inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Slow Night That Lasted 6 Months

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 8:58 pm

Okay, this forum has been slower then a retarded sloth with lead weights attached to it wading through cold molasses lately.

We need something! Either more people need to come back (and not people that suck either) or we need new blood.. n00bs, my people.

Any ideas? YOU NEED TO HELP WITH THIS. I'mma start capping people if this forum don't pick up.

Subject: Re: The Slow Night That Lasted 6 Months

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:03 pm

Fo' Rizzle. What happened to this place, Yo..? The only fun I have here now is posting the word "Penis" and roundhouse kicking Donnie Darko in the nads. And as fun as that all is, It's getting a little boring.

.. Man, if only Becks was here. He'd know what to do. He always knows...

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 9:08 pm

Fo' Rizzle. What happened to this place, Yo..? The only fun I have here now is posting the word "Penis" and roundhouse kicking Donnie Darko in the nads. And as fun as that all is, It's getting a little boring.

Sigh.. I miss Becks. We need to find him.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:14 pm

Sigh.. I miss Becks. We need to find him.

I tried PMing him once.. desperately crying out for him, if you will. But the forum would not allow such acts.

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 9:18 pm

I tried PMing him once.. desperately crying out for him, if you will. But the forum would not allow such acts.

You can't PM him?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:19 pm

You can't PM him?

Nope, I tryed sending it and It wouldn't let me. It said samething about.. Er.. not letting me.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:31 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 9:32 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:34 pm

If there's anyone who deserves it, it's Becks.

Becks doesn't get frostbite. Becks bites frost.

Beck once at a whole cake before his friends had time to tell him that there was a stripper in it.

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 9:37 pm

Time Waits For No Man. Unless That Man Is Becks.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/24/06 at 9:43 pm

If you spell "Becks" in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Written By: Apricot on 02/24/06 at 9:50 pm

Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with more than 20,000 women in his lifetime. Becks calls this "a slow Tuesday."

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 4:25 am

becks is immortal. he won't stay dead.

http://zombie.horrorseek.com/halloween/chrisscrypt/grave_hand.gif

becks... i summon you....

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 4:29 am

Yeah, what's happened here?

There's like 30 regulars.  A lot of classic members have left too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/06 at 4:51 am

Okay, this forum has been slower then a retarded sloth with lead weights attached to it wading through cold molasses lately.

We need something! Either more people need to come back (and not people that suck either) or we need new blood.. n00bs, my people.

Any ideas? YOU NEED TO HELP WITH THIS. I'mma start capping people if this forum don't pick up.
Spread the word, tell your friends, advertise ? ? ?

Written By: gemini on 02/25/06 at 7:30 am

Cat and Carlos will be back from vacation next week. They'll add a little spark  back to the place.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/06 at 8:40 am

Cat and Carlos will be back from vacation next week. They'll add a little spark  back to the place.  :)
For the meantime I am sitting here twiddling thumbs

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 9:36 am

For the meantime I am sitting here twiddling thumbs
you should post lots of felix the cat pictures to kill time!

by the by, i call that the whole becks thing is now officially a "cargo cult." (you know, like when a crate of tampax falls out the back of a plane and a tribe of natives who've never seen anything technological start worshipping it?) i bet becks' PM inbox is full of messages he'll never read, like, "becks: have my children!", or "becks: i want to show you the becks tattoo i carved in my chest with an icepick" or "becks, i smashed in a window for you, baby." and if he ever DOES come back to this site he's gonna freak and leave the country.

i'm not saying that like it's a bad thing though. i like cults. the only reason i haven't joined one is they all look so good i have a hard time choosing.

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 8:05 pm

Spread the word, tell your friends, advertise ? ? ?

I told friends.. they (pimpinsteelersfan, Djork, shiprunner, Pink Kitty, C.NOIZE) posted previously, at one point they posted every night, but they lost interest or something. Prolly cause this forum is dead.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 8:06 pm

I told friends.. they (pimpinsteelersfan, Djork, shiprunner, Pink Kitty, C.NOIZE) posted previously, at one point they posted every night, but they lost interest or something. Prolly cause this forum is dead.

Yeah.  This place had FLAVA once.  Flava.

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 8:07 pm

Yeah.  This place had FLAVA once.  Flava.

Now all the flavorful people are either gone or not posting.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 8:08 pm

Now all the flavorful people are either gone or not posting.

I don't have flava?  :\'(  ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 8:11 pm

I don't have flava?  :\'(  ;D
i believe we can ALL take this pretty hard.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 02/25/06 at 8:19 pm

Well, I left and came back about 3 times, and I was gone this past week 'cause I was sick.  But I imagine it's hard to notice either way, 'cause I don't tend to post a whole lot, even when I log on every night.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/26/06 at 12:47 am

You know... you can always talk to me... AHEMCOUGHAHEM

Written By: Howard on 02/27/06 at 4:34 pm

It's been slow for 6 Months? :o

Written By: Apricot on 02/27/06 at 5:43 pm

It's been slow for 6 Months? :o

Well, 6 Months might be a stretch.. but either way, it's been slow for a long time.

You know... you can always talk to me... AHEMCOUGHAHEM

2-3 people can't carry a forum, no matter how cool they are.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/27/06 at 9:41 pm

2-3 people can't carry a forum, no matter how cool they are.

Unless you're BECKS.. or Philip Eno. OR CHUCK NORRIS.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 12:22 am

Everything loses energy and eventually runs out of energy. The second law of thermodynamics

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 12:25 am

Everything loses energy and eventually runs out of energy. The second law of thermodynamics
ah yes...

the second

l
a
w

o

f

t
hermody....

i feel so sleepy.

you ever read any thomas pynchon?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 12:32 am

ah yes...

the second

l
a
w

o

f

t
hermody....

i feel so sleepy.

you ever read any thomas pynchon?
no, but I'll look him up. I remembered this speaker talking about the 2nd law and the problem with entropy, everything eventually breaks down, going from complexity and organization to chaos and changing and this thread jogged my memory of that. maybe becks can regenerate this, but personally, if it's slow, it's slow. I can live with it. I'm sure it comes and goes in waves, but whatever it was before I got here, I'll never know. I'm cool with it as it is. I got here because of the music, all this forum stuff is icing on the cake to me.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 12:42 am

crying of lot 49 is amazing. and you can read it in about 4 hours.

but gravity's rainbow will change your life. i was a normal person before i read gravity's rainbow. (which took me about four months, by the way.) and now i'm... me. you're pretty much clinically insane if you read that book even once.

it's GENIUS.

(V's cool too. of all his novels, V is the most hard rock.)

but yeah, that's basically the gist of it. order erodes into chaos. that's a basic physical principle, like gravity. but the question becomes, how do you define order and chaos, given that making these decisions is based on opinion and judgment, on the observer's point of view? it gets very mystical.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 1:03 am

crying of lot 49 is amazing. and you can read it in about 4 hours.

but gravity's rainbow will change your life. i was a normal person before i read gravity's rainbow. (which took me about four months, by the way.) and now i'm... me. you're pretty much clinically insane if you read that book even once.

it's GENIUS.

