inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Valentine Day Plans?

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 02/09/06 at 10:30 am

Just wondering what y'all be doing for the Romantic holiday. I will be heading out of town for the weekend, since I get a 3 dayer. lol We will be staying in Vegas , in a nice cozy room at Ceasars Palace. It has a jacuzzi tub, and the lot.....

Subject: Re: Any Valentine Day Plans?

Written By: Apricot on 02/09/06 at 2:22 pm

Gonna do something with the lady.. not sure what, though.

This weekend is a school dance, so that's gonna happen..

Written By: Howard on 02/09/06 at 2:26 pm

Most Likely go out to dinner,exchange gifts and make some hot romantic love at her house. ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/09/06 at 2:38 pm

Go to a movie(i wonder if the Pink panther will be open yet?). Then probably get something to eat.

Written By: Apricot on 02/09/06 at 2:38 pm

Go to a movie(i wonder if the Pink panther will be open yet?). Then probably get something to eat.

It opens this weekend.

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/09/06 at 2:41 pm

It opens this weekend.

Cool. When we hung out earlier we were talking about it looked pretty funny.

Written By: Southern Image on 02/09/06 at 3:08 pm

Going to go to makeout point- LMAO. I'm soooo kidding. I'll be spending it with my sweetie.  ;)

Written By: KKay on 02/09/06 at 3:37 pm

Early dinner with the huby and then off to a local bar with friends to
watch THE WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW!!!!!!!!!

you all know i loves the dogs.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/09/06 at 4:26 pm

I'd love to somehow work it out so that I could see my boyfriend, but I highly doubt that I can.  :-\\

Written By: thenewwavechick on 02/09/06 at 4:41 pm

Spend it all alone, since my sweetie is not in my area.  :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/09/06 at 4:48 pm

Spend it all alone, since my sweetie is not in my area.  :(

I know how you feel. It's extremely tough.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/09/06 at 6:01 pm

I will also be away from my mate, so I'm gonna miss him (I have a test that night in college, but no work that day) - but he said we'd make it up sometime that week doing something romantic, though - not sure what?  ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 6:05 pm

i was thinking of drinking and sobbing.

Written By: gemini on 02/09/06 at 6:22 pm

Probably go out to dinner with Tony, my daughter and her fiance' and my other daughter and her boyfriend. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/09/06 at 6:26 pm

I need to give out some of these Britney Spears valentines day cards I bought. Who wants one?

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/09/06 at 9:00 pm

I need to give out some of these Britney Spears valentines day cards I bought. Who wants one?

ooh, taking me back to Second grade! I'll take one.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/09/06 at 9:05 pm

Nice romantic movie!!

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/09/06 at 9:06 pm

Nice romantic movie!!

Haha. Well I'm a joker, not a lover.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/06 at 9:53 pm

Not a thing.  I don't have an SO, so the munchkin and I will probably have a normal night.  Unless we get slammed at work like planned then I will just work.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/09/06 at 11:33 pm

ooh, taking me back to Second grade! I'll take one.
It is 3rd grade, I'll have you know.  seriously i bought a box a couple years ago and gave some to friends at work, it's sorta lame, but the cards are cute. I'll have to break them out and give some with boxes of the valentine hearts. 

Written By: Howard on 02/10/06 at 3:47 pm

Going back to her house after Bowling,watch a movie and getting me some nooks and crannies,I hope. ;D  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/10/06 at 8:37 pm

I am not really sure...maybe dinner and a movie...if we can find someone to watch Vaughn.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/11/06 at 1:28 am

There's a place in Danville, Ca. called Mad About Berries and they enrobe huge strawberries in chocolate, they're awesome. The past 2 years I've gotten a couple for my wife and the cute thing is, I can't just get them for her. My daughter will feel totally left out if she doesn't get any. The store does raspberries, blueberries, they'll even take your own bottle of champagne or wine and coat it in edible chocolate to eat as you sip. The strawberries are their specialty so that's what I get them. We usually go out to dinner with our fellow vacationers for dinner that night, yet another event thats becoming tradition.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/11/06 at 1:35 am

:\'(  Dont know if you were serious...but..thats my plan as well.. I will get a card from my Daughter and Thats about it....My marriage is over

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 7:48 am

:\'(   Dont know if you were serious...but..thats my plan as well.. I will get a card from my Daughter and Thats about it....My marriage is over
pretty much. my last ex just emailed me over the weekend to invite me to her housewarming party with her boyfriend. they got back together because she used me to make him jealous! >:(

needless to say i ignored her. gah!

