inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You Punks Kids Stay Off My Forum!!!

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 8:57 am

I was reading through some posts, and I came across this by Tam:

OK - here goes:
I will probably get slammed for this but what the heck!

I am sick of ignorant people like the children that are over-running this board and force feeding me their views and opinions.

Not everyone agrees with you nor do they support you! Get over yourselves. If you want out so bad then get the hell out of here! No one is forcing you to come back and the simple fact that you are trying to get banned shows that you are the attention whore you say you aren't!!!

My apologies to those who had to read this.

Now, the few people who read this and responded seemed to agree. They were all adult users. However, I find that "children" over-running this board and force-feeding views and opinions is a bit of an untruth.

I've never seen a younger user "force" an opinion onto anyone... I also wouldn't see the teens as "over-running".. that seems almost to compare us to an infestation. Sure, there are a few bad eggs among the group.. shoot, there are quite a few adults over the years that have been problems. For the most part, I think the younger users are fairly respectful.. sure, we have our times where we break into clique-humor, we get into fights.. Hell, the adults do the same thing from time to time! We're all guilty at some point, it's all about looking past that to truly enjoy the forum.

Just callin' it from a teen's perspective.  ;)

What's your take on all this?

Subject: Re: You Punks Kids Stay Off My Forum!!!

Written By: karen on 11/29/05 at 9:08 am

I missed a lot of what happened because it seemed to blow up over the weekend (the stuff with a group of you) and then overnight (my time) all the Justin stuff.  However it seems to me that all of the recent threadjacking to make some point has been done by the younger members.  The fact that there have been two seprate things in the past couple of days both of which were started and continued by the younger people (on the whole) is probably what sparked Tams post.

When other people have had arguments they have been told to cool it and generally that then happens.  It just doesn't seem to have in this case.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:11 am

^ Looking at that, I don't remember seeing any "cool it".. Tia kinda tried to make peace, but it got buried.. with Justin, it started out with "What the f--k, man?" and namecalling.. although his actions over-took then entire PPP.

The other fights were interupted but never dealt with, really.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/29/05 at 9:12 am

My take on this is.... Tam was only stating HER opinion. Like your friend Justin did ALL over the forums. Justin then proceded to get angry with people telling him to knock it off, and felt they were jumping into a debate with him. No one was jumping into a debate with him. He was all over

Written By: jackas on 11/29/05 at 9:13 am

I'm agreeing with karen that Tam was probably talking about the events of the past few days, but you're right, that is not how her post sounded.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:14 am

I remember hearing ^^ about the Ignore Function, but I heard it was just a myth.. never existed.

I figured Tam was talking about ^ the past few days... but her title made it appear as though she felt there were a problem with children in general on the site.

Written By: karen on 11/29/05 at 9:15 am

^ Looking at that, I don't remember seeing any "cool it".. Tia kinda tried to make peace, but it got buried.. with Justin, it started out with "What the f--k, man?" and namecalling.. although his actions over-took then entire PPP.

In the Alright, Screw This thread

Written By: jackas on 11/29/05 at 9:17 am

My take on this is.... Tam was only stating HER opinion. Like your friend Justin did ALL over the forums. Justin then proceded to get angry with people telling him to knock it off, and felt they were jumping into a debate with him. No one was jumping into a debate with him. He was all over

Written By: karen on 11/29/05 at 9:18 am

I remember hearing ^^ about the Ignore Function, but I heard it was just a myth.. never existed.

The ignore function works only on your PM's I think.  you can set a list in your User Profile

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/29/05 at 9:21 am

In the Alright, Screw This thread

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/29/05 at 9:23 am

I was reading through some posts, and I came across this by Tam:

What's your take on all this?

I thought that was kind of an "overly broad" statement too. I've always had the mindset of, deal with the actions of the individual, not something like how young or old they are (which nobody can help. Like I always say, everyone is different).

The only rational explanation I can think of is, maybe she didn't see the "spam" threads in their entirety, and/or didn't know the extent of the situation (i.e. that it was just him solely trying to cause trouble and getting p_ssed off in an attempt to get banned).

It was a very "blink and you'll miss it" thing. However, even though it caught me completely off guard, I caught on pretty quick.

As far as the original "going off topic in a thread" argument goes - I think people should be able to do that within reason in most threads (I tried not to at first myself, but once I got used to how this board worked, I was cool with it and warmed up to it. Today I have a tendency to do it too - I just let someone else start, LOL. The only exceptions are a more "serious" thread).

Written By: gemini on 11/29/05 at 9:31 am

I'm not going to try to explain what Tam posted. That will have to be answered by Tam herself. But, my reply in agreement with her post, had to do with the whole incident over the past couple of days. Also, the fact that there are ways of dealing with someone you're in a disagreement with, other than bashing them on the board, over and over again.  The stuff with nally was and is just mean spirited and cruel. If you guys have a problem with him, then there is the PM function.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:32 am

As far as the original "going off topic in a thread" argument goes - I think people should be able to do that within reason in most threads (I tried not to at first myself, but once I got used to how this board worked, I was cool with it and warmed up to it. Today I have a tendency to do it too - I just let someone else start, LOL. The only exceptions are a more "serious" thread).

I can understand if it were a serious thread, but a bit of lighthearted joking and such in most threads does no harm.. things have a way of naturally getting back on-topic, nagging only puts people off to actually being serious, I think.

There's also a fine line between telling people to get on-topic and telling people their threads should be delted because they don't have topics.. one or two topicless-threads is NOT the end of the world, and there's no need to keep talking about how the threads need taken down. That's where I draw my line.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:33 am

Also, the fact that there are ways of dealing with someone you're in a disagreement with, other than bashing them on the board, over and over again.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/29/05 at 9:36 am

I can understand if it were a serious thread, but a bit of lighthearted joking and such in most threads does no harm.. things have a way of naturally getting back on-topic, nagging only puts people off to actually being serious, I think.

There's also a fine line between telling people to get on-topic and telling people their threads should be delted because they don't have topics.. one or two topicless-threads is NOT the end of the world, and there's no need to keep talking about how the threads need taken down. That's where I draw my line.

