inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Everyone knows its true about you but you don't like it-

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 1:37 pm

Everyone knows I laugh like Barney Rubble.. and yes, it's true.

don't mean I like it.

What does everyone know about you that is true but you are not happy about?

Subject: Re: Everyone knows its true about you but you don't like it-

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/05 at 1:42 pm

I'm lazy.

Cat

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 1:44 pm

I'm easily persuaded by peer pressure.

Written By: barefootrobin on 12/27/05 at 1:44 pm

Just because I say I'm going to doesn't mean I will.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/05 at 2:13 pm

I have sex on the brain

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/05 at 2:14 pm

I have sex on the brain

No! Really? I wouldn't have guessed.

Cat

Written By: barefootrobin on 12/27/05 at 2:15 pm

I have sex on the brain

Oh Howard you like it!  Pick something everyone knows that you DON"T like! :)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/05 at 2:17 pm

Oh Howard you like it!

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 2:19 pm

that i used to be blonde and it wasn't real

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/05 at 2:21 pm

That I spend WAY too much $$$ on e-bay.

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 12/27/05 at 2:29 pm

I voice my inner thoughts out loud.  :D ::)

This is off topic, but some people think I'm a stoner or a drug dealer, why I don't ****ing know. >:(

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 2:31 pm

I voice my inner thoughts out loud.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/27/05 at 3:44 pm

That I'm a pushover sometimes (people know I easily give into stuff).

AND I don't like them knowing that, lol Grrr..  :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/27/05 at 3:50 pm

^ Nah, there's nothing wrong with that.

I bet I'm more of a pushover (then again, so was George McFly in the "original" history of BTTF 1). ;)

With a shred of seriousness though -- I'm sometimes like that just 'cause I don't like to come off as a jerk and/or an "authority figure". I just want to be a nice, cool guy with everyone.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/27/05 at 4:14 pm

^ Nah, there's nothing wrong with that.

I bet I'm more of a pushover (then again, so was George McFly in the "original" history of BTTF 1). ;)

With a shred of seriousness though -- I'm sometimes like that just 'cause I don't like to come off as a jerk and/or an "authority figure". I just want to be a nice, cool guy with everyone.

Yeah, same here. I try to please a lot of people and then sometimes I regret it because I find myself boggled down by too much stuff coming at me. Luckily, my mom kinda gives me a reality check and just lets me vent from time to time and tells me I should just say "No" lol.

But, I agree about not wanting to come off as a jerk. I am always the kind of person that I want people to like. I am always wondering if people like me and stuff or if they're kinda snubbing me for another reason or not..

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/27/05 at 4:38 pm

Yeah, same here. I try to please a lot of people and then sometimes I regret it because I find myself boggled down by too much stuff coming at me. Luckily, my mom kinda gives me a reality check and just lets me vent from time to time and tells me I should just say "No" lol.

But, I agree about not wanting to come off as a jerk. I am always the kind of person that I want people to like. I am always wondering if people like me and stuff or if they're kinda snubbing me for another reason or not..

Definitely the same for me.

I find the hardest thing in that kind of situation is being "conflicted" - when two or more people each want you to do something different. That's when I'm thinking, Please! Just get me out of this!!! LOL.

Perfect example: a few years back I was babysitting my mom's friend's two little boys (then about 4 and 6). Nothing big, just basically watching them for a couple hours at their house. The older one had homework he had to do as well.

Now, they were nothing like me at that age, so they weren't into TV or anything else - pretty much just into each other. I was nice with them, but I got the feeling they kinda viewed me as this "big" person (to their age, a 17 or 18 year old may as well be 50, lol) and didn't really interact with me.