(V's cool too. of all his novels, V is the most hard rock.)

but yeah, that's basically the gist of it. order erodes into chaos. that's a basic physical principle, like gravity. but the question becomes, how do you define order and chaos, given that making these decisions is based on opinion and judgment, on the observer's point of view? it gets very mystical.
I'm afraid to read it now  ;D  I noticed my kids room was complete chaos and a mess so I asked her nicely to clean her room, and it will be neat and orderly for a week and then it will slowly get disorderly and utterly chaotic. It seems order and chaos are just the way things are, not opinion. things just run down, everything ends. mystical, spiritual? I believe the latter, but only because of my own personal experience. I'm gonna read my beatles book I got for my birthday first before I delve into your readings.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 1:08 am

I'm afraid to read it now  ;D  I noticed my kids room was complete chaos and a mess so I asked her nicely to clean her room, and it will be neat and orderly for a week and then it will slowly get disorderly and utterly chaotic. It seems order and chaos are just the way things are, not opinion. things just run down, everything ends. mystical, spiritual? I believe the latter, but only because of my own personal experience. I'm gonna read my beatles book I got for my birthday first before I delve into your readings.
but can you imagine a world where your kids' messy rooms were the epitome of order, and the ideal you held for them was the epitome of chaos? what if fourteen-year-olds ruled the government? think about it, yo!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 1:11 am

but can you imagine a world where your kids' messy rooms were the epitome of order, and the ideal you held for them was the epitome of chaos? what if fourteen-year-olds ruled the government? think about it, yo!
thats a nightmare, children of the corn stuff.  but i see your point on the matter of opinion. one mans order is another mans chaos, so true when you compare desks at work.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 1:22 am

thats a nightmare, children of the corn stuff.  but i see your point on the matter of opinion. one mans order is another mans chaos, so true when you compare desks at work.
but if fourteen-year-olds DID run the world, we wouldn't feel comfortable saying that -- "that's children of the corn stuff". that's a perspective very rooted in our current point of view. if 14-year-olds REALLY ran the world, we'd be saying, yes, 14-year-olds were always supposed to run the world. because we'd know what's best for us.

things are relative in ways you don't expect. that's my only point.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 1:50 am

but if fourteen-year-olds DID run the world, we wouldn't feel comfortable saying that -- "that's children of the corn stuff". that's a perspective very rooted in our current point of view. if 14-year-olds REALLY ran the world, we'd be saying, yes, 14-year-olds were always supposed to run the world. because we'd know what's best for us.

things are relative in ways you don't expect. that's my only point.
I meant no insult with the movie comment so hope it wasn't taken so, just recalling the kids being in charge in that movie. I'd say it's more a perspective rooted in a designed reality, no what ifs, no hypotheticals but one could say it's my perception of what i think reality is.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 1:54 am

bottom line is the board/forum is a little slow but it'll pick up. I've been here since Dec. and even in that short a period of time I've seen some Friday/Saturday nights bogged down and it was weird because the place was quite energized. I wouldn't worry about it. I'll just do my thing and contribute as I can.

Written By: karen on 02/28/06 at 3:28 am

SOme people might like to consider why some long term members no longer post here.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/06 at 10:58 am

I am content with our little group of people that we have now...I wouldn't want to lose any of you as forum friends....you are all an asset to the boards! :)

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 11:02 am

SOme people might like to consider why some long term members no longer post here.
hmm. this makes me very curious.

why do you think some long-term members no longer post here?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/06 at 11:08 am

I know some members got all pissy because they were not down with the whole, "making fun" of former members, etc....but other than that, I don't really know why they no longer post here.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 11:17 am

I know some members got all pissy because they were not down with the whole, "making fun" of former members, etc....but other than that, I don't really know why they no longer post here.
i remember the

becks bloodbath

which happened not long after i first joined the board. lost a lot of good folks over that. I know the whole "subway" thing was supposedly quite a scandal but that was before my time. thankfully.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/28/06 at 11:35 am

Didn't we have one of these "the board is dying" threads a couple of months ago?  strange how the number of posts per day or the number of new threads fluctuates, but aren't that much different from month to month, yet the board has been in the grasp of death so many times.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 11:46 am

Didn't we have one of these "the board is dying" threads a couple of months ago?  strange how the number of posts per day or the number of new threads fluctuates, but aren't that much different from month to month, yet the board has been in the grasp of death so many times.
Yeah, I didn't really see it either, to me the board seems pretty active. Maybe some folks wish the conversations would go in a different direction, or something? I dunno. I probably joined around six months ago so if there was some glorious golden age before that, I wasn't around for it I guess.

It occurs to me it might be a generational thing. seems like it's the younger crowd saying the board is dead, but I might be wrong, I didn't really research profiles or anything.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/06 at 12:30 pm

Yeah, I didn't really see it either, to me the board seems pretty active. Maybe some folks wish the conversations would go in a different direction, or something? I dunno. I probably joined around six months ago so if there was some glorious golden age before that, I wasn't around for it I guess.

It occurs to me it might be a generational thing. seems like it's the younger crowd saying the board is dead, but I might be wrong, I didn't really research profiles or anything.

Younger people, yes. bored, used to more stimulation? I dont know, but I do know lives change, people have kids and probably just have other things to do. I'm certainly not doing the same evening stuff I used to, and at some point I may need a break away from the action. But I'm pleased overall with the activity, and when it gets slow, I go to the arcade or the board games.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/06 at 5:12 pm

Boredom I guess.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 6:29 pm

Boredom I guess.
my momma used to say if you're bored it means you have no inner resource.

Written By: Apricot on 02/28/06 at 6:57 pm

Well, again, there's only so cool a few good people can make a forum.. even if the few posters would be cool, it's still dull when it's only 4-5 regulars.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 7:01 pm

^I agree. 

Apricot, can you recruit any more members somehow?  You did a good job recruiting your homies  8)

Written By: Apricot on 02/28/06 at 7:05 pm

^I agree. 

Apricot, can you recruit any more members somehow?  You did a good job recruiting your homies  8)

Hmm.. prolly. I could maybe get some to come back... probably advertise on my xanga or something... I'll give it a shot. But everyone has to do their part.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 7:07 pm

Hmm.. prolly. I could maybe get some to come back... probably advertise on my xanga or something... I'll give it a shot. But everyone has to do their part.

Thanks.  I'll do my part also.  Maybe I'll make a Wikipedia article for the site.

Written By: Apricot on 02/28/06 at 7:08 pm

Thanks.  I'll do my part also.  Maybe I'll make a Wikipedia article for the site.

That'd prolly work.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 7:10 pm

That'd prolly work.

I hope so.  They might not want it though, but it's worth a shot.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/01/06 at 5:21 am

They'd delete in in an instant as it would be seen more of an advertisement than a peice of information. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a forum/website directory.  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/06 at 7:07 am

Not enough get involved with the political boards, which can be rollicking at times.  I guess it is just a bit too tough for some of
you guys.  The Flame Club was going pretty good, but that died, too many  tried to dish it out, but couldn't take the heat.
Sometimes I despair of the spine of the younger generation.

Written By: La Roche on 03/01/06 at 8:23 am

Not enough get involved with the political boards, which can be rollicking at times.  I guess it is just a bit too tough for some of
you guys.  The Flame Club was going pretty good, but that died, too many  tried to dish it out, but couldn't take the heat.
Sometimes I despair of the spine of the younger generation.

They're wet and spineless and have poor personal hygiene.
Have you smelt them!

AWFUL!

Written By: Tia on 03/01/06 at 8:31 am

Have you smelt them!

AWFUL!
clap clap clap.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 9:41 am

Have you smelt them!

AWFUL!
There are many older that are quite odorous and give off an unpleasant fragrance  :)

Written By: La Roche on 03/01/06 at 12:37 pm

There are many older that are quite odorous and give off an unpleasant fragrance  :)

Yes, but they really can't be held responsible for their bodily functions going to pot.