I agree 100%. Just wondering ('cause I don't know about the initial argument from Justin towards Jeff), was Jeff getting annoyed at people going off topic? Is that how it started?

I've only known him to be a nice guy, but I can see how that could get on people's nerves, if he did it consistantly.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:39 am

I agree 100%. Just wondering ('cause I don't know about the initial argument from Justin towards Jeff), was Jeff getting annoyed at people going off topic? Is that how it started?

I've only known him to be a nice guy, but I can see how that could get on people's nerves, if he did it consistantly.

I never really talked to Jeff a whole lot before the Becks thread.. we had a few exchanges, but never went beyond 4-5 posts in discussion length. But I heard from others that he tended to tell people to get back on-topic a lot. And being told to get off your tangent often spoils a lot of good fun.

If you read the Becks Birthday thread, you'll see that he periodically comes in and talks about how the thread needs to be re-named, and eventually abandons that and switches to the thread being entirely deleted.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/29/05 at 9:41 am

Going "Off Topic" doesn't bother me in the bit. It can get funny at times.

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 9:46 am

Going "Off Topic" doesn't bother me in the bit. It can get funny at times.  ;)

But what Justin did was not going "Off Topic". He flat out bashed Nally to the point of impersonating him. Thats taking it to the EXTREME. It was flat out MEAN and uncalled for. No one would like that done to them. He also SPAMMED the board to let EVERYBODY know how he felt about it. That is an ATTENTION WHORE. He NEVER got banned for his actions, and all he did, was manage to upset other members. Sure he may have took it upon himself last night to act alone. But there were a few others involved in the beginning, and maybe thats what Tam is referring to.

About going off topic... it's okay to do sometimes, but to take it to the point where the thread starts to take on a life of its own, that can be confusing (for lack of a better word). :-\\ Sometimes I do that on the "Person Above Me" thread.

And having been a long-time member here, I agree with you about him being disrespectful to me. I want this place to be a welcoming environment.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:53 am

But what Justin did was not going "Off Topic". He flat out bashed Nally to the point of impersonating him. Thats taking it to the EXTREME. It was flat out MEAN and uncalled for. No one would like that done to them. He also SPAMMED the board to let EVERYBODY know how he felt about it. That is an ATTENTION WHORE. He NEVER got banned for his actions, and all he did, was manage to upset other members. Sure he may have took it upon himself last night to act alone. But there were a few others involved in the beginning, and maybe thats what Tam is referring to.

Yes, I agree. I was just saying the "Off-Topic" thing is what bothered some people.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/05 at 10:08 am

I took the "children" in Tam's post to mean "those who were acting like children", not necessarily the younger members......

I agree with that. There are many "older" members who seem to me like children and some younger members who seem very mature. Age has nothing to do with it.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 10:18 am

I took the "children" in Tam's post to mean "those who were acting like children", not necessarily the younger members......

Then I would have said "immature members" or "members acting like children"... it makes things a lot more clear.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/29/05 at 11:30 am

I just think that it was a statement off of the top of her head, not meaning ALL of the younger teens on the board, just the one(s) who like to cause trouble, etc.

To think that all of this would have been spared, had the Becks thread just be left alone and let the few who enjoy participating in that thread, remain there....yes, the thread may not appeal to some members....but it goes back to the little statement that I follow myself: If you don't like a thread or don't agree with something in it or the conversation....then just DO NOT post in it...it's very simple.

The few members who post there were upset that Jeff kept making a big deal about the thread itself...and the locking of the thread was kind of the "last straw" or so to speak.  I do not condone the fact that Jeff and other members were made fun of, etc...that was a very wrong approach on their part.

The moral of the story is...people should just mind their own business and not try to report stuff so much and not get so uptight over little, trivial things. If it makes someone happy to continuously post in a "Becks birthday thread"....than...so what..let them have their fun. There are literally hundreds of other threads on this forum that DON'T have anything to do with Becks, etc...and besides, people used to bitch before about the teens going off topic in numerous threads, etc...but ever since this Becks thread came about, it seemed like they tended to hang out there more often with their inside jokes, or whatever they wanted to talk about. I didn't see anything wrong with the thread, and it was made a big deal one too many times by Jeff....that is what first got everyone in an uproar.

Like I said before though, I don't agree with making fun of someone, posting photoshopped pictures, etc...and what Justin did was just over the top, and it really didn't make too much sense...especially whenever he brought people who had NOTHING to do with anything into the mix of rude comments (Henk and Marty McFly)

Well....that's my two cents on the issue.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 11:45 am

Yeah, I see your point.....I use "children" alot when I'm talking to adults that are getting out of hand.....it's easier than saying "those of you who are acting like children"....in fact, I just used it on Thanksgiving when hubby and his sisters were nitpicking at each other ;)

Ah, I see... kind of a more.. sarcastic (For lack of a better word) sense.

Sarcasm like that is hard to spot online.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/29/05 at 11:53 am

All this over a thread? I never even looked at the Becks birthday thread. To be honest, I thought they just wanted the party to last a long time  ;D

Why not create a NEW thread? How about its Heinkens birthday or its Coors birthday. Heck it could even be my birthday  :D

I'll tell ya what. You guys can thread drift all ya want in my threads.  ;) Don't bother me. I know some funny stuff can come out of those drifts. 

Heres how I see it, if its a serious thread then people should try to stay on topic. But if its a goofy thread , I see no harm in getting silly. Thats what we are all here for. If I wanted to be 'SERIOUS' I would be in the politic forum or another message board that only dealt with serious issues.

I think people tend to take message boards to seriously anyways. I always thought it was suppose to be  a place to escape from the REAL WORLD and have fun.......

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 11:59 am

All this over a thread? I never even looked at the Becks birthday thread. To be honest, I thought they just wanted the party to last a long time

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 12:12 pm

Sigh.. it's NOT about the thread.

It's about the fact that when Jeff complained enough, a thread that did nothing wrong got deleted.

We think that's wrong, and we don't wanna have a forum that does it.

So we're taking a stand.

We might get banned in the process, so we're preparing.

