inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best/worst fast food restaraunts?

Written By: Slater on 02/09/06 at 7:52 pm

Most people that I know don't seem to like McDonald's all that well. Wendy's scores fairly high, as does a chain called In-and-Out Burger. Opinions?

Subject: Re: Best/worst fast food restaraunts?

Written By: Apricot on 02/09/06 at 7:56 pm

I actually DO enjoy McDonalds... it's close to my house, and always a solid meal when my parents are out or something.

Wendy's is okay, but only every so often. It gets old faster then any other Fast Food Place.

Burger King is decent too, but I prefer McDonalds.

Written By: Morton on 02/09/06 at 8:02 pm

I like Maccy-D's. There's the main one in the city centre, and there's one just up the road from me (it has a drive-thru too). I only use the one in the town if i'm there with my mates and we get hungry, and the only times i've been to the one up the road is when i've been there with the people I work with (after work, you know, as a treat).

Don't like Burger King. Their burgers are like grilled rubber  :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/09/06 at 9:05 pm

I prefer Whataburger.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/09/06 at 9:22 pm

I like McDonalds, but mostly for their chicken mcnuggets & fries... I don't ever eat their hamburgers.  I don't eat hamburgers from many fast food places because I like my burgers plain (just meat, cheese and bun) so if the burger is crap, I don't have the mayo, mustard, tomato, etc to mask the crappiness of it...

I do eat burgers from In 'n' Out and from Carls Jr.  Anyplace else, I order chicken.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/06 at 9:49 pm

Best would be a local place called Eat A Burger.  They use fresh potatoes to make their fries.  They even fry them with the skin on.  Good stuff.

Worst would have to be Carls Jr.  I just don't like them.

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/06 at 9:53 pm

It's gotta be A&W.  After all, I did take my screen name from an item on their menu ;D  The best is a Teen Burger Combo :)

http://www.aw.ca/publicinfo.nsf/8e82a0887797ea7f88256df60070b82b/$Body/0.CEE?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

Another good place is a cross Canada chain called Harvey's.  They are known for quality.  They grill up their burgers, then just like Subway, they ask you what you want on it, while they prepare it in front of you.  They have great Bacon and Cheese Burgers O0

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/harveys.jpg

Written By: rich1981 on 02/09/06 at 11:56 pm

Does Good Burger count?

Anyways I don't eat much fast food these days but whenever I do it's usually from Carl's Jr. I like A&W as well, but the closest one to home requires a bus + trolley ride.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/10/06 at 12:57 am

The Filet of Fish sandwich with some crispy fries at MacDonalds is a good meal, but it has to be fresh, just made, not sitting under a heat lamp. I just had TacoBell today, I haven't had it in quite a while. I like the original crunchy tacos and the 1/2 lb beef combo burrito. I must also include Weinerschnitzel, for their corn dogs and chili cheese dogs are most excellent. Choosing hamburgers in the bay area, you should go with In & Out Burger, order the "double double with cheese", or Nations Giant hamburger. their food rocks!  nice thread  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/10/06 at 1:08 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/10/06 at 1:16 am

Haven't touched McDonalds since I was 16. Wendys is OK, don't like KFC (way too greasy), Burger King I had once... never again ...I'm running out of takeaway places, dammit!

Subway is good, love subway.  8) Too expensive though

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/10/06 at 1:43 am

I love the Jack In The Box    2  tacos for 99cents 
those little deep fried tacos are good and they're cheap.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/06 at 5:37 am

The best I've had is Hot 'n' Now

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/10/06 at 7:45 am

don't like KFC (way too greasy)

Good god man  :o  It's the grease that one BUYS kfc for  :P :P :P :P :P

The last thing you wanna get is a dry piece that has been sitting on the tray for too long  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/10/06 at 7:51 am

The last thing you wanna get is a dry piece that has been sitting on the tray for too long  ;)
Possibly. I've just never been a big fan of eating/drinking/whatever grease.  :P

Written By: Paul on 02/10/06 at 7:51 am

Heh!

I remember the days when the 'C' in 'KFC' could have stood for 'cat'...!

Not a fast-food chain, but I had this walloping great big burger in the Wetherspoons in Lincoln just before Christmas last...and it was handsome!

Normally, I'd cross the road to avoid a Wetherspoons, but on this occasion I'm glad I didn't...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/10/06 at 7:54 am

Possibly. I've just never been a big fan of eating/drinking/whatever grease.  :P

I find that inhaling it or having it delivered via an intravenous drip is the most satisfying  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/10/06 at 7:55 am

Heh!

I remember the days when the 'C' in 'KFC' could have stood for 'cat'...!

Not a fast-food chain, but I had this walloping great big burger in the Wetherspoons in Lincoln just before Christmas last...and it was handsome!

Normally, I'd cross the road to avoid a Wetherspoons, but on this occasion I'm glad I didn't...

