inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Little Advice

Written By: thenewwavechick on 12/10/05 at 6:35 pm

Well, right now, I'm waitingfor a nfe photo ID, and my Mom is sending me a postal money order.  I was told that my ID will be mailed to me in two or three weeks (that was last week) and I'm going out of town next Saturday, and won't be back for at least two weeks.  I don't know what to do, because I read on the US Postal Service site that I need a valid ID to cash it, and before anyone asks no I don't have a bank account right now to deposit it. (won't go into it right now, LONG story)  Someone suggested I call the post office and tell them what is going on.  I do have an old ID but it's expired, so it's not valid, plus it doesn't have my new address.  Does anyone have any advice? 

Subject: Re: A Little Advice

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/05 at 3:58 am

Well, right now, I'm waitingfor a nfe photo ID, and my Mom is sending me a postal money order.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/05 at 1:48 pm

Can a passport work as valid ID?

Yes, it can, provided you HAVE a passport.  I would call the P.O. and explain, and bring in anything you have, like a copy of your birth certificate, and anything else with your photo/name on it. If that doesn't work, you may be able to sign the money order over to someone else and have them cash it.

Cat

Written By: thenewwavechick on 12/11/05 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for the advice.  I am going to call the PO when I get the money order and see what I can do.  I'm not too worried.
The thing I'm more worried about is if they will allow me to get on the plane when I go to Boston.  I'm trying to get a letter to prove I'm going to be getting it.  But a few people have told me they might just search me and that's all.  I'm bringing my white cane (since I'm visually impaired) with me (I always do anyway).  I just hope my ID shows up before the end of this week before I go to my Mom's on Saturday.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/05 at 2:12 pm

Thanks for the advice.  I am going to call the PO when I get the money order and see what I can do.  I'm not too worried.
The thing I'm more worried about is if they will allow me to get on the plane when I go to Boston.  I'm trying to get a letter to prove I'm going to be getting it.  But a few people have told me they might just search me and that's all.  I'm bringing my white cane (since I'm visually impaired) with me (I always do anyway).  I just hope my ID shows up before the end of this week before I go to my Mom's on Saturday.  :P

The P.O. will probably let you cash the money order but about broading a plane.... :-\\

Just out of curiosty but how/why are you visually impaired? I, too am visually impaired. I have Retinitius Pigmentosa (RP).

Cat

Written By: thenewwavechick on 12/11/05 at 2:25 pm

The P.O. will probably let you cash the money order but about broading a plane.... :-\\

Just out of curiosty but how/why are you visually impaired? I, too am visually impaired. I have Retinitius Pigmentosa (RP).

Cat

I'm totally blind in my right eye and I have 20/200 vision in my left (which means I can see things 200 feet ahead of me).  I don't have any depth perception, which is why I use a cane, because I tend to bump into things and trip and fall.  I also have glaucoma, which is pressure in your eye.  I've been like this since I was 9 months old, and I've had numerous surgeries.  I actually have a fake eye for my right eye because it got really bad due to the glaucoma. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/05 at 2:32 pm

I'm totally blind in my right eye and I have 20/200 vision in my left (which means I can see things 200 feet ahead of me).  I don't have any depth perception, which is why I use a cane, because I tend to bump into things and trip and fall.  I also have glaucoma, which is pressure in your eye.  I've been like this since I was 9 months old, and I've had numerous surgeries.  I actually have a fake eye for my right eye because it got really bad due to the glaucoma. 

The RP effects my night/peripheral vision, so I understand about bumping into and triping over things. I don't use a cane-in fact, most people don't realize that I am visually impared unless I tell them. I was diagosed back in 1986 and still have good functional vision-but I don't drive anymore.  :-\\

Yeah, I know we went off-topic. Let us know how the P.O. responds.

Cat

Written By: thenewwavechick on 12/11/05 at 3:19 pm

The RP effects my night/peripheral vision, so I understand about bumping into and triping over things. I don't use a cane-in fact, most people don't realize that I am visually impared unless I tell them. I was diagosed back in 1986 and still have good functional vision-but I don't drive anymore.  :-\\

Yeah, I know we went off-topic. Let us know how the P.O. responds.

Cat

Cat, hey that's okay.  :P  And I will let you know how the PO thing goes.  I doubt I'll have problems. 

Check for new replies or respond here...