Can you really blame Jeff for complaining about it?  With subject lines like "Re: JEFF LIKES THE PENIS! (haha, just joking) " that's just not appropriate, even if you are joking

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/29/05 at 12:14 pm

Sigh.. it's NOT about the thread.

It's about the fact that when Jeff complained enough, a thread that did nothing wrong got deleted.

We think that's wrong, and we don't wanna have a forum that does it.

So we're taking a stand.

We might get banned in the process, so we're preparing.

Ok, if there was nothing WRONG in the thread, I don't see why it should be deleted or locked down. I agree with ya on that. I don't think people should abuse the 'complaint' button on something that trivial.  BUT, if more then one person complained about said thread, then I can see it being shut down. Do I make any sense?  How do you know it was only Jeff?

Like Quirk said, If ya don't like the topic of the thread, or the material inside of the thread, DON'T POST IN IT! Its very simple.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 12:16 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 12:23 pm

That was ONCE, as a joke.. I've taken much worse jokes on this site.. if he can't take ONE joke, that's his issue.

Not everyone takes things like that in a joking manner. 

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 12:39 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 12:44 pm

Then they need to learn social skills and stop PMS-ing about every single joke directed at them.

Yes, but why direct jokes at their expense in the first place?

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 12:46 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 12:53 pm

Because it's for humor.. didn't you ever do that as a boy/young man/punk kid? You make some crazy allegation at your friend, and he makes up sh-t about you.. like this:

Sure, I did that sort of thing, but that's just it .. I was a kid when I did that kind of stuff.  Now as an adult, I wouldn't say stuff like that

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 12:54 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 1:01 pm

Well, you took it in humor then, right?

If you can't taken in humor NOW, that means you've digressed in maturity. Sure, you might not SAY it as much, but to no longer take it in that same humor.. you've lost something if that's the case.

I honestly didn't find it all that funny.  Maybe 20 years ago, I would have laughed at it, but now jokes like that are juvenille.  Just my two cents

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 1:05 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 1:59 pm

Ok, if there was nothing WRONG in the thread, I don't see why it should be deleted or locked down. I agree with ya on that. I don't think people should abuse the 'complaint' button on something that trivial.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 2:12 pm

Look all....i am extremely sorry if my complaining about the "becks" thread bothered you guys; I just didn't see any legitimate reason for it to be alive for so long. :-\\ :-[ (Being that it was started on halloween, the day that an inactive member named Beck(s) was a year older.) I was not attempting to complain; I was just trying to express my feelings about it. In addtion, various things have bothered me over the years; often times I have been uncertain as to how to handle it.

It's cool, man... it wasn't intended to be a legitimate thread with legitimate reasoning.. it was all a big joke that we kept going.. similar to the "Bump Me!" thread.. it wasn't about this inactive user, about keeping chaos.. it was just a joke.

Don't sweat it now, though.. it's cool. Sorry if I said anything that offended you.

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 2:15 pm

It's cool, man... it wasn't intended to be a legitimate thread with legitimate reasoning.. it was all a big joke that we kept going.. similar to the "Bump Me!" thread.. it wasn't about this inactive user, about keeping chaos.. it was just a joke.

Don't sweat it now, though.. it's cool. Sorry if I said anything that offended you.

Ok. it's just that when I see titles of certain threads, i take it to imply that the thread is about whatever it says in the title. I tend to interpret lots of things literally. :-\\

About the "Bump me" thread...I'm just not interested in that whatsoever; that's why I have never touched it or have any desire to.

Written By: Climber on 11/29/05 at 2:23 pm

Wow, way to centralize on one aspect of the thread that makes it seem terrible.

That was ONCE, as a joke.. I've taken much worse jokes on this site.. if he can't take ONE joke, that's his issue.

Then they need to learn social skills and stop PMS-ing about every single joke directed at them.

Maybe people should take a hint, and not make jokes about others who are sensitive about it.  If people are so into joking, they should do it with/about the others who have the same mindset, and leave out the people who don't like it.

Written By: Climber on 11/29/05 at 2:27 pm

Because it's for humor.. didn't you ever do that as a boy/young man/punk kid? You make some crazy allegation at your friend, and he makes up sh-t about you.. like this:

1. I like ham pizza.
2. I'LL KILL YOU!
1. What? I just like ham on pizza.
2. That's only because you're a homosexual.
1. Yeah? Well you pay fat, ugly transvestite prostitutes to spank you.

And stuff like that... it's just playful mockery. If I'd have MEANT anything, you'd know it. It'd be a Hell of a lot meaner, and they'd be no (haha, just joking).

As you said above, you do it with your friends, who who do the same thing back to you.  To you and your friends, it is joking.  To someone who does not like it, and does not participate in it themselves, it's just mean spirited and cruel.  And juvenile.  Hence, the "children" comment.

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 2:29 pm

As you said above, you do it with your friends, who who do the same thing back to you.

Written By: Climber on 11/29/05 at 2:31 pm

Wow, way to centralize on one aspect of the thread that makes it seem terrible.

I read some of the thread, and for the most part, what I saw was not bad.

Written By: Tam on 11/29/05 at 2:49 pm

OK - here goes:
I will probably get slammed for this but what the heck!

I am sick of ignorant people like the children that are over-running this board and force feeding me their views and opinions.

Not everyone agrees with you nor do they support you! Get over yourselves. If you want out so bad then get the hell out of here! No one is forcing you to come back and the simple fact that you are trying to get banned shows that you are the attention whore you say you aren't!!!

My apologies to those who had to read this.

I've said my piece.

I did in fact mean "those who are acting like children" Kim and I thank you for that clarification.

The only reason I became so enraged was because no matter your age - whether playing/joking or what have you - it is always the weaker people who get picked on. Not everyone understands or has the same humour, so we cannot assume that everyone will take things jokingly.

All people are welcome on these boards correct? ALL PEOPLE
How can we assume that everyone fully understands each other?
Do you know if I am developmentally challenged or not?
How do I know if you are or aren't?
Do we know who else on these boards is or isn't?
Do we know who has the mental capacity to understand these so-called jokes?
Or do we just take it for granted?
Do we normally prey on people in the real world like we do on these boards?
Or do we just take pleasure in doing said preying from the security of our rooms?

