inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Humorous Happening..

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/10/06 at 11:41 pm

Share with us a funny happening of the day. I don't think there's another thread for this-- I'm too much of a lazy crapsack to check, sorry..!

One of my co-workers and I are having a week-long contest to see how many artists we can name just by the intros of songs that randomly play on the computer. (Yes, we're extremely bored)

So, anyway, Anberlin starts playing and he starts jumping around screaming "Oh My Gosh, ANBERLIN! It's ANBERLIN! THAT'S ANOTHER POINT FOR ME!! HA-HA! I..RULE..!!!*Points at me and laughs some more*

In the midst of the bragging, he runs into a toy display case, falls on the floor.. is about to get up when a Kiss action figure falls from the top shelf, and the corner of the cardboard like.. stabs him right in the eye. He couldn't see clearly for the rest of the night.

Owned.

Subject: Re: A Humorous Happening..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/06 at 11:44 pm

LOLOLOL @ ^!!

Well....Vaughn has been saying quotes from movies lately...and he just blurts out with them out of nowhere. So...today, he says to me...."Sitting on babies....how gross!"

I was like, "what??"  and then I realized that he got it from "Cat in the Hat"....the cat says it about the kids babysitter. LOL!  I was laughing so hard...and the harder I laughed...the harder he laughed. ;D :D

Written By: ADH13 on 01/10/06 at 11:56 pm

Well, i don't know if anyone else find me being an airhead funny... but this happened the other day, actually...

I was looking in my PM box and then I flipped to another window to fix something on my media player, which took me a few minutes.  Then when I came back to the Inthe00's window, I guess I had forgotten where I was on the board... because i was reading where someone had quoted me, I thought i was reading a thread... I was like "OMFG I posted that!??!?!  What the F was I thinking?"  I felt like such an idiot when I realized I was in my inbox. :-[

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/06 at 11:58 pm

Well, i don't know if anyone else find me being an airhead funny... but this happened the other day, actually...

I was looking in my PM box and then I flipped to another window to fix something on my media player, which took me a few minutes.   Then when I came back to the Inthe00's window, I guess I had forgotten where I was on the board... because i was reading where someone had quoted me, I thought i was reading a thread... I was like "OMFG I posted that!??!?!  What the F was I thinking?"  I felt like such an idiot when I realized I was in my inbox. :-[

OMG...I do that kinda stuff all the time! ;D ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/11/06 at 1:03 am

Share with us a funny happening of the day. I don't think there's another thread for this-- I'm too much of a lazy crapsack to check, sorry..!

One of my co-workers and I are having a week-long contest to see how many artists we can name just by the intros of songs that randomly play on the computer. (Yes, we're extremely bored)

So, anyway, Anberlin starts playing and he starts jumping around screaming "Oh My Gosh, ANBERLIN! It's ANBERLIN! THAT'S ANOTHER POINT FOR ME!! HA-HA! I..RULE..!!!*Points at me and laughs some more*

In the midst of the bragging, he runs into a toy display case, falls on the floor.. is about to get up when a Kiss action figure falls from the top shelf, and the corner of the cardboard like.. stabs him right in the eye. He couldn't see clearly for the rest of the night.

Owned.
That was awesome!!!  KISS does not tolerate victory dances, taunting, or other insolent behavior.
mine is not as good as all these, but it did cause me to laugh at another persons plight. Looking out my living room window last weekend I saw a man maybe 60 years old walking this little dog, white & black, some sort of whippet crossed with a Chihuahua or something and he takes off the leash because the mutt obviously is under control and obedient to master and he is pointing his finger in the dogs face, talking to it, giving it commands and the dog yaps at him and bolts. He stands up and commands the dog to return, and also is blowing a dog whistle, the dog stops for a second, he jogs towards it, gets close, starts shaking his finger again and the crazy little bugger takes off again with this guy chasing him down the street, I am laughing by myself as I watch him dissapear around the bend, He finally returns with dog in arms, and again the pointing finger and scolding. the dog was carried home. "walking the dog, walking the dog"