Written By: Apricot on 02/11/06 at 11:49 am

Going back to her house after Bowling,watch a movie and getting me some nooks and crannies,I hope. ;D  ;)

HALLEUJAH! A brotha's 'bout to have some sex...

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/06 at 1:29 pm

pretty much. my last ex just emailed me over the weekend to invite me to her housewarming party with her boyfriend. they got back together because she used me to make him jealous! >:(

How tacky is that.  Sounds like you are better off without her.

Written By: La Roche on 02/11/06 at 1:46 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 4:23 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.

at least i'll have some death metal to console myself with.

Written By: La Roche on 02/11/06 at 4:26 pm

at least i'll have some death metal to console myself with.

What do you think I was buying on E-Bay today.

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 4:28 pm

How tacky is that.  Sounds like you are better off without her.
PRETTY.

MUCH.

sometimes single looks pretty good, y'know?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/06 at 4:46 pm

oooh yeah, been there done that way too many times.  Now I have someone to buy me the obligatory flowers and
candy I think about those days. I'd rather see that stuff on the other 364 days when it is from the heart.  Oh yeah,
in those old days to make myself feel better I would send an anonymous valentine to someone I secretly liked. 

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 4:51 pm

in those old days to make myself feel better I would send an anonymous valentine to someone I secretly liked. 

hey! i should do that!

hmm, let me think...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/11/06 at 4:59 pm

If you guys did somehow remain close friends that'd be nice of you, but if not, wtf is she smokin? 

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 5:07 pm

should that be like less than half of you twice as well as you deserve? i could be wrong.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/11/06 at 5:11 pm

should that be like less than half of you twice as well as you deserve? i could be wrong.

giving more credit than is deserved?  it's confusin

Written By: Tia on 02/11/06 at 5:12 pm

giving more credit than is deserved?  it's confusin

that's why it's funny! it's got this whole who's-on-first thing going. i'm having fun trying to parse it.

then again, not much ambiguous about "i'm too young to die."

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/11/06 at 5:18 pm

that's why it's funny! it's got this whole who's-on-first thing going. i'm having fun trying to parse it.

then again, not much ambiguous about "i'm too young to die."
I'm partial to the line by Chief Dan George in the Little Big Man  "today is a good day to die"

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 3:54 am

I'm partial to the line by Chief Dan George in the Little Big Man  "today is a good day to die"
8)  EXACTLY!!...that is one of my Favorites movies!....I was just saying that I needed to buy that movie earlier today..wierd.. ::)

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 3:59 am

8)  good for you..my husband is trying to be nice since I found out he has been cheating...I aint falling for it...Ill have a drink for you and you one for me on the 14th!....

Written By: Tia on 02/12/06 at 12:46 pm

8)  good for you..my husband is trying to be nice since I found out he has been cheating...I aint falling for it...Ill have a drink for you and you one for me on the 14th!....
that sucks in the worst way, i'm so sorry!

i'll totally drink one with your name on it. cheers!

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 10:08 pm

that sucks in the worst way, i'm so sorry!

i'll totally drink one with your name on it. cheers!
  :D  I will prob have more than one.....I will toast to you and me...My kids will be gone and so will my cheating husband so I will prob be on here...talking to you guys!