Because of my interactions with challenged people etc. I will ALWAYS defend the person I see as being the weaker one.
That also means if I have to choose between friends who are preying and the weak ones who are being hurt - I choose the weak.
Overpowering others is not funny - it is plain ignorant!

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 3:23 pm

Do we normally prey on people in the real world like we do on these boards?
Overpowering others is not funny - it is plain ignorant!

You make it seem like such a crime to defend yourself when somebody does something you disagree with or when somebody pisses you off. I would never go and pick on somebody.. but when I feel attacked, I defend.

Also, define "overpowering"... I'm not sure what this means.

Written By: Tam on 11/29/05 at 3:33 pm

o

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 4:01 pm

o

Written By: Tam on 11/29/05 at 4:06 pm

Would you say, however, there are times that one person's argument is simply more persuasive? It's not really bullying, per se, it's simply being able to defend one's own point to such a powerful degree that the other person's arguments don't really make sense anymore.

Ok - I will give you that.

However, name calling and ridicule is not being persuasive is it?

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/29/05 at 4:10 pm

I'll clarify,

Nally was pissing me and other people off, so we told it like it was in a 'F-U-C-K Y-O-U' style.

Justin decided to be a twat, but then again, what's new.

Cheerio

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 4:13 pm

What's this all about,I just arrived now.  ???

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 2:38 pm

What's this all about,I just arrived now.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/30/05 at 2:54 pm

Some craaaaazy stuff has been going down lately. The BECKS thread got locked, and several users (including myself) took a stand against unnecessary thread deleting and whatnot... Justin (The Pirate Fetus, Djork, Frozenfire, etc.) decided to try to get banned by flooding the forum with spam... any time a slight argument breaks out, sides seem to form automatically... there is always a victim and a group that attacked...

It's insane, really.

I've been watching from the sidelines with confusion(on occasion), but I'm usually confused anyway.

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 3:00 pm

I've been watching from the sidelines with confusion(on occasion), but I'm usually confused anyway.

You don't wanna be part, trust me.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/30/05 at 3:06 pm

You don't wanna be part, trust me.

I know I don't want to be part of it, I just read abit of it and wondered what was going on. There has definetly been more hostility on this message board lately, usually to the extend of what it is like on a political type thread.

I do usually stay out of things like this myself, no need to be on one side or the other.
:)

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 3:14 pm

I know I don't want to be part of it, I just read abit of it and wondered what was going on. There has definetly been more hostility on this message board lately, usually to the extend of what it is like on a political type thread.

I do usually stay out of things like this myself, no need to be on one side or the other.
:)

Way to be, man, way to be.

I KNOW somebody had to have noticed the increased hostility.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 3:34 pm

Some craaaaazy stuff has been going down lately. The BECKS thread got locked, and several users (including myself) took a stand against unnecessary thread deleting and whatnot... Justin (The Pirate Fetus, Djork, Frozenfire, etc.) decided to try to get banned by flooding the forum with spam... any time a slight argument breaks out, sides seem to form automatically... there is always a victim and a group that attacked...

It's insane, really.

This place has been getting out of hand. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 4:10 pm

This place has been getting out of hand. ::)

I agree. Some people REALLY need to get of their high horses and learn what a joke is. (This isn't directed at as many people as you'd think, just a few.. if you're reading this, you probably aren't one of them)..

And then a few of us maybe need to stick to our circles.

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/30/05 at 4:24 pm

Well, it seems like Justin's gone. Don't know if he got banned after all... :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 4:48 pm

Well, it seems like Justin's gone. Don't know if he got banned after all... :-\\

His account still here?

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 4:49 pm

What happened to him?

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 4:50 pm

I'll clarify,

Nally was pissing me and other people off, so we told it like it was in a 'F-U-C-K Y-O-U' style.

Justin decided to be a twat, but then again, what's new.

Cheerio

I didn't think I was ticking anybody off; I never mean to do anything of that nature. :-[ Whatever it was, I'm sorry already.

jeff

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 4:53 pm

What happened to him?

Not sure. :-\\ But I guess all of his posts were deleted.

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 4:55 pm

Not sure. :-\\ But I guess all of his posts were deleted.

ALL of them? Or just the spam flood posts?

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 5:10 pm

ALL of them? Or just the spam flood posts?

Well...I do notice that lots of threads have fewer replies than I remember.

I tried to see if I could find any of his posts, to see whether or not his account was still around, but no such luck. :-\\

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 5:15 pm

Well...I do notice that lots of threads have fewer replies than I remember.

I tried to see if I could find any of his posts, to see whether or not his account was still around, but no such luck. :-\\

Sure enough, his account's gone too. I tried searching for it on the Memberlist, not there.

I guess the mods finally booted him.

Written By: alyceclover on 11/30/05 at 6:21 pm

What was that old saying about if you don't like the record, you pick up the needle and move it to another groove? Or, no one of any age is able to "force feed" me their opinions, just move on to another post if I don't care for a message....I get a lot of laughs from the, um, "children" on these boards.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/30/05 at 6:51 pm

Just for the record, who was Justin? And what was his screenname?

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 7:34 pm

I didn't think I was ticking anybody off; I never mean to do anything of that nature. :-[ Whatever it was, I'm sorry already.

jeff

From what I saw, I don't think you ticked him off.  I think he just has issues

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:12 pm

Sure enough, his account's gone too. I tried searching for it on the Memberlist, not there.

I guess the mods finally booted him.

Oooh, I know how to confirm! I'll check my PMs!

Yep, PMs from him appear as "Frozenfire", from a guest.

He got the boot.

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:12 pm

What was that old saying about if you don't like the record, you pick up the needle and move it to another groove? Or, no one of any age is able to "force feed" me their opinions, just move on to another post if I don't care for a message....I get a lot of laughs from the, um, "children" on these boards.

That's my philosophy.. although if it's REALLY bad, I'll say something.

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:13 pm

Just for the record, who was Justin? And what was his screenname?

