inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were your first impressions..?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 11:11 am

I was just curious to know what your first impressions of people on the boards were. Did you not like someone when they first joined, but as time went on, your opinions of them were proven wrong?

I'll answer later. 

Subject: Re: What were your first impressions..?

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 11:25 am

Heh...my first impression of this thread was that it was asking about first impersonations.

"Get out the video camera, George!  Little Robby's saying the line from 'Rainman'!"

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 11:27 am

My first impression of Beth was that she was gothic.  Now I know she's emo.

When I was a newb, I thought Jeff's name was Opus...and that he was a woman.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 11:34 am

Psssht ^

When Marsh first started posting in the Playful Penguin Place, I was a little annoyed. Now he's one of my favorite people on here.

When Doms first joined, I thought that he was Andrew. I found out that he's not as much like him as I thought.

I also thought that Jeff was a woman. His avatar confused me.

I thought Philip Eno was a freaking awesome pimp. Still think that, actually.

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/05 at 11:38 am

I thought Jeff was a woman too.

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 11:41 am

When Marsh first started posting in the Playful Penguin Place, I was a little annoyed. Now he's one of my favorite people on here.

I don't blame you.  It seems that, incidentally, I stopped making obnoxious threads after going to Junior Lifeguard classes and running/swimming laps.  I was probably afraid that Melvin (I dare you to tell him that's a dorky name) would pop out of nowhere and give me ten extra laps if I misbehaved.  :-[

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 11:43 am

I don't blame you.

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 11:44 am

Hehehe.. Melvin. Awww, it's okay, Marsh.. you weren't that annoying. I must admit, your post count parties were pretty funny.

I'm throwing my next at 5270..., and if I reach 52700, I'll throw a party then too.  Why?  Because 5/27 will own you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 11:47 am

I have been coming to this message board for many years now and I have seen people come and go. When I first joined, many of the people here have been here for a long time and I really felt like the "new kid in town". I was also very cautious (still am) of what I say and to whom. Most people seemed very nice and that is why I stayed. However, there were a couple of people who seemed very nice at first but later showed their true colors-that is why I am very cautious. But I have to say, that I have made some good friends here (who I haven't met yet but hope to in the future).

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 12:54 pm

Well, I thought Alex and Andy were adults (as in, thirty-something) for quite a while before I decided to look at their profiles.

I also thought Jeff was female because of the avatar.

I thought Indygent didn't like me.

And I imagined Bobby looking like that wrestler avatar of his... it's funny how that happens even when you KNOW who the avatar is...

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 12:56 pm

Don't really know how to explain what my first impressions were. Apart from a selected few, everyone I thought was okay has remained okay in my book. A few have gained a little more respect from me over time, but I guess my impressions of this place haven't really changed much...

And I was terrified when, on my first day, Beth Pm'd me

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/29/05 at 1:53 pm

And I was terrified when, on my first day, Beth Pm'd me

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 1:55 pm

You came during the alyssa/apricot controversy... I thought you were Andrew ;D. Shoot, I thought all the new members were Andrew, during that time.

Ah yes, I remember now. Shortly after that I posted my first picture... and I distinctly recall you quoting it and saying

...Andrew?!

Written By: ADH13 on 12/29/05 at 1:57 pm

You came during the alyssa/apricot controversy... I thought you were Andrew ;D. Shoot, I thought all the new members were Andrew, during that time.

hahaha we even thought Justin was Andrew for a bit there! ;D

Written By: Morton on 12/29/05 at 1:59 pm

hahaha we even thought Justin was Andrew for a bit there! ;D

Ah, good times, good times  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/29/05 at 2:00 pm

At first,I was a little bit afraid of opening up on a messageboard but then I started to post more and feel much better about myself.This was in 2001.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/05 at 6:55 pm

I made this thread a while ago, but worded it wrong and nobody posted  :\'(

aaanyway, my thoughts on people stayed the same, except on Beth.
To tell you the truth, I thought she was trying to be goth or something, and failed horribly.  :-\\

but uh, yeah... she's not trying to be, and she's cool and everything, so there!

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 9:27 pm

To tell you the truth, I thought she was trying to be goth or something, and failed horribly.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/05 at 9:33 pm

No, she's emo, and she's damned good at it.

I was pissed at Dominic for a little while because the first post I remember reading from him was one in which he revealed the ending of "Red Eye", a movie I had wanted to see for a few weeks.

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 9:35 pm

I remembered that being andrew

I remember Beth specifically saying she was going to hang a young man named Dominic.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/05 at 10:21 pm

I remember thinking that Alex was older than me...and was shocked to find out that he is a teenager....I also thought that Andy was older than he is too, and it seemed like he was very popular with everyone.  I was kinda annoyed with Marsh and his "bobness" and king of blahness" at first...but have gotten to know that he is a great kid.

Doms..I think that when you first joined you made a thread that already existed and I corrected you and you felt sorry....but it was nothing against you...you are swell!

I remember thinking that Howard was a pervert and...well, I was right...(but we still love ya Howard)...and it always seemed like he and Jiminy were total sidekicks.

All I know is that after I joined...I started telling Beth all about this "great place, with great people" and then she joined.  I remember telling her, "There's this kid who goes by the name Apricot...and he looks a lot like the actor Shia LeBeouf"...little did we know that in a few short months after that...we would be driving out to visit him in PERSON!! :o :)

Written By: YWN on 12/29/05 at 10:25 pm

I remember thinking that Alex was older than me...and was shocked to find out that he is a teenager....I also thought that Andy was older than he is too, and it seemed like he was very popular with everyone.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/30/05 at 12:44 am

My first impression after reading posts and then deciding to post myself was that I had actually found unique individuals who actually really, really liked the same kind of music as me. I thought most of everyone seemed really cool. Some turned out differently than I expected, but not in a real bad way or anything, just getting to know people and their style and to not take it the wrong way was all I had to really overcome. And also like Cat said, I have learned to be more cautious.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/30/05 at 1:16 am

I remembered that being andrew

Whoa, what's this? PROOF, maybe..?!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,1821.msg577388.html#msg577388

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/05 at 3:01 am

My first impression of Beth was that she was gothic.

Written By: YWN on 12/30/05 at 9:53 am

;D ;D ;D , kid, you should be doing stand up comedy somewhere . thats some funny s#$%
no disrespect to Jeff, but yeah it's the avatar.

Well...thanks, but that's what a lot of other people said too.

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 10:33 am

Well...thanks, but that's what a lot of other people said too.

undeniably  in my list of the top 5 funniest!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/30/05 at 4:50 pm

I remember thinking that Howard was a pervert and...well, I was right...(but we still love ya Howard)...and it always seemed like he and Jiminy were total sidekicks.

Thanks Quirk.I'm still a pervert at heart. ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 4:53 pm

I thought "ooohhh I wanna talk to people that have heard of the songs I like"
and i'm so superficial and self-important that I havaen't noticed any personality traits
revealed at all...

;)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/30/05 at 8:26 pm

Like Cat, I can think of a couple who I liked at first but showed their true colors.  Fortunately most of them have been gone for quite a while.  Heck, if I named names, most of you wouldn't have a clue who I was talking about.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/05 at 11:59 am

Like Cat, I can think of a couple who I liked at first but showed their true colors.  Fortunately most of them have been gone for quite a while.  Heck, if I named names, most of you wouldn't have a clue who I was talking about.

Probably the same ones who I am thinking about.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/05 at 5:03 pm

Probably the same ones who I am thinking about.

Cat

Wouldn't surprise me. :)

Written By: alyceclover on 01/03/06 at 7:56 pm

...that there were a lot of playful, talented, fun & funny, people here with a lot of knowledge about music and everything else A to Z.

Avatars do confuse..."this face will haunt you" was firmly planted in my mind and would forever think that's what whoever it was looked like, but whoever has changed user names and I've lost tract of whoever it was...but the face still flashes in minds-eye.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/03/06 at 8:17 pm

...that there were a lot of playful, talented, fun & funny, people here with a lot of knowledge about music and everything else A to Z.

Avatars do confuse..."this face will haunt you" was firmly planted in my mind and would forever think that's what whoever it was looked like, but whoever has changed user names and I've lost tract of whoever it was...but the face still flashes in minds-eye.

Sheth now

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/03/06 at 8:35 pm

I thought I was one of the youngest members when I first joined (how wrong I was!) - mainly seeing as it is a "nostalgia site"  :-\\

My opinions on a certain long-time member changed after he showed his true colours later last year  :(

I thought many of the younger teenage members (some who joined after me) were alot older.  ::)

I thought Dom was Andy at first  :-(crossdresser?)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/03/06 at 8:37 pm

I thought I was one of the youngest members when I first joined (how wrong I was!) - mainly seeing as it is a "nostalgia site"  :-\\

My opinions on a certain long-time member changed after he showed his true colours later last year  :(

I thought many of the younger teenage members (some who joined after me) were alot older.  ::)

the Andrew everyone thought? or... Alcoholica??  :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/03/06 at 8:39 pm

the Andrew everyone thought? or... Alcoholica??  :o

Andy Apricot.

Written By: KKay on 01/04/06 at 8:19 am

OK, here's what I really thought..
I thought 'these people like what I like and for the most part have the same sense of humour so I'm just
going to do what I do and say what I want to say"

then...."is this too much too soon"
that was fleeting.  Nah.
I"m having a great time here-

I can learn AND have fun! whoda thunk it?
:)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/04/06 at 12:53 pm

I've noticed that the old avatars leave more of an impression than I would have thought.  A couple newer members are using crazymom's old avatar and for a split second I always think they are her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/06 at 1:09 pm

I've noticed that the old avatars leave more of an impression than I would have thought.  A couple newer members are using crazymom's old avatar and for a split second I always think they are her.

