inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: inthe00s t-shirts?

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/28/05 at 8:02 am

Badfinger-fan suggested to me that people might be interested in stuff from inthe00s.

The only problem with that, is I don't really have a site logo, or a motto, or anything I could even visually think of for a t-shirt.  Anyone have any ideas?

Subject: Re: inthe00s t-shirts?

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 10:06 am

I'm terrible with these things... The best I can think of (And it's pretty bad), is :Babble about the past...

AHH!!

But if I had a credit card, I would buy a shirt.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 10:47 am

If there is a tee shirt, I will buy TWO (one for me and one for Carlos). It is funny because Carlos just suggested the same thing I was just thinking of (man, it is scary how much we think alike)-a collage of avitars but I don't know how practical that would be-or have a list of board members (up to the time you create the shirt). Just some ideas.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 10:52 am

If there is a tee shirt, I will buy TWO (one for me and one for Carlos). It is funny because Carlos just suggested the same thing I was just thinking of (man, it is scary how much we think alike)-a collage of avitars but I don't know how practical that would be-or have a list of board members (up to the time you create the shirt). Just some ideas.

Cat

I like both of those... but what about the members who don't post, or maybe members wouldn't like their names.

Also, a lot of the avatars here are copyrighted, so it might not work out... I dunno

Maybe Chucky should make a logo... then we could have it for the website's heading!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 10:58 am

I like both of those... but what about the members who don't post, or maybe members wouldn't like their names.

Also, a lot of the avatars here are copyrighted, so it might not work out... I dunno

Maybe Chucky should make a logo... then we could have it for the website's heading!

Yeah, I was thinking of the copyrighted thing-that is why I would be hestitant on the avitars. As for the names, maybe there should be a thread, "If you want your name on the tee-shirt..." and who ever doesn't respond, won't get their name on it (sort of like a "permission slip").

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 11:01 am

or... it could just be something totally random with a "INTHE00S" logo on the back.

Maybe it could have a tuna fish on the front

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/28/05 at 11:05 am

I like the idea!  8)

Written By: Morton on 12/28/05 at 11:30 am

I like the idea as well, but i'm all out of creativity at the moment, so I have no logo ideas to submit  :(

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/28/05 at 12:16 pm

it could be penguin related (in keeping with the ratings scheme)

or maybe just a bunch of pop icons from previous decades? that might violate copyright though

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/05 at 12:18 pm

The picture on the T-Shirt could be of the baby pengiun that disappeared recently.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 12:20 pm

or maybe just a bunch of pop icons from previous decades? that might violate copyright though

having a picture of a pop star, Michael Jackson, for example, is not illegal.

But, I think making one of a band as a whole, might be...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 12:43 pm

I like the penguin idea.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 12:54 pm

Hey ChuckyG, thanks for posting this. I had only envisioned something simple, like the home page

inthe00s and I like Philip Eno's idea of the Penguin, since that seems to be the mascot here, so maybe a penguin sitting in front of a computer monitor typing on a keyboard would be cute on the front. I like black shirts, but different colors with that would be cool. Just my 2cents, and I'm not a logo designer or tee shirt manufacturer, but I was wearing a concert tee and thought that would be cool to be wearing a inthe00s and have someone recognize it in a store or while out and about. Who knows, maybe meet a regular that way.

I REALLY like the idea of a penguin typing at a computer.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:v5H86y3DKIsJ:www.oaea.net/enter.gif

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/28/05 at 1:02 pm

having a picture of a pop star, Michael Jackson, for example, is not illegal.

But, I think making one of a band as a whole, might be...

