inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: christmas baking?

Written By: whitewolf on 12/22/05 at 9:00 am

anyone else still do their own christmas baking? or do you buy it ready made?

I still make cakes, cookies, pies etc. for christmas.
around here alot of people ask me why I don't just buy them-that it would be easier.

I like baking and having the kids help me-by the time we are done, the kitchen is a mess but we have fun and special time together :)

Subject: Re: christmas baking?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/22/05 at 9:43 am

my mom has always been the one to bake tons of different cookies...she likes to bake...but then there is me. LOL.  The extent of my "baking" this year was buying sugar cookie dough in a tube and adding frosting and sprinkles to the baked cookies....I just don't like to bake...cooking is so-so...but baking....it's never been my thing.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/22/05 at 9:43 am

anyone else still do their own christmas baking? or do you buy it ready made?

I still make cakes, cookies, pies etc. for christmas.
around here alot of people ask me why I don't just buy them-that it would be easier.

I like baking and having the kids help me-by the time we are done, the kitchen is a mess but we have fun and special time together :)
Baking isn't my thing, but I did make a nice batch of Rice Krispy Treats for my hair stylist who I am off to see in about an hour.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/22/05 at 10:49 am

I always bake cookies around the holiday season... :) 

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/05 at 11:32 am

I used to bake my own holiday cookies, but over the years I've gotten lazy, so I just buy ready made cookies

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/05 at 12:56 pm

I used to bake cookies-sugar cookies and Toll House but the last several years we haven't been home so I didn't do it. I thought about doing it this year but I'm too lazy. Besides, my father-in-law makes Christmas cookies every year so it would really be hard to compete with him.  ;D  As for pies-I let Carlos or his kids (or dad if we are visiting him) bake the pies-and they do a GREAT job.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 12/22/05 at 1:00 pm

No-one in the family (as far as I know) bakes 'specially for the occasion...it's enough trouble getting the lunch prepared for the masses (thank you, Ma!)

But my grandmother used to make an amazing Christmas pudding (in the days before microwaves, when you literally had to steam the thing for days on end!)...even more amazing considering she never used any sort of scale to measure out the ingredients...it was all done from experience!

A quite amazing lady, she was!

Written By: gemini on 12/22/05 at 4:05 pm

I always try to do some baking with the kids around Christmas.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/05 at 6:23 pm

Puppy chow?? Please enlighten me. The only puppy chow I know of is made by Purina.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 12/22/05 at 6:36 pm

Puppy chow?? Please enlighten me. The only puppy chow I know of is made by Purina.

Cat

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter, mix in crispix cereal, and then put it in a bag of powdered sugar and shake it up! It's pretty yummy stuff!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...