Me too. I also notice someone using Chucky's old avatar, too.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 01/04/06 at 1:15 pm

Which one?  I've had a couple ;D

Now I can't find it... I think alyceclover had it but it looks like she recently changed it.  Anyway it came from this site, and I think it was a cartoon girl on her knees or something...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/06 at 1:18 pm

Now I can't find it... I think alyceclover had it but it looks like she recently changed it.  Anyway it came from this site, and I think it was a cartoon girl on her knees or something...

Yup-that is the one that I noticed. But it may have been Miss Nostalgia.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/04/06 at 4:26 pm

i thought Nally was a female too. :o

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/06 at 5:20 pm

My first impression of this place was "Finally.  A messageboard that is alive"  ;D

In my search for 80's messageboards, alot of the ones I found (which I still occasionally post on) didn't move quite as fast as the kind of post-a-holic that I am  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/06 at 10:32 pm

Right away I got the impression that Philip Eno was somewhat of a legendary figure on here so I knew who to go to if I had a question and he was nice, but he was brief if you know what I mean. I recognized the pic of Shakira so I figured Nally was a fan of hers and no chick would post that avatar. Jeff has been really "helpful" to me on the board games. I am improving. MidnightDarkness seemed a little intimidating at first, that whole cemetary, strange imagery thing, but MD is really one of the cleverest people on here. I thought Quirk was her mom, no offense. I thought Cat was black, I thought Philip was philpino, KKay is so friendly. I thought jacks was a guy until I saw the pic, and wow, definitely wrong on that one. Ultraviolet a bay area person like me, first one to connect with. It's like a complete cast in a movie or something, I like it. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/05/06 at 12:44 am

Yeah, thank you Badfinger for the mention... I am glad I could be one of the first people to help you on here.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/05/06 at 12:57 am

Yeah, thank you Badfinger for the mention... I am glad I could be one of the first people to help you on here.
me too, Walnut Creek was the common denominator, oh & feel free to call me Mike. I love the group Badfinger but Mike is easier, however if inthe00s nicknames are more appropriate then so be it.

Written By: KKay on 01/05/06 at 8:23 am

specifically?

Sheth: funniest alive..I believe the work you do here will bring you fame and fortune.
Badfinger-fan: like lots of m;usic fans I know...I was pretty comfortable right away with him.
PhilipEno: our first contact was when you corrected my posting and you were so nice about it that I
figured if I do anyting wrong no one will be mean about it and all was fine.
Dak: cracks me up and we had some fun banter. Same wiht jacks.  I always look forward to seeing you.
I thought that MidnightDarkness and Cat had my sense of huimor and all was ok there..
I couldn't tell if Howard was serious or joking but after reading his disuucussions with others i realised that everyone was being supportive of everyone else and that's great!

I know there's more...I have to think about it.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/06 at 2:43 pm

specifically?

Sheth: funniest alive..I believe the work you do here will bring you fame and fortune.
Badfinger-fan: like lots of m;usic fans I know...I was pretty comfortable right away with him.
PhilipEno: our first contact was when you corrected my posting and you were so nice about it that I
Dak: cracks me up and we had some fun banter. Same wiht jacks.  I always look forward to seeing you.
I thought that MidnightDarkness and Cat had my sense of huimor and all was ok there..
I couldn't tell if Howard was serious or joking but after reading his disuucussions with others i realised that everyone was being supportive of everyone else and that's great!

Thanks Kay.  ;)

Written By: jackas on 01/05/06 at 6:02 pm

I thought Andy (Alchoholica) was in his late 30s. 
...... Bobby was in his 40s. 
...... nally was a guy. 
...... RARF was a nice guy......which he was, but slightly off.
...... and I imagined that Cat looked like Amy Lee.  Most of the others I started to notice after I had been here for awhile.

http://souls.eldritchs.com/evanescence/images/amylee1.jpg

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/05/06 at 6:08 pm

I just thought the site was pretty cool with pretty that were great chatting with (well, via messageboard that is).

Written By: DJ Midas on 01/05/06 at 8:37 pm

I might!  :D  But that's 'cause we's old school  8)

Heck, I don't recognize a lot of people here now, but that's only because I don't make it here as much as I should.  :-\\

I remember thinking Howard was sorta goofy, talking about toasting cellphones in 2002 or whenever it was.  ;D   He does have great taste in old school jams.  8)

I've talked to dagwood, FussBudget and a few others from back in the day on the phone and have met that crazymom person (although I call her something else  ;) ) as well as met Jessica and Rice Cube.  Good times had by all back in the day, like this!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/06 at 8:44 pm

When I first joined here, I knew this place would be great because I already recognized 4 people (Tanya, BCRichRocker, PaperGirl, and Midas) from previous messageboards.  I thought, if they are here, then it can't be all that bad of a place  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/06 at 9:01 pm

I thought

...... nally was a guy. 

erm.... ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/05/06 at 9:19 pm

Right away I got the impression that Philip Eno was somewhat of a legendary figure on here so I knew who to go to if I had a question and he was nice, but he was brief if you know what I mean. I recognized the pic of Shakira so I figured Nally was a fan of hers and no chick would post that avatar. Jeff has been really "helpful" to me on the board games. I am improving. MidnightDarkness seemed a little intimidating at first, that whole cemetary, strange imagery thing, but MD is really one of the cleverest people on here. I thought Quirk was her mom, no offense. I thought Cat was black, I thought Philip was philpino, KKay is so friendly. I thought jacks was a guy until I saw the pic, and wow, definitely wrong on that one. Ultraviolet a bay area person like me, first one to connect with. It's like a complete cast in a movie or something, I like it. 

you're from the bay area too?!

so am I...

Written By: jackas on 01/05/06 at 9:20 pm

erm.... ???

LOL  A lot of people on here thought he was a girl at first.  I always thought he was a guy. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/05/06 at 9:21 pm

specifically?

What about... me?!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/05/06 at 9:21 pm

LOL  A lot of people on here thought he was a girl at first.  I always thought he was a guy. ;D

:D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/05/06 at 9:27 pm

I new nally was a boy because

1. His sub-name says he's Jeff.
2. His gender sign is male.
3. His avatar says "Shakira is soo hot!"

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/05/06 at 9:36 pm

I thought 

...... nally was a guy. 

Boy, I'll bet you felt stupid when you were proven wrong.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/05/06 at 9:36 pm

Boy, I'll bet you felt stupid when you were proven wrong.

I'm sorry, but she just left it so open for someone to say that.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/06 at 9:38 pm

You could probably name them all. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/05/06 at 10:00 pm

so am I...
Yup, I'm right here in El Sobrante, work in San Ramon. We're practically neighbors. and for what it's worth, you and Sheth and Midnight Darkness seem to work well as a team, feeding off each other like a couple of seasoned comic performers. Quite entertaining at times. Lastly, nice work spotting all the tell tale clues on nally. I can see now that if there's an opportunity to have fun on the board, even in jest at someone else's expense, it can be a real feeding frenzy!!!!!!all in fun of course. & I'm really not done.
Howard: shot thru the heart by Cupid about 20 times. poor guy all in love and everything, not afraid to discuss how he feels. Hang tough Howard, good things do come to those who wait, You've waited this long, you gotta wait a little longer. so many people, so many impressions. I'll get back to you with those.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/05/06 at 10:26 pm

Yup, I'm right here in El Sobrante, work in San Ramon. We're practically neighbors. and for what it's worth, you and Sheth and Midnight Darkness seem to work well as a team, feeding off each other like a couple of seasoned comic performers. Quite entertaining at times.

Thanks! i think... er.. anyway

yes, we are very close! (well, you and me physically, in the sense of where we live)
and.. Marsh and Beth and I (As... I guess online buddies!)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/05/06 at 10:53 pm

yes, we are very close! (well, you and me physically)

But not S3XU4LLY!!!!11

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/05/06 at 11:21 pm

But not S3XU4LLY!!!!11

Which is why I included that one part you deleted  :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/06/06 at 1:27 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 1:32 am

so am I...

I'm from San Jose.  What city are you in?

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/06 at 1:40 am

what other board, love??????  :D  :-*

Another 80's board that I used to belong to.  I remember you from there  :) 

Written By: mandamoo on 01/06/06 at 2:27 am

Loved it and became hooked immediately - especially on the quizzes  8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/06/06 at 2:28 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 01/06/06 at 2:24 pm

Heck, I don't recognize a lot of people here now, but that's only because I don't make it here as much as I should.  :-\\

I remember thinking Howard was sorta goofy, talking about toasting cellphones in 2002 or whenever it was.  ;D   He does have great taste in old school jams.  8)

I've talked to dagwood, FussBudget and a few others from back in the day on the phone and have met that crazymom person (although I call her something else  ;) ) as well as met Jessica and Rice Cube.  Good times had by all back in the day, like this!  :D

I remember thinking Howard was sorta goofy, talking about toasting cellphones in 2002 or whenever it was.    He does have great taste in old school jams.

Thanks DJ. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/01/06 at 1:01 am

well...to continue from where I left off...

I thought that Mike/Badfingerfan was RARF....but I wasn't alone on that one. ;)

hmmm...let me think... ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/01/07 at 10:36 am

Bump, Bitches and Hoes.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/01/07 at 10:41 am

All I know is that after I joined...I started telling Beth all about this "great place, with great people" and then she joined.  I remember telling her, "There's this kid who goes by the name Apricot...and he looks a lot like the actor Shia LeBeouf"...little did we know that in a few short months after that...we would be driving out to visit him in PERSON!! :o :)

And little did I know, I would eventually move to his hometown!

Little did I know I would ruin our friendship! Good times, Good times.. Heh..

