nah, he wasn't even around then, was he?

No...he wasn't...but I do remember some folks who were around then did.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 7:26 pm

It appears so  :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 7:27 pm

Why do you remember the date??

Written By: YWN on 01/18/06 at 7:33 pm

I'm Marsh!

...yeah, nice custom title there Marsh.

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 7:37 pm

Because it's very important to remember every detail of your life.

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 7:37 pm

Well, you know me and dates.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 7:38 pm

good lookin out Beth. I wasn't here then, don't know the RubixGirl thing, dont care too. but I'm going on 2 months soon, and have had 3 avatars and may have a 4th soon    8)

where did that come from nally?    

:\'(  :\'(   why does this keep happening to me?      ;D  I have already been investigated, cleared, and exonerated  of any shenanigans.  

Written By: nally on 01/18/06 at 7:40 pm

good lookin out Beth. I wasn't here then, don't know the RubixGirl thing, dont care too. but I'm going on 2 months soon, and have had 3 avatars and may have a 4th soon    8) where did that come from nally?    

:\'(  :\'(   why does this keep happening to me?      ;D  I have already been investigated, cleared, and exonerated of any shenanigans.  

You didn't do anything. ;) ;D O0

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 7:46 pm

I would never assume the identity of another member  ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 7:46 pm

OMG.... ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 7:47 pm

...yeah, nice custom title there Marsh.

I was too lazy to do anything else

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 7:47 pm

You didn't do anything. ;) ;D O0
I know Jeff, and thank you for acknowledging that, I was just pretending to be dramatic. I am not satisfied with my avatar and may try to find the one the best represents me.  But I do like my Badfinger Apple CD emblem.
rule #1  (trust no one)   DNA tests have proven my innocence of any prior activity.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 8:46 pm

Me neither.  :P

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/18/06 at 8:47 pm

..AaaH! That confused me at first.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 8:47 pm

LUKE?!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 8:47 pm

LUKE?!
Andy.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 8:52 pm

Andy.  :D

ANDREW?!

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/06 at 11:39 pm

I have to admit, it's confusing to see someone you've known for so long as X all of a sudden change their name to Y.  For example, I've always known Dagwood as such, it would be weird for me to see her as anyone else.  It wouldn't be a big deal, it would just take some getting used to (and I'd STILL probably call her Dagwood ;))

Don't worry, I won't change my name.  It would confuse me, too.  Heck, I just got used to you being crazymom. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/18/06 at 11:51 pm

Don't worry, I won't change my name.  It would confuse me, too.  Heck, I just got used to you being crazymom. ;D
hey Dagwood, nice avatar if it's Bon Jovi, they are touring right now and should be here in bay area in the next month or 2, I think. It looks like a young Jon Bon Jovi.

Written By: karen on 01/19/06 at 4:26 am

HAHA! THIS IS BUGGING THE HELL OUT OF YOU ISN'T IT?! AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT WHATSOEVER!!!11

MUUUAHAHAHA!!!11oneoneone

Beth

Can I suggest you re-read Tam's post in this thread and then think about what you are writing to some people.

Written By: nally on 01/19/06 at 10:23 am

hey Dagwood, nice avatar if it's Bon Jovi, they are touring right now and should be here in bay area in the next month or 2, I think. It looks like a young Jon Bon Jovi.

Yes I do believe that is Jon Bon Jovi. 8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/06 at 10:27 am

Yes I do believe that is Jon Bon Jovi. 8)
thanks, must be an earlier pic of him. So you will remain loyal to Shakira Jeff?

Written By: nally on 01/19/06 at 10:41 am

thanks, must be an earlier pic of him. So you will remain loyal to Shakira Jeff?

Yep. I don't wanna change it anytime in the near future, for if I did, it might confuse some people.