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/06 at 10:18 pm

Well, I don't have a GF, so it'll probably just be "another day" for me. I've got class in the morning and might work at night. Other than that, if I'm home, chances are I'll be online (I always am anyway). ;D

A few years ago, I used to get -- I don't wanna say "depressed", but maybe "disappointed" on Valentine's Day if I didn't really have anything to do. Especially when everyone I knew had a GF/BF they were gonna be with. But I've gotten used to it now, so it's cool. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/06 at 10:21 pm

Well, I don't have a GF, so it'll probably just be "another day" for me. I've got class in the morning and might work at night. Other than that, if I'm home, chances are I'll be online (I always am anyway). ;D

A few years ago, I used to get -- I don't wanna say "depressed", but maybe "disappointed" on Valentine's Day if I didn't really have anything to do. Especially when everyone I knew had a GF/BF they were gonna be with. But I've gotten used to it now, so it's cool. ;)

aww...you are such a cool guy...you will find somebody rockin' someday!! ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/06 at 10:22 pm

Geez, tough news - hope things work out for you from here. :)

Is this something you can forgive him for in time, if you don't mind my asking?

Written By: Tia on 02/12/06 at 10:22 pm

:D  I will prob have more than one.....I will toast to you and me...My kids will be gone and so will my cheating husband so I will prob be on here...talking to you guys!
http://www.junknugget.com/forum/images/smiles/pint.gif

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/06 at 10:26 pm

aww...you are such a cool guy...you will find somebody rockin' someday!! ;)

Thanks Erin, you're sweet. :)

When I was 15 or 16, I used to commonly say "There's 10 year olds who have had more dating experience than me. Isn't that sad," so I think that's where that used to come from. But, I've gotten more used to it now, LOL. I realize more and more that not only is everyone different, but we also progress differently.

P.S. For the record, I've only had two, maybe three honest to God "girlfriends" before (I'm of course not counting dates, and female friends), and incidentally NONE were on a Valentine's Day. So I've always been "alone" that day. ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/12/06 at 10:30 pm

When I was 15 or 16, I used to commonly say "There's 10 year olds who have had more dating experience than me.

i was a total latin lover before the age of 10. i had five girlfriends at one time once! of course, we just played doctor and watched t.v. and stuff, but still.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/06 at 10:31 pm

Thanks Erin, you're sweet. :)

When I was 15 or 16, I used to commonly say "There's 10 year olds who have had more dating experience than me. Isn't that sad," so I think that's where that used to come from. But, I've gotten more used to it now, LOL. I realize more and more that not only is everyone different, but we also progress differently.

P.S. For the record, I've only had two, maybe three honest to God "girlfriends" before (I'm of course not counting dates, and female friends), and incidentally NONE were on a Valentine's Day. So I've always been "alone" that day. ;D

don't feel bad...I didn't have a real boyfriend until I was in my 20's. :o

Written By: Tia on 02/12/06 at 10:34 pm

http://www.junknugget.com/forum/images/smiles/mehkitty.jpg

relationships can be so awful anyway, if you're with the wrong person. i see so many awful couples who are torturing each other that i'd definitely rather be single than be lassoed with some lemon because i felt like i had to be in some kinda hurry. being single has some decided advantages.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 10:35 pm

Geez, tough news - hope things work out for you from here. :)

Is this something you can forgive him for in time, if you don't mind my asking?
I have searched my heart for forgiveness...but after someone has cheated MANY times....I dont think I can..the boys are grown and mydaughter is 10 so she will understand....I am moving back in with mom and dad in a month or so...Its over, Sadley, but I cannot put up with other women.. >:(

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 10:41 pm

relationships can be so awful anyway, if you're with the wrong person. i see so many awful couples who are torturing each other that i'd definitely rather be single than be lassoed with some lemon because i felt like i had to be in some kinda hurry. being single has some decided advantages.
:( yes I can see where advantages come in..but..I am one of those chicks who really likes and needs to be with a man....its not a self confidence thing or whatever..I just enjoy the company...I dont Want to be alone!

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/12/06 at 10:44 pm

:( yes I can see where advantages come in..but..I am one of those chicks who really likes and needs to be with a man....its not a self confidence thing or whatever..I just enjoy the company...I dont Want to be alone!

Welcome (back) to the world of being single. Now you get to be miserable like the rest of us.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/06 at 10:45 pm

I have searched my heart for forgiveness...but after someone has cheated MANY times....I dont think I can..the boys are grown and mydaughter is 10 so she will understand....I am moving back in with mom and dad in a month or so...Its over, Sadley, but I cannot put up with other women.. >:(

Oh I understand now. It's probably for the better if that's the case - it wasn't like a "one time" thing where he messed up and said he wouldn't do it again. He probably didn't value the marriage that much if he did it tons of times.