Anyway, it didn't take them long start playing and making a mess. When I noticed, I didn't want to be this younger version of their teachers and parents, but I had to keep order. So I said something like, "Hey. Your mom's going to get really mad at me if I let you guys do that. Trouble is no fun, is it?" instead of totally reprimanding. Same message, though. And hey, it worked! 8)

That's pretty much how I handle anything like that at work, or wherever else it comes up - I just wish the whole world was as easy to convince as a pair of toddlers, though! ;D

Written By: Morton on 12/27/05 at 7:30 pm

I'm lazy, I constantly miss deadlines and I get away with murder. Not particularly proud of any of these facts, truth be told

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 9:44 pm

that I am too fussy and picky sometimes.

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 9:47 pm

even at my age I tried to make friends with popular people.

BUT I did not forsake my unpopular friends, like in 7th grade.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 9:52 pm

that i like the taste of sidewalk chalk! :o :D

Written By: KKay on 12/27/05 at 10:00 pm

on that note, I like fish and cheeze, I like bologna and ketchup, I like butter and mustard sandwiches.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/05 at 10:17 pm

that I like the taste of Playdoh.  When I was a kid, I honestly used to eat the stuff like it was actual food.  Heck, it tastes good, and it's non-toxic.  Why not  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 10:20 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/05 at 10:27 pm

I don't cook much that doesn't come in a box or can (in other words I don't cook much original - recipe type stuff).  If you want gourmet - go away.  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 12/27/05 at 10:27 pm

I talk too much when I've been drinking...

And I have a weird sense of humor... I always laugh when people trip, hit their head, slip, try to push a door that's supposed to be pulled, etc...

Written By: ADH13 on 12/27/05 at 10:29 pm

haahah...that's great! I thought that I was the only freak that liked the taste of something non-food wise. LOL! ;)

I used to munch on pencil erasers when I was in elementary school. :-[

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/27/05 at 10:32 pm

I voice my inner thoughts out loud.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 10:43 pm

well, for that topic... Everyone thinks I'm a stoner, they think I'm gay, and they think I'm plain annoying. EVERYONE. but, I'm not sure if that's true or not...

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/27/05 at 11:35 pm

hmmm...odd...because after getting to know you on the boards...you are nothing but nice! :)

thanks  :)

but, uh.. how do I put this?

Someone told me I just have a quality, others tell me they can't put their finger on it... someone told me it was the way I talk and my voice. It's all just stupid... I don't get it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 11:40 pm

thanks

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/27/05 at 11:43 pm

people are odd...you can't please em' all...i say, if they can't like you for YOU...screw them. ;)

well, I feel a bit repetitive since I posted this before, but because of this, I have almost no friends, especially ones that go to my school.

I have 2 at my school, and I don't even see them outside of class...  :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 12/27/05 at 11:49 pm

well, I feel a bit repetitive since I posted this before, but because of this, I have almost no friends, especially ones that go to my school.

I have 2 at my school, and I don't even see them outside of class...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/05 at 11:50 pm

I have 2 at my school, and I don't even see them outside of class...

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/05 at 11:52 pm

I used to munch on pencil erasers when I was in elementary school. :-[

I used to do that too.  I remember for one Christmas, when we did a Kris Kringle thing at school, the kid who got my name, gave me a Pen and Pencil set  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/27/05 at 11:55 pm

ok maybe I'm a bit off base here...

Written By: ADH13 on 12/27/05 at 11:56 pm

I don't have many friends either...but I cherish the ones that I do have.

I have quite a few friends... but not many that I can let loose and just be myself with.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/27/05 at 11:59 pm

I probably am exaggerating a little. I do have only about 2 friends at my school, I haven't tried making friends with a LOT of people, but I have been trying, and after just a little bit, they get annoyed with me. I don't get it.

