inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who's your celebrity lookalike?

Written By: YWN on 01/09/06 at 2:26 pm

I got this from another forum...

http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php?s=1&u=g0&lang=EN&restore

Alright...this is one crappy face recognition system.  It gave me a 45% match with Condaleeza Rice...seriously.  It seems to be based on the direction your face is pointing.

http://70.85.52.194/Faces/Thumbnails/16/13/T4725_96_128.JPG

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/YWN/eyeroll.jpg

Uh...yeah...

Subject: Re: Who's your celebrity lookalike?

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 2:28 pm

I got this from another forum...

http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php?s=1&u=g0&lang=EN&restore

Alright...this is one crappy face recognition system.  It gave me a 45% match with Condaleeza Rice...seriously.  It seems to be based on the direction your face is pointing.

Uh...yeah...

right; when I saw your picture hugh is the first one I thought of...with just a drop of Condoleeza..
too much! 
I gotta go home and try it!

Written By: Step-chan on 01/09/06 at 2:33 pm

I have no way of doing this myself, I have been compared to Kurt Cobain once, Ozzy Osbourne a couple times and Austin Powers(UGH!), which was Mike Myers role.

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 2:37 pm

OK, I did it.
I got 70% Catherine Deneuve (what!)
and Naomi Watts....all facing the same direction I was.  Duh.
Then 61% Jean Seaberg, and that's someone people compare me to all the time...
and sh'es also doing the same pose.

it's dumb, but it will inflate your ego if you're feeling down.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/09/06 at 3:14 pm

I got for face recognition.....

Grace Hopper
Henry Fonda
Johnny Weismuller
Edward Norton
Anne Frank
Brad Pitt
Glenn Miller
Cristiano Ronaldo
Gerald Ford

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 3:15 pm

I got for face recognition.....

I always get Brad Pitt and Anne Frank confused.
You never see them in the same room together!
;D

Written By: Howard on 01/09/06 at 4:05 pm

I have to sign up and become a member! ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/06 at 4:38 pm

hahaha...ok, here's my list:

Sofia Coppola
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Marion Jones
Jeff Goldblum
Gary Oldman
Bob Dylan
Nana Mouskouri
Barbara Stanwyck
Angelina Jolie
Meryl Streep
Patricia Arquette

and Vaughn's picture got:

Renee Zellweger
Ella Fitzgerald
Doris Day
Hilary Duff
Drew Barrymore
Romy Schneider
Billie Holiday
Katie Holmes
Gwyneth Paltrow

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 5:26 pm

Vladimir Lenin(founder of the USSR): 49%

Klaus Kinski(no idea): 49%

Michael Richards(Kramer): 46%

Tom Stoppard(dunno): 45%

Preity Zinta(a model?): 45%

Jacques Rogge(dunno): 45%

Clark Gable: 40%

O'Henry: 40%

Interesting..

Written By: Morton on 01/09/06 at 5:32 pm

LMFAO!!!  ;D

Sean Penn
Liam Neeson
Collin Farrell
Mel Gibson
Joe Strummer

In my dreams!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 7:21 pm

LMFAO!!!  ;D

Sean Penn
Liam Neeson
Collin Farrell
Mel Gibson
Joe Strummer

In my dreams!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote

This thing isn't as inaccurate as you would think. Remember, facial scans only take bone structure into account, not other features that we do just looking at someone with the naked eye such as hair color, eyes, complexion etc. At first I thought to myself "V.I. Lenin is bald, thinner than me, different eye color etc." but then I remembed seeing a special on facial scanning technology awhile back and I remembered that it only scans the bone structure in your face, not other features that make up how a person looks.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/09/06 at 11:01 pm

Double You Tee Eff? Halle Berry and Shannon Doherty..?!
Yeah, Ooookay.. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/06 at 11:02 pm

Double You Tee Eff? Halle Berry and Shannon Doherty..?!
Yeah, Ooookay.. ::)

shannon...kinda....hallie, no way...............but hey, don't complain, at least you didn't get told that you resemble Bob Dylan! :o :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 11:14 pm

"This thing isn't as inaccurate as you would think. Remember, facial scans only take bone structure into account, not other features that we do just looking at someone with the naked eye such as hair color, eyes, complexion etc. At first I thought to myself "V.I. Lenin is bald, thinner than me, different eye color etc." but then I remembed seeing a special on facial scanning technology awhile back and I remembered that it only scans the bone structure in your face, not other features that make up how a person looks."