Written By: Howard on 12/01/07 at 4:09 pm

I thought Tia was a girl.  ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/01/07 at 4:27 pm

I thought Tia was a girl.  ;D

Me too!

I also thought...
Davey was obnoxious
Rice was a nerd
Howard was joking us around
Belle de Jour was a major flirt
Whistledog and Brian were like Batman and Robin
Dom was mean
Nally was Shakira number one fan
Erin wasn't married
Midnight Darkness and Sister Morphine were the same girl
Max was a political activist
Luke was australian
Paul and Karen(CF) were a couple
Badfinger Fan had the hots for Jacks
Philip Eno was the admin

So...sorry everyone!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/01/07 at 6:12 pm

I too thought Nally was a female.  :-X (crossdresser?)

I thought that Nally was his actual name at first.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/01/07 at 6:17 pm

Me too!

I also thought...
Davey was obnoxious

Dom was mean

I had a hard time figuring out Davey's posts.... Sometimes I thought he was being serious. :-\\

I always felt Dom was very curious, usually from the type of questions he's asked me before.(No offense Dom) ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 7:08 pm

It's been a while since I joined, so I don't recall many specific "first impressions" of members. So many of the people I first had interactions with (outside of the parody boards ) aren't active anymore.

Lemme see... I thought:

Spaff.com was a team of writers.
Whistledog was a hacker since he had all those crazy character names.
Several people were the opposite gender than they really are.

I'm sure I can think of more later.

Ant

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/01/07 at 7:26 pm

I used to think Red Ant was a "visitor from the future"  :-X

(just kidding)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/01/07 at 7:29 pm

I used to think Red Ant was a "visitor from the future"  :-X

(just kidding)

Jeez, I was hoping people forgot about that. I remember you asking me questions about it, and I remember saying that Australia would wind up an annex of New Zealand. Only time will tell.  ;)

Ant

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/07 at 10:46 pm

Me too!

I also thought...

Erin wasn't married

meh...one can only wish. :-\\

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/01/07 at 10:50 pm

Don't say that sweetie, I think any guy with his head on straight would realize he was the luckiest man on Earth to be married to you. :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/01/07 at 10:53 pm

Whistledog was a hacker since he had all those crazy character names.

Who says I'm not? .. speaking of which, why do you have pornography on your C drive in that folder marked "Granny Love"

J/K :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/07 at 11:02 pm

Don't say that sweetie, I think any guy with his head on straight would realize he was the luckiest man on Earth to be married to you. :)

:-*

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/01/07 at 11:09 pm

and I remember saying that Australia would wind up an annex of New Zealand. Only time will tell.  ;)

Ant
That's an outcome I wouldn't be too saddened about.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:11 pm

Me too!

I also thought...
Davey was obnoxious
Rice was a nerd
Dom was mean
Erin wasn't married
Luke was australian
Philip Eno was the admin

So...sorry everyone!

::)  I'm so busted
and this was even before the Show us your BOO-TAY thread  ;D 

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/01/07 at 11:16 pm

Me too!

I also thought...
Davey was obnoxious
Rice was a nerd
Dom was mean
Erin wasn't married
Luke was australian
Philip Eno was the admin

So...sorry everyone!

Psht. Me mean? F*** you!

... I jest, really.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:18 pm

Psht. Me mean? F*** you!

... I jest, really.
she's right you know

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/01/07 at 11:19 pm

she's right you know

:P I disagree.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:29 pm

well, even though she's rarely wrong, that time she was. you're pretty cool  8)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/01/07 at 11:33 pm

well, even though she's rarely wrong, that time she was. you're pretty cool  8)

:P Thanks. You are, too.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:37 pm

thanks Dom.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I was a mean kid.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/01/07 at 11:40 pm

thanks Dom.

Who can't remember his teenage years?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/01/07 at 11:44 pm

well...to continue from where I left off...

I thought that Mike/Badfingerfan was RARF....but I wasn't alone on that one. ;)

hmmm...let me think... ???
oh yeah, I guess my arrival here was right after he "departed"   I think I still have some old PM's of about 7 people suspecting and asking me if I was him. I had to post pics of me & my family as proof for crying out loud  ;D  I would have liked to have met him. our styles and tastes seem very similar.

Who can't remember his teenage years?
true, but I wasn't mean in High School. before that I was a bloody terror.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/01/07 at 11:46 pm

thanks Dom.

"Give me the child until he is seven and I will show you the man"

^

Anything to confess  about how you are TODAY Mike ?  :P  ;)  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/07 at 11:47 pm

oh yeah, I guess my arrival here was right after he "departed"   I think I still have some old PM's of about 7 people suspecting and asking me if I was him. I had to post pics of me & my family as proof for crying out loud  ;D  I would have liked to have met him. our styles and tastes seem very similar.
true, but I wasn't mean in High School. before that I was a bloody terror.

oh, that's funny...I do remember a lot of people super sluething to find out whether or not you were him! ;D :D

Written By: Howard on 12/02/07 at 7:07 am

I thought that Nally was his actual name at first.

Yeah Me Too.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/07 at 9:21 am

*Breaks glass bottle on table, and swings the remainder around*

OKAY, THAT'S IT, LET'S GO! >=O

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/07 at 9:22 am

Put your damn tongue back in your mouth, fool.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/07 at 9:23 am

Well, you don't have to be..!

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/02/07 at 11:00 am

Put your damn tongue back in your mouth, fool.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

:P

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/02/07 at 2:22 pm

Psht. Me mean? F*** you!

... I jest, really.

*Breaks glass bottle on table, and swings the remainder around*

OKAY, THAT'S IT, LET'S GO! >=O

LOL

Darlings,if i went by first impressions i would never talk to anyone

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/07 at 2:29 pm

LOL

Darlings,if i went by first impressions i would never talk to anyone

*Continues bottle-swinging antics* YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF IT THAT EASILY!!1

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/02/07 at 2:39 pm

*Continues bottle-swinging antics* YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF IT THAT EASILY!!1

Bring it on,lady! And no girly fight,i will crush you >:(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/02/07 at 2:57 pm

Bring it on,lady! And no girly fight,i will crush you >:(

Bullsnatch. I will roundhouse kick you in the FACE. Chuck Norris style. Bitch!

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/02/07 at 3:12 pm

Bullsnatch. I will roundhouse kick you in the FACE. Chuck Norris style. Bitch!

Ok now i'm scared :o

I know you have a beard,you hairy freak!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 3:27 pm

Ladies, ladies. Play nice now. Do I have to separate you two?

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 3:44 pm

Ladies, ladies. Play nice now. Do I have to separate you two?

Cat

^
Catwoman !

Could there be a more appropriate referee to handle a 'cat-fight' ?  ???  :P ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 4:12 pm

^
Catwoman !

Could there be a more appropriate referee to handle a 'cat-fight' ?  ???  :P ;D

I could tell them that if they don't stop, I would sic you on them-I'm sure that would make them stop in a heartbeat.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 4:22 pm

I could tell them that if they don't stop, I would sic you on them-I'm sure that would make them stop in a heartbeat.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

They wouldn't.  :(  They'd just end up fighting over me. Winner takes all !  :P :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/02/07 at 4:32 pm

What in the........

What the.......

I don't know what to make of this.

But- my first impression was that most of the people on here were cool, and a few were cliquish.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 4:48 pm

I think you're cool Wayne. If you're not ... easily remedied !

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_10225.png  http://bestanimations.com/HomeOffice/Fans/Fan-06.-june.gif

As for Catwoman .... I imagined her as an elderly lady who had a nursery of cats. Got a bit mixed up on her handle. Thought it was 'Catwoman of V' in the sense of roman 5 ... that she had 5 cats to keep her company !  :-[ .... now I see it probably means 'Catwoman of Virginia' ... (good witch of the North) !

She should flog me with that cat 'o nine tails for being so wrong ! More, more !  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/02/07 at 4:52 pm

Alan.....

Are you implying that you are a bad monkey?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 4:53 pm

They wouldn't.  :(  They'd just end up fighting over me. Winner takes all !  :P :D

In your dreams.

I think you're cool Wayne. If you're not ... easily remedied !

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_10225.png  http://bestanimations.com/HomeOffice/Fans/Fan-06.-june.gif

As for Catwoman .... I imagined her as an elderly lady who had a nursery of cats. Got a bit mixed up on her handle. Thought it was 'Catwoman of V' in the sense of roman 5 ... that she had 5 cats to keep her company !  :-or Vermont

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 5:16 pm

In your dreams.

You are STILL WRONG is it Catwoman of VENUS!!!!  or Vermont

Cat

Well, I have had some very weird dreams in my time. 'XXX' ? Beyond that !  ???  :o

Is there a 'XXXX' ?  :-\\

Yes ...

http://www.centralscaffolding.com.au/Portals/0/fourex.jpg

^ I have been known to drink it !  :P

Catwoman of VENUS !    :-\\  :-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/pottytrain2.gifhttp://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/images/smilies/whip.gifhttp://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/excited.gif

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 5:28 pm

Well, I have had some very weird dreams in my time. 'XXX' ? Beyond that !  ???  :o

Is there a 'XXXX' ?  :-\\

Yes ...

http://www.centralscaffolding.com.au/Portals/0/fourex.jpg

^ I have been known to drink it !  :P

Catwoman of VENUS !    :-\\  :-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/pottytrain2.gifhttp://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/images/smilies/whip.gifhttp://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/excited.gif

:D

You are so bad. And you are going to get me in trouble. Carlos can walk over and look over my shoulder at any time.

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 5:34 pm

You are so bad. And you are going to get me in trouble. Carlos can walk over and look over my shoulder at any time.