As for the low self-esteem, even though I do get bored without people to hang out with much, I really don't care what they think. I mean, I know there's nothing wrong with my personality (I think)... I just need to figure out what it is that annoy people, that's the problem... I'm not sure what it is

How do you know that you are annoying them?  Do they come out and tell you "You're annoying" or do you read that from their actions/behavior??  And is there any pattern to when you feel they're suddenly annoyed?  Like, maybe after you've said or done a particular thing?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 12:01 am

I have quite a few friends... but not many that I can let loose and just be myself with.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 12:07 am

How do you know that you are annoying them?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 12:09 am

well, yes, quite a few of them do tell me that. or, sometimes someone will bring it up, and the people around will be like "Yeah, you are annoying"

and they get annoyed once I start saying something to them.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/28/05 at 12:11 am

OMG...people truly SUCK! >:(

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 12:12 am

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 12:13 am

I know... after reading what Robin did to Howard and then this...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 12:14 am

I know... after reading what Robin did to Howard and then this...

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 12:15 am

OMG...what is Robin's problem anyways? Howard was trying to be nice and romantic and thoughtful by getting her that plaque....and she totally made him feel bad...I think she is too influenced by her parents. :-\\

wait, where is this posted?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 12:17 am

i can't remember exactly because Howard talked about the situation in a few threads, I think.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/28/05 at 12:18 am

I think it's in the Feel Any Way...

Written By: ADH13 on 12/28/05 at 12:21 am

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 12:22 am

I would if I thought they were annoying and they ASKED me if I thought they were annoying.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/28/05 at 2:26 am

Definitely the same for me.

I find the hardest thing in that kind of situation is being "conflicted" - when two or more people each want you to do something different. That's when I'm thinking, Please! Just get me out of this!!! LOL.

Perfect example: a few years back I was babysitting my mom's friend's two little boys (then about 4 and 6). Nothing big, just basically watching them for a couple hours at their house. The older one had homework he had to do as well.

Now, they were nothing like me at that age, so they weren't into TV or anything else - pretty much just into each other. I was nice with them, but I got the feeling they kinda viewed me as this "big" person (to their age, a 17 or 18 year old may as well be 50, lol) and didn't really interact with me.

Anyway, it didn't take them long start playing and making a mess. When I noticed, I didn't want to be this younger version of their teachers and parents, but I had to keep order. So I said something like, "Hey. Your mom's going to get really mad at me if I let you guys do that. Trouble is no fun, is it?" instead of totally reprimanding. Same message, though. And hey, it worked! 8)

That's pretty much how I handle anything like that at work, or wherever else it comes up - I just wish the whole world was as easy to convince as a pair of toddlers, though! ;D

Fortunately, when we;re at our wits end, luckily someone or something will back out or something will get canceled and then believe it or not, I'm perfectly happy it happened that way! (even if they're not, lol)

I always have felt awkward around kids. I think when they're babies they kinda like me, but after maybe one or two, they just don't understand me.. lol. When I was in 5th grade we had this thing called "Kindergarten Buddies" and since I was new to the school I had to share my buddy with another girl. One day we went inside the school library to pick out a book and read it to them. Being my boring old self, I chose the Peter the Cottontail Rabbit while my other friend whom I was sharing my K-buddy with chose a more exciting book. Well, that little girl was bored to death with my selection and so my other friend took over with her selection and she appeared to like that one much better. It kinda sucked. It just sucked sharing her like that .. period. Anyway, to make a long story short, even then I felt like I couldn't connect with kids and stuff. I felt my choices were too serious, too adult or just not fun. I kinda was stuck in my own world, lol. And because of that, even some of my closest friends never truly felt "close" to me - I'm assuming.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 10:35 am

I talk too much when I've been drinking...

Well, if we ever get a chance to go out drinking together, niether one of us would get a word in edgewise because we would both be talking up a storm.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 10:38 am

Fortunately, when we;re at our wits end, luckily someone or something will back out or something will get canceled and then believe it or not, I'm perfectly happy it happened that way! (even if they're not, lol)

I always have felt awkward around kids. I think when they're babies they kinda like me, but after maybe one or two, they just don't understand me.. lol. When I was in 5th grade we had this thing called "Kindergarten Buddies" and since I was new to the school I had to share my buddy with another girl. One day we went inside the school library to pick out a book and read it to them. Being my boring old self, I chose the Peter the Cottontail Rabbit while my other friend whom I was sharing my K-buddy with chose a more exciting book. Well, that little girl was bored to death with my selection and so my other friend took over with her selection and she appeared to like that one much better. It kinda sucked. It just sucked sharing her like that .. period. Anyway, to make a long story short, even then I felt like I couldn't connect with kids and stuff. I felt my choices were too serious, too adult or just not fun. I kinda was stuck in my own world, lol. And because of that, even some of my closest friends never truly felt "close" to me - I'm assuming.

