inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: strapped vs. strapless dresses

Written By: Australian80sChild on 02/04/06 at 11:07 pm

Just want to hear what other people think about strapped vs. strapless when it comes to weddings and dances after i read another article quoting an anti-strapless view - http://daily.stanford.org/tempo?page=content&id=16152&repository=0001_article

one of my friends said there is nothing wrong with a strapless dress as long as it is fitted properly

Subject: Re: strapped vs. strapless dresses

Written By: ADH13 on 02/04/06 at 11:11 pm

Personally, I wouldn't wear a strapless dress unless I had a jacket or shawl or something to match... I usually think that people wearing strapless dresses are trying too hard to be noticed/looked at... but that's just my opinion...

Written By: Dagwood on 02/04/06 at 11:29 pm

I wouldn't wear a strapless,either.  I have ample cleavage and would be afraid the dress would fall down.  Love straps.

Written By: La Roche on 02/04/06 at 11:33 pm

From a male perspective.. ^ raised the perfect point about why strapless dresses are outstanding.

Written By: jackas on 02/04/06 at 11:42 pm

I've never thought that anything was wrong with strapless dresses.  Are shoulders sexual?  Besides, does it make a difference if you have a strap that's 1/8th of an inch wide on each shoulder (aside from a little support)?

Now, if you have gigantic breasts I'm sure strapless could pose a problem. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 02/04/06 at 11:49 pm

I've never thought that anything was wrong with strapless dresses.  Are shoulders sexual? 

No, but I'm sure any man will tell you there's a difference between a girl walking on the beach in a one piece bathing suit and a girl walking in a bikini... and stomachs aren't sexual either...

Written By: jackas on 02/05/06 at 12:09 am

No, but I'm sure any man will tell you there's a difference between a girl walking on the beach in a one piece bathing suit and a girl walking in a bikini... and stomachs aren't sexual either...

I think the stomach and the waist line can really show off your shape and therefore cause someone to look at you in a sexual way.  Then there are those girls that pierce their belly botton and I've heard guys say that it's sexy.    I don't know....    I've always wondered that about backless dresses.  Some people think that they are really sexy, I've never thought so.

Written By: La Roche on 02/05/06 at 12:10 am

I think the stomach and the waist line can really show off your shape and therefore cause someone to look at you in a sexual way.  Then there are those girls that pierce their belly botton and I've heard guys say that it's sexy.    I don't know....    I've always wondered that about backless dresses.  Some people think that they are really sexy, I've never thought so.

I think those pierced belly buttons are revolting. So garish and tacky. Salutations to all the women reading this who've had theirs pierced by the way.

2 piece swimsuits are sexier, it's just natural. They show off the ass and tits a lot more.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/05/06 at 12:17 am

I guess I'm just a little conservative when it comes to that... I admit I wear tight clothes because I find them more comfortable (i hate baggy clothes) but I won't ever wear something (in public) that shows alot of cleavage, or that shows any part of my bra or underwear... it's just not me...

Written By: jackas on 02/05/06 at 12:26 am

I guess I'm just a little conservative when it comes to that... I admit I wear tight clothes because I find them more comfortable (i hate baggy clothes) but I won't ever wear something (in public) that shows alot of cleavage, or that shows any part of my bra or underwear... it's just not me...

Oh I can understand when it comes to showing cleavage, that's totally different.  I was assuming we were talking about strapless dresses that cover the cleavage.

http://www.chiccreation.com/images/bride6.jpg

Written By: ADH13 on 02/05/06 at 12:32 am

I think those pierced belly buttons are revolting. So garish and tacky.

not as tacky as pants with various sayings written across the butt ::)

Written By: whistledog on 02/05/06 at 2:57 am

I've seen women wearing pants with the saying "What the hell are you looking at" written across the ass ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/06 at 3:06 am

Oh I can understand when it comes to showing cleavage, that's totally different.  I was assuming we were talking about strapless dresses that cover the cleavage.

http://www.chiccreation.com/images/bride6.jpg
nice strapless dress, and the girl is cute, but she's too skinny, her collar bones are protuding and she looks hungry. she needs to eat a triple cheeseburger and side of fries, too slender. and the hair up is nice with that dress. either strap or strapless works

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/06 at 5:11 am

I would not know!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/06 at 7:48 am

I like to see a woman in a good strapless dress, as long as she is not squeezed into it so you see flesh oozing out the sides and under her arms.  That's nasty.