Cat

Sorry.  :\'( :-http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_59.png  .. was a whip in your hand !  :P  ;D

Hey Carlos !  >:(  .... It's cool !  8)

I'm way over in Australia ... don't think you need to worry about me !    ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 5:50 pm

Sorry.  :\'( :-http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_59.png  .. was a whip in your hand !  :P  ;D

Hey Carlos !  >:(  .... It's cool !  8)

I'm way over in Australia ... don't think you need to worry about me !    ;D

No worries. I would give you karma but I already did today.

Carlos says, "It's cool, dude".  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 5:59 pm

No worries. I would give you karma but I already did today.

Carlos says, "It's cool, dude".  ;) ;D ;D

Cat

Likewise (Karma).

Carlos is cool ?  ???  That's cool wit' me .  :)  8)  Hey Carlos ...

http://www.rhythms-riffs.com/wp-content/Carlos02.jpg
^ He's got nothing on you !  8) 8)

Well,  :-\\  maybe a few albums ?    :P ;D

Keep swinging from the chandeliers (BOTH of you !  :o  :D  ;D ).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/07 at 6:03 pm

Likewise (Karma).

Carlos is cool ?  ???  That's cool wit' me .  :)  8)  Hey Carlos ...

http://www.rhythms-riffs.com/wp-content/Carlos02.jpg
^ He's got nothing on you !  8) 8)

Well,  :-\\  maybe a few albums ?    :P ;D

Keep swinging from the chandeliers (BOTH of you !  :o  :D  ;D ).

Shhhhhhh. You are not suppose to tell people about the chandelier incident.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 6:07 pm

Shhhhhhh. You are not suppose to tell people about the chandelier incident.  ;)

Cat

:-X

Written By: KKay on 12/02/07 at 7:44 pm

I still kinda feel the same way.
I found some kindred spirits to become real friends with.

I find that there are people that I communicate with less, and I regret that, but I have become too busy
to be online very often.

I still like everyone here.  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/07 at 8:00 pm

E ... E ... Everyone ?  ???  :-\\    What a nice thing to say !  :\'(  :)

:-*

:D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/02/07 at 8:21 pm

I still kinda feel the same way.
I found some kindred spirits to become real friends with.

I find that there are people that I communicate with less, and I regret that, but I have become too busy
to be online very often.

And we like you, too!

Written By: Howard on 12/03/07 at 7:12 am

And we like you, too!

And I like you too.  :-*

Written By: KKay on 12/03/07 at 7:44 am

I feel special.

In a special kinda way.

I really have had so few run ins with people here so my overall rating on the pop culture scale is ffive out of five saddle shoes, MTV video awards, or stand-up basses.....depending on your decade.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_cheers.gif

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/03/07 at 12:01 pm

Ummmmm....in my case, it would be 5 out of 5 Trapper Keepers.

Written By: KKay on 12/03/07 at 1:30 pm

Ummmmm....in my case, it would be 5 out of 5 Trapper Keepers.

In my case it would be 5 out of 5 pairs of checkered high tops.

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/03/07 at 7:09 pm

I discovered this site a little over 3 weeks ago (dang!  It seems longer than that!), and I've loved it here.  People have been very warm and friendly.  :)  A couple posts I've seen have raised my eyebrows, but all considered, this is the best forum site I have ever participated in.  Great wit, awesome humor, lots of fun.

Hugs go out especially to Snozberries, Nally, and HawkTheSlayer.  :)

P.S.--I'm not just writing this for karma points, gang.  Really.  I'm serious.  Although, while we're on the subject...  ;)

P.S.S.--I, too, thought Nally was female at first, especially because of his avatar.  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/03/07 at 7:41 pm

A couple posts I've seen have raised my eyebrows, ...  Great wit, awesome humor, lots of fun.

P.S.S.--I, too, thought Nally was female at first, especially because of his avatar.  ;D

Raised your eyebrows ? Nothing that I might have posted .. I would be hoping ?    :P ... I ALWAYS play it like a 'shrinking violet' / try to keep my 'head down'.  :-[  No ... must've been someone else. Shame on you  >:(  ... WHOEVER you are !  :P  ;D

Have fun !  :)

Oh yes .. I forgot !  :-[  .... I too thought nally .... not to mention Henk ... who used to be 'Faulty Dog' ... and also had a female avatar .... were a couple of really good looking women on this board ! How disappointing !  8-P    :( :\'( :-[  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/03/07 at 9:27 pm

In my case it would be 5 out of 5 pairs of checkered high tops.

Yo-yos! Or Poke'balls.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 11:39 pm

My first impressions of these people were that ...

...Tia was gay & was flirting with Laroche
...LaRoche was a chick & was flirting with Tia
...CatwomanofV was African American
...Chrssy had the hots for me .......Schwing!!!!
...Philip was philipino
...Quirk was serious & practical and cautious
...Mr Mister was a dude from that band
...Sister Morphine an older classic rock enthusiast
...Strawberry Fields Forever was an older troublemaker
...KKay was like a long time friend
...MidknightDarkness was the funniest cemetery type chick & kinda scared me
...Dom was one of her ^ most obedient minions

...more to come

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/03/07 at 11:40 pm

...Philip was philipino

...more to come

hahaha..those are good, Mike. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 11:42 pm

hahaha..those are good, Mike. ;)
thanks, I wanna do some more later. those were mainly from my first year here, tomorrow will mark my 2nd, can you dig it.

so tell me, do you still think I may be somebody else?   ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/03/07 at 11:44 pm

...Philip was philipino

...more to come

Still afraid of me?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 11:45 pm

Still afraid of me?
extremely

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/03/07 at 11:50 pm

thanks, I wanna do some more later. those were mainly from my first year here, tomorrow will mark my 2nd, can you dig it.

so tell me, do you still think I may be somebody else?   ::)

hhaaaha..no, I am pretty confident that you are YOU..and not some other kind of "fan". :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/03/07 at 11:51 pm

extremely

Good. As it should be.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/03/07 at 11:51 pm

My first impression was that I was wondering who my husband was talking to and what was it about.

The games were really cool and I could find quite a few.
I wasn't sure about what people would think of a recluse on here. They would probably get the wrong impression of me.
I know usually when people meet me they like me, but then they decide either they love me or hate me. But I usually don't care either way. I am how I am and that is all there is. I have a hard protective shell, not too many people can get through.
But I have been told by many people who really know me that I am as true and sweet as they come. I am not afraid to tell people what is true, even if they don't like what I say. If they didn't want the truth, they would not ask me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/03/07 at 11:56 pm

hhaaaha..no, I am pretty confident that you are YOU..and not some other kind of "fan". :D
you have discerned correctly  8)

Good. As it should be.
you're vicious. it was that elbow biting thing that freaked me out  ;D  I was new here. What kind of crap is that to lay on a newb?   ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 12:00 am

you have discerned correctly  8)
you're vicious. it was that elbow biting thing that freaked me out  ;D  I was new here. What kind of crap is that to lay on a on a newb?   ;D

Stfu. I eat n00bs for breakfast, fool.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 12:21 am

Stfu. I eat n00bs for breakfast, fool.
I aint n00b anymore, but you can still http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/469144730_abae4a5fc0.jpg?v=0

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 12:23 am

I aint n00b anymore, but you can still http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/469144730_abae4a5fc0.jpg?v=0

http://sociedadanonima.org/sa/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/51569-pedo.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 12:27 am

http://sociedadanonima.org/sa/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/51569-pedo.jpg
where?  oh, you mean that eat me thing. girl, you got a dirty mind  ;D

Written By: KKay on 12/04/07 at 7:22 am

...Philip was philipino

...more to come

that is fabulous.

I feel that it's been so long i barely remember...
i recall BFF seeming like someone I knew from high school, Tia was the guy that was funny - like I'd go to a party if he were there just to hear him be funny in person.  Davey was LaRoche....but was funny and mean at the same time; I would hang out with him behind the school and smoke.
The girls were all nice...Catwoman was congenial and fun and had good zingers.  karens all, in general are great so no surprise that Karen was coool. 
Same to all the boys.  I was imporessed with the reandom musical knowledge found here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/07 at 11:17 am

...Philip was philipino

...more to come

I still don't understand why you thought that. However, if that puts me in the same category as about 4 of the coolest members on this board, I feel honored to be in such company.  ;)

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 4:31 pm

First impressions of:

-CatwomanofV: Dirty-minded-yet-lovable person, with a penchant for "Batman" & "Wizard Of Oz"
-Badfinger-fan: Likable poster, who was into Freddie Mercury.
-Howard: Likable chap, who worked as a baker and had sex on the brain.....
-Quirk: Congenial lady with cats, in a state too far away
-Sister Morphine: ........I'd better not say.
-Donnie Darko: ..........Liked him at first, but when he got too delusional, then I backed away.
-Doc Brown: Inventive quizzes, but posted far too infrequently
-Jessica & Rice Cube: I met Jessica as "Crazy Yenta Broad". Funny, but vicious.
-Davey: Headcase, who writes about dead swans in stagnant pools and such.
-Tia: OK....he's obsessed with Kim Richards, but OK.
-Babooshka: Very nice. One of the 1st people I met. Jules, you're missed.
-KtelQueen: Very funny! Maria- hope to see you again, sometime! (Mahaa)
-Meat!: Didn't know what to make of him. Still don't...... :-\\
-Henk: "FaultyDog" was also very nice. Also posted far too infrequently.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 4:41 pm

First impressions of:

-CatwomanofV: Dirty-minded-yet-lovable person, with a penchant for "Batman" & "Wizard Of Oz"
-Donnie Darko: ..........Liked him at first, but when he got too delusional, then I backed away.
i think the idea was to share the positive first impressions, but keep the snarky and judgmental first impressions to yourself, by and large, bro. it's about feeling good and having fun, not about making people who still subscribe to the board feel like crap, and to kick the dead horse of the people who have been banned or left under bad circumstances.

although i DO like the dead swans in stagnant pools. strangely poetic.

fifteen yard penalty, first down.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 4:44 pm

i have to admit, when i found out laroche was a guy i was a little bit... well, there was a readjustment period.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 4:45 pm

The question is: What were your first impressions?