Written By: KKay on 03/01/06 at 12:51 pm

Yes, but they really can't be held responsible for their bodily functions going to pot.

Again. I leave for 5 minutes and then the potty talk starts.  Two-track minds on these boys.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 1:43 pm

true, the age factor does contribute. this reminds me of a scene in Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Willy Wonka: You smell like old people... and soap. I like it.

Written By: KKay on 03/01/06 at 1:49 pm

true, the age factor does contribute. this reminds me of a scene in Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Willy Wonka: You smell like old people... and soap. I like it.

Depends on what kind of soap.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 2:05 pm

Depends on what kind of soap.
manly smelling, but KKay likes it too.

I believe the younger generation needs more stimuli than us more mature folk, because they report the boredom more often. I admit I get bored sometimes, see the same threads, no new posts, but I take the good with the bad. Karma

Written By: Howard on 03/01/06 at 4:43 pm

How is that possible?

Written By: Tia on 03/01/06 at 4:47 pm

How is that possible?
You: Howard wants to know how it's possible that if you're bored, it means you have no inner resource.
Eliza: Do you wish that youre bored it means i have no inner resource?

Written By: KKay on 03/01/06 at 5:11 pm

You: Howard wants to know how it's possible that if you're bored, it means you have no inner resource.
Eliza: Do you wish that youre bored it means i have no inner resource?

this conversation could last 6 months.

I agree with the inner resource statement; this does not mean I am not bored most of the time.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/01/06 at 7:10 pm

I don't see any decline in activity... what I do see is alot more threads going off topic and turning into nonsense and alot less substance.  It also seems to be alot more clique-ish than before and somewhat less friendly.  Although in a way it's better now without the jiminy/howard thing going on in every thread...

I see people complaining that the board is dying, yet when people try to add activity by posting new  topics, they are given a bad time about it...  so I'm sure alot of people are reluctant to post multiple new threads...

Several of the old-time members still come here, but they mostly stay in the board games and quizzes now... and while the PPP used to be my first stop here, it is usually my last now... I usually go to the decades, politics and quizzes first, then read just a few topics in the PPP... :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/06 at 7:15 pm

I don't see any decline in activity... what I do see is alot more threads going off topic and turning into nonsense and alot less substance.  It also seems to be alot more clique-ish than before and somewhat less friendly. 

I agree with you on that.  It does get clique-ish, and when you try to get in on the conversation you are ignored, or the posting is
all tied up in one liner back and forth.

Written By: Tia on 03/01/06 at 7:26 pm

i like PPP.  :-[

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 7:31 pm

I agree with you on that.  It does get clique-ish, and when you try to get in on the conversation you are ignored, or the posting is
all tied up in one liner back and forth.
those are fairly accurate assessments. I would concur with you ladies and admit I've partaken in some of those things, but personally, a little goofy nonsense goes a long way with me, and I don't like to always be that way, I like a little calm and serious once in awhile, and I'll interact with just about anyone, I'm not exclusive but have more in common with some people and it's just easier to engage with them because of that. When the board is hopping, and fun and exciting, and there are many people online posting, I enjoy it, but I'm also content if I'm online all by myself, whatever the circumstances. I'm content in most any and every situation.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/06 at 7:33 pm

Right now, though, I am old, getting a bit stinky, and have to get up early.  ;D  goodnight all you streetlight posters.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/06 at 9:43 pm

ew...stinky old people!! :P LOL! ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/01/06 at 9:45 pm

fortunately, being pure as the driven snow, i'm completely free of unpleasant odors.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/06 at 9:49 pm

fortunately, being pure as the driven snow, i'm completely free of unpleasant odors.

dude, wouldn't it be rockin' the be the stinky cheese man? :D

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=stinky+cheese+man/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMictawZENl4AmwqjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=125l1u661/EXP=1141357741/*-http%3A//www.owatonna.lib.mn.us/cheese/mvc-026s.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 11:07 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=stinky+cheese+man/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMictawZENl4AmwqjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=125l1u661/EXP=1141357741/*-http%3A//www.owatonna.lib.mn.us/cheese/mvc-026s.jpg
whoa, thats a walking cheese. looks like a wheel of Parmagiano Reggiano

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/01/06 at 11:10 pm

*Begins to weep*

I--I love the Stinky Cheese Man... :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/06 at 11:14 pm

yes...he's SO darn cute...I just want to eat him up!!! bhahahaa...no pun intended! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 11:17 pm

it looks like he's scaring the crap out of that little girl in front of him. I'm sure she's had regular nightmares because of him. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/06 at 11:20 pm

it looks like he's scaring the crap out of that little girl in front of him. I'm sure she's had regular nightmares because of him. 

yes...attack of the killer stinky cheese man!!! muwahahaha!! lol!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/01/06 at 11:28 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/BirthdayDoms.jpg

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 1:52 am

yes...attack of the killer stinky cheese man!!! muwahahaha!! lol!

yes...he's SO darn cute...I just want to eat him up!!! bhahahaa...no pun intended! ;)

I--I love the Stinky Cheese Man... :\'(

Now don't get me wrong here... because I'm not complaining.. but in response to the original point of this thread, I'd be willing to bet that stuff like this is the reason why people give up on reading/replying to PPP threads, which makes the board seem dead.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 2:09 am

Now don't get me wrong here... because I'm not complaining.. but in response to the original point of this thread, I'd be willing to bet that stuff like this is the reason why people give up on reading/replying to PPP threads, which makes the board seem dead.

I think we may have started on the topic and then sort of wandered off into another tangient. Sometimes I notice and try to reel mysel back and make the topic point. oh well, it happens, people can still interject on the topic and not have to get into the side banter. It's ultimately up to the individual if they give up or not.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 2:14 am

I think we may have started on the topic and then sort of wandered off into another tangient. Sometimes I notice and try to reel mysel back and make the topic point. oh well, it happens, people can still interject on the topic and not have to get into the side banter. It's ultimately up to the individual if they give up or not.

very true... like I said, it doesn't bother me and I'm certainly not complaining... I just meant it as a bit of an explanation to those who were complaining that the board seems dead. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 2:22 am

very true... like I said, it doesn't bother me and I'm certainly not complaining... I just meant it as a bit of an explanation to those who were complaining that the board seems dead. :)
I hear ya Odyssey and know you are just making an observation. I sometimes see dialogue in a thread that I'd rather not get into, so i just move along to somewhere else or come back later. I think the younger generation is used to more more more, The constant starting of new threads is an example of that to me. They relate easier to one another and seem to have a nice genuine bond, I admire it and enjoy their interaction with one another. I noticed slightly less board activity tonight, I personally don't question why, I just accept it.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 3:39 am

If you click on the thread to post an on topic reply and you notice that the previous x number of threads are not on topic you can feel like you are interrupting a conversation.  Many people will then not bother posting any reply at all.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 3:42 am

If you click on the thread to post an on topic reply and you notice that the previous x number of threads are not on topic you can feel like you are interrupting a conversation.  Many people will then not bother posting any reply at all.
that's true, you kinda get the feeling they got their own thing going on, but people just need to be reminded to stay on topic. I don't mind being reminded because I know my mind wanders and strays. 

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 3:50 am

that's true, you kinda get the feeling they got their own thing going on, but people just need to be reminded to stay on topic. I don't mind being reminded because I know my mind wanders and strays. 

The thing is when some people do remind people to get back on topic they can get shouted down.  that can make you reluctant to remind people.  I know that little asides make the conversation wander at times but some threads go way off track.