I hated those buddies... ...

anyway.. I don't know why, but babies just like to stare at me... even with other people around. They just stare and stare, and never give notice to anyone else, it's kinda creepy...

Written By: Howard on 12/28/05 at 4:28 pm

That I have trouble making decisions sometimes.

Written By: KKay on 12/28/05 at 7:57 pm

I'll do a shot if you offer it to me, but rarely buy one back. I HAVE to break that habit.

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 10:46 pm

well, yes, quite a few of them do tell me that. or, sometimes someone will bring it up, and the people around will be like "Yeah, you are annoying"

and they get annoyed once I start saying something to them.

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 10:54 pm

I only have a handful of friends too, but that's normal for an introvert.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/28/05 at 10:54 pm

I'm extremely awkward around people. And believe it, or not.. very anti-social.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/28/05 at 11:00 pm

I'm extremely awkward around people. And believe it, or not.. very anti-social.

I go through weird phases.  Sometimes I just want to be left alone and I don't feel like talking to anyone for days at a time... then at other times I'm the complete opposite. 

But I can't stand going to a party or event where the only person I will know is the one who invited me.  I don't like socializing with a bunch of strangers.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/28/05 at 11:03 pm

I should also add that I don't like spending the night at people's houses.  I prefer to stay at a motel... this has caused many arguments between me & my husband... because when we go visit his family, I always insist on staying in a motel, while he keeps insisting that his family will be offended if we don't stay at their house.

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 11:07 pm

I should also add that I don't like spending the night at people's houses.

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/28/05 at 11:09 pm

..um ok..so maybe i talk a bit on the fast side  :D ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/28/05 at 11:25 pm

..I'm a bad driver. >_<

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 11:37 pm

..I'm a bad driver. >_<

Beth....you....are....a.......erm,.....driver...yes, a driver. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/28/05 at 11:38 pm

Beth....you....are....a.......erm,.....driver...yes, a driver. :)

:-[ I swear I'm good when It's only me in the car. I swear..!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 11:43 pm

:-[ I swear I'm good when It's only me in the car. I swear..!!!

i know...i'm teasing ya! ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 12:48 am

Guest  12:47:13 AM Printing the topic "Everyone knows its true about you but you don't like it-".

Print this, Bish >:-{

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 2:46 pm

The way some people say that I'm too immature.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 2:48 pm

The way the say I'm too immature.

me too....with the attention span of an eight year old

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 2:51 pm

The way the say I'm too immature.

I'm pretty immature, too, Howard. S'okay.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 3:04 pm

me too....with the attention span of an eight year old

You have an attention span of an 8 Year Old? :o

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 3:06 pm

You have an attention span of an 8 Year Old? :o

sure, changing tv channels, topics of conversation, that's why this kind of site is great.
I usually get bored but this is constant fun!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/29/05 at 3:08 pm

Actualy, that's in the topic "things people think about you that you know ARENT true"

it's not true, is it?
::)

Where is this topic at? I did post something that people do know about me(voicing my inner thoughts out loud), that is true. I just wanted to get the other part out of my system.
;) ;) ;) ;)

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 3:11 pm

Where is this topic at? I did post something that people do know about me(voicing my inner thoughts out loud), that is true. I just wanted to get the other part out of my system.
;) ;) ;) ;)

wow..I don'tt even remember what I typed two days ago!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 3:13 pm

sure, changing tv channels, topics of conversation, that's why this kind of site is great.
I usually get bored but this is constant fun!