I was answering the question honestly.
If you wish to see things that way, then that's your perrogative.

That being said, clean your rose-colored glasses.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 4:52 pm

The question is: What were your first impressions?

I was answering the question honestly.
If you wish to see things that way, then that's your perrogative.

That being said, clean your rose-colored glasses.
well, there's being honest, and then there's just flowing forth from the mouth, if you catch my drift. i believe there's a rule about coming down on banned members, and it's there for a reason. being "honest" is different from not knowing when to use your inside voice and when to use your outside one.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 4:57 pm

Show me where I came down on them.

I believe I declined comment, bro.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/04/07 at 4:58 pm

Well...you did put em on the list.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 5:00 pm

Well...you did put em on the list.

So did other members.
That gives no reason to single me out.

Perhaps we'd best move on.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 5:01 pm

First impressions of:

WHAT !!  http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif

I didn't make that list !  ??? 

>:(  Hey ! Hawk!  >:( >:(

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2038/crybaby80x97gifpg0.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6601/crybabyli1.png
"I want my lawyer !" 

:P  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 5:05 pm

I didn't meet you until much later, Alan!

And if I remember correctly, you were either "Green Lantern" or "Doctor Fate".

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/07 at 5:10 pm

My first impressions? Almost everyone on here is likeable. There are a few that I can't stomach, but that's life. My policy is to ignore them.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 5:15 pm

I didn't meet you until much later, Alan!

And if I remember correctly, you were either "Green Lantern" or "Doctor Fate".

Yes ... although I had been 70'sto80'sGUY ... with this avatar .. -> http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/80s/aha.png ... on a previous incarnation ... then changed that a couple of months down the track to 'Mr. Mister' ...

Think I was here from around March 2006 to maybe July 2006 ? ... then disappeared /terminated my account. Came back briefly under another name ... where you kindly PM'd me ... saying I was  'a breath of fresh air' ... or something like that.  :) 8)

Aah ... a little bit of encouragement ... that's ALL I need !  :D

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 5:16 pm

everyone who knows the history knows exactly what you were really doing with that post talking about the banned members. and i noticed you also very firmly put down people who are still here, including me. which is fine, but it surprises me that for some reason you wouldn't expect them to push back.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 5:18 pm

Yes ... although I had been 70'sto80'sGUY ... with this avatar .. -> http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/80s/aha.png ... on a previous incarnation ... then changed that a couple of months down the track to 'Mr. Mister' ...

Think I was here from around March 2006 to maybe July 2006 ? ... then disappeared /terminated my account. Came back briefly under another name ... where you kindly PM'd me ... saying I was  'a breath of fresh air' ... or something like that.   :) 8)

Aah ... a little bit of encouragement ... that's ALL I need !   :D

Yes, Alan. Would that we could all be like that....

This world would be a better place.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/07 at 5:24 pm

First impressions of:

Your first impression of me is that I am dirty minded??  :o :o :o  Most people are shocked when they found out that I am dirty minded after knowing me for a while.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 5:26 pm

Well, c'mon....the avatar, and the handle.....

Not to mention the chandelier thing.... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/07 at 5:48 pm

Well, c'mon....the avatar, and the handle.....

Not to mention the chandelier thing.... ;)

Well, if you believe Mr. Mister's lies about the chandelier...

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 6:00 pm

Cat

That's OK. We still love ya, anyway.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 6:03 pm

Cat

Well .. I can't recall you mentioning  a chandelier incident ... but I do seem to remember a number of posts where you've talked about the noises you and Carlos generated made it difficult for the neighbors to sleep ?  :-\\

Maybe I inferred that chandeliers would help you to get more into the 'swing of things' ?  :-[  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/07 at 6:20 pm

Well .. I can't recall you mentioning  a chandelier incident ... but I do seem to remember a number of posts where you've talked about the noises you and Carlos generated made it difficult for the neighbors to sleep ?  :-\\

Maybe I inferred that chandeliers would help you to get more into the 'swing of things' ?  :-[  ;D

Remember there are kids on this board. Besides, I could make a comment about that pic in your sig line.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 6:34 pm

Remember there are kids on this board. Besides, I could make a comment about that pic in your sig line.  ;)

Cat

Kids?  ??? So we have to all depart ... and let them take over ?    ???  :-X

Hey kids !  >:(  ........ " '%^&*$^^&&&$##$* "    >:(  :P ) !

Hey ... I was once a kid too .... I kid you not. I'm sure I had a big idea about 'naughty' things / could swear like a trooper .... yet look at what a fine upstanding 'model citizen' I've turned out to be...  ::)  :D

Yeah ... the 'kids' of today ... they probably find me rather tame !  :-http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix/mendocino2/groundbreaking/TailgateKids-m.jpg
" Too right, Mr. Mister !" "You're a "%^$###@#%$$@%%#@" ... and you're NOT invited to OUR orgy !"  :P

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/04/07 at 6:49 pm

Raised your eyebrows ? Nothing that I might have posted .. I would be hoping ?    :P ... I ALWAYS play it like a 'shrinking violet' / try to keep my 'head down'.  :-nasty.

So don't fear--you're in the clear!  ;)

Keep smilin'!  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 6:52 pm

Before anyone gets on their 'high-horse' and tells me off for that tasteless pic- comment .... ^^

DISCLAIMER: ..... 'No kids were harmed during the creation of this topic reply' ..... and subsequent legal action will be hotly contested ! "  >:(  :P  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 6:58 pm

;D  Naw, none of your posts have spiked my eyebrows--you've always granted me a good chuckle!  :)  They were a couple of nasty, critical posts.  Some rants that struck me as very immature and, well, nasty.

So don't fear--you're in the clear!  ;)

Keep smilin'!  :)

What !

I haven't 'raised your eyebrows yet' ? Damn ! I must be slipping, getting old ?  ???  :\'(

I'll have to work at my act a bit harder.  ;) ;D

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/04/07 at 7:04 pm

What !

I haven't 'raised your eyebrows yet' ? Damn ! I must be slipping, getting old ?  ???  :\'(

I'll have to work at my act a bit harder.  ;) ;D

OK.  So maybe you raised ONE hair.  At some point.  Some where.  Eyebrows not necessarily included.  8)

So don't beat yourself up, alright?  ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 7:05 pm

OK.  So maybe you raised ONE hair.  At some point.  Some where.  Eyebrows not necessarily included.  8)

So don't beat yourself up, alright?  ;)

Huh-huh-huh, huh-huh-huh.

You said "eyebrow".

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 7:13 pm

I remember when I first joined the boards, there was this lady who I thought was a little bizarre.  I don't remember her screen name, but I remember it was all in CAPS, and that she deleted her account.  Overall, she was a nice gal, but I also remember she posted infrequently

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 7:16 pm

Nothing bizarre about you, Jason.

....Except your number of Championships.  ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 7:17 pm

I remember when I first joined the boards, there was this lady who I thought was a little bizarre.  I don't remember her screen name, but I remember it was all in CAPS, and that she deleted her account.  Overall, she was a nice gal, but I also remember she posted infrequently

^

'Whistledog' ?  ??? .... I seem to recall the name ....  :-\\ ....

Somebody who now posts .... infrequently ?  ???  :P  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 7:21 pm

Nothing bizarre about you, Jason.

....Except your number of Championships.  ;)

I do have too many of them ;D

^

'Whistledog' ?  ??? .... I seem to recall the name ....  :-\\ ....

Somebody who now posts .... infrequently ?  ???  :P   ;D

LOL

nah, this gal deleted her account if I remember

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 7:22 pm

I do have too many of them ;D

LOL

nah, this gal deleted her account if I remember

I think he meant you, 'A'.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 7:29 pm

I think he meant you, 'A'.

'A' ?  ??? :-\\

Now if you'd've said 'eh' ... well, I'm sure Jason could relate to that.

Eh ?   :P  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 7:32 pm

" Too right, Mr. Mister !" "You're a "%^$###@#%$$@%%#@" ... and you're NOT invited to OUR orgy !"  :P

I have to wonder... What possible word of profanity has that many letters!?

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 7:34 pm

::)

Maybe it's a tirade of vulgarities ? .... which I'm sure I thoroughly deserve !  :-[ :P  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 7:49 pm

::)

Maybe it's a tirade of vulgarities ? .... which I'm sure I thoroughly deserve !  :-[ :P  :D

Totally.

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 8:07 pm

'A' ?  ??? :-\\

Now if you'd've said 'eh' ... well, I'm sure Jason could relate to that.

Eh ?   :P  ;D

I do post infrequently LOL
But I never deleted my account.  I'd be a fool to do that.  A fool I tell ya dag nabbit! ;D :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 8:08 pm

Yes... it IS rather surprising that we have to watch our mouths around these sweet 'innocent' TOTALLY INNOCENT ...  unblemished kids ...  ::)    :-\\

When you consider .....

http://articles.aish.com/graphics/articles/Out_of_the_Mouths_of_Babes_230x150_m.jpg

http://blog.joins.com/usr/z/e/zenken/1/angry_baby.jpg

(Uhm...  :-X  The above  ^  ...

translates to)  .....