Maybe we should all look out for when one of the 'old timers' comes back and ask why they don't stay any more?  we might be surprised by the answers

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 5:14 am

The thing is when some people do remind people to get back on topic they can get shouted down.  that can make you reluctant to remind people.  I know that little asides make the conversation wander at times but some threads go way off track.

Time for the majority to stand up to the tyranny of the minority,  When things begin to get one-sided leading to boredom among all but a few we should step up, insert a post that let's them know that what they're doing is .

HOG TIME

http://www.qsl.net/g4eqz/pig.jpg                                                                             

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:36 am

Time for the majority to stand up to the tyranny of the minority,  When things begin to get one-sided leading to boredom among all but a few we should step up, insert a post that let's them know that what they're doing is .

HOG TIME

pfft.

the idea of a board filled with threads like, "what 70s song are you listening to right now?", and "what position do you sleep in?", where everything's all policed to make sure it doesn't go off topic... i can't IMAGINE anything more boring.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 7:00 am

pfft.

the idea of a board filled with threads like, "what 70s song are you listening to right now?", and "what position do you sleep in?", where everything's all policed to make sure it doesn't go off topic... i can't IMAGINE anything more boring.

I agree with you on that one.  I don't see the big deal about being side-tracked every now and then...it makes the topic more interesting most of the time. I know that there have been some tangents that have gone on too far....but for the most part...the topic ends up getting back on track again. People make too big a deal out of stuff like this....it's a messageboard for criminy sake's....and that's what happens whenever you get a plethora of different types of people all talking at once....you get all different sorts of opinions and messages....and that's what the whole point of it is.  When people go off topic, I am sure that their intentions are not to immensely frustrate uptight board members...it's just something that happens...oh well. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 8:11 am

I agree with you on that one.  I don't see the big deal about being side-tracked every now and then...it makes the topic more interesting most of the time. I know that there have been some tangents that have gone on too far....but for the most part...the topic ends up getting back on track again. People make too big a deal out of stuff like this....it's a messageboard for criminy sake's....and that's what happens whenever you get a plethora of different types of people all talking at once....you get all different sorts of opinions and messages....and that's what the whole point of it is.  When people go off topic, I am sure that their intentions are not to immensely frustrate uptight board members...it's just something that happens...oh well. ::)

I think some of these people have never actually had a real conversation.

Can you think of any conversation you've had in the past few days where you have stayed EXACTLY on topic. It dosen't happen.

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 8:20 am

I think some of these people have never actually had a real conversation.

Can you think of any conversation you've had in the past few days where you have stayed EXACTLY on topic. It dosen't happen.

Yeah, I love roller coasters.

I don't know, I've seen a few of these chats go on for some time...BUT the longest ones, and the ones I've enjoyed the most are with the people I like, on a hijacked thread, changing the topic from 'what famous person do you look like" to "..oh yeah, she died in a place crash, right?" "oh  dude, I saw pictures and it was gruseome..her manager was decappitated.." "no...I think it's spelled d-e-c-a-p--i-t-a-t-e-d"- "my uncle had a pilot's licence..."
I have more fun with that than anything...
is that why I PM people more now?
short attention span?

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 8:27 am

short attention span?

The preferred term is 'Mild Retardation'

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 8:43 am

The preferred term is 'Mild Retardation'

I KNEW my mother was hiding something from me.
and it explalins my wearing a helmet to school.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 8:53 am

I KNEW my mother was hiding something from me.
and it explalins my wearing a helmet to school.

The injections for lunch didn't give it away?

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 9:08 am

The injections for lunch didn't give it away?

How could I figure that out if I"m so slow?

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 9:11 am

stay on topic, ya damn homophobes!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 9:33 am

It also seems to be alot more clique-ish than before and somewhat less friendly.  . :-\\

When I go off topic, I am sure that my intention is not to immensely bore the hell out of board members...it's just something that I do...oh well. ::)

The above quote from Quirk was edited  by Danootaandme in the spirit of satire

;)

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 9:49 am

stay on topic, ya damn homophobes!

See? There we go again.
Wait...what were we talking about?

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 10:23 am

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/10/porkins.jpg

STAY ON TARGET

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 10:30 am

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/10/porkins.jpg

STAY ON TARGET

When I first registered here, I looked all over for a shot of "Red Leader" for my avatar...but, of course, you knew that. :)

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 10:31 am

porkins died recently. that was a very sad day.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 10:34 am

<sigh>

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 10:41 am

dag. we both just applauded you too.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 10:52 am

I didn't wanna go here but since we're talking about it...

The biggest bloodbath I recall on this message board was for exactly the OPPOSITE reason of what you're taking about. someone started a shaggy-dog thread joking about this becks dude who'd only posted once on the board, and then after ten pages of hilarity and hijinks someone else went on and totally killed the buzz by questioning whether the thread was even necessary. Then ensued a massive flame war, chucky deleted the whole thread, and like ten fun people left as a result.

So yes, I too think you might be surprised if you asked some of the long-termers why they left.

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 10:54 am

The biggest bloodbath I recall on this message board was for exactly the OPPOSITE reason of what you're taking about. someone started a shaggy-dog thread joking about this becks dude who'd only posted once on the board, and then after ten pages of hilarity and hijinks someone else went on and totally killed the buzz by questioning whether the thread was even necessary. Then ensued a massive flame war, chucky deleted the whole thread, and like ten fun people left as a result.

So yes, I too think you might be surprised if you asked some of the long-termers why they left.

There is so much space here...people cant find places to be happy? besides...thread hijacking does not last forever...it almost always goes back to where it starts.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 10:54 am

Who left as a result?

And having read that particular thread I recall that one of the people concerned tried to go along with the thread and the jokes till the piss was taken.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 11:03 am

They must have felt "immensely frustrated and uptight"

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 11:13 am

Seriously speaking,  threads evolve, that happens.  What is problematic is when you get these long running conversations that
would be better taken care of in IMs or through email.  When you are posting in a topic and leave overnight, then try to catch
up but have to wade through a couple of pages of back and forth personal jokes between 2 or 3 people it gets boring, and
kills the momentum of a perfectly good topic. 

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 11:17 am

Who left as a result?

alcoholica and that dude with the professional wrestling avatar spring immediately to mind. doesn't necessarily preclude their coming back under different names/avatars but i don't believe they have. i recall there were a lot of other people who either left, threatened to leave, left but came back, or don't post as much as they used to because of that incident.

And having read that particular thread I recall that one of the people concerned tried to go along with the thread and the jokes till the piss was taken.
yeah, i posted lots on that thread. made an ass outta myself and laughed my butt off too. so what? i love a good shaggy dog joke, you're the one who's all down on it. so i'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

the only thing i'm saying is, y'all are claiming that people are leaving because threads are going off topic. i'm saying that the only example i can think of, people left because of kiljoy thread policing. refute me. prove me wrong.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:24 am

alcoholica and that dude with the professional wrestling avatar spring immediately to mind. doesn't necessarily preclude their coming back under different names/avatars but i don't believe they have. i recall there were a lot of other people who either left, threatened to leave, left but came back, or don't post as much as they used to because of that incident.
yeah, i posted lots on that thread. made an ass outta myself and laughed my butt off too. so what? i love a good shaggy dog joke, you're the one who's all down on it. so i'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

the only thing i'm saying is, y'all are claiming that people are leaving because threads are going off topic. i'm saying that the only example i can think of, people left because of kiljoy thread policing. refute me. prove me wrong.

One of those who left is back.  The other left for personal reasons.

