inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whale in the Thames!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/06 at 7:42 am

Have any of you over in Blighty gotten to see it.  I am assuming you did Philip

Subject: Re: Whale in the Thames!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/06 at 8:08 am

Have any of you over in Blighty gotten to see it.  I am assuming you did Philip
Seen on TV, cannot get to be in Chelsea today.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/21/06 at 8:16 am

Paul McCartney ought to write a song about that.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/06 at 10:57 am

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41241000/jpg/_41241518_whalebarg203.jpg

The whale that was stranded in the River Thames has been moved on to a barge and is being taken back to open water.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/21/06 at 11:08 am

Good to hear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/06 at 1:39 pm

Just announced, the whale that became stranded in the River Thames has died after a massive rescue attempt to save its life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/21/06 at 2:09 pm

Just announced, the whale that became stranded in the River Thames has died after a massive rescue attempt to save its life.

How sad.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/06 at 4:00 pm

Too bad, but he was probably very ill anyway.  Whenever a whale or dolphin gets separated from its
pod it usually dies.  It happens with dolphins frequently here on the east coast.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/06 at 4:07 pm

Too bad, but he was probably very ill anyway.  Whenever a whale or dolphin gets separated from its
pod it usually dies.  It happens with dolphins frequently here on the east coast.
Thanks for that additional information that I had not realised, but I was thinking in the lines of stress, having being out the water, being hosed down is not the same as just swimming around.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/21/06 at 4:22 pm

How sad.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/06 at 6:40 am

Thanks for that additional information that I had not realised, but I was thinking in the lines of stress, having being out the water, being hosed down is not the same as just swimming around.

To be honest that sounded a bit odd.  They usually try to push, pull, roll, the animals back into the water when it happens, I have never heard of trying to transport it as far as they were trying, especially with a whale.  It couldn't have helped.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/06 at 6:46 am

To be honest that sounded a bit odd.  They usually try to push, pull, roll, the animals back into the water when it happens, I have never heard of trying to transport it as far as they were trying, especially with a whale.  It couldn't have helped.
Too true.

Check for new replies or respond here...