"Hey Mr. Mister !" .... "

"FORK ..."

http://home.netvigator.com/~janeng/Angry%20Baby.jpg
                    OFF ! "

:-[ :\'(

:P :D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 8:13 pm

^ I find that offensive. I demand you take away those pictures this moment.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/04/07 at 8:14 pm

Now ya, how aboat that, ey?

Written By: La Roche on 12/04/07 at 8:25 pm

i have to admit, when i found out laroche was a guy i was a little bit... well, there was a readjustment period.

Did you have the hots for me!?!  8)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 8:27 pm

I didn't see anything too offensive in Hawk's post. Unless he edited it. If so, I always miss the good stuff..! >=O!

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 8:28 pm

^ I find that offensive. I demand you take away those pictures this moment.

No !  Sue me !  :P ;D

Written By: La Roche on 12/04/07 at 8:33 pm

that is fabulous.

i recall BFF seeming like someone I knew from high school, Tia was the guy that was funny - like I'd go to a party if he were there just to hear him be funny in person.  Davey was LaRoche....but was funny and mean at the same time; I would hang out with him behind the school and smoke.
The girls were all nice...Catwoman was congenial and fun and had good zingers.  karens all, in general are great so no surprise that Karen was coool. 
Same to all the boys.  I was imporessed with the reandom musical knowledge found here.

I just sorta figured you were hot..

I guess if by smoke behind the school buildings you mean engage in illegal acts of david lee roth'ness then you're on.

By the way, when did I mention swans in stagnant pools, that's more poignant than my usual, paedophilia's funny schtick.

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 8:38 pm

No !   Sue me !   :P ;D

But you are Alan, not Sue? :D

Written By: karen on 12/04/07 at 8:48 pm

By the way, when did I mention swans in stagnant pools, that's more poignant than my usual, paedophilia's funny schtick.

Just because I have way too much time on my hands I searched to see if you had ever mentioned swans in stagnant pools.  It looks like you didn't but Hawk asked if you ever wrote poetry about them in this thread

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/07 at 9:10 pm

But you are Alan, not Sue? :D

Alan now .... but it wasn't ALWAYS that way.

When I was born .... you won't believe this ... but my dad ... he named me after this song ....    :-http://cover6.cduniverse.com/msiart/0000488/0000488830.jpg

I think he thought it would make me tough ... able to look finger wagging babies in the eye .. and not be intimidated when they gave a hint of where I should go.  >:(  8)

Hey ! He was right ! I'm able to look them in the eye ... and .... HOLD my ground ! .... Aah .... thanks dad !  ...  ::)

However ... many moons later ... I liked the sound of the name 'Alan' ... and got myself renamed by deed poll. The song was subsequently updated ....  :-X

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3124/alansuezh1.jpg

^

So .... there you have it !  ::)  :P  ;D

(You do believe me now, don't you ?  ??? ).

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 9:18 pm

(You do believe me now, don't you ?  ??? ).

Sure, why not

Hey, maybe you could change your middle name to Sue and your last name to Sudio :D

"There's a girl that's been on my mind, AL the time, Sue Sue Sudio"

http://www.stereogum.com/img/philcollins.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 12/04/07 at 9:18 pm

Just because I have way too much time on my hands I searched to see if you had ever mentioned swans in stagnant pools.  It looks like you didn't but Hawk asked if you ever wrote poetry about them in this thread

So I never said it! I thought it seemed a little beyond me. Thanks Karen.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/04/07 at 11:26 pm

I didn't see anything too offensive in Hawk's post. Unless he edited it. If so, I always miss the good stuff..! >=O!

No, no editing. Someone just got their rump in a roast, and took it out on me, That's all.

That's right, I did ask you.
And as I recall, you didn't give me the red ass on it.
No one else has.

-Your witness, bro.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 2:00 am

I'd like to say that the truth can sometimes do more harm than good and unless we're jesting with someone who knows we're jesting, saying something unflattering on this thread, even though it's one's first impression, well it looks insultive & is not a good thing to do. IMHO

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 4:37 am

I understand that, Mike.
I respect what you are saying.
What you say is true.

However, in order to insult, you have to actually do it.
I declined comment.
And others have posted on what's in question, and not gotten konked for it.
Fair is fair.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 5:00 am

Since I've returned ... I've noticed the absence of one or two people (no names) ... who are no longer with us ... and have declined to comment ... because if you can't speak good of the 'dead' ... it is probably wise to keep your mouth shut ?  Especially in the case that the 'dead' was quite popular with some members ... who you are also friendly with. Kind of a tightrope act.

I think it is strange that said person(s) I have in mind were somewhat lauded for their 'straight -shooting' approach / calling a spade a spade as they saw it ... yet if you try to voice your honest opinion in the context of the people who were around when you joined ... that persons allies tells you to shut up .... cause they're gonna defend the 'dead' who can't defend themselves. Hmm. The fact the site owner thought (expressed) they might not be in the best interest ... doesn't cut much ice, apparently ? I would say said person ... was probably the biggest reason I quit here maybe a little over a year ago ? I read he (ChuckyG)  thought a lot of good people had gone because of the  one person I'm thinking of .... (but won't name) ....

All I'll say now is ... Hawk ... I am one of your allies !

Let me also say .... I find this board much more enjoyable this time around .... and I think having moderators (which we didn't the last time around) has had something to do with this !

Written By: Tia on 12/05/07 at 7:11 am

all that said, there WAS a certain poetry to the swans in stagnant pools line. if you didn't actually say it you might wanna take credit for it anyway.

Written By: La Roche on 12/05/07 at 7:40 am

all that said, there WAS a certain poetry to the swans in stagnant pools line. if you didn't actually say it you might wanna take credit for it anyway.

Bit late now..  :\'(

Oh well, they would have just been like the fetid doves in the stormclouds.

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/05/07 at 7:48 am

Hey, maybe you could change your middle name to Sue and your last name to Sudio :D

"There's a girl that's been on my mind, AL the time, Sue Sue Sudio"

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/05/07 at 9:06 am

I declined comment.
fraid not, no. rather, you insulted me and several people i care a lot about, and i pointed it out to you. and your "declining comment" was old-school passive aggressive in a not terribly subtle way. can you imagine if i did a first impressions list and you were on it, given the history? i would simply know not to include you if i didn't want to start trouble. i think you thought you could get in a few digs without getting noticed. but you got noticed. no biggie, but dont expect people not to say anything.

here's a proposal: just dont talk about or to me. okay? don't put me on your first impressions list and talk about who you think i'm obsessed with. in fact, don't put me on any lists that you put together that involve your opinions of other members. i already know your opinion of me and you know the converse, so frankly, given the history, i find it extraordinary that you put me on that list in the first place. if i had put one together it never would have occurred to me to include you in it, because i know quite well where it would have ended up.

anyway. if in the future you do that i will do the same for you. deal?

Written By: ninny on 12/05/07 at 10:19 am

I really don't know much about you people yet,the majority of the time I deal with Mr. Mister,whom i fine to be an interesting person who basically says what is on his mine,there's also Phillip Eno,who likes to go by the rules,I don't like to stereotype but he seems likewhat a proper British person would act like (no offense Phil),I also fine him to be very interesting,especially his banter between himself & Hawk The Slayer,and himself & Mr. Mister. I have done a few quiz's with some of the other members,talked about things in the 70;s & 80;s with others,I hope to get to know more people,and maybe they will get to know me.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 1:00 pm

here's a proposal: just dont talk about or to me. okay?

It IS possible, given the size of this board, to co-exist, and pass like 'ships in the night' .... with no interaction / acknowledgment of each other. Not the ideal solution in a 'perfect world' .. but obviously it isn't, so a workable one. Else it's either a case of continued (escalating ?) bickering, or somebody is gonna quit (the board).

I seem to hit it off with MOST people here (more than 90 % ? ) .... but it's almost impossible to get everyone to like you, and I've given up on that ideal. Someone, somewhere, probably hates your guts, no matter what you do. Ultimately, like that Rick Nelson song says ... 'you can't please everybody, so ... you've got to please yourself). So, I AM aware /sensitive of a small number of such people here concerning me (you know who you are) ... but we largely manage to pass .... like ships .............

Written By: Tia on 12/05/07 at 1:05 pm

It IS possible, given the size of this board, to co-exist, and pass like 'ships in the night' .... with no interaction / acknowledgment of each other. Not the ideal solution in a 'perfect world' .. but obviously it isn't, so a workable one. Else it's either a case of continued (escalating ?) bickering, or somebody is gonna quit (the board).

I seem to hit it off with MOST people here (more than 90 % ? ) .... but it's almost impossible to get everyone to like you, and I've given up on that ideal. Someone, somewhere, probably hates your guts, no matter what you do. Ultimately, like that Rick Nelson song says ... 'you can't please everybody, so ... you've got to please yourself). So, I AM aware /sensitive of a small number of such people here concerning me (you know who you are) ... but we largely manage to pass .... like ships .............

honestly dude, i know you and i had kinda some issues before and to be honest i think i was unfair to you back then. and if that's true i apologize. you strike me as a perfectly decent bloke. maybe a hair eccentric but then again, look at my online name and look at my gender. :P evidently there's eccentricity to go around.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 1:13 pm

I really don't know much about you people yet,the majority of the time I deal with Mr. Mister,whom i fine to be an interesting person who basically says what is on his mine

Thank you for your nice comments, ninny. Good to see somebody join up who fits in like they've almost always been here .... you seem to have done that in almost no time at all. 'Live long and prosper' (or something like that).  8)

Written By: karen on 12/05/07 at 1:16 pm

sometimes I think I must be reading something different to other people on this thread  :-\\

First impressions of the people who were here when I joined.  It's hard to think that far back and a lot of people are no longer here.

