inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Scariest Ex

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:21 pm

Ok...we all had that EX husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend from HELL....

so let's hear it...tell us something that totally deems them the "scariest ex".

Ok I will start...my ex husband used to yell at me and abuse me mentally and emotionally.  He actually yelled at me once for putting a Pepsi bottle on the counter (because it was dirty)....then he yelled at me for dropping a lettuce leaf on the ground....but the worst was....he actually yelled at me one time for SITTING WRONG ON THE COUCH!!  How does one sit WRONG on a couch? He was all upset because I was sitting with my legs curled under instead of having them down in front of me...............

Can anyone say, "PSYCHO?" :o

Subject: Re: The Scariest Ex

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 8:25 pm

Ok...we all had that EX husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend from HELL....

so let's hear it...tell us something that totally deems them the "scariest ex".

Ok I will start...my ex husband used to yell at me and abuse me mentally and emotionally.  He actually yelled at me once for putting a Pepsi bottle on the counter (because it was dirty)....then he yelled at me for dropping a lettuce leaf on the ground....but the worst was....he actually yelled at me one time for SITTING WRONG ON THE COUCH!!  How does one sit WRONG on a couch? He was all upset because I was sitting with my legs curled under instead of having them down in front of me...............

Woah talk about nit picking gone overboard.

Thankfully I can say I don't have one!  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:26 pm

Woah talk about nit picking gone overboard.

Thankfully I can say I don't have one!  :)

unfortunately it became a lot worse than just nit-picking...it got SO bad...I wasn't allowed to have friends anymore, I was cut off from my family....it was just very bad...and thank God, I am no longer anywhere near that creep!!!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 8:28 pm

Well, I had an ex boyfriend who convinced me that I should quit my job and stay home and relax and that he would take care of me.    Nowadays, I totally know better... but back then I thought it sounded great, since I had been working full time since I was 17, sometimes even two jobs just to get by.

So I ended up giving up my apartment and moving in with him... and let me tell you... everything had to be his way and he was very possessive/jealous... but i had to deal with it because i had no money and noplace to go.  He was always going out with his friends and coming home drunk but he didn't want me to go out, or wear tight clothes, etc.

I left one day while he was at work... and I actually slept in my car for a couple days before swallowing my pride and going to a friend's house.  Within a few days I got my old job back though, and everything turned out ok.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 8:30 pm

Well, I had an ex boyfriend who convinced me that I should quit my job and stay home and relax and that he would take care of me.    Nowadays, I totally know better... but back then I thought it sounded great, since I had been working full time since I was 17, sometimes even two jobs just to get by.

So I ended up giving up my apartment and moving in with him... and let me tell you... everything had to be his way and he was very possessive/jealous... but i had to deal with it because i had no money and noplace to go.  He was always going out with his friends and coming home drunk but he didn't want me to go out, or wear tight clothes, etc.

I left one day while he was at work... and I actually slept in my car for a couple days before swallowing my pride and going to a friend's house.  Within a few days I got my old job back though, and everything turned out ok.

Good for you. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:31 pm

This thread is getting kinda depressing...  :(

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 8:32 pm

I should mention too that this guy was an identical twin.  And his brother used to sometimes try to pretend to be him and trick me... but I could always tell the difference because his brother was always nice to me. ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 8:33 pm

I just noticed; the title of this thread sounds like a reality TV show.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:34 pm

I just noticed; the title of this thread sounds like a reality TV show.

yes... or more entertaining...

"EX FROM HELL!"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:34 pm

Well, I had an ex boyfriend who convinced me that I should quit my job and stay home and relax and that he would take care of me.    Nowadays, I totally know better... but back then I thought it sounded great, since I had been working full time since I was 17, sometimes even two jobs just to get by.

So I ended up giving up my apartment and moving in with him... and let me tell you... everything had to be his way and he was very possessive/jealous... but i had to deal with it because i had no money and noplace to go.  He was always going out with his friends and coming home drunk but he didn't want me to go out, or wear tight clothes, etc.

I left one day while he was at work... and I actually slept in my car for a couple days before swallowing my pride and going to a friend's house.  Within a few days I got my old job back though, and everything turned out ok.

oh God...just reading this takes me back to horrible memories....it is SO horrible being with someone that is controlling and possessive like that! I am so thankful that you got away from him!! :)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 8:42 pm

oh God...just reading this takes me back to horrible memories....it is SO horrible being with someone that is controlling and possessive like that! I am so thankful that you got away from him!! :)

It is actually kind of humiliating for me to talk about that time in my life... because i am completely the opposite now.  Anyone who knows me now would never be able to imagine that i ever let someone tell me what to do.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:45 pm

It is actually kind of humiliating for me to talk about that time in my life... because i am completely the opposite now.   Anyone who knows me now would never be able to imagine that i ever let someone tell me what to do.

