inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid Questions

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/05 at 12:30 pm

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like?

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety?

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree?

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.)

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be?

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy?

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back?

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make?

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions?

I'll answer later.

Cat

Subject: Re: Stupid Questions

Written By: gemini on 12/18/05 at 7:47 pm

. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like? It says "If they can send a man to the moon, why can't they send all of them to the moon?"

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety? I use different kinds for variety

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? No tinsel

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.) C.D. player

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be? A lazy old dog!  :)

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what? Band, choir and plays

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? Take a trip somewhere tropical, buy an old farmhouse with alot of land, and have a kick@ass car!

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back? Never did

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make? I used to make all kinds of crafts a few years ago, just haven't been too into it lately. Mostly rustic kinds of things.

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions----I like them!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/05 at 8:06 pm

a mug I was given when I had a job working at my old high school

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety?
I use just one roll.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/18/05 at 8:54 pm

It's dark blue with a silver rim

I use different kinds

I use strings of tinsel but not those loose icicles

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.)
My computer or the CD player in my car

hmm... I'll have to think about that.. probably a dolphin since they are one of the only animals that can see colors

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?
Just in school plays/concerts

I'd like to construct a custom cemetery, sort of like a village, so people could be buried in an environment that reflects their life, such as in a bar (with a barstool as a headstone), on a football field, etc.

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back?
Yes, I wrote to Johnny Depp when 21 Jump Street first came out, and I got a response with a signed photo but it wasn't from him personally... it was from some mail answering service.

Not really... I can't crochet or knit... but I can probably still remember how to do latch-hook

I like them.

Written By: GREEN67 on 12/18/05 at 9:24 pm

8) 1. fave mug- Have had it FOREVER..has a cat on it..playing a guitar singing..." Mousies..Mousies..what I love to eat, bite they tiny heads off..nibble on they tiny feet!    2. wrapping paper...always use diffferent....3. tinsel...hate it..cats always eat it and makes a mess...4....music..I listen on my computer and CD player and my DVD player..5.  what animal...an EAGLE...6. Plays..I was in several plays in highschool but the most fun one for me was a parady of a Dr Pepper commercial, I played a bum on a park bench that jumped up and pulled my Dr Pepper bottle out of a brown paper bag and I sang.." Im a Pepper..Hes a Pepper..Shes a Pepper..Wouldnt you like to be a Pepper too?" it was sooo fun!...7.  If I had money...I would buy at lest 500 acres in Paris Tn around Kentucky Lake..Build a cabin and dissapear..become a "Mountain Lady"...Would fish ALL the time..heaven!....8...Celebrity..I wrote John Travolta once about a year ago..he wrote back..very cool..9..crafty?..yes, very..I can draw or make just about anything..I also write stories and am currently writing a book...10...Love stupid questions!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/19/05 at 12:54 am

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like?  It's a Mother's Day mug.

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety? Different ones for variety.

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? we use those old-fashioned stringy icicles.

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.) MP3 player, CD player, computer, radio.

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be? Cats...of course.

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?  Yes, been in a TON of plays, musicals, chorus concerts, church choir, church drama, etc.

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? Buy an RV and go on a cross country trip to take pictures of roadside America and defunct things....buy a whole new wardrobe, build my dreamhouse, travel.

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back?  Yes...tons of them. I have a whole photo album filled with autographed pictures.

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make?  Yes, I make all sorts of jewelry and I would like to learn how to do Do It Yourself things.

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions?  They are ok.

Written By: mandamoo on 12/19/05 at 3:40 am

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like? I don't drink tea or coffee  :P

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety? I use different ones for variety and to suit the person receiving the gift  :)

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? No tree, no tinsel  :o

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.)? CD player, radio and computer

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be? A cat 8)

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what? Ballet concerts as a child  :)

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? I'd buy two houses - one in the mountains and the other one overlooking the ocean  :)

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back? No

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make? More "arty" but I rarely attempt anything these days  :-\\

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions? Depends on who asks them  ;)

Written By: Paul on 12/19/05 at 6:47 am

It's a 'tacky' thing that was brought back from EuroDisney with my initial on it (which is suppose is helpful!)...the only reason I like it, is that it holds an obscene amount of coffee...!

One until it's gone...and you should see some of my attempts!

No tinsel...haven't used it in years - just lights and a few strategically-placed bauble things...

