inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baby Penguin Stolen

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/05 at 3:02 am

A search for a baby penguin that was stolen from a zoo is continuing after a tip-off it had been found dumped.

Three-month-old Toga went missing from Amazon World on the Isle of Wight on Saturday night.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4548930.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41136000/jpg/_41136460_peng.jpg

Subject: Re: Baby Penguin Stolen

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 3:19 pm

I take it then this baby penguin was never found?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/06 at 4:02 pm

Has our mascot been found?  :(

Written By: whistledog on 12/09/06 at 4:36 pm

He's a cute lil' guy.  I hope they did find him

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 4:38 pm

As it was almost a year ago I can only expect the worse for the little one.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/09/06 at 4:52 pm

This happens because some people are self centered idiots.  This past summer on what turned out to be the hottest day in about 100 years I found a box turtle crawling around in the gutter.  It wasn't anywhere near where it should have been.  I figure someone scooped it from a nearby pond for a laugh then let it go.  I picked it up and brought it to a pond, I swear it turned and winked before swimming away.  I was a bit late for work, but that turtle would have probably died in the hot sun and I would never have forgiven myself, like I will never forgive the fools who took this little penquin.  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/06 at 4:55 pm

This happens because some people are self centered idiots.  This past summer on what turned out to be the hottest day in about 100 years I found a box turtle crawling around in the gutter.  It wasn't anywhere near where it should have been.  I figure someone scooped it from a nearby pond for a laugh then let it go.  I picked it up and brought it to a pond, I swear it turned and winked before swimming away.  I was a bit late for work, but that turtle would have probably died in the hot sun and I would never have forgiven myself, like I will never forgive the fools who took this little penquin.   >:(
The young one needed its parents in order to survive, and no doubt that turtle was used to its pond and was total distort of the situation.

Check for new replies or respond here...