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 1:07 am

Beth, that guy you work with's name doesn't happen to be Larry, Moe, or Curly does it?  ;D ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/11/06 at 9:18 am

That was awesome!!!  KISS does not tolerate victory dances, taunting, or other insolent behavior.
mine is not as good as all these, but it did cause me to laugh at another persons plight. Looking out my living room window last weekend I saw a man maybe 60 years old walking this little dog, white & black, some sort of whippet crossed with a Chihuahua or something and he takes off the leash because the mutt obviously is under control and obedient to master and he is pointing his finger in the dogs face, talking to it, giving it commands and the dog yaps at him and bolts. He stands up and commands the dog to return, and also is blowing a dog whistle, the dog stops for a second, he jogs towards it, gets close, starts shaking his finger again and the crazy little bugger takes off again with this guy chasing him down the street, I am laughing by myself as I watch him dissapear around the bend, He finally returns with dog in arms, and again the pointing finger and scolding. the dog was carried home. "walking the dog, walking the dog"

;D And the best part about this story, is not just because this was happening. The best part is that it was happening to an old man. Crazy stories are always better when you throw an old guy into the picture.

Er.. not that 60's old, or anything. I.. Maybe I should just stop right here  :)

Beth, that guy you work with's name doesn't happen to be Larry, Moe, or Curly does it?  ;D ;D

;D ;D No, He just drinks WAY too much coffee when we work. It's hilarious.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/11/06 at 10:38 am

;D And the best part about this story, is not just because this was happening. The best part is that it was happening to an old man. Crazy stories are always better when you throw an old guy into the picture.

Er.. not that 60's old, or anything. I.. Maybe I should just stop right here  :)

;D ;D No, He just drinks WAY too much coffee when we work. It's hilarious.
That was quite sensitive of you about the 60 year olds not being that old. I think it's safe to call it old and not be insulting to anyone, until I turn 60, then be extra sensitive.
It was hilarious and I felt this Grinch like evil attitude inside me that took delight in watching that old guy being owned by his little doggie. He probably beat the mess outta the poor dog when he got home because he didn't look happy. Pay for more obedience lessons fool.

Written By: Morton on 01/11/06 at 10:41 am

During my driving lesson today, I didn't stall once. So me and Jim (The instructor extraodinaire) were just finishing up with some emerging and roundabouts etc, and Jim says "You've done well today. I'm pleased with the progress you've been making." Just as we were coming up to a junction, he says "...and i'm glad you haven't bloody stalled!" so we both start laughing, but as i'm turning the corner, I put the car into the wrong gear... and stalled. You couldn't have timed it better if you'd tried  :P

Written By: ADH13 on 01/11/06 at 11:48 am

During my driving lesson today, I didn't stall once. So me and Jim (The instructor extraodinaire) were just finishing up with some emerging and roundabouts etc, and Jim says "You've done well today. I'm pleased with the progress you've been making." Just as we were coming up to a junction, he says "...and i'm glad you haven't bloody stalled!" so we both start laughing, but as i'm turning the corner, I put the car into the wrong gear... and stalled. You couldn't have timed it better if you'd tried  :P

I've been driving for close to 20 years, and I still stall once in awhile when I drive my husband's 5 speed truck... so don't feel bad. :)

Written By: Climber on 01/11/06 at 12:15 pm

That was quite sensitive of you about the 60 year olds not being that old. I think it's safe to call it old and not be insulting to anyone, until I turn 60, then be extra sensitive.
It was hilarious and I felt this Grinch like evil attitude inside me that took delight in watching that old guy being owned by his little doggie. He probably beat the mess outta the poor dog when he got home because he didn't look happy. Pay for more obedience lessons fool.