I agree with you Kay.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/29/05 at 3:14 pm

wow..I don'tt even remember what I typed two days ago!

I didn't come back to it until today, I tend to forget part of what I type too. :D ;D ;)

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 3:23 pm

I have a very bad temper  :-[

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 3:25 pm

me too. but mostly I get angry about bad manners or people that don't konw they are annoying.

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 3:30 pm

me too. but mostly I get angry about bad manners or people that don't konw they are annoying.

Small things wind me up the most. Or when mutliple people are getting on at me or asking me questions all at once

Prime example - at work the other night. I had a customer on the phone asking about her paper, I had the new woman I was working with asking me for change and then the boss came through and started asking me why the jobs hadn't been done last night. I almost lost it and started lobbing heads, but for the sake of keeping my job I didn't

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/29/05 at 3:35 pm

well, I don't mind. In my opinion, I'd rather people told me because when they don't, I'd probably just annoy them more, and then they'd just want to be around me less and less...I'm gonna figure this out... somehow...

Geez, that's pretty uncalled for. It's just mean, no matter how you roll it!

However, I do think it's better to know the truth. At least for me, I'd rather know how people really feel about me (even if it s*cks, or if it'll hurt) 'cause at least then, I can do something about it.

Just wondering, does this usually happen when you initiate stuff, or when they do? In other words, do they come up to you and tell you these kind of things, or when you're around them?

Because in the past, I know it sometimes would happen with me (still does on occasion) if I hung around people and tried to "fit in" with them -- sometimes a little too much.

It's weird, but in many occasions when I wanted to fit in with a certain group of people, once I KNEW I wasn't going to be "one of them", I kinda stopped trying and stopped caring. And usually that's when they actually ended up liking me more.

P.S. Even though I don't "know" know you or anything, but you seem like a nice, friendly guy to me, if that helps any (from the sounds of it, other people here would say the same too). :)

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 3:37 pm

Small things wind me up the most. Or when mutliple people are getting on at me or asking me questions all at once

Prime example - at work the other night. I had a customer on the phone asking about her paper, I had the new woman I was working with asking me for change and then the boss came through and started asking me why the jobs hadn't been done last night. I almost lost it and started lobbing heads, but for the sake of keeping my job I didn't

it's the worst!
i hate that; when you're doing what you should and the questions start coming.
arg.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/29/05 at 3:38 pm

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 3:42 pm

everyone knows i write messages all day....not that there's anything WRONG with that! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 3:50 pm

I spend WAY too much time at a certain message board-especially now that hubby has his own computer to play his games on-in fact, he seems to be addicted to a new one we just got, Civilization III. He was up to 11:30 last night playing and he has been playing it all day. I guess it was worth the $1.64 I paid for it  ;D (S & H cost more than the game  ::) )

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 3:53 pm

I spend WAY too much time at a certain message board-especially now that hubby has his own computer to play his games on-in fact, he seems to be addicted to a new one we just got, Civilization III. He was up to 11:30 last night playing and he has been playing it all day. I guess it was worth the $1.64 I paid for it

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/29/05 at 3:56 pm

I've never read that book, but I'm sure I would enjoy it (I always liked that stuff) and wouldn't find it boring, if that helps at all. ;)

I do know what you mean though - alot of the friends I've had, even if I liked them and hung out with them alot, I felt I couldn't always completely be myself around them. I'm definitely one of a kind, and in my own world too, LOL.

P.S. Oddly I think I've connected better with little kids as I've gotten older, maybe since you're always getting more experience with life and interacting, who knows?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 4:07 pm

Hey, at least that certain messageboard is free... unlike, say, uh, ebay? :)

Oh man, tell me about it. I don't even want to think how much $$$ I spent on e-bay in the last few months.  :-[

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 4:17 pm

Oh man, tell me about it. I don't even want to think how much $$$ I spent on e-bay in the last few months.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 4:21 pm

haha I see things I want on ebay all the time... but when it comes to actually bidding on them, I procrastinate. ::) :-[

Then I get around to it after the auction has ended.