The most fun anyone's ever had in Lincoln, I suggest  :P

Written By: mandamoo on 02/10/06 at 7:57 am

Grease is the WORD :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/10/06 at 9:13 am

Ugh. I hate Mcdonalds. Ever since the movie "Supersize Me", I don't know what to think about Fast food  :P

But I guess the Amazon Cafe would be my favorite.

Written By: YWN on 02/10/06 at 9:17 am

I don't like McDonald's, Burger King is okay, and...Wendy's...I once threw up my Wendy's meal at home, so now I can't look at one of their sandwiches without thinking of vomit.

Now, Sonic is awesome.  I love their coney dogs.  There's also a great sub place, which I guess is technically fast food, called L.A. Subs.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/10/06 at 9:29 am

I don't like McDonald's, Burger King is okay, and...Wendy's...I once threw up my Wendy's meal at home, so now I can't look at one of their sandwiches without thinking of vomit.

Now, Sonic is awesome.  I love their coney dogs.  There's also a great sub place, which I guess is technically fast food, called L.A. Subs.

Ooooh, I forgot about Sonic. Yeah, Sonic's good. We go there a lot when we travel to South Carolina, because we don't have one anywhere near here.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/10/06 at 1:32 pm

You said it, Luke!!  ;D ;)

Written By: Southern Image on 02/10/06 at 1:53 pm

Most people that I know don't seem to like McDonald's all that well. Wendy's scores fairly high, as does a chain called In-and-Out Burger. Opinions?

McDonalds has changed a lot!. They don't taste good anymore. There was a time, I swore I would NEVER stop eating there. But when they changed the grease on their fries, and something changed in the Big Mac, I stopped wanting to go there.

The only thing I like at Wendy's are their bake potato's, fruit bowl, yogurt, and salads.

In-N-Out is OK. I like their burgers, they make them the way you want. BUT, I don't like their fries.

Burger King also changed for the worse. The Whoppers are nasty.

Taco Bell grossed me out when I found something resembling a plastic bag in my ground beef taco.

Written By: rich1981 on 02/10/06 at 2:55 pm

I never really liked Taco bell but I do like Chipotle.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/06 at 2:59 pm

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/promos/05/win07/ChickenParm_toasted.jpg

Subway-Eat Fresh O0

Written By: Step-chan on 02/10/06 at 3:01 pm

Best- Subway, Pizza di Roma

Worst- McDonald's, Taco Bell(nowadays anyway)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/10/06 at 3:45 pm

I'm also rather fond of Panda Express :P

I'm only half joking here (because we don't have the Panda place here)...

What, pray tell, is in Panda Express food ?  I am getting disturbing mental images of a black and white cuddly bear in the middle of a bread roll  :(

With a Coke on the side  :P :P :P :P

Written By: Howard on 02/10/06 at 3:56 pm

Worst: McDonalds :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/06 at 5:21 pm

What, pray tell, is in Panda Express food ?  I am getting disturbing mental images of a black and white cuddly bear in the middle of a bread roll  :(

Silly bird.

Everyone here in the States knows that you don't serve up panda on a bun.  You kabob 'em.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/06 at 5:24 pm

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/promos/05/win07/ChickenParm_toasted.jpg

Subway-Eat Fresh O0

I've never liked Subway, not sure why just is not my cup 'o' tea.  Jst the thought of it makes me want to spew chunks.  :P

I do like Quiznos, though.  Toastee!!!!!!!

How about...

http://www.aubonpain.com/navimages/logo.gif  ???

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/06 at 5:50 pm

I am "Hopelessly devoted to Grease" ;D

You can't have fast food without Grease.  Everytime I go to KFC, I always gross everyone out because I eat the chicken skin.  The skin is the best part  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/06 at 5:56 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Slater on 02/10/06 at 6:02 pm

Here's one that I'm guessing no one here remembers (unless you're in your 40's, maybe). Back in the mid to late 1970's KFC had a hamburger called the "Colonel Burger". Basically looked and tasted like an oversize Whopper. This may have been a regional thing because no one I know seems to remember it.

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/06 at 6:03 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/10/06 at 6:10 pm

Pizza is fast food. (And my favourite fast food) Although Pizza Hut isn't for me, there a quite a few really good local and national stores around that make some really decent pizza with ample topping. O0

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/10/06 at 8:33 pm

I like Subway and Arby's roast beef the best.

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/10/06 at 9:42 pm

None of you ever eat at Whataburger or Dairy Queen?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/10/06 at 9:45 pm

Dairy Queen, yeah. I just don't like their food. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/10/06 at 9:46 pm

Dairy Queen, yeah. I just don't like their food. :P

their ice cream is good, but the food is very greasy! :P

Written By: ADH13 on 02/10/06 at 9:51 pm

I'm only half joking here (because we don't have the Panda place here)...