He was Frozenfire, though he frequently changed his name. If you'd have seen him, he'd be either "Manly Man" or "The Pirate Fetus" since you've been around more.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/30/05 at 8:13 pm

Oooh, I know how to confirm! I'll check my PMs!

Yep, PMs from him appear as "Frozenfire", from a guest.

He got the boot.

:(

That kinda.. sucks. I think he'll be happy to know this, though. Last night he was all "DID I GET BANNED YET?!?"

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:16 pm

That kinda.. sucks. I think he'll be happy to know this, though. Last night he was all "DID I GET BANNED YET?!?"

I told him at church.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/30/05 at 8:34 pm

It's also not a joke or funny if it hurts someone.

I missed the bruhaha, but I agree with this 100%.

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 10:00 pm

He was Frozenfire, though he frequently changed his name. If you'd have seen him, he'd be either "Manly Man" or "The Pirate Fetus" since you've been around more.

Ah yes...Frozenfire. That musta been his original name. I know he had lots of different "displayed" names, but I wasn't sure which one was his original.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/01/05 at 4:02 am

Okay - Pirate Fetus is the one I was most familiar with. I don't recall the other names. Even though Pirate fetus sounds disgusting, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when I saw it. It just made no sense at all, but it still cracked me up from time to time.. it's too bad he's banned.. I don't remember seeing or reading any really bad posts from him..

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/01/05 at 4:04 am

Okay - Pirate Fetus is the one I was most familiar with. I don't recall the other names. Even though Pirate fetus sounds disgusting, I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when I saw it. It just made no sense at all, but it still cracked me up from time to time.. it's too bad he's banned.. I don't remember seeing or reading any really bad posts from him..
His sudden outburst/ban caught me out of the blue. I actually thought of him to be a very funny, down to earth sort of guy (and maybe he is), and I've never seen any mention of him hating this place before.  ??? :-\\

Written By: karen on 12/01/05 at 4:09 am

[quote author=

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/01/05 at 6:47 am

[quote author=

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/01/05 at 12:18 pm

Yeah, it did happen pretty suddenly. "Blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing.

Thought I'd also say, even though what he did was uncalled for, I'm glad to have at least made him...maybe not "happier" but slightly less angry with me the other night. I don't like to part on bad terms and it's not my nature to get angry, even if someone is p*ssed off at me.

I always try to see other people's side of things and compromise - I guess it's all part of my Liberal "can't we all just get along" philosophy. :)

P.S. If ever he'd said to me in passing, "Dude, would ya cut down on all the 80's stuff?" I wouldn't have minded (although it would make me try to word some of my posts alot more carefully, LOL).

I am sorry to hear you were sort of at the brunt of the lashings from Prirate Fetus/Justin. I didn't have a clue that anyone would want to get at you about something because you're one of the nicest people on here (if not the nicest). I guess everyone has got their bone to pick, but if it's as trivial as something about overdoing it on 80's stuff to someone who meant no harm, then I think they just need to let it go. It's not that big of a deal to blow up over. Again, it's just posting on a board, it isn't a way of life.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/01/05 at 12:26 pm

Way to be, man, way to be.

I KNOW somebody had to have noticed the increased hostility.

Although there were a couple of times that I jumped in on something(parody comments) that made me a target(one for defending a parody author who had been writing poop related parodies and another against a person who was attacking parodies based off of grunge era songs. I was joking with the person who used a name called "Grunge is dead", I have an original song by that name and jokingly said I should sue them for copyright, he/she took it personally).

Needless to say, I haven't done any of that lately, after those 2.

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 2:12 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 3:15 pm

He never really hated this place in the open, really.. but any time I would bring it up, he'd tell me how much it sucked.

If he hated this place so much, why did he keep coming back?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 3:16 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 3:18 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 3:19 pm

Maybe he was bored. ???

I doubt it.. he had many other things online he enjoyed more.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 3:21 pm

or Alcoholica?

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 3:25 pm

or Alcoholica?

No, Alchoholica was a different person.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 3:26 pm

No, Alchoholica was a different person.

So who were you talking about before?

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 3:55 pm

To think that all of this would have been spared, had the Becks thread just be left alone and let the few who enjoy participating in that thread, remain there....yes, the thread may not appeal to some members....but it goes back to the little statement that I follow myself: If you don't like a thread or don't agree with something in it or the conversation....then just DO NOT post in it...it's very simple.

I agree.  There are alot of BS threads lately.  I remember when I first signed up I used to read every new post in every thread.  Now I usually read two or three threads and that's it.  But I don't have a problem with the BS threads being there.  If I'm not interested I just don't read them.  I get a little irritated when people post a bunch of BS in a thread that is supposed to be serious... but I haven't seen much of that since jiminy.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:00 pm

Was it Pirate Fetus you were referring to?

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 4:02 pm

I don't much care for the BS threads.  It's gettign so they are taking over the PPP  :\'(

Written By: Morton on 12/01/05 at 4:02 pm

Was it Pirate Fetus you were referring to?

Yes

Pirate Fetus is was Justin

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:04 pm

Yes

Pirate Fetus is was Justin

Why did he get kicked off?

Written By: Morton on 12/01/05 at 4:05 pm

Why did he get kicked off?

Spamming the ppp with threads called HUIOFYIOICZYUIMRVCDTYUYYD^US%F^U& and stuff. He also insulted a few members (one which he later apologised for)

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:07 pm

Spamming the ppp with threads called HUIOFYIOICZYUIMRVCDTYUYYD^US%F^U& and stuff. He also insulted a few members (one which he later apologised for)

So,He's gone?

Written By: Morton on 12/01/05 at 4:09 pm

So,He's gone?

Apparently so. Or at least I haven't seen him

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:10 pm

Apparently so. Or at least I haven't seen him

Have you been keeping in touch?

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 4:11 pm

Ah yes, HUIOFYIOICZYUIMRVCDTYUYYD^US%F^U&.  I'd forgotten about that one.  I just remembered SGHREGJDRAGEG$#@G!RE and EWBEWGHRNDSDJGHLFTJTJVT%  ;D

Written By: Morton on 12/01/05 at 4:13 pm

Have you been keeping in touch?