I'm not saying that threads going off topic is the sole reason that people have left.  But having spoken to a few people it is one of the contributing factors

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 11:25 am

Yeah, I love roller coasters.

I don't know, I've seen a few of these chats go on for some time...BUT the longest ones, and the ones I've enjoyed the most are with the people I like, on a hijacked thread, changing the topic from 'what famous person do you look like" to "..oh yeah, she died in a place crash, right?" "oh  dude, I saw pictures and it was gruseome..her manager was decappitated.." "no...I think it's spelled d-e-c-a-p--i-t-a-t-e-d"- "my uncle had a pilot's licence..."
I have more fun with that than anything...
is that why I PM people more now?
short attention span?

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/02/06 at 11:29 am

I think Alcoholica is now Sister Morphine, maybe I'm mistake but I see a similarity there.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:31 am

I think Alcoholica is now Sister Morphine, maybe I'm mistake but I see a similarity there.

Unless he got a mate to pose for a picture it's not him

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg799306.html#new

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 11:34 am

;)

To put this as nice as I possibly can-- If you don't like certain threads that are going off topic, then either ignore it or, to put it nicely, f*ck off? Seriously, just stick to the "Omfg What's the last thing you ate or drank!?", "zOMG! What SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO..?!".. and all the other threads that strickly follow the topic matter. This is a message board consisting of thousands of people, and you expect everyone to stay on topic..? Dream on.

-Beth :)

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 11:40 am

http://www.junknugget.com/forum/images/smiles/oh_snap.gif

dayum. i believe y'all just got served.

*clapclapclap*

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:46 am

The thread going off topic thing is a symptom of the problem not the problem

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 11:48 am

someone's supposed to ask what the problem is now, right?

the problem is that america ever got involved in world war ii. that's the problem, everything kinda went downhill after that.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 11:57 am

Nope, it's not. Oh! Oh! I KNOW WHO IT IS..!!1 :D

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 12:03 pm

This is a message board consisting of thousands of people, and you expect everyone to stay on topic..? Dream on.

You all really need an applause sign? Hear! Hear!  My friends applaud you!
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/applause.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 12:25 pm

To put this as nice as I possibly can-- If you don't like certain threads that are going off topic, then either ignore it or, to put it nicely, f*ck off? Seriously, just stick to the "Omfg What's the last thing you ate or drank!?", "zOMG! What SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO..?!".. and all the other threads that strickly follow the topic matter. This is a message board consisting of thousands of people, and you expect everyone to stay on topic..? Dream on.

Ooooh someone got a bit of a temp. ::)`  You are sounding a bit uptight.  Relax... this is just a message board, I was giving my opinion, I do believe that was what this thread was all about.  Telling me to f*ck off (or not) is Chuckies job

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 12:29 pm

And I did say that topics do change, I don't have a problem with it, it is pages of private exclusionary conversations that are problematic.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 12:35 pm

Telling me to f*ck off (or not) is Chuckies job

Doesn't mean someone can't take it up as a hobby. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 12:39 pm

Doesn't mean someone can't take it up as a hobby. :)

Yes, but it really can be done with much more finesse.  This way sounds sooooo..uptight.  ;)

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 12:47 pm

guess it's a sore subject.

hey, at least this is a lively thread. and for the most part on topic.

it's just a shame so many innocent people had to die.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 12:53 pm

guess it's a sore subject.

hey, at least this is a lively thread. and for the most part on topic.

it's just a shame so many innocent people had to die.

The adrenaline (and the blood) is just starting to flow and I have to close up and get back to real life.  We must do this again
sometime.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 1:00 pm

La Roche say's..

"Know the role and shut the damn mouth"

So with that out of the way.

I'm sorry to perpetuate a long drawn out argument here but I've never once even considerd the fact that people going off topic is annoying. It's funny as sheesh.

But alas, the Forum Gestapo will always exist.

"ZIS! ZIS IS NOT ZE APPROPRIATE TOPIC FOR ZIS DISKUZZION AREA!"
"VER ARE YOUR TOPIC PAPERS?"

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 1:13 pm

Ooooh someone got a bit of a temp. ::)`  You are sounding a bit uptight.  Relax... this is just a message board, I was giving my opinion, I do believe that was what this thread was all about.  Telling me to f*ck off (or not) is Chuckies job

I'm sorry.. It's just that I don't like you as a human being. You kinda suck.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 1:17 pm

But hey, why don't we just put this all behind us and move on.. *Thumbs Up*

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 1:18 pm

This thread started as 1 person expressing boredom, and a couple of his friends piping in to agree, and how it used to be more lively and that they miss some of their old friends on here who have left, I didn't see the topic state anywhere that the people they miss had left because threads were being hijacked, personal conversations by 1 or 2 members were manipulating the topic, and the reason those people left was because people would not stay on topic. I think a couple of good intentioned people, in their opinion have tried to make a claim as to why people have left and this is one possibility. If anyone left because of this, that's pathetic, but I wish them well wherever they've gone. I bet most everyone who's left and who remain are guilty of straying onto a tangent, and I find it difficult to believe someone would pick up and leave because of it. I think it's bad that people would want to quench the spirit of members that go off into their own exclusive conversation . Let people be who they are, and have their fun. If you're trying to get into the actual topic, that shouldn't stop you from posting and giving a polite reminder. I've had to remind myself numerous times, and fellow members have chimed in as well. People have left, it's like attrition. I can guarantee all that I will go off topic again and again. I don't have the discipline that others here possess, to not veer off course.  This actually should generate some new inthe00s catch phrases   bottom line is the young man who started this misses his old pals and longs for things as they once were.. I hope he adds to this, because if this conversation about thread hijacking/going off on tangent is what he meant when he opened the thread, then I stand corrected.
and if this or any thread I engage on gets hijacked one more time, I quit!!!!!!!!   ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 1:21 pm

I'm sorry.. It's just that I don't like you as a human being. You kinda suck.  :)

Apparently you have some fans..

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 1:22 pm

I totally agree... and that is exactly what I do... if it doesn't interest me, I just don't read/post... and it's not a problem at all for me.   Seriously, guys... I wasn't trying to start a feud here, I was simply trying to make the connection that when people stop reading/posting, then the board seems dead..

And I can understand why people got upset about the Becks thread too... I don't think the fact that a thread seems useless to a couple people is any reason to lock the thread.   I'm sure I make threads sometimes that a couple people find useless, but I wouldn't want them to be locked if others are still posting in them.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 1:23 pm

Apparently you have some fans..

;D ;D Awesome.

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 1:25 pm

So, everyone really does love each other, byt just went off topic for a minute and forgot.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 1:30 pm

:\'( What's happening to this family? I hate it when mommy and daddy fight! :\'(

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 1:34 pm

:\'(What's happening to this family? I hate it when mommy and daddy fight! :\'(

Aw, honey.
Sometimes bad threads happen to good people.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 1:34 pm

Your adoring public awaits..

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 1:35 pm

UGH! You just had to use a bad picture of me >:-{ . Joik.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 1:52 pm

Goi, that's sure a fancy little picnic there.

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 1:56 pm

Goi, that's sure a fancy little picnic there.

Yeah. I'm a little jealous.  Sometimes a parade is just what you need to cheer right up.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 2:05 pm

:\'( What's happening to this family? I hate it when mommy and daddy fight! :\'(

OUCH, no finesse there, and we hardly even know each other.  ::)  Please, not in front of Tia, it upsets him so.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 2:05 pm

OUCH, no finesse there, and we hardly even know each other.  ::)  Please, not in front of Tia, it upsets him so.