I TRY not to look. If I look, I want. If I don't look, I won't know. I think I am going to have to go to E.A. (E-bay Anonymous)

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 4:35 pm

I TRY not to look. If I look, I want. If I don't look, I won't know. I think I am going to have to go to E.A. (E-bay Anonymous)

Cat

Well, this is what I do... maybe it would help you.  If you see something you want, click on "Watch this item" and wait until about 20 minutes before the auction ends before you actually bid... (that way there's less of a chance someone will outbid you)

Then if you forget to go back and bid, it wasn't all that important. :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/29/05 at 4:37 pm

I've only bought two things on Ebay -- both cost me a fortune, but were worth it, LOL.

-A huge 80's music video collection someone burned to DVD
-Tons of retro Nintendo Power magazines (late 80's/early 90's)

Then again, every time I go to Goodwill (which is ALOT!!!), it's basically the "real life" version of that. And I can't count all the stuff I've accumulated from there over the years (started going there in '98). ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 4:41 pm

Then again, every time I go to Goodwill (which is ALOT!!!), it's basically the "real life" version of that. And I can't count all the stuff I've accumulated from there over the years (started going there in '98). ;)

haha I was just at the Goodwill on Almaden & Foxworthy about 45 minutes ago. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 4:49 pm

Well, this is what I do... maybe it would help you.  If you see something you want, click on "Watch this item" and wait until about 20 minutes before the auction ends before you actually bid... (that way there's less of a chance someone will outbid you)

Then if you forget to go back and bid, it wasn't all that important. :)

I watch the item until about a minute and a half before it ends to place my bid. Believe it or not, I have let some things go because I didn't want it THAT much.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 4:51 pm

I watch the item until about a minute and a half before it ends to place my bid. Believe it or not, I have let some things go because I didn't want it THAT much.

Cat

yeah, when you have to get up in the middle of the night to bed, the item seems much less important.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 4:55 pm

yeah, when you have to get up in the middle of the night to bed, the item seems much less important.  I've done that too, and I tell myself I'm going to get up at 5:30 am (or whenever the auction ends) and I've even set my alarm... but when the alarm goes off, I say "ah, forget it, i dont want it that bad" and I go back to sleep.

I have never gotten up in the middle of the night or got up real early in the morning just for e-bay. Ok, I guess I am not THAT bad. But, I usually turn the computer off when it is time for dinner. If an auction is going to end just an hour or two later, I will keep it on.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/05 at 6:35 pm

I think I may have asked you this before, but I'm not sure so I'll ask again.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/05 at 6:40 pm

I have a very bad temper

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 6:41 pm

yes, you do.

Now yell at me.

I ain't yellin' at ya, fool!

Nobody here has seen me lose my temper (I don't think)... plenty of people at school, work and at home have though. It's not pretty and i'm not particularly proud of it  :-[

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/05 at 6:42 pm

Just wondering, does this usually happen when you initiate stuff, or when they do? In other words, do they come up to you and tell you these kind of things, or when you're around them?

it depends on the person. Some people tell me when I try to talk to them, others say it kind of randomly, and then others I ask to see if it's just certain people or everyone..

Written By: jackas on 12/29/05 at 11:44 pm

The way some people say that I'm too immature.

Hey Howard, I'm as old as you and I am very immature.  I mean, I can pay my bills on time and take care of my girls, but besides that, forget it.  When I was 17 or so, I used to wonder when I was going to become more mature and start acting like my mom.  Never happened.........thank god!  Maybe you just hang out with people who are just too serious for you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/05 at 11:59 pm

That I don't like those female type commercials and my wife and daughter and wife's friends all tease me about it love to watch me squirm

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/30/05 at 12:01 am

Everyone thinks I'm this sweet and innocent girl - and I'm NOT, damn it!  ;D "Nobody's perfect"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 12:08 am

Everyone thinks I'm this sweet and innocent girl - and I'm NOT, damn it!