The computer, although I still do have 'ye turntable'...

Well, we seem to have a surfeit of cats, so I'll have my second choice - a lumering ol' bruin...I seem to be developing the physique of one!

Yes, many times with our secondary school 'big band'...our crowning glory was the London Schools Concert of 1982, when we (quite literally) blew everyone out of the water...superb night!

Travel the world...and hopefully meet a few good people on here without scaring 'em off! And especially meet a very good person in particular...

Nope...

Not exactly a 'craft', but I'm pretty handy with a hammer and nail (and certain other tools...) and I can cultivate certain plants in the garden without too much trouble...

Why call them stupid? You can find out a lot about people with questions like this...

Written By: Gis on 12/19/05 at 7:32 am

It's yellow with smiling flowers on it and it holds a good amount of tea too.

I use lots of different rolls.I always buy loads of ribbon and stuff too and then never use it  ::)

No tinsel on the tree this year.

CD player.

A well loved cat !

Only at school and in the chior when I was young.

A house.

No.

Embroidery,tapestry, knit, sew, make cards, paint etc.

That depends on my mood !

Written By: alyceclover on 12/19/05 at 7:41 am

it's round, thick glass, etched to look like Earth, a Freebie from Nescafe...
    different ones until they're almost gone, then remove from roll, save for future small packages
  tinsel, if I had a tree
    mostly CD & radio
    PUFFIN, they're cute, fly like a bird, swim like a fish, and if i were one, won't mind the cold
      White Queen in 'Through The Looking Glass' (I think), grade school, and never wanted to be there again!
          dunno, probably join GreenPeace or PinkLadies & wreck havoc, start a lot of Abused Women's shelters teaching them to help themselves, sit in a rainforest & count birds as a volunteer, take a long vacation in Australia or Hawaii, maybe visit my . parents Homelands and Ireland has always appealled to me....
      sent a Sympathy card to Mrs Otis Redding & she sent me a thank you with a nice note...are Political figures celebrities? well, Bill Clinton is one, huh?, his signature was probably 'rubberstamped' but looked real on the letters he didn't write but sent back   8) Lots of authors...some reply
  like a fox! how many hours ya got? Crochet: created kids purses from margerine tubs, doileys with out a pattern...; Warm Fuzzies; using discards, cute little mirrors with dried flowers upon them; coffee table; curtains; VCR covers; magnets, T shirts, posters, post cards; jewelry; doll clothes; turn wine cooler bottles into Vases painting on them, ditto used candle holders....
    Hate stupid questions. These are not stupid; these I love!
thank you for asking 8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/19/05 at 10:38 am

I'm not sure that I have a 'favorite', as I switch between a lot of the ones I've made...

But there's one in particular that I use a quite a bit...it's the natural color of the clay on the outside and I pressed some 'cat' stamps into it and then stained them to bring out the detail...

Different ones...I'll get bored using just one...

Not anymore...I used to use tinsel until I had kids...

Nowadays I like to listen to the Sirius music channels on TV because they play a wide variety of stuff (and it's continuous)...the Easy Listening, 70's and 80's channels are the ones I play the most...

I also listen to my iPod quite a bit...and occasionally play music on my CD player and the computer...

It'd have to be a cat...

Yes...I appeared on stage when I was in college and took an Acting course (cringe)...and also several times when I took Chorus...

I'd like to buy a house somewhere besides Hawaii...and also travel and meet some wonderful people from this board...

Nope...

As many of you know, I make pottery...

My favorite things to make are mugs, small bottle forms and windchimes...

I like these...and don't consider them 'stupid' at all...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 10:44 am

It it Garfield kissing himself saying "I (heart) CATS" with a pink background. On the inside lip, it says, "They're purr-fect".  Unfortunately, they are 2 chips in it and maga-tea stains.  :(

I use a variety and save small scraps for smaller gifts.

Definately tinsel. I have to be careful with it so the cats don't make a meal out of it. We are lucky that we can close the room which has the tree so they can't get at it when we are not looking.

CD player either on the stereo or our little boombox and radio.

Hmmm, difficult question. Probably, maybe a cat.  ;)

Many, many times. Plays, chorus, dance recitals, talent shows (dance).

Travel, and LOTS of coins.  ;D  Also, I wouldn't mind setting up a scholarship fund.

