inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do we need to split this board up?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/12/05 at 10:30 am

I keep getting complaints the playful penguin place board is filled with junk.

Since it's meant to be a general discussion board, I'm not sure why people are complaining about what is posted here.  I think creating a seperate board where the non-sequitor type of posts had their own home, and stuff about board members themselves appeared here.  Is this more along the lines of what people think should belong here?  Unsure really what the problem is lately.

Subject: Re: Do we need to split this board up?

Written By: karen on 12/12/05 at 10:32 am

I think creating a seperate board where the non-sequitor type of posts had their own home, and stuff about board members themselves appeared here.

Written By: karen on 12/12/05 at 10:35 am

Have found it in a dictionary.

Is it the random threads people have mostly complained about?  Maybe there are a lot of them but, if you know which ones they are, they are easy enough to avoid.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/12/05 at 11:25 am

Have found it in a dictionary.

Is it the random threads people have mostly complained about?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/05 at 12:48 pm

I really don't see what the big deal is. Like everyone else is saying...if you don't like a thread...simply avoid it. People make too big of deals over very trivial things. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/05 at 1:22 pm

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. There are many threads that don't interested me so I just don't go there (and that is true of all the other boards, too-the 70s, 80s, Politicals, etc.)

My take on the situation (though I could be wrong) is that this complaint seems to be of a personal nature. There are some people who dislike other people and no matter what those people post, the post/thread will seem like junk and this is a way of trying to get those people to leave the board.

While I have often stressed my opinion about some things (i.e. people going WAY, WAY off topic or other people constantly changing their names) the only times I have made formal complaint is when I think a post is totally offensive.  I think Chucky is way too busy to deal with petty issues that we all have from time to time. And IMO, I feel that this is a petty issue.

Cat

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/12/05 at 1:24 pm

As far as I'm concerned, there's no need to split the board up. But then - I wasn't the one complaining about the (lack of) subject on some threads.
Every now and then I like being random. And if I don't feel like it, I don't post in those kinds of threads.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Like everyone else is saying...if you don't like a thread...simply avoid it. People make too big of deals over very trivial things. ::)

I second that.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/12/05 at 1:48 pm

I agree with everyone on this. I think to split the board up would be a bit boring. And plus, it would only be more work for us to switch from two different boards if we wanted to check out the consistant stuff next to the random stuff. Let's just leave it be.

Written By: YWN on 12/12/05 at 1:56 pm

Hehe...  This subject line strikes me as funny.  "Do we need to split this board up?"  It sounds like one of those rhetorical questions your dad might ask you when you're in trouble.

Do I need to turn this board around?

Written By: ADH13 on 12/12/05 at 2:51 pm

Like the familiar phrase... one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Same goes for threads... what is junk to one person may be great for another.  When I go to the PPP I usually read maybe 2 or 3 threads... because I'm not interested in alot of them - but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/12/05 at 3:00 pm

Like the familiar phrase... one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Same goes for threads... what is junk to one person may be great for another.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/05 at 3:50 pm

As for me,I've been on here just about every day and I've been reading some stupid threads and some I try to avoid.Perhaps I should just stick to 1 or 2 threads a day.I could do that starting in 2006.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/05 at 4:13 pm

The boards seem fine to me!

Written By: gemini on 12/12/05 at 4:20 pm

My thinking on this is the same as everyone else.  If I click on a thread and start reading it, only to find it's not something I'm interested in, I move to something else. Usually just reading the title of the thread is enough to let me know I'm not interested.  And even then, sometimes you might find just a little snippet of something in it that makes you laugh or makes you want to post something.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/12/05 at 4:30 pm

ok... just figured I'd check.  I got a bunch of complaints at one point, and was starting to wonder if something needed to be done differently.  Some of it was probably from people who decided to go elsewhere anyways.

Written By: Marian on 12/13/05 at 3:06 pm

Since it's meant to be a general discussion board, I'm not sure why people are complaining about what is posted here.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/05 at 4:39 pm

I think that everything is fine now.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/13/05 at 8:08 pm

Hehe...

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/13/05 at 8:13 pm

^ LOL.

Since it's meant to be a general discussion board, I'm not sure why people are complaining about what is posted here.

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/05 at 8:19 pm

I don't mind all of the random threads, just as long as they don't bump all of the other ones to like page 6 (like what Justin did LOL)

Check for new replies or respond here...