With a Coke on the side  :P :P :P :P

I just noticed that nobody had answered your question...  Panda Express is a chinese fast food place where all the choices are laid out like a buffet (covered with glass) and you choose what you want.  I love their egg rolls... but I'm not too crazy about their other food.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/10/06 at 9:52 pm

I love the Jack In The Box    2  tacos for 99cents   
those little deep fried tacos are good and they're cheap.

Do you guys have Johnny Rockets up there??  Their burgers are really good too, but expensive.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/10/06 at 10:07 pm

dammit, I'm hungry and I don't feel like making anything. I'm gonna get in my car and go get some food, I'm thinking a Round Table double pepperoni pizza since I have a coupon.  I'll be back in a little while with PIZZA  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/06 at 11:39 pm

Never eaten at Whataburger, they aren't around here.  I love Dairy Queen's mushroom burgers.  The best mushroom burger I have had anywhere. 

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/06 at 12:35 am

I like a good DQ burger every now and then.  The "Flamethrower" burger is great O0

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/11/06 at 12:38 am

I just noticed that nobody had answered your question...  Panda Express is a chinese fast food place where all the choices are laid out like a buffet (covered with glass) and you choose what you want.  I love their egg rolls... but I'm not too crazy about their other food.

Thank you  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/06 at 12:40 am

It's a shame you guys don't have Mr. Sub in America and the rest of the world.  They make the greatest subs.  They taste better than Subway, and they are cheaper.  Every time I go there, I have to get the Santa Fe Spicy Chicken sub.  

I also love the Chili from Tim Hortons.  I used to like Wendy's Chili, up until that infamous incident that made headlines.  Now, apparently, they don't like it when you ask for a side of fingers with your chili ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/11/06 at 12:41 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 02/11/06 at 7:42 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/06 at 8:00 am

Whataburger is pretty good.  But for my taste, Hot 'n' Now is the best burger you can get, and cheap too.  :P  I wish they had them here in Pennsylvania.

Here in PA, Eat 'n' Bark makes an awesome Superburger (a rebranded Big Boy), but it is not "fast" food.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 8:07 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/06 at 8:12 am

the superburger reminds me a bit of a Big Mac.

A moment that calld for Pittsburgh Trivia:

The original "Big Sandwich" was the Eat 'n' Bark "Big Boy" in the Pittsburgh area.  'Burghers liked it so much that a local McDonald's restauranteur came out with a copycat sandwich, the Big Mac.

And the rest is history...  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 8:14 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/06 at 8:16 am

ah, I see. Hey...are you from the Pittsburgh area?  I actually live about 45 minutes from Pgh.

I'm in the Aliquippa area.  One of the old local burger joiunts was the "Winky's" chain.  I never liked their burgers, which were so wet and soggy that you could use 'em for a floor mop.  They've been out of biz for about 25 years.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 8:18 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/06 at 8:25 am

Yes, I remember Winky's...we used to have one in Greensburg ages ago. Do you remember "Burger Chef"? I really loved their burgers when I was a kid.

Ah, yes.  Burger Chef.  Awesome milk shakes as I recall.  They used to have a place right around the corner from where I now live.  I used to know all the girls who worked the counter and they'd let me eat for free.  I wonder why they went out of business?  ;D

Another late, great local chain was Sandy's, whose logo was a Scottish lassie wearing a kilt.  Fries were out of this world.  Sadly they were bought out by Hardees who burns their meat.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 8:31 am

[quote author=Ły

Written By: Slater on 02/11/06 at 9:11 am

I like Taco Bell ("Toxic Hell"), but they don't seem to be high on many people's list.  ;)

Written By: Mephistopheles on 02/11/06 at 11:01 am

Checkers and Burger King...... 8)

Written By: Stompgal on 02/12/06 at 10:44 am

I like McDonaLd's, Burger King, Subway and KFC.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/12/06 at 5:47 pm

Worst= Carl's Jr.  I've only been once, and it was only recently, but it was the worst service (and food) I'd ever gotten  >:(

Written By: Step-chan on 02/13/06 at 4:42 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/13/06 at 4:47 pm

I guess it's kinda debatable on what's technically "fast food" -- but I'd consider it to be any place with a Drive-thru and technically serves burgers, fries and the like.

It's a little different across the country, but on the West Coast at least:

Favorite: Burger King (it's a teeny bit "healthier" than McDonald's. I commonly go there for breakfast as well as lunch). Taco Bell is a runner-up.
Least favorite: McDonald's (not really a least favorite - their fries are good - I just go there the least, probably).

P.S. I've been what I call a "casual vegetarian" for the last 4 and a half years, so there's only a few things I can get at each place. Before then, I still would've said BK is the best (though I wish they hadn't done the "2000s looking" logo). ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/13/06 at 5:13 pm

Fosters Freeze for the Frosties, the chocolate dipped vanilla cones, but my favorite is the vanila/chocolate twist

Written By: Howard on 02/13/06 at 5:55 pm

I'm kind of getting to like Taco Bell somewhat.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...