Written By: Davester on 12/30/05 at 12:11 am

Everyone thinks I'm this sweet and innocent girl - and I'm NOT, damn it!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/30/05 at 12:37 am

lol, I'll try... At work, I lead a different life - They call me Evil Jr. (after Evil Sr., my other comrade at work) - so little does the unknowing public know, lol.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/05 at 10:03 am

Everyone thinks I'm this sweet and innocent girl - and I'm NOT, damn it!  ;D "Nobody's perfect"

As I have told people for many, many years, that my horns are the only thing holding my halo up.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/30/05 at 1:24 pm

As I have told people for many, many years, that my horns are the only thing holding my halo up.  ;D ;D

Cat

That's a good one.. I'll have to keep that one in mind for future references ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 2:57 pm

although it's really a good thing;
I"m known as an 80s girl through and through...
yet here I really stick to the 70s threads...

Written By: Howard on 12/30/05 at 4:39 pm

Hey Howard, I'm as old as you and I am very immature.  I mean, I can pay my bills on time and take care of my girls, but besides that, forget it.  When I was 17 or so, I used to wonder when I was going to become more mature and start acting like my mom.  Never happened.........thank god!  Maybe you just hang out with people who are just too serious for you.

Well,I've had friends who were way below my level and I have friends now who are on my level or are a little bit above my level but That's ok.People are People and I have to choose the right ones to hang out with.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/09/06 at 1:56 pm

I'm a self-centered d*ck.

But so is everybody.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/06 at 4:13 pm

I talk a little too fast sometimes.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/09/06 at 4:49 pm

.. sometimes I don't say what I mean and I don't mean what I say... and that confuses a lot of family members.. lol

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 5:53 pm

I'd rather do things alone than put up with other people.
but I"m learning.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/09/06 at 8:27 pm

I'd rather do things alone than put up with other people.
but I"m learning.

That's how I feel about shopping.  I prefer to go to the mall alone than with friends.  That way I can just go into the stores that I want to, and stay in the stores for as little or as long as I want to.  I know, I sound selfish.

Going with my husband is the worst though.  He sits on the bench outside while I go into the stores.  One time I came out of a store and found him asleep!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/06 at 9:02 pm

That's how I feel about shopping.  I prefer to go to the mall alone than with friends.  That way I can just go into the stores that I want to, and stay in the stores for as little or as long as I want to.  I know, I sound selfish.

Going with my husband is the worst though.  He sits on the bench outside while I go into the stores.  One time I came out of a store and found him asleep!

I like going by myself as well....especially whenever I am thrift or antique shopping...as, I am the type that likes to look in every single corner of the store....but my husband, and of course Vaughn get very restless.

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 9:09 pm

Don't you hate it when you make the mistake of bringing your husband with you and all he can do the whole time is ask you when you're going to be done. ::)

Then in the back of your mind you're asking yourself why the hell you brought him with you in the first place.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/09/06 at 9:11 pm

Don't you hate it when you make the mistake of bringing your husband with you and all he can do the whole time is ask you when you're going to be done. ::)

Then in the back of your mind you're asking yourself why the hell you brought him with you in the first place.

Yes, I do hate that... but I think even worse is when I go with friends, and THEY are taking forever in a store, and I have to pretend to look at things on racks that i have no interest in whatsoever, just so I don't seem like I'm being impatient.