???

I don't actually know Justin. In fact, I didn't really know Justin when he was a member here. I only spoke to him a couple of times. Andrew (Apricot) knows Justin in real life, but Andrew said Justin has been informed of his banning  :)

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 4:13 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Morton on 12/01/05 at 4:14 pm

I miss the days where it was just "Longest Thread Ever" and "BECKS Birthday".

Yep, last week was so cool.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:14 pm

Who else has gotten banned?

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 4:16 pm

Who else has gotten banned?

Since I've been here, these are all the bans, in order:

You (For a while, let back)
RARF
jiminy
CAPTAIN STUPID
Justin

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 4:19 pm

RARF
jiminy
CAPTAIN STUPID
Justin

Were jiminy and CAPTAIN STUPID not the same?

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 4:19 pm

I miss the days where it was just "Longest Thread Ever" and "BECKS Birthday".

Yep, last week was so cool.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 4:20 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 4:27 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/01/05 at 4:33 pm

RARF
jiminy
CAPTAIN STUPID
Justin

Has Alcholholica also been banned? I know he was trying to, but I don't know if his attempts worked out?

Written By: nally on 12/01/05 at 4:36 pm

Has Alcholholica also been banned? I know he was trying to, but I don't know if his attempts worked out?

No I think he just deleted his account. He did post a thread called "Cheerio" on Tuesday before going bye bye.

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 4:39 pm

IT was sad to see him delete his account, but what can ya do.  Members do come and go I s'pose  :\'(

Written By: nally on 12/01/05 at 6:22 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 6:27 pm

Which I find disturbing (for lack of a better word). From now on, if there ever comes a thread that doesn't appeal to me, I won't even touch it. (Even if it's another thread wishing an inactive member a HB.) That's all. :-X

I find them quite disturbing as well.  Plus, the inactive birthday ones are kind of unfair to the inactive member.  I mean that member might one day come back to find out other members were having fun at his/her expense  :(

Written By: nally on 12/01/05 at 6:30 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/01/05 at 6:31 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 6:41 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 7:08 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 8:24 pm

RARF
jiminy
CAPTAIN STUPID
Justin

Don't forget about Dave Brown and whatever other names he/she was using.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/01/05 at 8:29 pm

No I think he just deleted his account. He did post a thread called "Cheerio" on Tuesday before going bye bye.

I have a question, why do people continue to give these people the attention they want?

The reason I held off on banning a few of these people, is because they clearly couldn't gain attention any other way.  Of course after a while you're forced to ban them anyways because they're too disruptive.

I post on other forums, and there is nowhere near this amount of "Who left now" type of stuff on them.  It's really just strange. Maybe those places completely prevent the discussion in the first place.  I don't think it's because I'm banning people without any reason.  I've tried to avoid having to discuss every ban, but lately it seems like that's what people want.  I guess without a reason why, people just assume I randomly decided to ban so-and-so, because they never personally saw the negative behavoir that got them banned.  The only people who usually get banned without a warning, are the spammers, and I'm under the impression, no one misses them.

Since I do use other messageboards, I do get treated as a user other places. I don't say "but I'm a moderator on my own board, wah!" and ask for special treatment.  Heck, I'm more afraid they'll make me a moderator on their board and require me to earn my keep!  When a moderator does something I disagree with or don't understand, I send them a PM.  I might not agree with them (as was the case tonight on a board where I just started posting) but I don't pout and get rude or try and get myself banned.

I try and moderate here, like I wish other sites were moderated.  If I lock a thread, it's because it's way off topic or filled with personal attacks, etc.  If it's really bad, I delete it.  Same with user accounts. If someone is acting up, I warn them.  If they don't stop, bye-bye, play somewhere else.

TarSp was also banned recently.  He was abusive towards everyone who posted anything he disagreed with, and would respond with "They were pushing my buttons" as a legitimate reason to be a jerk. The final straw was when he claimed I was now pushing his buttons for asking him to stop. Threatening the admin doesn't frightened me at all and telling me I should try and be on his good side is just laugh out loud funny.  He mentioned he was 19, but I swear he isn't a day over 12.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 8:29 pm

Maybe people should take a hint, and not make jokes about others who are sensitive about it.

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 8:32 pm

Don't forget about Dave Brown and whatever other names he/she was using.

Dave Brown?

I remember there were problems with KarokeQueen.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 8:44 pm

Dave Brown?

I remember there were problems with KarokeQueen.

That was the same person as Dave Brown.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/01/05 at 8:45 pm

I have a question, why do people continue to give these people the attention they want?

The reason I held off on banning a few of these people, is because they clearly couldn't gain attention any other way.  Of course after a while you're forced to ban them anyways because they're too disruptive.

I post on other forums, and there is nowhere near this amount of "Who left now" type of stuff on them.  It's really just strange. Maybe those places completely prevent the discussion in the first place.  I don't think it's because I'm banning people without any reason.  I've tried to avoid having to discuss every ban, but lately it seems like that's what people want.  I guess without a reason why, people just assume I randomly decided to ban so-and-so, because they never personally saw the negative behavoir that got them banned.  The only people who usually get banned without a warning, are the spammers, and I'm under the impression, no one misses them.

Since I do use other messageboards, I do get treated as a user other places. I don't say "but I'm a moderator on my own board, wah!" and ask for special treatment.  Heck, I'm more afraid they'll make me a moderator on their board and require me to earn my keep!  When a moderator does something I disagree with or don't understand, I send them a PM.  I might not agree with them (as was the case tonight on a board where I just started posting) but I don't pout and get rude or try and get myself banned.

I try and moderate here, like I wish other sites were moderated.  If I lock a thread, it's because it's way off topic or filled with personal attacks, etc.  If it's really bad, I delete it.  Same with user accounts. If someone is acting up, I warn them.  If they don't stop, bye-bye, play somewhere else.
Well said.