The clincher is, it's probably his wife/significant other's spoiled dog, and he gets stuck walking it. ;) ;D

Written By: Morton on 01/11/06 at 12:26 pm

I've been driving for close to 20 years, and I still stall once in awhile when I drive my husband's 5 speed truck... so don't feel bad. :)

It was more the timing than anything - directly AFTER my instructor was saying how pleased he was I hadn't stalled  ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/11/06 at 3:46 pm

LOL  This reminds me of the time my husband and I went out to San Fransisco.  For those of you who aren't familiar, San Francisco has extremely steep streets(see picture).  So we get to a stop sign at the very top of one of these streets and my husband looks at me(smugly, but jokingly) and says, "Let me show you how to drive in San Francisco."  He puts the car in first gear and STALLS!!!! ;D ;D

I added the second picture because it's kind cool.  It was taken level with the sidewalk.  Shows how steep the steets are.

http://ic.ucsb.edu/~praxis/media/TahoeTrip2001/Day10/part1/319%20-%20Lombard%20is%20a%20steep%20road.JPG

http://wandel.ca/homepage/san_francisco.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/11/06 at 4:04 pm

Bill Cosby has an act about San Fran, he says they put a sign on it, and by the time you can figure out what it says, you've already hit the bottom. Says they should put signs saying "You've just hit a dip"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/06 at 4:05 pm

LOL  This reminds me of the time my husband and I went out to San Fransisco.  For those of you who aren't familiar, San Francisco has extremely steep streets(see picture).  So we get to a stop sign at the very top of one of these streets and my husband looks at me(smugly, but jokingly) and says, "Let me show you how to drive in San Francisco."  He puts the car in first gear and STALLS!!!! ;D ;D

I added the second picture because it's kind cool.  It was taken level with the sidewalk.  Shows how steep the steets are.

http://ic.ucsb.edu/~praxis/media/TahoeTrip2001/Day10/part1/319%20-%20Lombard%20is%20a%20steep%20road.JPG

http://wandel.ca/homepage/san_francisco.jpg

That bottom pic looks like the houses were set up and knocked down like dominoes.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: jackas on 01/11/06 at 6:47 pm

That bottom pic looks like the houses were set up and knocked down like dominoes.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Really!  When I first saw it, I thought that it was taken after an earthquake. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 6:58 pm

Today we were in the car going to pick up Chris from work and Vaughn and I were listening to the Ramones....so, after we picked up Chris...he and I were talking..and all of a sudden we heard Vaughn singing away...Chris goes, "He's singing I Wanna Be Sedated!!!" :o ;D  But it sounded more like...baa baa baa baa baa baa...I wanna be semated" LOL!! ;D That's my boy! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/11/06 at 8:30 pm

Today we were in the car going to pick up Chris from work and Vaughn and I were listening to the Ramones....so, after we picked up Chris...he and I were talking..and all of a sudden we heard Vaughn singing away...Chris goes, "He's singing I Wanna Be Sedated!!!" :o ;D  But it sounded more like...baa baa baa baa baa baa...I wanna be semated" LOL!! ;D That's my boy! ;)

First he's swearing, now he's getting drug urges... what next?!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 8:32 pm

First he's swearing, now he's getting drug urges... what next?!

hahahah..who knows? you never can tell with him! :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/06 at 3:02 am

The clincher is, it's probably his wife/significant other's spoiled dog, and he gets stuck walking it. ;) ;D
possibly, drove by his house on way home from work and the dude's washing his car in the dark? perhaps washing dog blood off    :o

Written By: mrgazpacho on 01/14/06 at 5:36 am

Bill Cosby has an act about San Fran, he says they put a sign on it, and by the time you can figure out what it says, you've already hit the bottom. Says they should put signs saying "You've just hit a dip"

You've confused two different Cosby skits... the SF one is about putting a STOP sign at the top of a hill; you know you can't put a little car into gear before rolling back into the Bay... so you get to the Pearly Gates and Saint Peter asks "How did you get here?" You gotta answer "Me and a Volkswagen rolled backwards into the Bay..." "... You go to Hell!" ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...