I meant pop icons like Rubik's cubes and bell bottoms, not pop stars. 

a penguin at a computer could be cool.  I wonder how much confusion there would be the with the Linux TUX mascot?  I guess if it didn't look like theirs it would be ok.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 1:06 pm

I meant pop icons like Rubik's cubes and bell bottoms, not pop stars.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/28/05 at 1:14 pm

I REALLY like the idea of a penguin typing at a computer.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:v5H86y3DKIsJ:www.oaea.net/enter.gif

Cat

That is so cool and exactly as I envisioned. wow, you're good Cat. now get the inthe00s on there somewhere and we'll start seeing those shirts everywhere. nice work

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/28/05 at 1:19 pm

That is so cool and exactly as I envisioned. wow, you're good Cat. now get the inthe00s on there somewhere and we'll start seeing those shirts everywhere. nice work

can't really use someone else's work like that.  That's a Linux Tux image, which is probably trademarked at the very least, and the image belongs to who ever created it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/28/05 at 1:31 pm

can't really use someone else's work like that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/05 at 2:02 pm

copyright infringement for sures, but maybe someone here can draw up something, no matter what, I'd be happy to even just have

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/28/05 at 2:08 pm

I am sure that a member on these boards has a talent for drawing.

Not me...I just do pottery!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/28/05 at 2:10 pm

How about organising a competition?

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 2:28 pm

I'd be happy to even just have

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/05 at 2:30 pm

I agree with this.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/28/05 at 2:36 pm

How about organising a competition?

that's what I suggested

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/28/05 at 3:09 pm

While I can see why some people might just want the site name (no pictures) the logo isn't really much to speak of at the moment.

I'm all for a contest, I propose there be two, one for a new site logo, one for a t-shirt design.

I was just thinking about it, and maybe the site logo should have each letter in a different font face, that looks like it comes from a different decade?

Written By: Davester on 12/28/05 at 3:37 pm

How about Chicks Dig inthe80's!, with the penguin logo, of course...

Seriously...

Written By: Howard on 12/28/05 at 3:44 pm

That would be fantastic.I might want to wear the shirts if they happen to be made.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/05 at 4:00 pm

Just went to Google images. But, like Chucky said, that is probably trademarked.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/28/05 at 4:12 pm

Chucky also needs a front and back logo.

Written By: gemini on 12/28/05 at 5:32 pm

Maybe the different decades could be written in different type font to coincide with that decade, like 60s could be written in like a psychedelic style font, the 70s in something that looks more 70ish and so on.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/28/05 at 7:53 pm

How about an owl logo, where the "00" in inthe00s.com form the eyes of the owl?  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/28/05 at 11:17 pm

Maybe the different decades could be written in different type font to coincide with that decade, like 60s could be written in like a psychedelic style font, the 70s in something that looks more 70ish and so on.
**There are no bad ideas when brainstorming, people just gotta throw em out there & Chucky mentions the different font for different decades a few comments up, so great minds think alike. I just want a shirt. the Owl eyes for the 00s would be cool but it sure seems like the Penguin is the bird of choice based on site theme, but thats my opinion.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 11:33 pm

I think that it would be really cool to have a black shirt with a logo similiar to this one pictured below...but have "Inthe00's" instead of the word welcome. It's very retro looking...simple but to the point...and it contains those neato retro sparkle stars that were so popular in that kind of retro style.  What do you guys think?

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=retro+sparkle/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12cr5k0ke/EXP=1135920468/*-http%3A//www.dancingstar.net/Freegrap/sparkly/sparhead.jpg

Also...ya gotta make tank tops as well..

as a side note....my uncle is a graphic designer and he has his own business...he does silk screening and embroidering..and he does work for people all over the world...so, I could talk to him about maybe doing something like this and printing them for us. ;)

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 11:39 pm

I think that it would be really cool to have a black shirt with a logo similiar to this one pictured below...but have "Inthe00's" instead of the word welcome. It's very retro looking...simple but to the point...and it contains those neato retro sparkle stars that were so popular in that kind of retro style.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 11:41 pm

That's a cool idea for the picture Erin. :)

Written By: jackas on 12/28/05 at 11:44 pm

that's true Chrissy...that would be a very good advertising tool, as well as a conversation piece.