TarSp was also banned recently.  He was abusive towards everyone who posted anything he disagreed with, and would respond with "They were pushing my buttons" as a legitimate reason to be a jerk. The final straw was when he claimed I was now pushing his buttons for asking him to stop. Threatening the admin doesn't frightened me at all and telling me I should try and be on his good side is just laugh out loud funny.  He mentioned he was 19, but I swear he isn't a day over 12.I swear this guy had a similar posting style to Dave Brown (and his/her various incarnations) and CSM1986 (another one who was banned/left recently)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 8:48 pm

Im sure that many of these people who get banned or delete their accounts sign on as guests to see what people are saying.. but I honestly don't have that in my mind when I post about it.

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 9:08 pm

I post on other forums, and there is nowhere near this amount of "Who left now" type of stuff on them.

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 9:27 pm

Hehe...whistle deleted his post....TOO LATE WHISTLE!  I already read it. 

*dials phone number*

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 9:30 pm

Hehe...whistle deleted his post....TOO LATE WHISTLE!

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 9:33 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 9:35 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/AgainIRemindYouOfThisSimpleFact.jpg

That still doesn't explain anything.  Why even make a BECKS thread?  ???

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 9:49 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 9:53 pm

It is one very stupid running joke that we kept posting in because we felt like it and because we knew it would irritate some easily irritated members.

Which leads to my next question ... why would you purposely want to irritate other members?  ::)

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 9:55 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: YWN on 12/01/05 at 9:59 pm

whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/05 at 9:59 pm

Well...we wouldn't irritate them by being jackasses (Justin), we would irritate them by methods that shouldn't irritate anyone, therefore making the person who is irritated look like a jackass.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/02/05 at 6:21 am

That's kinda weird to bring up.. people talk like "Why can't issues resolve peacefully through PMs?" have never actually TRIED to PM somebody.. imagine how it would be to actually PM somebody and say "Hey, could you tone down the rambling about the 80s a bit?".. it'd be a really awkward PM.

Good points. I suppose I would have thought, WTF? This is totally out of the blue, where'd this come from? if he'd PM'ed me with that. ;D

I suppose it's all a moot point now, but looking back on it, I suppose if he'd just posted that in one of the PPP topics (i.e. "Don't you hate it when?", "You're driving me crazy") or made his own thread, that would've been the best thing.

For future record, if ever I do anything that annoys anyone -- purposely or on accident -- feel free to tell me, I'm a pretty good sport about everything.

Plus, I've always said (whenever a like-minded situation comes up in real life where someone has gotten annoyed with me for whatever reason), "I can't change myself unless I know what I'm doing wrong in the first place."

In other words, I'd rather someone was honest with me. That'll never hurt my feelings (I may disagree with them or dislike what they've got to say, but I'm always happy to listen) - it'll hurt me if they tell me what they think I "want to" hear.

As far as getting angry goes, I don't do it that much (and when I am, the most I do is take it out on inatimate objects or slam a door, LOL). There's not much anyone can say to me that'll tick me off. Perhaps if they treat me a certain way over enough time, but very rarely in any one sitting.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/02/05 at 6:23 am

I didn't have a clue that anyone would want to get at you about something because you're one of the nicest people on here (if not the nicest).

Awww, thanks -- I could say the same about yourself. :)

Written By: nally on 12/02/05 at 12:13 pm

Beck is the name of a musician (a damn good one in fact).

Written By: nally on 12/02/05 at 12:15 pm

TarzSp was also banned recently.

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 12:37 pm

I thought so, he sure doesn't act 19. ::)

Written By: nally on 12/02/05 at 12:40 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 12:41 pm

By the way, I noticed that his account still exists. :-\\ Interesting, because Chucky said on the last page that he banned the guy. Maybe it's a temporary ban.

I noticed that too.  Must be a different kind of ban or something.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/02/05 at 1:41 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/AgainIRemindYouOfThisSimpleFact.jpg

So the poster Becks look like that? :o :D Never seen that before.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 1:48 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 1:59 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 2:01 pm

They don't have names of musicians. If there was some user that made 2 posts called "MOMUS", you bet your ass I'd make a thread about him.

Was Momus a member here?

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 2:03 pm

Was Momus a member here?

No.. but if there were a Momus member, I'd make him a birthday thread.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 2:04 pm

No.. but if there were a Momus member, I'd make him a birthday thread.

And then it would be deleted within a week or so.

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 2:09 pm

And then it would be deleted within a week or so.

Exactly.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 2:11 pm

Exactly.

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 2:20 pm

who is Momus? I've never even heard of them before?

Written By: YWN on 12/02/05 at 2:21 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 2:25 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/02/05 at 2:30 pm

Well...we wouldn't irritate them by being jackasses (Justin), we would irritate them by methods that shouldn't irritate anyone, therefore making the person who is irritated look like a jackass.

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 2:39 pm

I think irritating someone or anyone can happen in any shape or form, but if that's the original intent then saying you don't want to irritate someone loses all meaning. I think a better term is to "spite" someone. You knew to get at nally because he is a detailist about things and that irks certain people. Well, I guess it irks people no differently than it irks nally that a birthday is incorrect. There's no difference in it.

Actually, it was never directed at nally to begin with.. the fact that he was bothered was just something that went along with it.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 2:54 pm

Momus is the man in my avatar.. he's my favorite musician.

Is that a bandage on his face?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/05 at 2:58 pm

Is that a bandage on his face?

Yes, he's been wounded.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 2:58 pm

Yes, he's been wounded.

Wounded from what?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/05 at 3:00 pm

Wounded from what?

You know what's under that bandage, Howard?

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 3:05 pm

You know what's under that bandage, Howard?

No What?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/05 at 3:17 pm

No What?

A FESTERING ROTTEN EYE..!!!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/02/05 at 3:43 pm

Actually, it was never directed at nally to begin with.. the fact that he was bothered was just something that went along with it.

Well, it appeared nally was the direct target - that may not be admitted, but it was pretty apparent.

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 3:50 pm

Well, it appeared nally was the direct target - that may not be admitted, but it was pretty apparent.

I agree with this completely

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 3:52 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 3:59 pm

Jeff BECAME the target when he chose to complain about the thread rather then ignore it. Had he ignored it, like everyone else did, it would have been directed at no one, we would have gotten bored, and given up that thread long ago.