Fussbudget - a lovely bloke who doesn't post here enough.
Ceramics Fanatic - a lovely lady, very easy to talk to.
ChuckyG - I was always surprised at how little he seemed to post.

Others I can't now recall if they were here before I first joined or not.  People like Cat, Dagwood, Mama K, Bobo, nally, etc.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 1:17 pm

honestly dude, i know you and i had kinda some issues before and to be honest i think i was unfair to you back then. and if that's true i apologize. you strike me as a perfectly decent bloke. maybe a hair eccentric but then again, look at my online name and look at my gender. :P evidently there's eccentricity to go around.

I .... I don't know what to say, now ....  :-X

Re: 'eccentricity'    :D  8)

The rest ?

:) 8)

Written By: ninny on 12/05/07 at 1:59 pm

Thank you for your nice comments, ninny. Good to see somebody join up who fits in like they've almost always been here .... you seem to have done that in almost no time at all. 'Live long and prosper' (or something like that).  8)

Your Welcome, I plan to" live long and prosper" and take over the world ;D :D with lets of little NINNYS running around causing havoc

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 2:14 pm

Your Welcome, I plan to" live long and prosper" and take over the world ;D :D with lets of little NINNYS running around causing havoc

If they all look like you .....

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gif

^ So SWEET  :-* ;D

.... that's fine by me !  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 2:16 pm

I concur with Alan's statement, ninny.

BTW- I apologize for the recent unpleasantness, shown earlier in this thread.
The proper authorities have been notified.

Hopefully, this will not mar your experience with this board.

Written By: ninny on 12/05/07 at 2:23 pm

I concur with Alan's statement, ninny.

BTW- I apologize for the recent unpleasantness, shown earlier in this thread.
The proper authorities have been notified.

Hopefully, this will not mar your experience with this board.

Not much bothers me-glad to see your back. But i do think Matthias is a perv,just joking :D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 2:24 pm

I plan to" live long and prosper" and take over the world ;D :D with lets of little NINNYS running around causing havoc

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gif

I plan to" live long and prosper" and take over the world ;D :D with lets of little NINNYS running around causing havoc

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/avatars/Other/kitty.gif

ALERT ! ALERT ! THE INVASION OF THE 'NINNYS HAS BEGUN !

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 2:26 pm

ROFL

Written By: ninny on 12/05/07 at 2:28 pm

Let the INVASION BEGIN

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 3:04 pm

I still don't understand why you thought that. However, if that puts me in the same category as about 4 of the coolest members on this board, I feel honored to be in such company.  ;)

Cat
I know we talked about why about 20 months ago Cat, and I think the connection was (without stereotyping black women) was that your posts sounded so cool, and I know your avatar is my favorite Catwoman from Batman Julie Newmar, but somehow the eartha Kitt version was in my head at the time.

I understand that, Mike.
I respect what you are saying.
What you say is true.

However, in order to insult, you have to actually do it.
I declined comment.
And others have posted on what's in question, and not gotten konked for it.
Fair is fair.
Hopefully i didn't come off acting like The Thread Police, just trying to be diplomatic. There was a member banned that was mentioned & is a dear friend of mine. Not pointing a finger at you Wayne, but at the population as a whole. I said some things in my 1st impressions that someone may think insultive by calling them a troublemaker, but me & that person's rapport is good and no anoymosity at all and we can tease one another like that, but someone else may see it as me being mean. I've been called worse things here at this board, mostly by my better friends and jokingly & lovingly  ;D  and it's strangely fun and we can do that but I'm not going to give any first impressions that were negative, even if they were awful and there are some. that's just me and my choice.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 3:20 pm

by the way, just in case anyone's first impression of me was that I  was an obnoxious  jerk, now is a good time to tell me  8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/05/07 at 3:23 pm

by the way, just in case anyone's first impression of me was that I  was an obnoxious  jerk, now is a good time to tell me  8)

You obnoxious jerk.

My first impression was that you liked Badfinger.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 3:36 pm

You obnoxious jerk.

amazing how an insult from Rice  :)  actually made me smile.
yeah! Rice calls em as he sees em.   

I did think you being so into leet was a bit nerdy  ;D 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/05/07 at 3:55 pm

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 4:11 pm

amazing how an insult from Rice  :)  actually made me smile.
yeah! Rice calls em as he sees em.   

I STILL don't get the leet thing.
I know it has to do with 1337, but that's as far as the train took me.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/07 at 4:45 pm

I don't even know.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 4:56 pm

I'm not sure but I think that 1337 is suppossed to be an L, 2 backwards E's, and a T
now doesn't that all seem clearer  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/05/07 at 5:46 pm

Too many Ninnys... ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/05/07 at 5:48 pm

Wait a minute....

Weren't the Ninnys an invading force in "Doctor Who" once?

*dialling the number for UNIT*

Written By: Howard on 12/05/07 at 5:49 pm

Wait a minute....

Weren't the Ninnys an invading force in "Doctor Who" once?

*dialling the number for UNIT*

Who?  ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 5:58 pm

I'm not sure but I think that 1337 is suppossed to be an L, 2 backwards E's, and a T
now doesn't that all seem clearer  ;D

Mike is right, Wayne. It's a computer nerdy thing. One site says:

The word leet can be defined as many similar things, but mainly cool, or good at whatever they are/do. Eg "That jump you did on your motorbike was leet" (cool).

elsewhere, they say  .......

The term itself is a degenerative form of the word "elite", and the language it describes resembles a highly specialized form of electronic shorthand. At first the word leet was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community. In that usage, Leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person.

Further ...

Some examples of Leet include: B1FF and n00b, a term for the stereotypical newbie;

So .. as you can see, it's a made up language combining alpha-numeric keyboard symbols. Here's a table of some possibilities:

* 0 can be used for O or D
    * 1 can be used for I, L or T
    * 3 can be used for E or B
    * 2 can be used for Z or R
    * 6 can be used for B or G
    * £ can be used for L or E

You can explore this all more at:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/05/07 at 6:03 pm

Leet is the act of forming words with numbers and other ascii characters that aren't letters.

Naturally, 1337 is special since it spells out the name of this art using the art.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 6:11 pm

Leet is the act of forming words with numbers and other ascii characters that aren't letters.

Naturally, 1337 is special since it spells out the name of this art using the art.

Or to put what 'Meat!' said ... ANOTHER way .....

£337 1$ 7h3 4(7 0ƒ ƒ0rm1n9 w0rÐ$ w17h nµmb3r$ 4nÐ 07h3r 4$(11 (h4r4(73r$ 7h47 4r3n'7 £3773r$.

N47µr4££¥, 1337 1$ $p3(14£ $1n(3 17 $p3££$ 0µ7 7h3 n4m3 0ƒ 7h1$ 4r7 µ$1n9 7h3 4r7.

Right, 'Meat !'  ???  :P  ;)

Right Wayne ?  ???      "Get it ?"  ???          "Got it ?"  :-\\    ...                  "Good !"  :) 8)  ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/05/07 at 6:29 pm

You obnoxious jerk.

My first impression was...wtf is Badfinger?

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 6:36 pm

I thought ... this guy must be quite muscley ... and love yellow shirts (something we've discussed before .... maybe it's lemon ? maybe white ... depending  on your monitor) ... going on his Freddy Mercury avatar.

I thought it strange that he claimed to be a 'Badfinger-fan' .... yet used a 'Queen' avatar. Actually, I'm not sure if my opinion's changed, in this regard ....  :-\\  :P    ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/05/07 at 7:22 pm

Others I can't now recall if they were here before I first joined or not.  People like Cat, Dagwood, Mama K, Bobo, nally, etc.

I don't know who was here first.  I have been here forever, since the old, old, old board.  I don't really remember my first impressions of many. 

Written By: ninny on 12/05/07 at 10:57 pm

Too many Ninnys... ;D

Ha! there is never to many NINNYS let the invasion begin :D ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/05/07 at 11:02 pm

Here come the Dragons!

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/05/07 at 11:03 pm

Here this is better!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/470129296_3d5493a48e_o_d.jpg

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 11:28 pm

Here come the Dragons!

Wow ! Scary stuff ! :o

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7858/copyofgeorgeandthedragosr0.jpghttp://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7858/copyofgeorgeandthedragosr0.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7858/copyofgeorgeandthedragosr0.jpghttp://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7858/copyofgeorgeandthedragosr0.jpg

^ To the Rescue ?  ???  :-\\

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/05/07 at 11:41 pm

Here comes the Calvary..........................................................
Death awaits you all with sharp, nasty, pointy, teeth!

http://thumbp1.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2494660465&mid=AC99v9EAAETSR1SfNQh9FloSijo&partid=1&f=385&fid=friendlystuffs&res=88x88&appid=vespaui
http://thumbp1.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2494660465&mid=AC99v9EAAETSR1SfNQh9FloSijo&partid=1&f=385&fid=friendlystuffs&res=88x88&appid=vespaui

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/05/07 at 11:45 pm

Here comes the Calvary..........................................................
Death awaits you all with sharp, nasty, pointy, teeth!

http://thumbp1.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2494660465&mid=AC99v9EAAETSR1SfNQh9FloSijo

Hmm. Would it be fair to sic 'Hawk the SLAYER !' onto 'LadyHawk' ?  :-X  :-\\

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 12:03 am

Hey, he helped me with it. Don't think that will work, besides I am his wife. Do you think he would listen to you or me. (with my very persuasive female ways)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/07 at 12:09 am

Hey, he helped me with it. Don't think that will work, besides I am his wife. Do you think he would listen to you or me. (with my very persuasive female ways)

That ploy won't work ?  ???  :\'( :\'(  I thought a little family feud ... might be ONE way to distract a 'dragon' !  ;)  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 12:26 am

Wayne is the little rabbit. I am a fire dragon. Any questions?