Yes, I think a few but the one I really remember was a Mary Jo Catlett (who played the housekeeper on Diff'ent Strokes after Mrs. Garrett left).  She worked with my mother years ago and I gave her my mother's address and she wrote my mother saying that my letter brought back many memories for her.

I would like to be but unfortunately, the only thing I am really good at is making a mess. I used to draw/paint back in the "dark ages" but haven't done that in so long.

It depends on how stupid the questions are.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/19/05 at 3:11 pm

This doesn't belong on Page 2 just yet...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 5:08 pm

This doesn't belong on Page 2 just yet...

Last night it was on page 2 before anyone responded to it. I was starting to get a complex.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: barefootrobin on 12/19/05 at 5:28 pm

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like?  It's Huge with cartoon dogs & cats on it.

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? No Tinsel!

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be?  Eagle

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?Music Symposium - singing

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? Travel The World
8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back? Nope
9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make? If I see something I like and it looks like I can make it I do, ie:  Christmas Wreath.
10. Do you like or hate stupid questions?  There is no such thing as a stupid question!

Written By: DJ Midas on 12/19/05 at 9:04 pm

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like? Mug from the White House - U.S. Dept. Of Special Programs - It has my name on it.   8)

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety?  Different ones for variety.

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? Nowadays, no tinsel.  Messy.

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.) All listed except iPod, but predominantly CD player & turntables  8)

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be?  Dunno.  A dog I guess.

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?  I was in a play in 1st grade.  Chorus in 4th grade.  Beyond that, I've DJed on stage at a few functions.

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? I have my dream house picked out already.  It'd have a a basement which would have my private discotheque and studio.  I'd travel, and hang with my friends.   :)

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back?  Yes, and they've e-mailed me back. ;)

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make?  I'm not crafty in the physical piece of art sense but I tend to have a decent ear for making my own techno trax and making remixes of songs.

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions?  The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/20/05 at 10:47 am

Last night it was on page 2 before anyone responded to it. I was starting to get a complex.

Written By: darktower on 12/20/05 at 3:17 pm

It's wine maroon with an autumn leaf embossed design.

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll untill it is gone or different ones for variety? Different ones.

My wife has labored to break me of this habit.

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on?
CD player.

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would it be?
An orangutan.

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc.)? And if so, in/for what? High school and college band (clarinet, alto clarinet, baritone horn, bassoon). I was Egeus, Hermia's father, in a college production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I knocked around the local comedy club scene in the mid-to-late eighties--not bad; my bit on "The People's Vice Court" used to kill...

I'd build a semi-massive log cabin in Montana, and then travel the world, especially to places I've read about or seen in movies.

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity, and if so who, and did they answer you back?
My brushes with greatness:

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/21/05 at 7:16 am

Don't have a typical one. Most of my coffee comes from 711 or Starbucks. ;D

Well, I'm not the best wrapper (or the best "rapper" lol - couldn't resist saying that!), so I'd tend to stay with the same roll. Call it laziness on my part too.

Either or.

A cross between various boomboxes (radio, tapes and CD's alike), and the computer. I have around 1700 songs saved to library (only 1650 are from the 80's, hehe) and I usually have it in shuffle mode.

Probably a cat - that's the only pet I've ever had and am familiar with (they're cuddly, but also slightly less "needy" than dogs -- of course, no offense to dog lovers out there!).

Yep. :)

I've been in four plays at my Comm college, have done standup comedy several times as well. I've also done alot of "in front of the class" speaking over the years. I love all three and plan to do 'em all again.

I'm Jewish, so of course I'd save alot of it (we feel guilty if we do otherwise, LOL). But after some more school, other than "luxuries" and necessities, such as a place to live, I'd probably do all I could to get ahead with what I want to do (TV acting, writing, etc) - including headshots. All of which I kinda can't afford right now.

From there, I'd have to think about it. But no matter what I'd never spend it all on myself. Friends, family, charities, I'd give plenty of it too.

A few times. The only response I got was from Pauly Shore (one of my guilty pleasure favorites from the 90's) - pretty cool dude it seemed like. 8)

I like to think I'm creative, but I haven't really tried making any "crafts" ever.

I love 'em. Wouldn't take this if I didn't. :)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 1:17 pm

Last night it was on page 2 before anyone responded to it. I was starting to get a complex.