I feel like Jerry Springer right now, LOL! But seriously, I hope things improve for you from here. Better to get rid of a guy like that now rather than later.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/12/06 at 10:49 pm

Definitely. I've seen alot of people who stay with someone they're not happy with just because of a fear of living/being alone. I kinda do understand this though.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 11:36 pm

Welcome (back) to the world of being single. Now you get to be miserable like the rest of us.  ;D
I have been miserable for a LLOONNGG time :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/13/06 at 12:53 am

8)  EXACTLY!!...that is one of my Favorites movies!....I was just saying that I needed to buy that movie earlier today..wierd.. ::)
I have an old VHS copy that I am pretty fond of. Dustin Hoffman is quite funny in it.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/06 at 7:18 pm

I saved Valentine's Day dinner for next week cause of the big snowstorm.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/13/06 at 7:23 pm

When is Valentine's Day?

Written By: Apricot on 02/13/06 at 7:27 pm

The specific day is tomorrow, Tuesday, The 14th. The real celebration weekend just passed, though.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/06 at 7:44 pm

When is Valentine's Day?

Tomorrow

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/13/06 at 10:34 pm

I have an old VHS copy that I am pretty fond of. Dustin Hoffman is quite funny in it.

8) yea..thier are several very funny parts!..one of my faves is when Dustin sees his wife from..I dont remember where..but ALL thier stuff gets taken the he sees her later married to the Indian guy and shes mean as hell...That was SOO funny!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/13/06 at 11:07 pm

8) yea..thier are several very funny parts!..one of my faves is when Dustin sees his wife from..I dont remember where..but ALL thier stuff gets taken the he sees her later married to the Indian guy and shes mean as hell...That was SOO funny!
YES,  "Olga" married to the indian that hates him I think his name was "Younger Bear" 

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/13/06 at 11:14 pm

8) That was SOO funny!!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/14/06 at 3:23 am

The specific day is tomorrow, Tuesday, The 14th. The real celebration weekend just passed, though.

I think it can go for either weekend when it's in the middle of the week. I gave up last weekend because I was sick as a dog. So, maybe this upcoming weekend we can do a little celebration.

Written By: Paul on 02/14/06 at 6:44 am

I shall be busy later, wading through the normal three articulated truckloads of cards...

(...which the GPO assure me will be arriving this year!)

Written By: gemini on 02/14/06 at 7:02 am

I thought we were going out for a family dinner but seems like the girls have plans with their significant others, which is totally fine, so I guess it's me and hubby alone tonight!  :)  He sent me roses to work yesterday, so I guess I'll have to get him something "special"!  ;)

Written By: jaytee on 02/14/06 at 8:23 am

I shall be busy later, wading through the normal three articulated truckloads of cards...

(...which the GPO assure me will be arriving this year!)

Hope you like the one I sent  ;D

I did the usual - made a big heart shaped chocolate cake for the family and had a nice dinner.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/14/06 at 10:51 am

Hope you like the one I sent  ;D

I did the usual - made a big heart shaped chocolate cake for the family and had a nice dinner.
I like your heart cake idea. that's cool.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/06 at 5:27 pm

Robin And I might go out for a late Valentine's Day Dinner Sunday cause of the big snowstorm then back to her house for some hot steamy romance. ;)

Written By: jaytee on 02/14/06 at 5:33 pm

I like your heart cake idea. that's cool.

Thanks - the heart shaped pan was given to my Mother by my sister, Paulette who died in 1964.  Mum gave the cake pan to me when I moved out of home and every Valentine's Day since I've used it. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/14/06 at 6:45 pm

Well, my Valentines Day pretty much sucked. I worked.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/14/06 at 8:35 pm

I took my car in for smog check.  HVD  but I saved the day, made angel hair pasta and cooked some jumbo shrimp in tomato garlic basil and pesto sauce. looks good. time to eat. well see what wife and daughters reaction is, if they go back for 2nds, it's good.

