inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheerio

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/29/05 at 4:15 pm

I'm fairly tired of all the Politiking and all the behind people's back's nonsense.

The vast majority of people here are fine, but ya know, i enjoy killing time and messing around here, I'd really rather not be dragged in to all the sad little personal vendetta's.

"She said this" "He said that"

Well i say.. "Get a flipping life"

If any of the people i liked (and it's easy to tell if you are one of them) would like to get in touch with me, your welcome to ask Beth, Andrew, Kim, Chrissy.. or.. other people who i can't remember for my e-mail address.

Goodbye

Subject: Re: Cheerio

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/05 at 4:47 pm

We will miss you....  :\'(

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/29/05 at 4:50 pm

He'll be back. If he were really leaving he would delete his account. 

Written By: Tam on 11/29/05 at 4:52 pm

Andy - you will be deeply missed you cool ass'd MF!!! ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/29/05 at 4:53 pm

I hope you'll reconsider, Andy!  :)

Written By: Paul on 11/29/05 at 4:56 pm

**sigh**

I thought you were a bit 'thicker-skinned' to let trivial things like that get at you, Andy...

But, it's your decision...all the very best, anyway...

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 4:56 pm

I get sick of it, too.. but I'll stay around till they kick me out.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/29/05 at 5:11 pm

He'll be back. If he were really leaving he would delete his account.

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/29/05 at 5:12 pm

So you HAVE deleted your account... * sigh *

Well, you don't worry me.  I know you'll be back - you can't live without us.
You know where to find us.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/29/05 at 5:15 pm

Eat your words... with a side of ketchup.

It's odd seeing you as a guest. Everyone's been leaving (or being banned) .. leaving us with nothing but a bunch o' newbs. Lame. I'll be talkin' to ya *salutes*

After how long...  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 5:18 pm

So Long my good man :)

Written By: YWN on 11/29/05 at 5:31 pm

We'll miss ya, Andy. 

*overbearing dramatic voice*  God bless...and godspeed.

Written By: nally on 11/29/05 at 5:33 pm

Farewell, Andy. :\'(

Written By: jaytee on 11/29/05 at 6:08 pm

Come back Andy!!  :(

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/29/05 at 6:10 pm

don't forget to visit,mon p'tit chou  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 6:47 pm

So, you really did it. Farewell to Inthe00s for ya.

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 6:53 pm

You really deleted your account?  I cannot believe it  :\'(

Written By: ADH13 on 11/30/05 at 12:24 am

Sorry to see you go, Andy... but like the others, I think you'll be back.

I know I've said it before, but I normally can't stand message boards and chatrooms.  This is the only one I really go to regularly, and that is because it is so similar to a real life "community" with different personalities... some that get along, some that don't.  We get to see the lovey-dovey stuff, the arguments, the scandals, the men who pose as lesbians, the heated political debates...

And I admit, I enjoy it when there's commotion around here... it gets a little boring when all that's being posted is "what color are you wearing today" and "What song are you listening to"  (not to say those are bad threads or anything...i think you get my point)

I hope nobody else decides to intentionally get banned or delete their accounts...don't forget all the fun times you've had here just because you're pi$$ed off about something at the moment...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/05 at 1:41 am

I'm fairly tired of all the Politiking and all the behind people's back's nonsense.

The vast majority of people here are fine, but ya know, i enjoy killing time and messing around here, I'd really rather not be dragged in to all the sad little personal vendetta's.

If any of the people i liked (and it's easy to tell if you are one of them) would like to get in touch with me, your welcome to ask Beth, Andrew, Kim, Chrissy.. or.. other people who i can't remember for my e-mail address.

Goodbye
Cheerio Andy, it has been good fun with you on board, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/05 at 11:36 am

Like many people said, you will be missed. But, I do understand your reasons for leaving.  I just hope that some time in the future, you decide to come back. I wish you nothing but the best.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 2:35 pm

I hope nobody else decides to intentionally get banned or delete their accounts...don't forget all the fun times you've had here just because you're pi$$ed off about something at the moment...

It's not that people are pissed right now, I don't think.. this place has gone downhill a LOT recently... every argument is turned into a victimization, everyone's getting dragged in to other people's issues, barriers are going up.. even if you deny it, part of you KNOWS it's happening. No one here can deny that this place is changing in some way or another.

I know it.. and frankly, I don't like it.

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 2:46 pm

It's not that people are pissed right now, I don't think.. this place has gone downhill a LOT recently... every argument is turned into a victimization, everyone's getting dragged in to other people's issues, barriers are going up.. even if you deny it, part of you KNOWS it's happening. No one here can deny that this place is changing in some way or another.

From what I have seen, this place has not changed at all

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 2:47 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 2:50 pm

I don't know how you could have not noticed it.. but meh, maybe it's just me.

But this place seems a LOT different.

In what way has it changed?

Written By: Step-chan on 11/30/05 at 2:52 pm

See ya, good luck and prosper. :)

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 2:54 pm

From my older post:

Normal disagreements are turning into huge, side-based fights... people have suddenly been at a total loss for any sense of humor or sarcasm... the cliques are becoming VERY defined, and growing further and further apart.

