inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ugly HairDos

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 7:17 pm

What are some of the ugliest, shameful hairdos that you have had over the course of your lifetime?  If you have proof...post pics of it...if not, describe it to the best of your knowledge.

My ugliest hair was probably in the late 80's (around 88/89). My hair had been straight all of my lifetime and then when I hit a certain age, it just started getting curly. So..during that time, I had bangs, but they were getting really curly and I didn't know what to do with them. It's not like I had a mullet or anything...but it was pretty darn fugly. I will have to see if I can find a picture of it...and if I am not too ashamed, I might post it. :-\\

Subject: Re: Ugly HairDos

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/16/06 at 7:54 pm

When I was going through my man stage.. and got my hair cut to like, my ears. That was awful.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 7:56 pm

When I was going through my man stage.. and got my hair cut to like, my ears. That was awful.

that was when you wanted to be the 4th Hanson! ;) ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/16/06 at 7:57 pm

that was when you wanted to be the 4th Hanson! ;) ;D

Yes, right after I married Zac. He would have loved my for my hairdo.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 7:58 pm

Yes, right after I married Zac. He would have loved my for my hairdo.

yes, because it looked exactly like his at the time!  You guys could have been like those husbands and wives that look exactly like each other! :o

Written By: whistledog on 02/16/06 at 8:16 pm

the worst haircut I ever had was the day I let my grandmother cut my hair.  She had one of those little triangular plastic things that has blades in the little combs on the three sides.  The idea is to tear it across the hair, and it (painfully) cuts right out.  After she was done, there were chunks taken out everywhere.  I ended up having to go to a barber to get my head shaved

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/16/06 at 8:22 pm

we need pics  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/16/06 at 8:27 pm

we need pics  :o

Noooo Way.

Note: And Erin, if you post pictures.. there will be HARSH consequences to pay.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 8:33 pm

Noooo Way.

Note: And Erin, if you post pictures.. there will be HARSH consequences to pay.

hahahaahaa.......uh, ya. :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/16/06 at 8:36 pm

hahahaahaa.......uh, ya. :-\\

Eh?!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 8:36 pm

Eh?!

meh...don't worry...I won't embarrass you like that! ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 10:06 pm

Let me guess...right around when you hit puberty?  My old stylist told me that the change in hormones around "that time" can cause it.....the good news is that when you hit menopause, it's supposed to be reversed, but I can't verify that.  Mine started changing from straight to curly around age 13....however, my hair was ugliest about age 10.  I had gone through a growth spurt, but was trying to be "girly" so I attempted to curl my hair and it went horribly wrong.  I think I destroyed all photographic evidence, but I can picture it in my mind plain as day :-\\

yes...it was when I was around 11 or so.  It was horrible back then...I didn't know what to do with it....but, I totally have it under control (on good days ;)) now...and I hope to God that I never lose the curl because I hate my hair straight now! LOL!

Written By: Gis on 02/17/06 at 4:53 am

Hmmmmm, very probably when I had a mullet with a big bouffy fringe and top. My fiance about died with laughter when he saw a picture. There was also one picture of me and my best friend at a hen night which he did comment on with awe in his voice at how big our hair was !!  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/17/06 at 8:33 am

My hair was ugliest.....pretty much my whole life until high school. 
We weren't allowed to cut our hair so it was down to my butt.  When I was little, I used to like the fact that I had long hair, except that my mom never made sure that it was brushed every day so it would be all ratty and when I ever did have somebody brush it, it was painful.  Then I eventually learned how to brush my hair.  However, neither I nor my mother knew anything about styling.  When I was in about 4th grade, I convinced mom to stop trimming my bangs so I could grow them out......boy that was a nightmare.  My 7th grade picture just imagine my grown out "bangs" which were all poofy and frizzy all the way down to my shoulders, then the rest of my hair is wavy and goes down to my butt.    *shudder*
Right after 9th grade me and my little sister convinced my mom to cut our hair shoulder-length.  HALLELUJAH!!!  I still didn't know how to stle my hair so it still looked like crap a lot of the time.  But now I've finally learned  (Mom, however could use a hair make-over...)

Written By: KKay on 02/17/06 at 9:22 am

Today. I have terrible hair today. 66degrees and rainy in February? Of course, bad hair day.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/06 at 3:35 pm

http://www.kingweb.net/uglyhairdo.jpg

Written By: Gis on 02/18/06 at 2:45 pm

So yes , I was sorting through some old photo's to make a 20th anniversary cd for my best friend and this is a picture of me with my incredible mullet circa 1986 ! Sadly you can't see the length at the back but the height speaks for itself.............

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8376/gishair1mj.jpg

Written By: Marian on 02/18/06 at 3:33 pm

any pics?[quote author=whis

Written By: Marian on 02/18/06 at 3:34 pm

My hair was ugliest.....pretty much my whole life until high school. 
We weren't allowed to cut our hair so it was down to my butt.  When I was little, I used to like the fact that I had long hair, except that my mom never made sure that it was brushed every day so it would be all ratty and when I ever did have somebody brush it, it was painful.  Then I eventually learned how to brush my hair.  However, neither I nor my mother knew anything about styling.  When I was in about 4th grade, I convinced mom to stop trimming my bangs so I could grow them out......boy that was a nightmare.  My 7th grade picture just imagine my grown out "bangs" which were all poofy and frizzy all the way down to my shoulders, then the rest of my hair is wavy and goes down to my butt.    *shudder*
Right after 9th grade me and my little sister convinced my mom to cut our hair shoulder-length.  HALLELUJAH!!!   I still didn't know how to stle my hair so it still looked like crap a lot of the time.   But now I've finally learned  (Mom, however could use a hair make-over...)
any pics?

Written By: Howard on 02/20/06 at 8:10 am

http://www.hairdos1.com/hairdos/retro%20formal%20%20beehive%20updo.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...