Ahem.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/09/06 at 11:14 pm

some weird people I never heard of

I also got:
Dean Martin
Nicholas Cage (Who my dad kinda looks like)
and Daniel Radcliffe (I've been told this, but disagree)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/09/06 at 11:21 pm

some weird people I never heard of

I also got:
Dean Martin
Nicholas Cage (Who my dad kinda looks like)
and Daniel Radcliffe (I've been told this, but disagree)

Dean Martin ...rules

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 11:30 pm

One reason why I think this may be more accurate than you guys are giving it credit for is because I have been mistaken for being South Asian more than once, and Preity Zinta(one of my matches) is South Asian. I've also mistaken for Italian, Arab, and Mexican, but I am actually Anglo/Celtic for the most part. But look at Catherine Zeta-Jones she looks Spanish but shes 100% Welsh.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/10/06 at 1:35 am

One reason why I think this may be more accurate than you guys are giving it credit for is because I have been mistaken for being South Asian more than once, and Preity Zinta(one of my matches) is South Asian. I've also mistaken for Italian, Arab, and Mexican, but I am actually Anglo/Celtic for the most part. But look at Catherine Zeta-Jones she looks Spanish but shes 100% Welsh.

Actually, the Irish once lived in Spain.

I am also Anglo/Celtic, at least 40% or so English, 25% Irish, and some other stuff (mostly Celtic). 

Written By: Morton on 01/10/06 at 10:06 am

This thing isn't as inaccurate as you would think. Remember, facial scans only take bone structure into account, not other features that we do just looking at someone with the naked eye such as hair color, eyes, complexion etc. At first I thought to myself "V.I. Lenin is bald, thinner than me, different eye color etc." but then I remembed seeing a special on facial scanning technology awhile back and I remembered that it only scans the bone structure in your face, not other features that make up how a person looks.

I see... but if this was the case... wouldn't every girl in a 5-mile radius be gathered at my door?!  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/10/06 at 11:14 am

I see... but if this was the case... wouldn't every girl in a 5-mile radius be gathered at my door?!  ;D

Not necessarily. You may just have a few similarities in bone structure, but not really the same characteristics that make those guys attractice. And if you will exam that pic of you and that other guy you posted(Hugh grant?) there actually are some similarities, you have a similar shaped face for one thing(more oval than round), the nose too..

Besides, some people think I look like my dad in certain ways. And my dad is considered to be a pretty attractive guy but I've never had any luck with women at all. Infact most other guys in my family are the opposite of me when it comes to dating and the like. I'm kinda the black sheep of my family in that area..

Written By: YWN on 01/10/06 at 11:21 am

It is still strongly based on the direction your face is pointing...  Most of the results I got for that picture of me were of other people rolling their eyes or looking up. 

Written By: Morton on 01/10/06 at 11:22 am

Not necessarily. You may just have a few similarities in bone structure, but not really the same characteristics that make those guys attractice. And if you will exam that pic of you and that other guy you posted(Hugh grant?) there actually are some similarities, you have a similar shaped face for one thing(more oval than round), the nose too..

Besides, some people think I look like my dad in certain ways. And my dad is considered to be a pretty attractive guy but I've never had any luck with women at all. Infact most other guys in my family are the opposite of me when it comes to dating and the like. I'm kinda the black sheep of my family in that area..

Fair play. I've been reasonably successful, and after a closer inspection, it would seem as though there are a few (extremely) minor similarities between myself and Mr Grant.
Never mind, who am I to argue with the scientifics of face structure?  :D

It is still strongly based on the direction your face is pointing...  Most of the results I got for that picture of me were of other people rolling their eyes or looking up. 

I also agree with that, although I did try to take a face-on picture

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/10/06 at 11:26 am

Fair play. I've been reasonably successful, and after a closer inspection, it would seem as though there are a few (extremely) minor similarities between myself and Mr Grant.
Never mind, who am I to argue with the scientifics of face structure?  :D

I also agree with that, although I did try to take a face-on picture

Oops. Sorry man. I confused you with Sheth, lol. I was referring to him about the Hugh grant thing..

Written By: Morton on 01/10/06 at 11:27 am

Oops. Sorry man. I confused you with Sheth, lol. I was referring to him about the Hugh grant thing..