How dare you insinuate that my Hetero-Life Partner is sensitive! >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/02/06 at 3:17 pm

Yeah. I'm a little jealous.  Sometimes a parade is just what you need to cheer right up.

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~arielbaz/NewYorkInPhotos/MacyThanksGivingParade/Macy's%20Thanksgiving%20Parade%2013.jpg

You mean this kind of parade? ;D

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 3:21 pm

You mean this kind of parade? ;D

Okay, if that's what you've got.....thanks, Howard!

Written By: Howard on 03/02/06 at 4:07 pm

Okay, if that's what you've got.....thanks, Howard!

You're Welcome. O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 4:33 pm

group hug!!!!  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 5:21 pm

;)

I'm not down for satire, so please refrain from taking my words and making them your own.  Maybe someday all this forum will consist of are uptight old bits...and then everyone left (which won't be many) will finally be content.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 5:42 pm

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK V-8

Introduction
Chevrolet's small-block V8 is one of the most famous automobile engines in history. Nicknamed "mouse motor" for its compact dimensions compared to other V8 engines of the time, production began in 1955 with the 265 in

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 5:44 pm

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/stoogenazty.jpg

ZIS TT-T-RED IST NICHT ABOUT ZEE CHEVY ZMOLL-BLOK V8! YOU VILL FOLLOW USTO ZEE STATION!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/06 at 5:50 pm

Fan of the big blocks myself was there ever anything better than a 442

http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/convertible/1969_Olds_442_conv.jpeg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 5:57 pm

Fan of the big blocks myself was there ever anything better than a 442

http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/convertible/1969_Olds_442_conv.jpeg
A brand-new Corvette Z06, which is still powered by a Chevy small block, would blow past your 442 like it was a Trabant.

(**praying that Tia's Gestapo henchmen don't come knocking on my door**)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/02/06 at 5:58 pm

Cars suck.  Talking walnuts are better.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:00 pm

(**praying that Tia's Gestapo henchmen don't come knocking on my door**)
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/squeeze.gif

VE VILL KRUSH YOUR DUMBKOPF LIKE ZIS UNFORTUNATE UNTERMENCH IF YOU DO NOT STAY ON ZEE TOPIK!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:02 pm

Cars suck.  Talking walnuts are better.
Yeah, but when's the last time you did a 20-foot burnout with a talking walnut?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 6:06 pm

Eh... I'll beat your 442 and your Vette.... with THIS. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 6:07 pm

That's it, I'm feeling very excluded. as the Eagles song goes, I'm Already Gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
screw it, I got no where else to go.  I'm here No Matter What.

What was the freakin topic by the way  ;D  seriously I forgot.  
oh yeah, the slow night that lasted 6 months. When did this slow night start ANDREW?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:08 pm

Eh... I'll beat your 442 and your Vette.... with THIS. ;D

Yeah...to the junkyard!! ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:12 pm

Oh yeah, and Odyssey? I'm still mad at you for dragging me kicking and screaming into that Engelbert thread.  ;D ;D :P :P

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:13 pm

dood! check out the souped-up gremlin!

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/AMXGT.jpg

that's kinda weirdly stylin'.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:15 pm

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/BoothRace2.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:15 pm

dood! check out the souped-up gremlin!

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/AMXGT.jpg

that's kinda weirdly stylin'.
I'll bet if you stuffed a big enough engine in that bad boy it could do some killer wheelstands.  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 6:16 pm

Oh yeah, and Odyssey? I'm still mad at you for dragging me kicking and screaming into that Engelbert thread.  ;D ;D :P :P

hahhaha sorry I couldn't resist... I will probably always think of you when I hear that name now. ;D  And get this visual of you trying to crawl out the window...

Written By: Apricot on 03/02/06 at 6:16 pm

oh yeah, the slow night that lasted 6 months. When did this slow night start ANDREW?

Awhile ago.. I think it was a bit after I returned that it really started to go downhill.

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:18 pm

Awhile ago.. I think it was a bit after I returned that it really started to go downhill.
i'm sure that's just a coincidence.

funny, i'd just joined, too.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:21 pm

hahhaha sorry I couldn't resist... I will probably always think of you when I hear that name now. ;D  And get this visual of you trying to crawl out the window...
Let me help you with the visual:

Picture this car (but a little more beat up),
http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B11080.jpg
going 60 mph down the highway with a 6-year-old boy hanging on to the side of it for dear life.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 6:22 pm

What was the freakin topic by the way  ;D  seriously I forgot.  

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/PoliceMet.jpg

don't look now but i think the topic police just pulled up.

EVERYBODY SCATTER! IT'S THE FUZZ!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 6:23 pm

looks like almost needed tear gas and rubber bullets to stop the near riot today  ;D  at least folks are expressing their opinions, their feelings, which is good even if I don't give a f---   :)  That was the evil mike that just said that.

http://www.matadorcoupe.com/AMC/PoliceMet.jpg

don't look now but i think the topic police just pulled up.

EVERYBODY SCATTER! IT'S THE FUZZ!
cute cop car, I've been inside biger ones and I bet you can't guess what for?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 6:27 pm

Let me help you with the visual:

Picture this car (but a little more beat up),
going 60 mph down the highway with a 6-year-old boy hanging on to the side of it for dear life.  ;D

LOL ;D

Man, I miss metal cars. :\'(

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:28 pm

cute cop car, I've been inside biger ones and I bet you can't guess what for?
Um...did it have anything to do with possession of a certain leafy green substance?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:33 pm

LOL ;D

Man, I miss metal cars. :\'(
That's why I have one of these:
http://dragtimes.com/images/1097957445DSC00037.JPG

Because for a newer car, it's the closest thing I could find to one of these:

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 6:37 pm

Um...did it have anything to do with possession of a certain leafy green substance?
hahhahhah, good detective work, Sweet Leaf.  and every other chemical and alcoholic consumable. My dad was a cop also, but he wasn't giving me a ride. that was part of my 70's experience, but I'm Mr. Clean/square guy now, married to the church lady, quite the different person, but love reminiscing

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:40 pm

hahhahhah, good detective work, Sweet Leaf.  and every other chemical and alcoholic consumable. My dad was a cop also, but he wasn't giving me a ride. that was part of my 70's experience, but I'm Mr. Clean/square guy now, married to the church lady, quite the different person, but love reminiscing
I have older brothers and sisters who grew up in the 70's, so I knew what went on back then.  ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 6:41 pm

That's why I have one of these:
http://dragtimes.com/images/1097957445DSC00037.JPG

That's cool... I have a 65 mustang coupe.. but it usually sits in my garage and I hardly ever drive it.  I want to trade up to a fastback one of these days though.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 6:42 pm

I have older brothers and sisters who grew up in the 70's, so I knew what went on back then.  ;)

:o You mean you didn't learn about the 70's from The Brady Bunch?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 6:47 pm

:o You mean you didn't learn about the 70's from The Brady Bunch?
I remember when the Brady Bunch was still on.

Written By: KKay on 03/02/06 at 7:01 pm

I remember when the Brady Bunch was still on.

I was the same age as Cindy when it was on.
So watch it!
:)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 7:04 pm

i'm sure that's just a coincidence.

funny, i'd just joined, too.
Coincidence?

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 9:22 pm

Coincidence?
it's the only rational explanation.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 9:26 pm

I just want to say that I have no clue what this thread is about.  Thank you. 