Strapless dress should fit properly, and if you findyourself always tugging at it so that it does not fall off, it simply does not fit right!

Also... ladies... if you are gonna go strapless, don't use those lame-o clear plastic strap thingies.  They are not invisible and blow the whole effect of strapless!  ;)

Written By: jackas on 02/05/06 at 10:17 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/05/06 at 11:49 am

That is soooo dumb.  I hate when chicks wear crap like that.  What ever happened to modesty? ::)  I mean, it's one thing to wear tight pants, but to wear something like that just makes you look so conceited.

[quote author=whis

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/05/06 at 1:08 pm

Oh man, I hate those things so bad. I mean, written words cannot describe my hatred.

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/05/06 at 2:13 pm

So, what the Hell WHERE you looking at, Jason..?!!11 >:-{

The best piece of ass I ever saw in my life ;D

Written By: La Roche on 02/05/06 at 2:27 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/06 at 12:18 am

That is soooo dumb.  I hate when chicks wear crap like that.  What ever happened to modesty? ::)  I mean, it's one thing to wear tight pants, but to wear something like that just makes you look so conceited.

I hate to see nasty thongs hanging out of people's pants...especially the ones with the little jewels/charms on them...very tacky! ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/06/06 at 12:46 am

I hate to see nasty thongs hanging out of people's pants...especially the ones with the little jewels/charms on them...very tacky! ::)
sorry about that, it was the low rise jeans, not my fault, honest.  ;D  ;D 

Written By: La Roche on 02/06/06 at 12:46 am

Arggh! They're revolting.

I saw one the other day, i was in Hardees grabbing some lunch on the go and saw a woman 300Lbs + in low slung jeans with a thong between those 2 buns. Agh! I almost, almost.. couldn't eat my burger  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/06/06 at 4:39 am

Not something I personally would wear but for a formal dance a strapless dress can look nice.  It needs to fit well with no bulges and no danger of it falling down.

One dinner I was at there was a girl sat at my table wearing a strapless dress.  She wore a small shawl or soemthing covering her shoulders until after the meal was finished because her mum told her it was rude to show your shoulders during the meal.  :o  ???

At my husbands graduation ball there was a bouncey castle.  We couldn't work out why there was a big crowd of guys watching it till we had a look.  There were two girls in strapless dresses on the bouncey castle and the guys were taking bets as to which one would fall out first!!

Written By: Howard on 02/06/06 at 4:47 pm

Strapless enough? ;)

http://i.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/style/org/articles/63_strapless_dress.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/06 at 7:37 pm

Strapless enough? ;)

http://i.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/style/org/articles/63_strapless_dress.jpg

IS that a dress or a scarf she is wearing? ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/07/06 at 6:38 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/06 at 12:16 pm

It's your imagination.
Can we take a closer look?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/06 at 12:57 pm

I love wearing low-rise jeans so the top of my thong peeks out.  I'm not talking about the whole thing, but just the top.  I have a pair that has a little heart dangling from it, and it looks cute.........at least the people who've seen it think so.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/28/06 at 1:21 pm

I prefer strapless, as my shoulders are a bit unequal and one strap seems to always slide down. It drives me insane! (I still get paranoid of the "girls" (as Crazymom put so well, lol) popping out)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/06 at 5:04 pm

Can we take a closer look?

Any closer and you'll be IN her dress. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...