Quite alright. Hugh was one of my matches, so it makes no difference  :)

Written By: karen on 01/10/06 at 11:31 am

I matched with John Travolta, Kim Basinger, Andy Warhol and Bob Dylan.  Plus some others who I've never heard of but they happened to be wearing glasses like I was

Written By: karen on 01/10/06 at 11:34 am

I just put a picture of Alan Sugar in to see who he matched and it came up with Clark Gable, Leo Tolstoy, Kevin Spacey, Rudy Giuliani, Robert Redford and Max Weber

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/10/06 at 4:27 pm

Rachel Hunter, Darryl Hannah - All relayed to me as pick up lines.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/06 at 4:36 pm

Could someone help me to see who my celebrity lookalike is? ???

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/10/06 at 4:39 pm

Could someone help me to see who my celebrity lookalike is? ???

Oh definately Tom Cruise

Written By: Howard on 01/10/06 at 5:04 pm

Oh definately Tom Cruise

Does Robin look like Katie Holmes? ;D

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/10/06 at 5:13 pm

Does Robin look like Katie Holmes? ;D

Fur Sher! ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:27 pm

Fur Sher! ;D

http://www.allstarz.org/katieholmes/015.jpg

Wow,You may be right.Robin had longer hair a few years ago from a picture she had emailed me in 2002. :o

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 4:31 pm

;D Reminds of this bit they have on The Soup on E!; they have a clip of Katie Holmes saying "sure!" in this really chirpy little voice.

"Katie, is Tom gay?

Katie: Sure!"  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:33 pm

;D Reminds of this bit they have on The Soup on E!; they have a clip of Katie Holmes saying "sure!" in this really chirpy little voice.

"Katie, is Tom gay?

Katie: Sure!"  ;D ;D

But I'm not gay. ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 4:35 pm

But I'm not gay. ;D

I wasn't talking about you ya goofball.  ;D

I was talking about the real Mr. Thomas "YER GLIIIIIB, MATT!" Malport.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:36 pm

I wasn't talking about you ya goofball.  ;D

I was talking about the real Mr. Thomas "YER GLIIIIIB, MATT!" Malport.  ::)

Ok,I'm sorry,My bad.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 4:40 pm

Ok,I'm sorry,My bad.

You're cool, Howard. Don't change. You don't have alot of the pretentious crap so many of us(often unintentionally) get saddled with.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/06 at 4:43 pm

You're cool, Howard. Don't change. You don't have alot of the pretentious crap so many of us(often unintentionally) get saddled with.

Thanks I'm glad. ;D

Written By: KKay on 01/11/06 at 6:56 pm

Howard, I'm going to try and do something with your picture tomorrow...I was trapped in a van in the city all day and I never got to the computer.
I am looking forward to the results.
karen

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/11/06 at 9:24 pm

I always get Brad Pitt and Anne Frank confused.
You never see them in the same room together!
;D

;D

Written By: KKay on 01/11/06 at 9:27 pm

;D

hey..it's a real compliment if you can make a canadian weirdo laugh! :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/02/06 at 8:57 pm

I'm happy looking like myself really, but when I lived in Hampstead Village in London I twice got mistaken for
Charlene Spiteri from TEXAS.   :-[ :-[

If I could choose to look like anyone else I'd opt for TALISA SOTO  one of the x Bond girls, she's quite oriental looking and really pretty imo..and I'm probably the nearest colouring too.

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/06 at 8:59 pm

I'm happy looking like myself really, but when I lived in Hampstead Village in London I twice got mistaken for
Charlene Spiteri from TEXAS.   :-[ :-[

That is not a bad thing.  Sharleen Spiteri is hot :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 3:37 am

1. Morten Harket   (I wish)
2.70sto80sGUY (even better! ..look! right profile -> :) <- left profile ....SO handsome  ;D :D ;D

8)

I saw MORTEN HARKET and the band recently on television here in the UK as they publicised their comeback album, and must say he really is aging well, he looks very healthy and fit and is a real cutie - mind you he  always was  ;)

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/03/06 at 3:47 am

2.70sto80sGUY (even better! ..look! right profile -> :) <- left profile ....SO handsome  ;D :D ;D

Very nice except there appears to have been some severe yellowing of the skin  ;)  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 9:57 am

It's nice to hear they're still about, & I hope they make some kind of an impact again, though I suspect a lot of what they got was from teeny-boppers of the time, & unfortunately for them, no matter how young Morten might still look, I suspect their time has passed too. The fickle public ............

:(

Edited

Hi Al, yeah they're getting lots and lots of airplay in the UK - Analogue was quite a cool comeback single actually and they seem to have fitted back into the scene really well.      'Cry Wolf Wahoooooo..'    ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...