I don't think I need the shirt to use inthe00s as a conversation piece. :-\\ ;D ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/28/05 at 11:47 pm

I think that it would be really cool to have a black shirt with a logo similiar to this one pictured below...but have "Inthe00's" instead of the word welcome. It's very retro looking...simple but to the point...and it contains those neato retro sparkle stars that were so popular in that kind of retro style.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/05 at 11:47 pm

I don't think I need the shirt to use inthe00s as a conversation piece. :-\\ ;D ;)

LOL..same here!  :D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/05 at 12:11 am

How about an old school Diner style logo?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/whistledog/inthe00s.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/05 at 12:12 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/05 at 12:16 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: gemini on 12/29/05 at 4:45 am

**There are no bad ideas when brainstorming, people just gotta throw em out there & Chucky mentions the different font for different decades a few comments up, so great minds think alike.

Sorry, I missed his comment  :-

Written By: Davester on 12/29/05 at 8:01 am

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/29/05 at 9:07 am

as a side note....my uncle is a graphic designer and he has his own business...he does silk screening and embroidering..and he does work for people all over the world...so, I could talk to him about maybe doing something like this and printing them for us. ;)

I can do these with cafepress like I do for amiright and inthe80s, which means they print them as people order them.  No work needed on anyone's part really.

There's another web site I signed up for, that I now have to dig up, that is like cafepress, but does real silk screened images (not the iron-on quality stuff cafepress does).  If people want just a simple logo, and it can be kept to just a couple colors, I could always try them out.  It's called spreadshirt.  I'll probably set up the shirt at both stores, and people can take their pick of which place they'd like to order from.

It seems like people like the retro logo approach, and just a logo, and the ideas so far are pretty good, so I guess that's the way to go.  It would be nice to finally have a logo for the messageboard.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/29/05 at 9:18 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 9:54 am

I think this is a cool idea..I like the ideas so far..

I went off into the "interweb" to find appropriate quotes. 
Didnt do well. I did find one that made me laugh, though.

"Time flies like an arrow- fruit flies like a banana."
-grouch0

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 11:00 am

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 11:42 am

A collage of avatars WOULD be cool...mainly because I would like to see other people wearing t-shirts with my visage.  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 12:03 pm

I want my shirt to bear this..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/Shirt.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/05 at 12:18 pm

I like the font for the site name.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/05 at 12:31 pm

I want my shirt to bear this..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/Shirt.jpg

:D ;D I'd sport it! LOL!

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 1:01 pm

I'll take 1 large, Black with white letters. and could you add in smaller font spread around the logo

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/05 at 1:05 pm

It would be cool to have a couple designs....the simple retro one, an then another one that has a penguin on it, for those that fancy the penguin idea.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 1:21 pm

I just posted this on the other thread because blind me didn't see this thread.  :-[  But this is my idea about the back of the tee shirt (or something similar).

Bobby~Bobo~CatwomanofV~CeramicsFanatic~Cogs~crazymom~DanootaAndMe~FussBudgetVanPelt~gemini~Henk~ Howard~Indy Gent~jacks~JamieMcBain~karen~ktelqueen~Luke~Marian~MaxwellSmart~MidKnightDarkness~nally~Paul~ Philip Eno~Quirk~Sheth Shady~stingr22~Tam~Tanya1976~whis

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 1:41 pm

I just posted this on the other thread because blind me didn't see this thread.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 1:43 pm

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be beside Sheth!!11. I like that idea, actually---of somehow incorporating all of the regular posters (Whether it be with their names or avatars). I think "Cogs" should be "Apricot", though.. most people know him as that.

..Wtf.. Cogs..?

I was just going by what name was on the list.

Cat

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 1:45 pm

I was just going by what name was on the list.

