inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Piercings\Tattoos?

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:25 pm

None here!

Subject: Re: Any Piercings\Tattoos?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:32 pm

yes....I have my "bad kitty" tattoo on my lower back....it's pretty big, a lot bigger than what I thought it was gonna be...and it hurt like a beatch!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/mykittytattoo.jpg

I have my tongue pierced...here's when Chris and I went to get our tongues done

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/newtongues.jpg

and then I have my ears and cartilage in ear each pierced...a total of 4 in each ear...but I only wear 1 pair on my lobe and 1 pair on the cartilage of my ear.

I would like to get a little nostril piercing..but for some reason I am being a chicken! LOL! :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:36 pm

yes....I have my "bad kitty" tattoo on my lower back....it's pretty big, a lot bigger than what I thought it was gonna be...and it hurt like a beatch!!

That picture is what got me to start this thread  ;D

I think I used to have a sticker with a cat that looked just like that!

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 8:37 pm

Not yet.  ;D

I'd like to get a tattoo; I've been thinking perhaps a red dragon on my back, or maybe the skeleton with roses for hair and wrapped throughout him(anyone know what I'm talking about? it was the cover art for one of the Grateful Dead's albums).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:38 pm

That picture is what got me to start this thread  ;D

I think I used to have a sticker with a cat that looked just like that!

ya, me too...that is where I got the idea for the design! LOL!

I still would like to get one more...my plans are to get a fairy with bright butterfly wings...stretching out across my upper back...but that will cost a lot and HURT even more! :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:40 pm

ya, me too...that is where I got the idea for the design! LOL!

I still would like to get one more...my plans are to get a fairy with bright butterfly wings...stretching out across my upper back...but that will cost a lot and HURT even more! :o

BTW, I think tongue piercings hurt more than nose piercings, so no need to be chicken!

my older sister has like... 8 tattoos... she's got the solar system, a fairy, a butterfly, and some others I don't really know.

Her fiancee has I think the same amount (They sometimes get them together), but he has mostly freaky clowns!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:43 pm

BTW, I think tongue piercings hurt more than nose piercings, so no need to be chicken!

my older sister has like... 8 tattoos... she's got the solar system, a fairy, a butterfly, and some others I don't really know.

Her fiancee has I think the same amount (They sometimes get them together), but he has mostly freaky clowns!

well, I always thought that it would hurt horribly to get my tongue pierced...but it didn't....but almost everyone that has their nostril pierced told me that it really hurt...so I dunno? ???

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/06/06 at 8:44 pm

well, I always thought that it would hurt horribly to get my tongue pierced...but it didn't....but almost everyone that has their nostril pierced told me that it really hurt...so I dunno? ???

uhh... well, I'm not the one to ask, so ask someone who's done both!

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 8:45 pm

Found what I was talking about..

http://homegrownmusic.net/images/deadskull.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 8:46 pm

Found what I was talking about..

http://homegrownmusic.net/images/deadskull.jpg

that would be cool...where were you thinking about getting that done at Alex?  That would look cool on your arm or back.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/06/06 at 8:55 pm

None.  My ears used to be pierced until I caught one of my hoop earrings when I was brushing my hair.  Then I was scared to wear them, and they closed up.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/07/06 at 12:38 am

Just my ears. I had my lip pierced, but I took it out and it closed. Next.. maybe my nose.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/07/06 at 2:03 am

I have my tongue pierced...here's when Chris and I went to get our tongues done

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/newtongues.jpg

and then I have my ears and cartilage in ear each pierced...a total of 4 in each ear...but I only wear 1 pair on my lobe and 1 pair on the cartilage of my ear.

I would like to get a little nostril piercing..but for some reason I am being a chicken! LOL! :D
good tat, nice work. piercings got me a little squeamish though. The tongue piercing pic would be a good ad for the shop that does the work.

Written By: mandamoo on 01/07/06 at 4:55 am

Earlobes only - no tatt's

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/07/06 at 8:04 am

I'm gonna get a full face tattoo, using the new inthe00s logo

Of course the "00"s will be at my eyes.  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/06 at 8:46 am

None and none.

I'm a chicken!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/07/06 at 9:38 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/07/06 at 11:44 am

Earlobes only - no tatt's

Ditto!  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 12:07 pm

good tat, nice work. piercings got me a little squeamish though. The tongue piercing pic would be a good ad for the shop that does the work.

thanks! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/06 at 2:14 pm

I could never get a tattoo or anything pierced.  Hell, I'm still afraid to get a booster shot from my doctor  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/06 at 2:16 pm

Only two piercings-one in each ear. I was 13 when I had it done and I remembered it hurt like hell. If I haven't worn earings for while, I will just take one and stick it through.  I don't want them to close up because I never want to go through that again.

Cat

Written By: Darkbreed on 06/23/06 at 8:40 pm

My first tattoo not my last

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/23/06 at 8:45 pm

I have both my ears pierced twice, and that's it.