That's still no reason to make Jeff the target.  I'm willing to bet if he did complained about that thread, it was only after you made him the target

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/02/05 at 4:00 pm

Jeff BECAME the target when he chose to complain about the thread rather then ignore it. Had he ignored it, like everyone else did, it would have been directed at no one, we would have gotten bored, and given up that thread long ago.

Okay, but the point is - if the board was brought about to irritate people or spite them, then what I'm saying is that it seemed the person they were targeting was nally. That's all.

Written By: YWN on 12/02/05 at 4:19 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 4:23 pm

Wrong again.

I may be wrong, but that's still no excuse to make Jeff a target in any form

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 4:33 pm

That's still no reason to make Jeff the target.  I'm willing to bet if he did complained about that thread, it was only after you made him the target

Yeah, cause we create threads just to piss Jeff off. We're all out to get him.. watch out, we might come after YOU next!!!!!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o  ::)

Jeff's only issue (as far as I saw, or he expressed) with that thread was that it was worthless, not that it picked on him in any way. That thread was a retarded insider joke, nothing to pick on people.

Written By: YWN on 12/02/05 at 4:35 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/05 at 6:38 pm

Boy Oh Boy, If I only knew what that thread was gonna do before I made it, I probably wouldn't hav--

..Pssht, Who am I kidding? I still would have made it.

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 7:41 pm

Boy Oh Boy, If I only knew what that thread was gonna do before I made it, I probably wouldn't hav--

..Pssht, Who am I kidding? I still would have made it.

I would've made two.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/02/05 at 9:11 pm

I think that people keep discussing all of this (ex. who has been banned and why, or little fights on the forums) because lets face it...people LOVE drama...they thrive on it...the new hot gossip of the forum, etc...this kind of stuff is some people's high! LOL!

Written By: Apricot on 12/02/05 at 9:14 pm

I think that people keep discussing all of this (ex. who has been banned and why, or little fights on the forums) because lets face it...people LOVE drama...they thrive on it...the new hot gossip of the forum, etc...this kind of stuff is some people's high! LOL!

I think that's the root, really.. people want drama, and they know that by creating walls, they MAKE drama.. therefore, some people (aside from simply stroking their egos) take this sudden high horse about maturity and caring about others... simply to seem high-and-mighty, to seem like they care about others, to seem noble.

I can tell you this.. you'll NEVER see me doing anything for nobility.

Written By: Tia on 12/02/05 at 9:18 pm

i remember when the bickering was all hot and heavy i'd go to the controversial threads first. it's that whole thing, love it, hate it, at least you know you won't be bored.

Written By: nally on 12/03/05 at 11:45 am

Again, i strongly apologize. Now that I think about it, I kinda wish I had completely paid no attention to it in the beginning. :-\\ But it's over and done with now, so I would like to just move on.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/05 at 3:56 pm

Again, i strongly apologize. Now that I think about it, I kinda wish I had completely paid no attention to it in the beginning. :-\\ But it's over and done with now, so I would like to just move on.

Let's Move On and forget about this miniscule problem.

Written By: nally on 12/03/05 at 4:05 pm

Let's Move On and forget about this miniscule problem.

Good idea. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/03/05 at 6:17 pm

GOOD! Now you'll know not to make such a big deal about things in the future.

Written By: Apricot on 12/03/05 at 6:29 pm

It's cool, we're past it... it's the fact that some people are determined to stay pissed about a situation they weren't involved in.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/03/05 at 6:53 pm

This is beating a dead horse actually...

Written By: ADH13 on 12/03/05 at 6:56 pm

But, has anyone apologized to Jeff for the things they said to him?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/03/05 at 7:05 pm

I don't think they have accounts anymore.

I see.  I didn't realize that the ones doing the name calling were the ones that deleted.  I still think he deserves an apology and hope they did apologize.

Written By: YWN on 12/03/05 at 7:10 pm

But, has anyone apologized to Jeff for the things they said to him?  All I hear is how things were said because he complained about a thread.  He apologized for his part...how about people apologize to him for their parts, too?  Seems fair to me.  He really deserves and apology.

You'll have to give me an example...besides Justin's foolishness, which shall not be associated with anyone else.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/03/05 at 7:27 pm

You'll have to give me an example...besides Justin's foolishness, which shall not be associated with anyone else.

I am not going for examples...I assumed others were involved the way the reaction was to the whole issue after Justin and Alcoholica left.  If I was wrong, I am sorry but it sure sounded like others were involved. 

Written By: YWN on 12/03/05 at 7:33 pm

I am not going for examples...I assumed others were involved the way the reaction was to the whole issue after Justin and Alcoholica left.  If I was wrong, I am sorry but it sure sounded like others were involved. 

We were all sore over the BECKS thread being unreasonably locked, but I don't think any of us besides Justin resorted to outright name calling.  ...Or at least I didn't.

Anyways...it's an old issue now.  We're all over it.

Written By: Apricot on 12/03/05 at 10:22 pm

We were all sore over the BECKS thread being unreasonably locked, but I don't think any of us besides Justin resorted to outright name calling.

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 2:38 pm

This puts it well. We never insulted Jeff on this board.. sure, we were upset, but other then Justin, none of us ever made fun of him.

I was made fun of when I was a lot younger...but that was many moons ago.

GOOD! Now you'll know not to make such a big deal about things in the future.

I said earlier that if there ever came a thread that I was just not interested in at all, I would just leave it be.

Written By: Apricot on 12/05/05 at 2:44 pm

I was made fun of when I was a lot younger...but that was many moons ago.

Same here.. but same with me still, it was a long time ago.

Written By: nally on 12/05/05 at 2:47 pm

Same here.. but same with me still, it was a long time ago.

I think that once I entered college, it was the "land of maturity." Even before then, in my senior year of High school, I used my techniques for ignoring ppl who called me names (especially that of a kid who I knew in junior high and 9th grade---maybe they thought I behaved similar to him, but my behaviour was totally different from his).

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/09/05 at 3:39 pm

continued here:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,15178.0.html

locked this topic...

Check for new replies or respond here...