inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Want to Share Some Music That I Love

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/06 at 3:03 pm

I was a big fan of the show Port Charles before ABC cancelled it.  :\'(  In the show, they had a bunch of music that was part of the story. Some you all probably know, like Time in a Bottle, Tanted Love, and several others. However, there were a bunch of orginal songs that I absolutely love. I found a website that has these songs to download as mp3s.

http://www.portcharlesexplosion.com/music.htm

You have to scroll half way down the page to find the songs "Naked Eyes", "Surrender", "The Gift", and at the bottom of the page is "Give it to Me". Because I love these songs so much and I know you can't hear them on the radio or elsewhere, I want to share them. Please listen to these 4 songs and tell me what you think of them. Thanks.

BTW-"The Gift" is my fav of these 4.

Cat

Subject: Re: I Want to Share Some Music That I Love

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/22/06 at 3:27 pm

I was a big fan of the show Port Charles before ABC cancelled it.  :\'(  In the show, they had a bunch of music that was part of the story. Some you all probably know, like Time in a Bottle, Tanted Love, and several others. However, there were a bunch of orginal songs that I absolutely love. I found a website that has these songs to download as mp3s.

http://www.portcharlesexplosion.com/music.htm

You have to scroll half way down the page to find the songs "Naked Eyes", "Surrender", "The Gift", and at the bottom of the page is "Give it to Me". Because I love these songs so much and I know you can't hear them on the radio or elsewhere, I want to share them. Please listen to these 4 songs and tell me what you think of them. Thanks.

BTW-"The Gift" is my fav of these 4.

Cat

Thanks for putting up that link. :) I wish I could do the same for MY favourite music... (oh well, to some extend I already have)

So far I've only listened to The Gift, on your recommendation. I like it to some extend, not having seen the series and therefore not knowing the context of the song. Nevertheless it's a powerful song in itself.
For some strange reason I would never have thought you liked this kind of music... :-\\ :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/06 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for putting up that link. :) I wish I could do the same for MY favourite music... (oh well, to some extend I already have)

So far I've only listened to The Gift, on your recommendation. I like it to some extend, not having seen the series and therefore not knowing the context of the song. Nevertheless it's a powerful song in itself.
For some strange reason I would never have thought you liked this kind of music... :-\\ :-[

To give you a bit of the snopsis of how the music fit into the show-The "Stephen Clay Experence" was this rock band who played these songs. But yes, there was a twist-"Stephen Clay" AKA Caleb Morley was the local vampire.  ;D So, the storyline went that there were sublimal messages in the music. Personally, I just like the music.  ;D

BTW, I like all kinds of music-if it is good. (And on occasion, I even like bad music.  ;D)

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/06 at 2:36 pm

I am bumping this up in case some people haven't seen it yet before it gets buried so far down and is lost.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/06 at 2:42 pm

Those are soem great songs O0

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/23/06 at 3:04 pm

For some strange reason I would never have thought you liked this kind of music... :-\\ :-Give It To Me best. It has a drive that I find very appealing. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...