inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Other Cultures/Ways of Life

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/15/05 at 8:48 pm

If there was one culture/other way of life that you could learn a lot about or even have the chance of being in that person's shoes...which one would it be and why?

I would have to say that I have always thought it would be neat to learn a lot more about Native Americans and their culture. They have so many interesting aspects of their beliefs and customs...I always thought that they have a lot of really cool rituals and stuff.

Subject: Re: Other Cultures/Ways of Life

Written By: whistledog on 12/15/05 at 9:50 pm

I've often wanted to learn more about my fellow Native Canadians.  Most of my relatives are Mohawk, which makes me part Mohawk, thus I've often wanted to learn more about my heritage

I even qualify for a band card, a card which would exclude me from paying Provincial Sales Tax, but in order to get one, I have to live on the reserve.  I ain't doin' that.  lol

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 12/15/05 at 10:20 pm

Recently I've become utterly fascinated with the ancient Romans. I think it'd be cool if I could travel back in time (to a period where there was a relatively benevolent emperor--maybe during Trajan's reign) and see what the daily grind of the average Roman citizen was like and how advanced their culture and technology really was.

Written By: rich1981 on 12/16/05 at 2:02 am

Having visited Mexico City several times throughout my life, particularly the rural regions outside the city where my relatives live, I became very interested in the lifestyle/culture of my Mexican relatives including politics, religion, traditions, and manners. Through my experience I gained an appreciation of their culture and understood their ways of living.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/05 at 10:46 am

There really isn't ONE culture that I am interested in. I'm interested in ALL of them. The aspects that really intregues me are different religions and mythologies (which I feel go hand in hand). I have a bunch of books about Native American religions/myths, Asian religions/myths, ancient religions/myths, etc.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...