Written By: Marian on 11/30/05 at 3:25 pm

Goodbye
You don't have to leave.You can always play the games,most people donm't argue there.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 3:31 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/30/05 at 4:01 pm

From my older post:

Normal disagreements are turning into huge, side-based fights... people have suddenly been at a total loss for any sense of humor or sarcasm... the cliques are becoming VERY defined, and growing further and further apart.

Many big posters and one particular funnyman got banned... which might have a lot to do with it.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 4:06 pm

Many big posters and one particular funnyman got banned... which might have a lot to do with it.

Must've been Jimmy ::)

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 4:08 pm

All I can think are RARF and jiminy... with them gone, everyone's at each other's throats.

Written By: Climber on 11/30/05 at 5:49 pm

If the issues were brought up and solved via PM's, instead of on the boards, this would not happen.  As soon as it's posted on a public message board, it becomes everyone's business.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/30/05 at 8:02 pm

I don't know how you could have not noticed it.. but meh, maybe it's just me.

But this place seems a LOT different.

I agree. It seems a lot different from when I first joined..

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:05 pm

If the issues were brought up and solved via PM's, instead of on the boards, this would not happen.

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 8:06 pm

These aren't issues to resolve in PMs... these aren't personal vendettas, they're issues concerning the board.

It's when people get in and start taking sides that it BECOMES a vendetta, but a very public one.

They could still be solved via PM's though.  Airing them on the board only causes a bigger commotion than needs to happen

Written By: Apricot on 11/30/05 at 8:09 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Dagwood on 11/30/05 at 8:52 pm

Nah, I have been around for a long time and the board goes through these phases.  People come and go.  Fights happen.  Only thing different is the people involved.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/30/05 at 10:52 pm

I agree that this place has changed, which is part of the reason I haven't been here so much lately.  (Although it is kind of nice to actually get things DONE for a change instead of being on here all day)

This isn't the first time it's changed for awhile though, and then suddenly sprung back into normalcy.  Think back to when Howard got banned.  All I'm saying is you can stop coming here without deleting your account.  Because things will get back to "inthe00s normal" eventually.

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 10:54 pm

I agree that this place has changed, which is part of the reason I haven't been here so much lately.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/30/05 at 11:00 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/05 at 11:00 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ADH13 on 11/30/05 at 11:04 pm

ya, he was talking way too much personal stuff about sexual stuff.

and frankfurters. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 11:09 pm

But how is that different from what he does now?  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 11/30/05 at 11:10 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Climber on 11/30/05 at 11:17 pm

Possibly, yes.. however, when I see a personal issue go down on the boards, I can't say I've ever felt obligated to stand up for someone or takes sides. It's people's choice to ignore it, or get involved. It's not like they dominated the board... they were limited to 2, maybe 3 threads at best.

Until Justin decided to be a so-called "post-whore" and make several of his own that the moderators had to delete.  Those threads were very hard to ignore, what with being on the first page, where all the legitimate threads should have been.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/01/05 at 12:50 am

Well, he's gone now. He got what he wanted, and is quite happy about it. See? Everyone wins.. how special. So we can all mooove right along.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/01/05 at 12:53 am

So we can all mooove right along.
NO!

And um, it's taken me 4 pages to say something. So here goes:  :D

It's sad to see you leave. But all the best, and I guess I'll see you around.  ;)

Cheerio.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/01/05 at 12:57 am

[quote author=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/05 at 8:05 am

see ya Andy.....sooner than later! LOL! :D

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 2:19 pm

Until Justin decided to be a so-called "post-whore" and make several of his own that the moderators had to delete.

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 2:22 pm

This isn't the first time it's changed for awhile though, and then suddenly sprung back into normalcy.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 3:10 pm

I guess I got out of hand,so to speak. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/05 at 3:19 pm

This isn't like the other changes.. when Howard got banned, things changed... but not like this.

This change is very hostile. People are jumping into fights, taking sides, and the cliques are becoming bitter, really.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that some adults have left (jiminy, rarf, bobby, etc) and we have been seeing more of the younger people??  If that's what you're talking about, the clique thing is inevitable because for the most part, adults have completely different things to talk about than teens do.  I guess people like you, Andy and Beth have always been kind of like a bridge between the adults and the teens...because you guys can go both ways.. you can engage in intelligent conversation with adults, and still talk teen.  That way everyone was involved in the conversations.  Well, now Andy's gone.. so all I can say is...

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down... :\'(

Written By: Apricot on 12/01/05 at 3:22 pm

I guess people like you, Andy and Beth have always been kind of like a bridge between the adults and the teens...because you guys can go both ways.. you can engage in intelligent conversation with adults, and still talk teen.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/05 at 3:24 pm

We USED to be the bridge... the adults that have been a dominant part of the forum recently (for the most part) are very hard to bridge with now.

Someone has to keep this bridge together and it might as well be me. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...