Written By: Morton on 01/10/06 at 10:08 am

I swear way way WAY too f*cking much  ;D

But on a serious note, I really need to pack it in. I got wrong on Sunday for letting an expletive slip at work, and I got pretty badly wrong at school today after a teacher heard me utter the dreaded 'f' word... I have issues :-[

Written By: Howard on 01/10/06 at 4:44 pm

When I feel discouraged but I try to bounce back from adversity.I've gone through a lot of hurdles over the past 13 years.I'm ready for a paying job. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/06 at 8:16 pm

apparantly I am too demanding, just because I asked my husband to do a few things around the house before we have people over here for a Super Bowl party. ::) :(

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:22 pm

I have trouble making decisions sometimes. :(

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 4:28 pm

apparantly I am too demanding, just because I asked my husband to do a few things around the house before we have people over here for a Super Bowl party. ::) :(

I dont understand whats demanding about keeping the house clean. I have to do all sorts of stuff around here and I don't even get told to I'm expected to know what I'm supposed to do.  :D

Written By: ADH13 on 01/11/06 at 4:40 pm

I dont understand whats demanding about keeping the house clean. I have to do all sorts of stuff around here and I don't even get told to I'm expected to know what I'm supposed to do.  :D

I hope you will continue that mentality when you get married.  If you do, I'm sure your wife will be very happy. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/06 at 6:02 pm

I think everyone knows that I am very much in love with Carlos.  ;D ;D ;D  (But, I like the fact that everyone knows that.  ;D)

Cat

Written By: Morton on 01/11/06 at 6:45 pm

There is something nobody knows about me, but I don't like it

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 7:14 pm

well, he is usually okay with household chores, but I do most of them as it is. I just asked him last night to re-caulk the bathtub before we have guests over our house..and he got all huffy and said that it was gonna be a big job...so whenever I stated that I would go ahead and do it...he rushed upstairs and did most of it in like 1/2 hr. LOL! :D ;D

Written By: KKay on 01/11/06 at 9:19 pm

this should be a resolution too...
I KNOW I think about waht I'm going to say while others are talking and sometimes don't pay attention.
and I KNOW eveyone knows it.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/12/06 at 1:53 pm

this should be a resolution too...
I KNOW I think about waht I'm going to say while others are talking and sometimes don't pay attention.
and I KNOW eveyone knows it.

Oh my god I do that tooo!  They know?  Or do you just think they know?

Written By: KKay on 01/12/06 at 2:01 pm

Oh my god I do that tooo!   They know?  Or do you just think they know?

I know they know becuase my really close friends try to get their eyes right in front of mine so they know I"m focusing...
or my mother will say 'know what I mean?"
or Brendan says "you know who I"m talking about?" to be sure I'm following.
My best friend says "you're not paying attention, are you?"

Yeah, some people know.
:-\\

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/12/06 at 2:05 pm

I know they know becuase my really close friends try to get their eyes right in front of mine so they know I"m focusing...
or my mother will say 'know what I mean?"
or Brendan says "you know who I"m talking about?" to be sure I'm following.
My best friend says "you're not paying attention, are you?"

Yeah, some people know.
:-\\

I find it hard to pay attention and not interrupt when people are saying something predictable.  I want to finish their sentence quickly so I say mine.  My friends know I do that so they must know I do the other also.  Thank God I'm funny and come up with all the outrageous drinking activities or I'd have no friends! ;D

Written By: KKay on 01/12/06 at 2:07 pm

I find it hard to pay attention and not interrupt when people are saying something predictable.  I want to finish their sentence quickly so I say mine.  My friends know I do that so they must know I do the other also.  Thank God I'm funny and come up with all the outrageous drinking activities or I'd have no friends! ;D

hee hee...I am totally ready for a drinking game...at 3pm.
anyway, I did that all the time! I actually made a new year's resolution to do stop and I did.  it was REALLY hard.

There is a funny form of interruption here on the boards..when you're typing and the little red letters appear saying someoone else has already posted..
I wonder if I can do that to someone on purpose...heee heee *evil laugh*

Written By: jackas on 01/12/06 at 3:18 pm

There is a funny form of interruption here on the boards..when you're typing and the little red letters appear saying someoone else has already posted..
I wonder if I can do that to someone on purpose...heee heee *evil laugh*

It has already been done.

Written By: KKay on 01/12/06 at 3:19 pm

It has already been done.

good. I don't want to work that hard at it.
yawn...

Check for new replies or respond here...