Cat

Yeah, I know. Either way, I like the idea :)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 1:46 pm

Yeah I think it's a good idea to put the member names on the back.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 1:53 pm

I think a sweatshirt or jacket would be better than a tank top... but then again, that's probably because I'm always cold.. so I don't wear tank tops too often.

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/05 at 1:54 pm

The thing with names though is that some people constantly change their username, so it would be a wee bit confusing, but nonetheless, i think it is a great idea :)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 1:55 pm

Or how about sticking everyone's picture of themselves on the back of the T-Shirt and a logo in front?

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 1:56 pm

Or how about sticking everyone's picture of themselves on the back of the T-Shirt and a logo in front?

I don't want a picture of myself on it...but i wouldn't mind my screen name on it.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 1:57 pm

I don't want a picture of myself on it...but i wouldn't mind my screen name on it.

What's wrong with letting the world know what you look like? ???

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 2:00 pm

What's wrong with letting the world know what you look like? ???

I don't like to look at pictures of myself.

Although maybe Chrissy could photoshop us into a group photo... that might be kinda cool.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 2:01 pm

I think we were need to have a size XXXXXL to fit everyone pic on it.  Or else the pics will be so small that no one would be able to see it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 2:02 pm

I think we were need to have a size XXXXXL to fit everyone pic on it.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 2:04 pm

Although maybe Chrissy could photoshop us into a group photo... that might be kinda cool.

Now THAT would be really cool.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 2:05 pm

How about an individual picture on one T-Shirt?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 2:11 pm

Now THAT would be really cool.

Yeah, it would be cool but is it possible? There are now 3640 members. Now, I know that there are many who have never posted or only posted once or twice and several more have disappeared into obscurity.  I don't know how many of us "regulars" there are but there is probably more than 50 or so.

How about an individual picture on one T-Shirt?

Why don't you put your pic on a tee shirt-just for yourself. Then you will have one-of-a-kind.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 2:13 pm

Yeah, it would be cool but is it possible? There are now 3640 members. Now, I know that there are many who have never posted or only posted once or twice and several more have disappeared into obscurity.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/05 at 2:28 pm

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 2:54 pm

me too...  :( 

You too, what? Didn't see this thread or want your name on the shirt? If it is the later, like I said, I only used the first 30 names on the most posts board just to get a feel of what I had in mind. I really didn't want to sit here and do that for all 3640 members so no one would feel left out. So all those I didn't include-PLEASE FORGIVE ME!  (I'm sure some of you may have noted that I didn't even include my husband-so don't feel bad.)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 3:00 pm

How about that picture of me from when Jimmy was here? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/29/05 at 4:20 pm

You too, what? Didn't see this thread or want your name on the shirt? If it is the later, like I said, I only used the first 30 names on the most posts board just to get a feel of what I had in mind. I really didn't want to sit here and do that for all 3640 members so no one would feel left out. So all those I didn't include-PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/05 at 9:06 pm

Written By: Davester on 12/29/05 at 10:34 pm

I like the list of user names on the back of the shirt, as well.  Nice touch.  Like one of those old senior "class of" t-shirts that I've seen before...

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 12:53 am

How about inthe00s hats as well? 

What about an inthe00s CD (each member picks their favourite song, and they are compiled on a CD collection)

Maybe even an inthe00s jingle (you could market it as a ring tone)  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 1:01 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Davester on 12/30/05 at 1:03 am

That's all good stuff, hats shirts, cds, if we ain't careful this place is gonna become an idustry

I can't tell if he's serious...

whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 1:05 am

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 1:06 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 1:23 am

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/30/05 at 10:02 am

I like the list of user names on the back of the shirt, as well.  Nice touch.  Like one of those old senior "class of" t-shirts that I've seen before...

I did one of those way back in the stone ages (1991) when I was in high school for my graduating class. I was the resident computer geek, and it had to be done on Macintosh due to the number of names.  I still have it, even if it's a bit worn.  Despite 5 people proof-checking it, we still ended up duplicating a name, and adding someone who had dropped out.  It was a huge mad rush too, because a friend of mine was supposed to be the one doing the names, and he of course didn't do it.