See, that is totally me too. I was so different back then...but now, I would be like, STEP OFF BITCH!!  I have really grown a lot since then....and now that I look back at it, I can kinda appreciate the fact that it made me a stronger person.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/07/06 at 12:27 am

Ryan. He was really a woman.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 12:53 am

Ryan. He was really a woman.

yes, I can totally see it...he was more of a butchy woman.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/errrr.jpg

don't worry...I cropped you out of the picture...although you looked very darling if I might add. :)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/07/06 at 12:54 am

yes, I can totally see it...he was more of a butchy woman.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/errrr.jpg

don't worry...I cropped you out of the picture...although you looked very darling if I might add. :)

Oh yeah, he looks really.... square... :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 12:55 am

Oh yeah, he looks really.... square... :-\\

he's a total...what's the word...um, wacko? hick?.....psycho!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/07/06 at 1:01 am

he's a total...what's the word...um, wacko? hick?.....psycho!

LMAO!!!  I said he looks square because there's no photo there... just a white box that says "oops the image is no longer here" or something

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 1:14 am

LMAO!!!  I said he looks square because there's no photo there... just a white box that says "oops the image is no longer here" or something

oh crap!!! LOL!  that went right over my head! LOL!  I guess it is for the best anyways...beth would have probably killed me for posting it. ;D :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/06 at 1:24 am

oh crap!!! LOL!  that went right over my head! LOL!  I guess it is for the best anyways...beth would have probably killed me for posting it. ;D :D

it's not on your photobucket anymore

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/06 at 12:32 pm

Oh man, you want scarey ex stories? I can give you a truck-load full. My ex was an verbally abusive alcoholic. In his eyes I was "worthless" but yet he couldn't seem to do anything without my assistance (or me doing it for him-which I did unfortunately). The scariest thing he used to do was when he took a knife and "pretend" to stab me in the stomach with it and and at the last minute he would flip it so the handle would be next to me. He thought he was being funny and I told him that you don't even joke about something like that. He just didn't get it. After 6 years of his s**t, I finally left him and it was the best thing I did.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 01/07/06 at 1:04 pm

...my ex husband used to yell at me and abuse me mentally and emotionally.  He actually yelled at me once for putting a Pepsi bottle on the counter (because it was dirty)....then he yelled at me for dropping a lettuce leaf on the ground....but the worst was....he actually yelled at me one time for SITTING WRONG ON THE COUCH!!  How does one sit WRONG on a couch? He was all upset because I was sitting with my legs curled under instead of having them down in front of me...............

Can I say, 'scary'...?!!

My 'ex'-girlfriends were not even anywhere close to this league, I'm thankful to say...

Thank heavens you got out...that goes for you too, Andrea and Cat...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 1:09 pm

Can I say, 'scary'...?!!

My 'ex'-girlfriends were not even anywhere close to this league, I'm thankful to say...

Thank heavens you got out...that goes for you too, Andrea and Cat...

yes, I am very glad and happy to be away from him, Paul.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/06 at 1:11 pm

yes, I am very glad and happy to be away from him, Paul.

I hear ya.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/11/06 at 1:12 pm

Nothing especially heinous to tell just the usual controlling issues.

I was supposed to work full-time, keep everything immaculate at home, fulfill his fantasies (which I didn't share  ::) ), wear only pre-approved clothing (only loose t-shirts and dark colored clothing), not talk to any men unless I was answering a question (I was a librarian at the time), get rid of my friends (he was always telling me my best friend was coming on to him, including when he'd stop there while I was at work and she'd come out of the bathroom with only a towel and drop it) (My friend and I had/have completely opposite tastes in men and I KNEW she'd never do this.)  When that tactic didn't work, he tried to tell me that I was gay and was in love with my friend, in order to shame me into not having her as a friend anymore.  I was immediately supposed to turn over my paycheck without question, I was not allowed to go out of the house without his permission (especially if he was at work - WHEN he worked), THEN, when he decided to open a pizza place with a friend of his, I was supposed to quit my job, invest my retirement money into the business, then declare bankruptcy to not pay my own bills/credit card loan.  If I used his computer (the only one in the house), I had to leave all the windows open so he could check over them, he hacked into Yahoo Messenger and installed some kind of program that would clone any messages I sent/received to his account, he knew my e-mail passwords and read every one, but I was not allowed the same courtesy.

Sorry, I went off on a little tangent there, I thought I was over getting mad about the things that happened, but I guess I'm still...not.  :-[

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 1:18 pm

Nothing especially heinous to tell just the usual controlling issues.