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 9:28 pm

I just want to say that I have no clue what this thread is about.  Thank you. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHEVROLET SMALL-BLOCK V-8

Introduction
Chevrolet's small-block V8 is one of the most famous automobile engines in history. Nicknamed "mouse motor" for its compact dimensions compared to other V8 engines of the time, production began in 1955 with the 265 in

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 9:34 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 9:37 pm

Yeah, you couldn't have linked that or something?

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 9:37 pm

the thread is about this...

http://www.bigstan.net/hooters.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 9:41 pm

Doesn't get much more brief than that.
Sure it does.

http://panzo.org/entryimg/fat_thong_big.jpg

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 9:44 pm

she has a pretty face. and very lovely hair.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 9:48 pm

Yeah, you couldn't have linked that or something?
No.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:03 pm

the thread is about this...

http://www.bigstan.net/hooters.jpg

Did her.

Sure it does.

Did her.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:05 pm

Did her.

Did her.

You're dirty.  :o :o :o

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:07 pm

You're dirty.  :o :o :o

Funny you should mention that, you must work closely with my team of Doctors.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:08 pm

WE'VE GOT A RUNNER!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 10:08 pm

Sure it does.

Ewwww.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:09 pm

Introduction

Written By: Tia on 03/02/06 at 10:10 pm

HILARIOUS.

fortunately, i'm so innocent-minded i don't even know what you mean by "did her." did her what?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:11 pm

HILARIOUS.

fortunately, i'm so innocent-minded i don't even know what you mean by "did her." did her what?

did her laundry...silly! :D ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:15 pm

Ewwww.
You're also dirty.  :o :o :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:16 pm

HILARIOUS.

Aw, that's so cute

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:16 pm

You're also dirty.  :o :o :o

dirty? or....DIRRTY? ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:17 pm

Thanks Al...I know I definitely needed to read that again! ;) ;D
Did you learn anything?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:18 pm

Did you learn anything?

of course I did! ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 10:20 pm

Thanks Al...I know I definitely needed to read that again! ;) ;D

...and again in your quotebox, Erin! ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:22 pm

...and again in your quotebox, Erin! ;D

it's so warm and cozy in there! ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:23 pm

of course I did! ;)
Great! It's always nice to learn something new, isn't it?

You know, you try and put something informative and educational out there, and some people just get all bent out of shape about it... ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:26 pm

Great! It's always nice to learn something new, isn't it?

You know, you try and put something informative and educational out there, and some people just get all bent out of shape about it... ;)

:D ;D ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:27 pm

:D ;D ;)

;) :-*

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 10:29 pm

HILARIOUS.

It's another of saying he had sex with her.

If you say you "did" someone, it means you f*cked them.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:30 pm

Who you callin He?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 10:32 pm

Who you callin He?

I don't know who made the original quote.  I thought it was a guy.  Geez.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:33 pm

I think someone has a case of the "Mondays."

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 10:33 pm

;) :-*

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/misc/pain30.gif

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:36 pm

I think someone has a case of the "Mondays."

No, it's just herpes, it'll clear.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 10:37 pm

I don't know what kind of sense of humor you have, but I'm telling you now that I don't find that kind of joking funny and would appreciate it if you didn't include me in it.  That's gross and very, very rude.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:37 pm

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:41 pm

Well, It's not..

..Now you must be sodomized with 2 wrought iron candelabras.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:42 pm

I don't know what kind of sense of humor you have, but I'm telling you now that I don't find that kind of joking funny and would appreciate it if you didn't include me in it.  That's gross and very, very rude.

HALT EET EEZ ZE STD GESTAPO!

I sense some negativity.
I'm guessing you had a bad experience.
I have a phone number I think you might want to call...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 10:43 pm

HALT EET EEZ ZE STD GESTAPO!

I sense some negativity.
I'm guessing you had a bad experience.
I have a phone number I think you might want to call...

If you think I'm kidding, I'm not.  Seriously, just f*cking stop.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:45 pm

Right.. watch.

This.. is where I stop referring to you in any.. way, shape, form, sound or smell, Ok.
Everything i say hereon in, is totally and utterly not related to you in any fashion.

Have your crabs gone yet?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:46 pm

Bend O'er! *said in exaggerated hick twang*

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/4907294/32394.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:46 pm

Introduction

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:48 pm

Bend O'er! *said in exaggerated hick twang*

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/4907294/32394.jpg

You got purrdy lips.

Introduction

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:48 pm

Introduction

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 10:50 pm

Introduction

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:50 pm

OMFG AL! Oh no you didn't!
Oops, that was an accident.

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 10:52 pm

Oops, that was an accident.

Al..

Come on now.

Unless that infestation you had in your right testicle has got to your brain, you know you did that on purpose!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/02/06 at 10:52 pm

Al..

Come on now.

Unless that infestation you had in your right testicle has got to your brain, you know you did that on purpose!

OMG! TESTICLE! LOL!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 10:54 pm

Al..

Come on now.

;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 10:55 pm

Introduction

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 11:00 pm

;)

....  :\'(

I'm ever so sorry Al. Really I am. I didn't mean anything by it. It's just my way. Al, please, please don't be mad.
I'll clean your truck..  :\'(

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 11:03 pm

....  :\'(

I'm ever so sorry Al. Really I am. I didn't mean anything by it. It's just my way. Al, please, please don't be mad.
I'll clean your truck..  :\'(

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 11:07 pm

:\'( I could write some perverted slogans in the dirt of your truck?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 11:08 pm

:\'( I could write some perverted slogans in the dirt of your truck?

You mean like, something to do with herpes?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/02/06 at 11:11 pm

Introduction

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 11:16 pm

Actually, this guy claims that the Chevy engines were made by Volkswagen...

Volkswagen Motors
Oh man, you're EVIL!!! >:( >:( >:(

Seriously, I gotta get. I was going to get out of the house and do something tonight. Oh, and by the way, can someone relay a message to our friend Sister Morphine:  ;)

Introduction

Written By: La Roche on 03/02/06 at 11:19 pm

You mean like, something to do with herpes?

I was thinking something along the lines of..

"Your wife is as dirty as my truck"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/03/06 at 1:12 am

I COMMAND THE CHEVROLET SMALL-BLOCK V-8 to never appear on this thread again!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/03/06 at 3:22 am

Yes, but it really can be done with much more finesse.  This way sounds sooooo..uptight.   ;)

Not so much uptight but perhaps lacking something?

Like adequate comprehension.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/03/06 at 3:26 am

Is that a joke?  Surely you can't be seriously making that judgement about her from a freakin' message board.

JESUS CHRIST!?!

I've had it with this poxed up hole...I'm offski

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/03/06 at 3:35 am

Introduction
Chevrolet's small-block V8 is one of ...<deleted text>... feedback carburetors.

LM1s were superseded with the LO5 powerplant after 1988.

I learnt something today! Not that knowing all that will help me, ever.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/03/06 at 3:53 am

I learnt something today! Not that knowing all that will help me, ever.
Hey Luke, what about my command. I must be losing my powers.  :) 

well, it's 1:52am and it's a slow night, and I like it.

Written By: Tia on 03/03/06 at 6:18 am

look. i heard rumors that bombshells were being dropped on this thread but i had to scroll through several pages of irrelevant posts to get to them. could we stay on topic with this thread, please? and the topic is NOT herpes, and it's NOT chevy small-block V8s. it's hooters.

and if you think i'm kidding, i'm not! >:(

to claify, i'd had it up to HERE with people quoting this. i provide it here merely for purposes of illustration.