As for doing it for this t-shirt... while it was a cool idea for amiright's parody authors, I don't think it's as cool of an idea for inthe00s.  Mostly because it would be hard to determine an appropriate list of names, some names contain trademarks in them (I think anyways), and people change them, etc.  It just seems like a big headache.  If we ever did a real-life meetup or something, I could totally see doing it with the names of who attends though.

I think initially, I'll just stick to the logo/motto idea.  With cafepress I can do big and small ones, etc.  I'm going to put the penguin idea on hold too, not that I'll rule out ever doing it.

Written By: jackas on 12/30/05 at 11:17 am

How about that picture of me from when Jimmy was here? ;D

You mean this one? ;D ;D

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/chimp.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/05 at 11:22 am

You mean this one? ;D ;D

LMAO!!!!

Cat

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 11:26 am

You mean this one? ;D ;D

that's so disurbing!
I had a stuffed monkey witha plastic face that looked like that!!!
and IT was disturbing...

(not that you have a plastic face,Howard)

ewww.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/05 at 12:40 pm

Going for the 70s psychedelic look 8) And I'm not sure why I spent so long making these, as they are most likely not being used... meh.

http://parodylover.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/inthe00s2.jpg.w300h300.jpg

http://parodylover.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/inthe00s.jpg.w300h300.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 12:44 pm

Going for the 70s psychedelic look 8) And I'm not sure why I spent so long making these, as they are most likely not being used... meh.

http://parodylover.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/inthe00s2.jpg.w300h300.jpg

http://parodylover.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/inthe00s.jpg.w300h300.jpg
Psychedelic is good, nice work

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/05 at 12:45 pm

Psychedelic is good, nice work

thank you

Written By: jackas on 12/30/05 at 12:58 pm

What happened to the pictures. :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/05 at 1:04 pm

What happened to the pictures. :(

whatever do you mean??

Written By: jackas on 12/30/05 at 1:12 pm

whatever do you mean??

All I see is the tripod.com logo.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/05 at 1:18 pm

huh.. it shows up for me  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/05 at 1:23 pm

Maybe that is the logo he wanted.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 3:45 pm

You can't hotlink images from tripod websites.  You can only view the pics if you cut and paste the address of the image in the web address bar

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/30/05 at 3:49 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 12/30/05 at 3:55 pm

You mean this one? ;D ;D

No,not that picture,That's an awful one.How about the picture from The Howard Fun Club? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 4:03 pm

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/inthe00s.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/30/05 at 4:06 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/05 at 4:18 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/05 at 4:20 pm

Could we get it flashing on the tee shirts, too? Now, that would be cool.

Cat

Probably unless it was a hologram.  Otherwise, it would be the only T-shirt with a battery operated neon sign  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/05 at 4:28 pm

How about something with Owl-Shaped Eyes? ;D

Written By: gemini on 12/30/05 at 6:58 pm

I did one of those way back in the stone ages (1991) when I was in high school for my graduating class. I was the resident computer geek, and it had to be done on Macintosh due to the number of names.  I still have it, even if it's a bit worn.  Despite 5 people proof-checking it, we still ended up duplicating a name, and adding someone who had dropped out.  It was a huge mad rush too, because a friend of mine was supposed to be the one doing the names, and he of course didn't do it.

As for doing it for this t-shirt... while it was a cool idea for amiright's parody authors, I don't think it's as cool of an idea for inthe00s.  Mostly because it would be hard to determine an appropriate list of names, some names contain trademarks in them (I think anyways), and people change them, etc.  It just seems like a big headache.  If we ever did a real-life meetup or something, I could totally see doing it with the names of who attends though.

I think initially, I'll just stick to the logo/motto idea.  With cafepress I can do big and small ones, etc.  I'm going to put the penguin idea on hold too, not that I'll rule out ever doing it.