I was supposed to work full-time, keep everything immaculate at home, fulfill his fantasies (which I didn't share  ::) ), wear only pre-approved clothing (only loose t-shirts and dark colored clothing), not talk to any men unless I was answering a question (I was a librarian at the time), get rid of my friends (he was always telling me my best friend was coming on to him, including when he'd stop there while I was at work and she'd come out of the bathroom with only a towel and drop it) (My friend and I had/have completely opposite tastes in men and I KNEW she'd never do this.)  When that tactic didn't work, he tried to tell me that I was gay and was in love with my friend, in order to shame me into not having her as a friend anymore.  I was immediately supposed to turn over my paycheck without question, I was not allowed to go out of the house without his permission (especially if he was at work - WHEN he worked), THEN, when he decided to open a pizza place with a friend of his, I was supposed to quit my job, invest my retirement money into the business, then declare bankruptcy to not pay my own bills/credit card loan.  If I used his computer (the only one in the house), I had to leave all the windows open so he could check over them, he hacked into Yahoo Messenger and installed some kind of program that would clone any messages I sent/received to his account, he knew my e-mail passwords and read every one, but I was not allowed the same courtesy.

Sorry, I went off on a little tangent there, I thought I was over getting mad about the things that happened, but I guess I'm still...not.  :-[

OMG..what a jerk! I know how you feel though..and the sad thing is...it seems no matter how much you try to get over stuff like that...it is always in the back of your mind. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/06 at 1:21 pm

My ex used to call me fat or "Porky" and I weighed less then than I do now. Unfortunately, I think that has really scarred me for life because now I think that I weigh too much. Carlos is wonderful-he keeps saying that my weight is fine (and more so  ;) )-but he is tired of hearing me complain about it.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/11/06 at 2:42 pm

Well, I've really have only had one ex that was really an ex (others are just claimed as one to two date boyfriends that didn't come into fruition).

My ex (since he doesn't mind posting his feelings on myspace.com, I guess I feel I can say a few things myself, lol) was not really a bad person. He just didn't suit me. Our personalities clashed to a degree that he just didn't see where I was coming from at any point in time. He was a constant tease (as in he couldn't stop touching me when I'd say for him to stop) and it drove me nuts. The one thing that really drove me over is that he thought I had a crush on my step-brother. I just was so upset about that. He would make midi-files of songs and sing in the car to them (and don't get me wrong, he sang well, but 8 hours of this would get to anybodies sanity). My music was usually dismissed or made fun of. There were VERY few songs he and I agreed on as good, yet I almost always agreed that HIS songs were nice and sweet and cute. Well, I guess I was fed up with it. If I had to live with that for the rest of my life, I honestly think I'd die. Plus, he wanted children and wanted to get married soon.. and ughh, it was just too much... I had to stop it before it went any further and obviously he was upset about it - but if I'm going to be unhappy with him, then eventually he'd be unhappy with me. All it would have ever been is a relationship based on resentment.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/11/06 at 4:34 pm

Oh man, you want scarey ex stories? I can give you a truck-load full. My ex was an verbally abusive alcoholic. In his eyes I was "worthless" but yet he couldn't seem to do anything without my assistance (or me doing it for him-which I did unfortunately). The scariest thing he used to do was when he took a knife and "pretend" to stab me in the stomach with it and and at the last minute he would flip it so the handle would be next to me. He thought he was being funny and I told him that you don't even joke about something like that. He just didn't get it. After 6 years of his s**t, I finally left him and it was the best thing I did.

Cat

I am so glad you left him, Cat. No one deserves that kind of treatment.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 4:38 pm

Ditto. But unfortunately I hear about this sort of thing all the time about boyfriends treating their girlfriends crappy.  :(

Just look at this thread.

And sometimes there are nice guys right under their noses..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/06 at 6:01 pm

Ditto. But unfortunately I hear about this sort of thing all the time about boyfriends treating their girlfriends crappy.  :(

Just look at this thread.

And sometimes there are nice guys right under their noses..

Thanks guys. So am I. It was hard to do but I am proud of myself for doing it. And now I am being rewarded from all my years of hell by having a wonderful husband who treats me like a goddess and I wouldn't trade for ANYTHING!!!

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/11/06 at 6:57 pm

I'm proud of all of you who've been able to leave abusive relationships. No one should take those liberties from you and twist your mind into believing they are doing you good. And when you can recognize this manipulation, all the power to you!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 7:02 pm

My ex used to call me fat or "Porky" and I weighed less then than I do now. Unfortunately, I think that has really scarred me for life because now I think that I weigh too much. Carlos is wonderful-he keeps saying that my weight is fine (and more so  ;) )-but he is tired of hearing me complain about it.