Written By: Darkbreed on 06/23/06 at 8:47 pm

i have my ear at a 0 my lip done both sides

Written By: Gis on 06/24/06 at 3:51 am

Only my ears pierced now, I had them done when I was 7. I had my belly button done but it went septic and I had to take the ring out with a pair of pliers  :P

I have my tattoo all planned out and have had for years but I'm not into pain so I've never got around to it.............

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 3:55 am

I don't believe in mutilating myself...lol, just kidding.

But piercings have never been my thing - it looks painful, and well, I just don't like bits of metal sticking in my skin. I don't have any tats either.

Written By: jackas on 06/24/06 at 5:00 am

I'm gonna get a full face tattoo, using the new inthe00s logo

Of course the "00"s will be at my eyes.   ;)

;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 5:27 am

;D

^ in response to LyricBoy,

Prove it. Take a photo and show us.  8)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 10:20 am

Just my ears, two in the right and three in the left.  Had my cartilage done but got infected had to let it close.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/24/06 at 10:31 am

I have both my ears pierced twice, and that's it.

Me too.  But my experience with the ear piercings -- they didn't hurt  except for a minor pinch.

I almost had my bellybutton pierced but chickened out.

Have considered a small tattoo, but I chickened out on that too.  Such a wuss!  ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/24/06 at 10:56 am

Me too.  But my experience with the ear piercings -- they didn't hurt  except for a minor pinch.

Have considered a small tattoo, but I chickened out on that too.  Such a wuss!  ;)

I've considered getting a tattoo also, but I'm just afraid I'll hate it or tire of it in a couple of years. 

Written By: Gis on 06/24/06 at 12:28 pm

Good call, my belly button hurt like heck once the anesthetic had worn off, bled alot too. It hurt worse once it went septic mind you !

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/06 at 9:22 pm

I think I found the perfect fairy that I want to get tattooed between my shoulders...on my back....she looks so, I dunno, old fashioned or something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/fairy2.jpg

Written By: gemini on 07/19/06 at 9:26 pm

I think I found the perfect fairy that I want to get tattooed between my shoulders...on my back....she looks so, I dunno, old fashioned or something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/fairy2.jpg

Ohhh, that's very pretty. I like it!  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/19/06 at 9:29 pm

:o That's really pretty, Erin.

If I ever do get a tattoo, I'd get a Viking compass on the top of my foot. The vikings used to paint them on their foreheads to symbolize spiritual direction.

http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/3015722860

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/06 at 9:30 pm

:o That's really pretty, Erin.

If I ever do get a tattoo, I'd get a Viking compass on the top of my foot. The vikings used to paint them on their foreheads to symbolize spiritual direction.

http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/3015722860

oh, that's a really neat idea. I would like to get a star on my foot....like a really rad looking star...hmmm...maybe we can go get our feet done sometime? LOL! :D ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/19/06 at 9:32 pm

oh, that's a really neat idea. I would like to get a star on my foot....like a really rad looking star...hmmm...maybe we can go get our feet done sometime? LOL! :D ;D

Fo' Sho'! If I can ever get the guts to do it. It took me so long before I was able to get a lipring.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/06 at 9:35 pm

you guys have got to see this tattoo that this girl I know got, it's of the actual footprints of her children..what a neat idea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/798053003_l.jpg

Written By: Davester on 07/19/06 at 9:35 pm

On my right upper arm.  Got him in '89...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/WWWcopy.jpg

Written By: KKay on 07/19/06 at 9:37 pm

no tattoos...never thought about it really.
i would. but i cant think of an image i want with me forever.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/19/06 at 9:39 pm

you guys have got to see this tattoo that this girl I know got, it's of the actual footprints of her children..what a neat idea.

WOW! That's a REALLY cool idea.

Written By: KKay on 07/19/06 at 9:42 pm

s
i agree that is really cool!
cute!

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 07/19/06 at 9:49 pm

I've got my eyebrow pierced. I'm getting my lip pierced when I turn 18 at the end of this month.

And I definitely want some tattoos. Maybe a Morrissey tattoo on my back, and lots of stars and lyrics and whatnot on the rest of my body.

EEK, I can't wait!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/19/06 at 10:02 pm

I've got my eyebrow pierced. I'm getting my lip pierced when I turn 18 at the end of this month.

And I definitely want some tattoos. Maybe a Morrissey tattoo on my back, and lots of stars and lyrics and whatnot on the rest of my body.

EEK, I can't wait!