So are you absolutely, totally against the names on the shirts then? Just wondering if maybe we could take a vote on what everyone would like, and then maybe then you could decide. Since it did sound like alot of people liked the idea  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 7:11 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 8:36 pm

Could we get it flashing on the tee shirts, too? Now, that would be cool.

Cat

I would be willing to carry around a car battery if it would keep it flashing!

Written By: YWN on 12/30/05 at 9:16 pm

I would be willing to carry around a car battery if it would keep it flashing!

...or we could just flash people.

We are whores, aren't we?

Written By: jackas on 12/30/05 at 10:15 pm

No,not that picture,That's an awful one.How about the picture from The Howard Fun Club? ;D

Ohhhh, the one were you're dressed up as the gay cowboy from The Village People. :D

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/thevillagepeople.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 11:05 pm

I'm feeling distraught at having seen this

Written By: Howard on 12/31/05 at 7:13 am

Ohhhh, the one were you're dressed up as the gay cowboy from The Village People. :D

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/thevillagepeople.jpg

That picture looks too gay.Nobody wants to remember me from The Village People. ::)  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/05 at 2:34 pm

That picture looks too gay.Nobody wants to remember me from The Village People. ::)  ;D
Howard, you could become a pop culture ICON if this were the logo. first time I ever saw an indian with a mustache and goatee

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/05 at 2:47 pm

I wish to forget Village People.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/05 at 7:10 pm

So are you absolutely, totally against the names on the shirts then? Just wondering if maybe we could take a vote on what everyone would like, and then maybe then you could decide. Since it did sound like alot of people liked the idea  :-\\

I'm just saying that initially I'd like to do it without the names.  Not that it'll never happen.

Written By: gemini on 12/31/05 at 7:14 pm

I'm just saying that initially I'd like to do it without the names.  Not that it'll never happen.

That's cool, Chucky. I'm sure it will be easier for ya that way! BTW, thanks for the New Years smilies!  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/06 at 8:58 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/06 at 12:53 pm

unfortunately, I found this logo used on another site (with a different name), so in the interest of not stealing someone else's work, I think we'll be passing on this one.

I've got some ideas I hashed out last night for a little while.  I'll post a few tomorrow.

Yeah, I took the bone shaped image from some Clip Art site I found years ago.  The font itself came with my Windows XP

Written By: Howard on 01/01/06 at 1:46 pm

Howard, you could become a pop culture ICON if this were the logo. first time I ever saw an indian with a mustache and goatee

I don't want to become a pop culture icon. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/06 at 2:35 pm

Oh sure you do Howard. Can't you see it now, Howard tee shirts, Howard coffee mugs, Howard hats, etc. etc. I can just 20 years from now in the 2000s boards someone starting a thread asking if anyone had a Howard tee shirt.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/01/06 at 2:50 pm

Oh sure you do Howard. Can't you see it now, Howard tee shirts, Howard coffee mugs, Howard hats, etc. etc. I can just 20 years from now in the 2000s boards someone starting a thread asking if anyone had a Howard tee shirt.

Cat

Maybe you'll see me on National Television. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/01/06 at 2:52 pm

I was just messin w/ya Howard. That would be way too much publicity.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/06 at 2:56 pm

I was just messin w/ya Howard. That would be way too much publicity.

I don't want my name everywhere,I'm not a celebrity. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/06 at 3:38 pm

I wish to forget Village People.

I thought the Village People were cool.  They were a gay band that did songs that we straights could like and dance to.  Weren't preachy and just did their thing.