Besides, when I was browsing through the avatars while editing my profile for the first time, that looked like the best one to me. I wasn't gonna go to the trouble of uploading a picture or using one from another site.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/19/06 at 10:54 am

Arr.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/19/06 at 11:20 am

Arr.  ;)

that's a beautiful pic of the ship...love the sky in that pic. ;)

Written By: nally on 01/19/06 at 12:33 pm

Yeah, I think that picture is lovely too. 8)

http://cozumel-mexico-vacation.com/pirate-ship-sunsets.jpg

Just posting it in my message here so that in case he changes it again, I'll have it to look at.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/19/06 at 12:36 pm

that's a beautiful pic of the ship...love the sky in that pic. ;)

Thank ye' matey.  ;D

Yeah, I think that picture is lovely too. 8)

Just posting it in my message here so that in case he changes it again, I'll have it to look at.

I'll keep it jes' fer you, Jeff.  ;) ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/06 at 12:38 pm

Is that One Eye'd Willie's ship?

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/19/06 at 12:55 pm

Is that One Eye'd Willie's ship?

Nah.

Although interestingly that ship in the Goonies was actually a sea-faring vessel. The production crew even offered to give it away to anyone who volunteered and could give it a good home. Noone offered.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/06 at 1:37 pm

Arr.  ;)

Arrgh, Matey. She be a pretty caravel.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:36 pm

After 4 years,I've never changed my avatar once. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/06 at 2:50 pm

After 4 years,I've never changed my avatar once. ;D

You should get a photo of youreself as you are today, in that same exact pose as your current avatar  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:53 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/06 at 2:54 pm

How do I go about doing that?

Wear that same suit, in that same location, and stand in that exact same pose  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:59 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/20/06 at 12:17 am

after 6 weeks I'm still not settled, this 4th one may be the ticket

Written By: nally on 01/20/06 at 12:36 am

That's Beavis from Beavis & Butt Head, right?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/20/06 at 12:38 am

That's Beavis from Beavis & Butt Head, right?
yeah, thats Beavis in his alter-ego personna Cornholio after he's ingested too much sugar & caffeine he turns into conrholio until it wears off,

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/20/06 at 1:47 am

I AM CORNHOLIO!  I NEED TEEPEE FOR MY BUNGHOLE!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/20/06 at 2:09 am

I AM CORNHOLIO!  I NEED TEEPEE FOR MY BUNGHOLE!
ARE YOU THREATENING ME?  now that's good television

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/20/06 at 2:10 am

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?  now that's good television

Beavis and Butt-head is one of the things I miss most about the 1990s.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/20/06 at 2:20 am

Beavis and Butt-head is one of the things I miss most about the 1990s.
I got old 2-3 old VHS tapes from the original MTV, but the commercials are on it, so I will put the DVDs on my birthday list, if anyone needs an idea  ;D 

Written By: YWN on 01/20/06 at 8:08 am

It's Abbey Road!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/20/06 at 10:10 am

It's Abbey Road!
which one is you?

Written By: YWN on 01/20/06 at 1:10 pm

which one is you?

I'm John Lennon...or should I say...HITLER!?

....OR JESUS CHRIST!!?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/20/06 at 1:29 pm

I'm John Lennon...or should I say...HITLER!?

....OR JESUS CHRIST!!?

Yeah and I'm Elvis.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/20/06 at 2:28 pm

Avatar changes don't bother me as much as Avatar changes with a new name. Some of them have taken me days to figure out (even working these conundrums into my dreams - that shouldn't happen, you know!).

I don't really let it get to me that much, as I'm up to changes and stuff, but sometimes I just don't know who I'm talking to and feel sort of out in the dark because of it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/20/06 at 2:31 pm

Avatar changes don't bother me as much as Avatar changes with a new name. Some of them have taken me days to figure out (even working these conundrums into my dreams - that shouldn't happen, you know!).

I don't really let it get to me that much, as I'm up to changes and stuff, but sometimes I just don't know who I'm talking to and feel sort of out in the dark because of it.

Well, I won't change again, if that means anything to you :)  I'm Darko forever!

Written By: Howard on 01/20/06 at 2:35 pm

Well, I won't change again, if that means anything to you :)  I'm Darko forever!

I'll be Howard forever. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...