Written By: Apricot on 02/14/06 at 8:37 pm

Gave my girlfriend a delightful set of presents (some of these kickass candies my mom gets from her mother, a massage, a delightful card which was sadly devoid of puppies, and a lovely CD), she loved it.. she gave me a nice present, and dressed very nicely today. This weekend, we're going to a dance at the school.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/14/06 at 9:02 pm

:\'( Well, my Valentines Day sucked..just as predicted..of the kids got stuff, I made sure of that, I even made my husband 2 cards...Handmade...he doesnt give me money so I couldnt buy him anything..I also made him Lasangna..( 9 layer...Even tho our marriage is falling apart..I made an effort...what did I get?...nothing..not even a Thank You...what an A-hole!!...Sorry guys, I dont want pity just letting you know how things are on MY end...I will be free soon tho.. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/14/06 at 9:19 pm

:\'( Well, my Valentines Day sucked..just as predicted..of the kids got stuff, I made sure of that, I even made my husband 2 cards...Handmade...he doesnt give me money so I couldnt buy him anything..I also made him Lasangna..( 9 layer...Even tho our marriage is falling apart..I made an effort...what did I get?...nothing..not even a Thank You...what an A-hole!!...Sorry guys, I dont want pity just letting you know how things are on MY end...I will be free soon tho.. :)
Sherry, you put forth a good effort and that makes you a pretty good person in my book. 
You'll be free soon, free from tyranny?  http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/braveheart.jpg
they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

hang in there, you are obviously living by the golden rule  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/14/06 at 9:22 pm

aww sweetie...here's something nice for you...

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=valentines+bouquet/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=123k695jq/EXP=1140060114/*-http%3A//www.800iloveyou.com/roseandchocolate.jpg.....flowers and chocolate combined, it doesn't get any better than that....too bad they aren't real though. ;)

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/14/06 at 9:26 pm

Sherry, you put forth a good effort and that makes you a pretty good person in my book. 
You'll be free soon, free from tyranny?   http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/braveheart.jpg
they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

hang in there, you are obviously living by the golden rule  8)
 8) Thank you...I love the Braveheart thing....Thats one of the reasons I love that movie..( he was devoted to Marn..or Marin..Ive seen it spelled both, its the accent that throws off the spelling!..)...Also that Mel in real life has been married to his wife..like FOREVER...You Never see him in the tabloids..( with the exception of the controversy of Passion Of The Christ, which I thought was wonderful!)..and he has like 7 kids...He is a True man!...Where can I find a MEL???? ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/15/06 at 4:28 pm

Her and I might out after dinner to munch on some chocolates.This will be a late Valentine's Dinner cause of the big huge snowstorm that hit New York on Saturday of last week.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/16/06 at 9:44 am

;D My husband made up for it, he took my little girl and they picked me out a Beautiful Diamond ring and a necklace!...I think he is finally realizing what he DOESNT want to lose.. 8)

Written By: KKay on 02/16/06 at 9:56 am

We postponed Valentine;s so I could go watch the dog show :)
Befrore I left the house I logged in to my husband's section of the computer and set up a folder labeled Valentine's...click on that and there was  anote from me and an MP3 of a song that I used to listen to when I first met him...
When I cam e home there was champagne filled chocolates waiting for me.

That was enough. and it was so nice.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/16/06 at 10:03 am

Befrore I left the house I logged in to my husband's section of the computer and set up a folder labeled Valentine's...click on that and there was  anote from me and an MP3 of a song that I used to listen to when I first met him...

very thoughtful on both your parts. Sometimes it's the little things that stand out. nice

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 11:33 am

gosh, that's romantic. ;)

Written By: KKay on 02/16/06 at 12:07 pm

gosh, that's romantic. ;)

it was better than I thought- and there was no planning...now I'm just sitting here with a dumb grin on my face about it. ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/16/06 at 3:35 pm

Robin will enjoy the gift I'll give her On Sunday which is a Bottle of perfume,a smooching ladybug and a Russell Stover's Chocolate Heart. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...