Cat

I can relate to that too...my ex used to never really come out and say that I was too fat...but always insinuated it, and stuff. But..Chris always tells me that I am beautiful just how I am...however, even if I was the skinniest person alive..I would always think I wasn't good enough..due to what I went through before. :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/11/06 at 8:33 pm

^ most every girl I know feels that way. I think it's just something built into their minds...  :-\\ Must look good

But keep in mind, being fat doesn't really make you any uglier...

as long as you don't weight like... 700 lbs.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 8:40 pm

^ most every girl I know feels that way. I think it's just something built into their minds...  :-\\ Must look good

But keep in mind, being fat doesn't really make you any uglier...

as long as you don't weight like... 700 lbs.

I agree. There are lots of guys out there who don't prefer slim women, actually.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 8:43 pm

I agree. There are lots of guys out there who don't prefer slim women, actually.

I think there are a lot of attractive heavier women, as well.  I mean...I could definitely lose some weight...I would feel alot better and I have a whole closet full of clothes that I could start wearing again....but just because I am overweight doesn't mean that I am not a voluptuous DIVA! LOL! ;D ;)

Written By: alyceclover on 01/11/06 at 8:58 pm

omigod...don't get me started. These are the types of things he did.

Was Pres of The Friends of Mt Pocono Public Library, we had to report to the board, so I was at the meeting. After, the mayor of the town was talking to me about my report, suprised I hadn't attended college, dah, dah, dah...and along comes "maddog" drives the car up on the curb, jumps out screaming. Some of the people he accused me of cheating on him with (idiot, I didn't) were so gross...I mean, jeeze, I have better taste than that... (he was the one that did the cheating)

Just erased all that I typed, ....leave it at getting chased around with guns & knives. Lucky. A lot of women that get out of the abusive marraige (relationship) end up dead.

There are signs that a man (or woman) may potentially be abusive. Rather obvious, in retrospect.

Written By: KKay on 01/11/06 at 10:05 pm

I always hear stories and I never have one to share.
then I thought, "I guess I'M the scary ex!!!"
nyah. I"m harmless.
just lucky.

Written By: NullandVoid on 01/11/06 at 10:35 pm

I don't know about scary but i had an ex who was definitely the King of As---les

First Offense: I caught him red handed on a date with his "ex". I should've left him then, but poor little insecure me decided to give the jerk another chance.

The Deal Breaker : Nine months into our "New and Improved" relationship. My Bf(also my co-worker) dissapears of the face of the earth. He wasn't at home,  didn't call, didn't show up to work. at first I was angry but then my anger soon turned to worrying. i had thought something happened to him. He shows up two weeks later like nothing happened, looking all clean cut and polished. He then proceeded to tell me that he had to go out of town because his grandma died and where he was at they didn't have a phone. The better part of me screamed BS!! but my idiotic half ate it up. Well later that day as my ex and I were playfighting, one of our unsuspecting coworkers said "You better be careful punching on him, that's a married man. He might sic his wife on you"
(&%*^&!!!!! WWIII&$%#! SMACKDOWN) yeah that's basically what happened after that secret slipped out.

Do you know he had the NERVE to tell me that getting married was just an experiment, that it wouldn't last a year and that he still loved me. UGH!!! I was gone so fast my shoes were smoking.
The B--stard called me 3 weeks later talking about that he was going to kill himself because I didn't love him anymore. I told him whatever you do don't put my name on the suicide and hung up. i haven't heard from him since. He just might be dead. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 10:38 pm

I don't know about scary but i had an ex who was definitely the King of As---les

First Offense: I caught him red handed on a date with his "ex". I should've left him then, but poor little insecure me decided to give the jerk another chance.

The Deal Breaker : Nine months into our "New and Improved" relationship. My Bf(also my co-worker) dissapears of the face of the earth. He wasn't at home,  didn't call, didn't show up to work. at first I was angry but then my anger soon turned to worrying. i had thought something happened to him. He shows up two weeks later like nothing happened, looking all clean cut and polished. He then proceeded to tell me that he had to go out of town because his grandma died and where he was at they didn't have a phone. The better part of me screamed BS!! but my idiotic half ate it up. Well later that day as my ex and I were playfighting, one of our unsuspecting coworkers said "You better be careful punching on him, that's a married man. He might sic his wife on you"
(&%*^&!!!!! WWIII&$%#! SMACKDOWN) yeah that's basically what happened after that secret slipped out.

Do you know he had the NERVE to tell me that getting married was just an experiment, that it wouldn't last a year and that he still loved me. UGH!!! I was gone so fast my shoes were smoking.
The B--stard called me 3 weeks later talking about that he was going to kill himself because I didn't love him anymore. I told him whatever you do don't put my name on the suicide and hung up. i haven't heard from him since. He just might be dead. ::)

what a freakin' loser! >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...