I always wanted to be able to grow a 'stache as thick as the one that the late Glenn Hughes (the leather guy) had.  8)

I recall that the United States Navy wanted to use their song "In the Navy" for recruiting, until they understood what the lyrics really were about.   ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/02/06 at 7:20 am

I could ask my Mother if she could make up a practice logo cause she knows how to use Photoshop.She's in the T-Shirt business but My Mother does this at home but doesn't make any money right now but she does it for fun. :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/03/06 at 12:25 am

I'll buy a red one!  :D

Written By: gemini on 01/03/06 at 11:02 am

I'll buy a red one!  :D

A "good" red one?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/03/06 at 12:35 pm

How about a talking T-Shirt?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/06 at 10:23 am

How about a talking T-Shirt?  ;D

what would it say?

Written By: Howard on 01/04/06 at 3:51 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/06 at 5:58 pm

Welcome To The Decades Forum,How May I Help You? ;D

Do you want fries with that?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/06 at 6:06 pm

This is your brain. This is your brain at the message boards.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:aGL7TE6Bww4J:mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/tequila/web/scrambled_eggs.jpg

Any questions? 

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: jackas on 01/04/06 at 6:08 pm

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:aGL7TE6Bww4J:mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/tequila/web/scrambled_eggs.jpg

Any questions? 

;D ;D ;D

Cat

huh??  http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/4.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/04/06 at 6:21 pm

huh??  http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/4.gif

that... made me laugh..

congrats!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/06 at 6:50 pm

Any questions? 

;D ;D ;D

Cat

those scrambled eggs look good. makin me wanna have breakfast for dinner :P

Written By: Howard on 01/05/06 at 2:50 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: jackas on 01/05/06 at 5:13 pm

I'm so excited about these t-shirts Chucky.  When are we gonna know something, huh-huh? http://www.smileys.ws/smls/cheeky/00000006.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/06 at 10:58 am

I'm so excited about these t-shirts Chucky.  When are we gonna know something, huh-huh? http://www.smileys.ws/smls/cheeky/00000006.gif

well, I did a little work on it last weekend.  I'd have probably done more since then, but I've been building a cabinet for my kitchen and wanted to finish it up this week.  I've been promising the wife a place to display her collectables for about 18 months now, so I figured she'd waited long enough >grin<  Seriousily though, I'm really close to finishing it, so I've been putting all my spare time into it.

I'm going to look over the list of motto suggestions today and start a new voting topic with the better entries.  So I guess once I know what the site motto should be, that would encourage me to finish it up sooner.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 11:02 am

well, I did a little work on it last weekend.  I'd have probably done more since then, but I've been building a cabinet for my kitchen and wanted to finish it up this week.  I've been promising the wife a place to display her collectables for about 18 months now, so I figured she'd waited long enough >grin<   Seriousily though, I'm really close to finishing it, so I've been putting all my spare time into it.

I'm going to look over the list of motto suggestions today and start a new voting topic with the better entries.  So I guess once I know what the site motto should be, that would encourage me to finish it up sooner.

sounds cool Chucky! :)

Written By: jackas on 01/06/06 at 11:15 am

well, I did a little work on it last weekend.  I'd have probably done more since then, but I've been building a cabinet for my kitchen and wanted to finish it up this week.  I've been promising the wife a place to display her collectables for about 18 months now, so I figured she'd waited long enough >grin<   Seriousily though, I'm really close to finishing it, so I've been putting all my spare time into it.

Thanks Chucky! :)

By all means, your wife comes first.  Please take your time.

Written By: KKay on 01/06/06 at 12:11 pm

well, I did a little work on it last weekend.  >grin<   Seriousily though, I'm really close to finishing it, so I've been putting all my spare time into it.

it sounds great...a big job to take on, so thank you, too.
looking forward to it!
K

Written By: Howard on 01/06/06 at 2:02 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the T-Shirts.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/06 at 10:46 am

Is there any delay in the T-Shirts?

Written By: karen on 02/20/06 at 11:03 am

Is there any delay in the T-Shirts?