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 1:23 pm

It is a wombles mug I recieved as a gift from an auntie of mine years ago

I use different ones for each member, if I can

Tinsel - LOTS of it

At home - my Hi-fi if my disc drive's busy (such as when i'm playing on a game), but usually my computer
At school/long journeys - my Mp3

Dunno. A bird maybe, or something fast

I appeared in numerous school plays, all of which were in infant/primary school. I have yet to win an award for my part as 'roman #5'

A car, or i'd give it away to people who need it

I have not

I am not crafty. I don't have steady hands, so every time I go to make something it either falls apart or breaks

Depends who's asking and what the questions are. I did not mind these questions

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 2:17 pm

It says "Smart women crave knowledge"..with some retro woman on it

I use the same..I want all thepaper to match.

yes, evenly distributed.

A cross between various boomboxes (radio, tapes and CD's alike), and the computer. I have around 1700 songs saved to library (only CD in car and at work.  i make mixes.

vulture.  dog in a good home.  shark.  i like my food readily available.

Many times..was a theater major in college...stopped, recently had large role in
horror flick that no one will see...currently in band.

If it were not object, it would be human.

I"d move to a bigger house.
and not work.

I sent a get well card to the local weatherman when I was about 5.
He did write back.. he also went to jail for rape.

yes...embroidery, sewing, painting, upholstery...

I only have stupid answers.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/31/05 at 12:14 am

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like? My fave one is on my desk at work. My mum found it for me and it says "Marriage made me what I am today - happily divorced"

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety? I dont do gifts - saves a fortune in wrapping paper.

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree? I dont do christmas and I have a severe allergy to the sight of tinsel.

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.) Usually a 5 disc stereo but its broken so lately I am reduced to playing one at a time on my dvd player.

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be? A pampered spoilt pussy cat

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what? I am one of those people who, no matter where I am sitting in an audience, gets picked to come up on stage. So I have been part of so many magic acts. The freakiest one was when I was laying on a table getting cut in half with a chain saw !!

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? I would take my dream holiday to Antarctica and South America, and I would build my dream club/performance venue for the over 30's.

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back? I have been writing to celebs since the mid 80s and without fail all have written back, some even became penpals and some even called me if they were in my city and took me out to dinner. All aussie celebs so I wont bother naming them as you wont have heard of them, mainly stars of tv series. Some musicians too.

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make? I have never really been creative and crafty. I think it really wasnt till I started designing websites that I woke up the creative bone in my body

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions? Love 'em !!!!

Written By: KKay on 12/31/05 at 8:04 am

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy? I would take my dream holiday to Antarctica and South America, and I would build my dream club/performance venue for the over 30's.

If you build it, I will come...can I bring roller skates? :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/02/06 at 1:35 am

If you build it, I will come...can I bring roller skates? :)

Hmmmmm me thinks most of my clientel wont have been on roller skates for over 20 years !! I think the last time I personally wore them was before 1984 !!

Ahhhh bruising memories ......................... ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 01/02/06 at 12:36 pm

1..Plain green coffee mug
2..A variety of wrapping paper
3..No Tinsel
4..A cassette player,I listen to music when I drive.
5..A Manatee,they are not territorial,no natural enemies and no agenda.
6..I played timpani for a small orchestra(Handel's messiah) and drums for
    Cole Porter Night at a Town Hall.
7..I would buy a house away from civilization
8..I wrote Hank Aaron(he sent me an autographed picture)
9..I don't know if you would call it a craft but I make custom oil tanks
    and gas tanks for motorcycles.
10..I love stupid questions

Written By: jackas on 01/02/06 at 5:42 pm

1. What does your favorite coffee/tea mug look like?  I don't have a favorite.

2. When using wrapping paper, do you use one roll until it is gone or use different ones for variety?  Different for variety.

3. Tinsel or no tinsel on your Christmas tree?  No tinsel

4. What kind of electronics do you usually listen to your music on? (i.e. CD player, record player, radio, IPod, computer, etc.) Radio

5. If you could be any other animal besides human, what would you be?  A rich persons dog.

6. Have you ever appeared on stage (either in a play, band, chorus, etc)? And if so, in/for what?  A play in kindergarten

7. If money was no object, what would you like to do/buy?  Lots of clothes, bigger house, new furniture, bigger car.

8. Have you ever written to a celebrity and if so, who and did they answer you back? NO

9. Are you "crafty"? And if so, what kind of crafts do you make?  I don't do crafts.

10. Do you like or hate stupid questions?  It depends how stupid the stupid question is.

Check for new replies or respond here...