Make sure they aren't that visible because you might have a hard time getting work if you're covered in tats and prospective employers can see them. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 07/19/06 at 10:14 pm

When I get the money I'm gonna get a tattoo of the Led Zeppelin symbols on my shoulders/upper back.  Other tattoos I've thought of for in the future after this first one include one of Beast from X-men, a Yin Yang and Gandalf.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/19/06 at 10:18 pm

I'm gonna get a tattoo of Doms face... on my face.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/06 at 10:19 pm

awww...that, would be so...creepily sweet! :o :)

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 07/19/06 at 10:23 pm

;D That made me LOL.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/20/06 at 2:27 am

that's Pagan Idolatry!!! 

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/06 at 7:02 am

uhh... well, I'm not the one to ask, so ask someone who's done both!

Hi.

Actually, I didn't have my tounge pierced, I got the small bit of flesh underneath my lip pierced. That hurt a lot more than my nose did.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 7:05 am

Hi.

Actually, I didn't have my tounge pierced, I got the small bit of flesh underneath my lip pierced. That hurt a lot more than my nose did.

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  I couldn't bear the pain  :o :o

No and no

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/06 at 7:10 am

I only have 5 piercings now, I had 7 but let two close up.

I've been debating for almost 2 years now as to what I'd like to have a tattoo of.

Much like Kay said, I just can't think of anything I'd desperatly like to have etched in to my flesh.

There are a few words I've considerd..

'Born to lose, Live to win.'

'The road becomes my home.'

I've thought of maybe the large shield with crossed axes, I think that would be freakin' sweet.
This is about the closest I can find, not quite like this, but similar enough for you to get the idea..
http://www.occult-shop.co.uk/axel-shield.JPG

This guy has the right idea with this one..
http://www.rareview.com/tv/images/tattoos/music/4.jpg

Another one I've thought of is the Whermacht Eagle on either a sword or a skull, that again, would kick ass.

I should totally start a thread, what tattoo should I get.

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/06 at 7:11 am

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  I couldn't bear the pain  :o :o

No and no

Nah, it wasn't that bad.
Enough to make me clench my fist but that was about it.

No more than when you get a shot at the Doctor's surgery and the Doc dosen't do it very well.

I actually had my nose pierced with a gun. Apparently they're not supposed to do it like that but I preferred it. Very quick.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/20/06 at 7:17 am

Nah, it wasn't that bad.
Enough to make me clench my fist but that was about it.

No more than when you get a shot at the Doctor's surgery and the Doc dosen't do it very well.

I actually had my nose pierced with a gun. Apparently they're not supposed to do it like that but I preferred it. Very quick.

nose piercings on men look great, Lenny Kravitz is a good example
I have my ears pierced once and made a second hole in the left ear when I was 14 using my mams sewing needles, oddly enough it never got infected but bled a lot and hurt.   :P

Written By: karen on 07/20/06 at 8:15 am

I had my ears pierced years ago.  The holes have more or less closed now so i'm going to get them redone in the next year or two.  Basically when hubby decides my daughter is old enough we'll go together.

Written By: karen on 07/20/06 at 8:19 am

I've been debating for almost 2 years now as to what I'd like to have a tattoo of.

I remeber you showing me a design you'd drawn.  Sort of a celtic cross type thing.

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/06 at 8:37 am

I remeber you showing me a design you'd drawn.  Sort of a celtic cross type thing.

Kind of.. very paganistic.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/20/06 at 12:47 pm

Hahahaa! I came in here to say you said that, but looks like you already did.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/20/06 at 2:23 pm

I have never been tattooed. I did get my ears pierced when I was 10, but I think I was too young to really take care of them right and once the studs came out, they began to close and have been closed since. I sometimes get these weird like nodules in my ear ever since they closed. My mom says it was scar tissue - I'm not sure  :-\\

Written By: chaka on 07/20/06 at 2:47 pm

I've got my ears pierced and I would like to have a my nose pierced but I can't decide if I should have it on the left or right side - does it really matter?
Plus I'd love to have the Alice In Chains logo tattoed,like this chick, just maybe a bit smaller on my shoulder maybe:
http://pics-11.hi5.com/userpics/411/203/203340411.img.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/21/06 at 10:58 am

I've got my ears pierced and I would like to have a my nose pierced but I can't decide if I should have it on the left or right side - does it really matter?
Plus I'd love to have the Alice In Chains logo tattoed,like this chick, just maybe a bit smaller on my shoulder maybe:
http://pics-11.hi5.com/userpics/411/203/203340411.img.jpg

Left nostril... Yup.

Written By: chaka on 07/21/06 at 4:10 pm

Left nostril... Yup.

Thank you,you obviously know what you're talking about;from your own experience I guess? :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/21/06 at 5:57 pm

Thank you,you obviously know what you're talking about;from your own experience I guess? :D

Yup, I've got 20 nose piercings... Ok, so they were done in the same spot everytime it closed up, but take it from me... :P

Written By: chaka on 07/22/06 at 3:26 am

Yup, I've got 20 nose piercings... Ok, so they were done in the same spot everytime it closed up, but take it from me... :P

I sure will.

Check for new replies or respond here...