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/07 at 1:06 am

Wayne is the little rabbit. I am a fire dragon. Any questions?

He may be a rabbit .... but no ORDINARY rabbit.

http://images.elfwood.com/art/m/i/mirey/rabbitdragon.jpg
"Hey Honey ! Your home ? Where's my dinner ? What ? Lettuce again ?"  >:( :\'( 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/06/07 at 1:07 am

My first impression was...wtf is Badfinger?
this is Badfinger. the one on the left, Joey Molland is the only member still alive  :\'(
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/BadfingerStraightUp.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badfinger
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/Badfinger.jpg

Isabel, when I wore my Badfinger shirt to work, women asked me this question, and I just winked at them   ;)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/badfingerpics002.jpg

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/07 at 1:15 am

Isabel, when I wore my Badfinger shirt to work, women asked me this question, and I just winked at them  ;)

It ain't inherently a 'BAD' finger, now, is it Mike ? A bad tradesman always blames his tool ! (Oops,  :-[ I meant tools ... I think  :P ). Yeah, if you know how to use it  those women would probably say it's wrongly named ?  ???  :-X  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/06/07 at 1:18 am

It ain't inherently a 'BAD' finger, now, is it Mike ? A bad tradesman always blames his tool ! (Oops,   :-[ I meant tools ... I think  :P ). Yeah, if you know how to use it  those women would probably say it's wrongly named ?  ???  :-X  ;D
;D  c'mon now Al. it's too late for me to be laughing like this in here. Diane's gonna think I'm a freak.  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/06/07 at 1:23 am

What part of fire breathing dragon do you not understand. You had better behave before I light you up.

http://www.animation.arthouse.org/dragonsb/blueflyer.gif

http://images.elfwood.com/art/m/i/mirey/rabbitdragon.jpg
"Hey Honey ! Your home ? Where's my dinner ? What ? Lettuce again ?"  >:( :\'( 

Written By: KKay on 12/06/07 at 7:57 am

Badfinger: best haircuts ever.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/06/07 at 8:21 am

Badfinger: best haircuts ever.

The one in the middle really does it for me.

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 11:35 am

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Warped_milly/deadhellokitty.jpg

The Battle scars of taking over the world

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/07 at 11:37 am

Ooh, I see a new thread coming on-Battle of the Avatars. I'll let those who are involve start it.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 12/06/07 at 11:37 am

ninny has a twisted side! i like it. 8)

back... and to the left.

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 12:35 pm

ninny has a twisted side! i like it. 8)

back... and to the left.

This is what I need to take overhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/mrbluekittie/Vacation/NewYorkVacation040.jpg

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/07 at 2:23 pm

This is what I need to take overhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/mrbluekittie/Vacation/NewYorkVacation040.jpg

"Excellent, excellent !"  ^ :D  ;D    :D

Have you been taking a leaf out of somebody else's book ?  ??? ... I have absolutely NO idea ... who I might be thinking of  ;)

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 2:32 pm

"Excellent, excellent !"  ^ :D   ;D    :D

Have you been taking a leaf out of somebody else's book ?  ??? ... I have absolutely NO idea ... who I might be thinking of  ;)

Who could it be MASTER MISTER ;D ;D :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/07 at 2:44 pm

:-http://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/images/smilies/busted2.gif    ;D

Incidentally, this was also very good !

Although perhaps it is I who is taking over the world ... with the assistance of my new found protégé  ?  ???  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/07 at 2:49 pm

Don't call him "Master". He may like it too much.  ;)

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/06/07 at 4:36 pm

Battle of the Avatars, eh?

Pickin' on da wabbit, huh?

Here's a wabbit for ya!

http://sp1.mm-a11.yimg.com/image/76488469

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 5:32 pm

Battle of the Avatars, eh?

Pickin' on da wabbit, huh?

Here's a wabbit for ya!

http://sp1.mm-a11.yimg.com/image/76488469
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/AUnat/MyButtHurts.jpg
Kitty got hungry
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u26/Dalima92/Hello%20Kitty/hello_kitty_picture-31.gif
we are everywhere ;D :)

Written By: Howard on 12/07/07 at 7:57 am

*VOMIT*  8-P

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 5:07 pm

*VOMIT*  8-P

TMI, man.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/07/07 at 5:56 pm

My last impression..Meat is not mean anymore :\'(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 6:04 pm

My last impression..Meat is not mean anymore :\'(
I bet he can still be mean if he wants to, he just needs the right person to stimulate his viciousness.

...my first impression of thereshegoes was that she was very effervescent & excited & had the hots for Tia because when she first arrived Tia went a little gaga for her.  ::)

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/07/07 at 6:21 pm

I bet he can still be mean if he wants to, he just needs the right person to stimulate his viciousness.

...my first impression of thereshegoes was that she was very effervescent & excited & had the hots for Tia because when she first arrived Tia went a little gaga for her.  ::)

Ok,you don't talk about me or to me from now on :P

so so busted,i guess i deserve it 'cause of the jacks thing,we're even,k?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 6:25 pm

so so busted,i guess i deserve it 'cause of the jacks thing
;D LOL    ok, we're even Isabel    ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/07/07 at 6:31 pm

^

If YOU say so ..... Mike.  ::)

Who better to be the judge on that one ?  ::)

http://img.mickey.tv/vi/A/ArbARCeam3I/2.jpg
"All we hear" .....

http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/photos/20031110/freddymercurystatuemontreux.jpg
                  "is Radio Ga Ga !"

:P ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 7:13 pm

^

If YOU say so ..... Mike.  ::)

Who better to be the judge on that one ?  ::)

http://img.mickey.tv/vi/A/ArbARCeam3I/2.jpg
"All we hear" .....

http://www.7is7.com/otto/travel/photos/20031110/freddymercurystatuemontreux.jpg
                   "is Radio Ga Ga !"

:P ;D
Freddie!    Thanks Al. your post made me go onto youtube and watch Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody/Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid '85)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQZpjEu3O4&feature=related

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 7:18 pm

so so busted,i guess i deserve it 'cause of the jacks thing,we're even,k?

What's wrong with liking Mike? He's a nice dude.

Unlike me, I'm mean to the bone. Grr.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 7:25 pm

omg! you're nice.  :o 

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/07/07 at 7:27 pm

There's nothing wrong,little one.

omg! you're nice.  :o 

See? I'm telling you,we lost Dom :(

Written By: Jessica on 12/07/07 at 7:27 pm

You're about as mean as a Care Bear.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 7:28 pm

That's almost as bad as Dead Baby dress-up.

I remember another first impression: back in the days when Meat! still wrote and recorded parodies, I thought he was in his 30s and, like, famous, like Weird Al.

I seem to recall some PMs about the recordings and the Flabby Dude album, and him possibly thinking I was a pedophile.  :o

I vote those two the most off first impressions ever.

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/07/07 at 7:33 pm

Freddie!    Thanks Al. your post made me go onto youtube and watch Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody/Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid '85)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQZpjEu3O4&feature=related

I was hoping to post a pic of the crowds punching the air to that one (Radio ga ga). Surprisingly ...  found NOTHING suitable, in that regard. Bizarre, given that was possibly the most memorable image of that day at Live Aid '85 ..... when Freddie had the crowd at his feet !  An awesome, absolutely AWESOME  sight it was too  !

That link would be well worth watching, to the uninitiated ... but I have it recorded to tape ... so I'll give it a miss.  8)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 7:39 pm

There's nothing wrong,little one.

See? I'm telling you,we lost Dom :(

:P I was never mean. You've lost nothing.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 7:40 pm

That's almost as bad as Dead Baby dress-up.

I remember another first impression: back in the days when Meat! still wrote and recorded parodies, I thought he was in his 30s and, like, famous, like Weird Al.

I seem to recall some PMs about the recordings and the Flabby Dude album, and him possibly thinking I was a pedophile.  :o

I vote those two the most off first impressions ever.

Ant

Buaha. Well, I'm glad I was thought of that way. >:-}D Thanks.

And, well, no-- I didn't think you were a pedophile because I just figured you had no idea what age I was. But now I do. :)

Written By: Tia on 12/07/07 at 8:03 pm

I seem to recall some PMs about the recordings and the Flabby Dude album, and him possibly thinking I was a pedophile.  :o

http://i4.tinypic.com/6oc8aqs.jpg

sorry, i just wanted to use that.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 8:25 pm

Buaha. Well, I'm glad I was thought of that way. >:-}D Thanks.

And, well, no-- I didn't think you were a pedophile because I just figured you had no idea what age I was. But now I do. :)

But now you do... think I'm a pedophile? Sorry, I'm only into gay insomniac monks... that are also Vegans.

http://i4.tinypic.com/6oc8aqs.jpg

sorry, i just wanted to use that.

No problem. Funny pic... take this quiz and see how well you do:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=spot_the_pedo

Ant

Written By: Tia on 12/07/07 at 8:28 pm

But now you do... think I'm a pedophile? Sorry, I'm only into gay insomniac monks... that are also Vegans.

No problem. Funny pic... take this quiz and see how well you do:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=spot_the_pedo

Ant
funny stuff! although i'm afraid i didn't score very well. i like how it admonishes you.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 8:38 pm

funny stuff! although i'm afraid i didn't score very well. i like how it admonishes you.

Look for a flashgame called "Jailbait". There's at least two versions, though I can't seem to find the PG-13 version of it at the moment.

I almost guarantee you will not get a perfectly innocent score on either version.

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/07 at 9:42 pm

that is fabulous.

i recall BFF seeming like someone I knew from high school
well since we go way back Karen, to the KKay days, it's just been my privilege to give you Belle du Jour, your 1337th  karma leet! style.  Was it good for you too?  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...