I don't think Chucky has found a motto he likes yet

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/20/06 at 12:48 pm

what are you talking about? I got mine  8) 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/20/06 at 12:51 pm

just kidding, I wanted to stir things up a bit.  He (ChuckyG)  must have gotten sidetracked with all the other stuff he does, but a good idea to get this topic talked about and hopefully they're in production soon. I think he said he was just gonna pick one of the mottos/phrases himself.

Written By: Howard on 02/21/06 at 5:23 pm

what are you talking about? I got mine  8)   

How did you get yours so soon? ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/21/06 at 6:36 pm

How did you get yours so soon? ???
I didn't get one, I was just goofing around, trying to stir up some crap.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/06 at 1:22 am

Today was kinda warm outside, so that got me thinking that it's almost Tee-Shirt weather  ;)
Hey ChuckyG, any recent updates or status on inthe00s t-shirts or is that on hold?
BUMP

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/27/06 at 1:48 pm

Today was kinda warm outside, so that got me thinking that it's almost Tee-Shirt weather  ;)
Hey ChuckyG, any recent updates or status on inthe00s t-shirts or is that on hold?
BUMP

well... I figured out what to use for the site's "motto" finally.  So I think the only thing really holding me back is finding the time to hack it out in Adobe Illustrator.  It should get done real soon

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/06 at 2:04 pm

well... I figured out what to use for the site's "motto" finally.  So I think the only thing really holding me back is finding the time to hack it out in Adobe Illustrator.  It should get done real soon
right on Chucky, in your time, no pressure, no rush, I was just curious. And as always, thanks for all you do.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/06 at 4:07 pm

That's great Chucky.Do we have to pay for our T-Shirt? ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/06 at 8:08 pm

Somebody's got to pay for them, no doubt, but I bet you get one for the member price. ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/06 at 11:26 am

yes...

Written By: Howard on 03/28/06 at 4:03 pm

yes...

For how much and what about one size fits all? ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/06 at 5:37 pm

For how much and what about one size fits all? ???

I'm sure there will be different sizes, man. I don't think there is such a thing as a "One Size Fits All" T-shirt.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/29/06 at 1:40 am

It's certainly original. I don't know if inthe00s.com is enough of a cultural institution that it would justify putting the name on a T-Shirt. But I'd buy one nonetheless if they became unavailable, I just wouldn't wear it (no, only joking  ;D).

Written By: karen on 03/29/06 at 3:24 am

I'm sure there will be different sizes, man. I don't think there is such a thing as a "One Size Fits All" T-shirt.

I always think that it should be called one size fits no one!

I imagine Chucky will do something similar to his AmIRIght t-shirts as seen here

Written By: Howard on 03/29/06 at 4:36 pm

I'm pretty sure there is Beth. ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/09 at 1:26 am

since there are many new members that may not be aware that you can get tee shirts, I thought I'd bump a couple threads.

the last post here was in 2006, so that must be when ChuckyG designed the Logo/design for inthe00s.com and then shirts and other items were made available and still are thru Cafepress.  
here's a link to the store where you can buy an inthe00s shirt online  http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/design/12944475

here's a link to the thread where people proudly displayed their new inthe00s shirts  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=21210.0

so if you end up buying a shirt, you gotta take a pic and post it for us to see  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/08/09 at 5:44 am

and you can buy it for a low,low price.

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/09 at 8:32 pm

and you can buy it for a low,low price.

Did you buy one?

Written By: Howard on 07/09/09 at 7:06 am

Did you buy one?

I'll think about it.

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 07/09/09 at 7:33 pm

My girlfriend is going to draw up "in the 00" in penguin letters!!!! i think that would be a funny idea

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/09/09 at 8:02 pm

My girlfriend is going to draw up "in the 00" in penguin letters!!!! i think that would be a funny idea
that actually should be pretty cool looking. please post a pic when she's done

Written By: snozberries on 07/10/09 at 7:56 am

that would be pretty awesome!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:49 pm

so has she done it yet? let's see it

Check for new replies or respond here...