Introduction

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 6:47 am

^ now THAT'S the kind of comedy I like to read first thing in the morning...what went on in here?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/06 at 6:52 am

^ now THAT'S the kind of comedy I like to read first thing in the morning...what went on in here?

a whole bunch of stuff....some people were expressing their thoughts concerning going off topic....then it just got silly/funny from that point on! :D ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/03/06 at 6:53 am

mistakes were made, and regrettably, lives were lost.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 6:58 am

a whole bunch of stuff....some people were expressing their thoughts concerning going off topic....then it just got silly/funny from that point on! :D ;D

nothing they hate more than going off topic when the topic is going off topic.
we can't lay that to rest yet, eh.
hmmmmm.

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 8:27 am

Not so much uptight but perhaps lacking something?

Like adequate comprehension.

Or prehaps lacking..

HERPES!

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 8:33 am

Or prehaps lacking..

HERPES!

There is no lack of that here...it leads to insanity, right?
or is tha syphyllis?

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 8:38 am

There is no lack of that here...it leads to insanity, right?
or is tha syphyllis?

May be syphyllis, not sure. Ask Stormy.

Better yet, ask Al, truckers get 'em all. ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/03/06 at 9:26 am

May be syphyllis, not sure. Ask Stormy.

Better yet, ask Al, truckers get 'em all. ;D
don't know what kind of sense of humor you have, but I'm telling you now that I don't find that kind of joking funny and would appreciate it if you didn't include me in it.  That's gross and very, very rude.
;D ;D ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/03/06 at 9:30 am

I COMMAND THE CHEVROLET SMALL-BLOCK V-8 to never appear on this thread again!
It was an accident! I swear!

But yeah, I can see where it's getting old and I won't do it anymore.

Unless someone really, really asks for it.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 9:47 am

don't know what kind of sense of humor you have, but I'm telling you now that I don't find that kind of joking funny and would appreciate it if you didn't include me in it.  That's gross and very, very rude.
;D ;D ;D

;D

I love the new avatar.

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 12:15 pm

;D ;D ;D

TRUCKERS DO IT FASTER!

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 12:24 pm

There are many many slow nights that last 6 months in Norway, only there's more fighting.
I should be used to this, genetically.

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 12:38 pm

There are many many slow nights that last 6 months in Norway, only there's more fighting.
I should be used to this, genetically.

Ah yes, but then there are the 6 month day's.

Written By: KKay on 03/03/06 at 1:23 pm

Ah yes, but then there are the 6 month day's.

That's why you get cable routed to the sub-basement.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/06 at 2:50 pm

group hug!!!!  :)

Group Hug.

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/03/06 at 3:08 pm

Having read this thread, it's no wonder to me why people leave this board. Some of the posts here are downright insulting and rude. There is no excuse for kicking someone who's already down. >:(

And please don't tell me it was "all in good sport" 'cause you know d*mn well it wasn't.

Written By: Tia on 03/03/06 at 4:02 pm

i dunno, seemed like everybody gave as good as they got, and we all made up at the end. i could be wrong...

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/03/06 at 4:09 pm

i dunno, seemed like everybody gave as good as they got, and we all made up at the end. i could be wrong...

I don't think you've read it all, especially the last four or five pages.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/03/06 at 4:27 pm

I was having a good time, then all of the sudden I was told to f*ck off(twice!) and that as a human being I kinda s*ck.  Pretty
harsh, but me being me, well yeah, whatever... Those boarders obviously aren't prepared to take what they have been known to
dish out. I do know that sometimes there is a feeding frenzy on a harmless boarder who really isn't asking for it,
for no reason whatsoever. Some have left the boards because of this kinda drivel, and that is a shame.

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 4:39 pm

ZE VEAK SHALL BE PUNISHED, ZE UNDESIRABLES SHALL BE ELIMINATED!

Written By: Tia on 03/03/06 at 4:48 pm

i don't think you were quite told to eff off, exactly -- beth sed that people who were policing threads should either shut up or eff off, which, yes, is rather strongly phrased but not uncharacteristically so. beth threatens to slit my throat on a fairly regular basis. as for the "you suck as a person" thing i thought maybe she was kidding (doesn't that smiley face make everything okay? i wasn't sure) or there's something behind the scenes i don't, and don't want to, know about. but who knows?

as for my "take it up as a hobby" thing, i couldn't resist -- the "that's chucky's job" seemed like a bit of a false appeal to authority.

Written By: La Roche on 03/03/06 at 4:50 pm

i don't think you were quite told to eff off, exactly -- beth sed that people who were policing threads should either shut up or eff off, which, yes, is rather strongly phrased but not uncharacteristically so. beth threatens to slit my throat on a fairly regular basis. as for the "you suck as a person" thing i thought maybe she was kidding (doesn't that smiley face make everything okay? i wasn't sure) or there's something behind the scenes i don't, and don't want to, know about. but who knows?

as for my "take it up as a hobby" thing, i couldn't resist -- the "that's chucky's job" seemed like a bit of a false appeal to authority.

She came to my academy of the violent arts.. PhD in assault and battery.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/03/06 at 5:01 pm

I knew you were kidding, you get a feeling for people who are willing to take as well as give, but she did actually tell me to f*ck off, I generally take people seriously when they get to that point. If she had threatened to slit my throat, well to me that is all good fun, but to say I suck as a person, smiley face or not, well I just could not feel the love in any part of that.  I am thick skinned though and my attitude, as I said, is well whatever.  I did get a message from another boarder who had encountered this kind of thing, and wasn't looking for it, didn't want to become engaged in it, but was given the treatment, you know snide, backdoor, comments(which I admit to making, but only to those who are up for that sort of thing).  That isn't right. 

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/03/06 at 5:10 pm

I was having a good time, then all of the sudden I was told to f*ck off(twice!) and that as a human being I kinda s*ck.  Pretty
harsh, but me being me, well yeah, whatever... Those boarders obviously aren't prepared to take what they have been known to
dish out. I do know that sometimes there is a feeding frenzy on a harmless boarder who really isn't asking for it,
for no reason whatsoever. Some have left the boards because of this kinda drivel, and that is a shame.

That was not what I was referring to.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/03/06 at 5:18 pm

I knew you were kidding, you get a feeling for people who are willing to take as well as give, but she did actually tell me to f*ck off, I generally take people seriously when they get to that point. If she had threatened to slit my throat, well to me that is all good fun, but to say I suck as a person, smiley face or not, well I just could not feel the love in any part of that.  I am thick skinned though and my attitude, as I said, is well whatever.  I did get a message from another boarder who had encountered this kind of thing, and wasn't looking for it, didn't want to become engaged in it, but was given the treatment, you know snide, backdoor, comments(which I admit to making, but only to those who are up for that sort of thing).  That isn't right. 

I'm with you 100%

and the snide clicketty cliqueness of the 'gang' gets right on my &*^%

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/03/06 at 5:24 pm

Unless he got a mate to pose for a picture it's not him

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg799306.html#new

I do know what Alcoholica looked like and clearly SM is totally different, er and female

all the same...I must be mistaken??

Written By: danootaandme on 03/03/06 at 5:25 pm

That was not what I was referring to.

The past few pages that you were referring to are a continuation of what has been going on here for a couple of days

Written By: FaultyDog on 03/03/06 at 5:40 pm

The past few pages that you were referring to are a continuation of what has been going on here for a couple of days

I didn't think I would have to be this specific, but since you're asking...

Scroll back, start reading here:

...and tell me what you make of the posts AFTER Sister Morphine left the conversation. Someone was just having fun? My a$$!

Written By: Apricot on 03/03/06 at 5:46 pm

Having read this thread, it's no wonder to me why people leave this board. Some of the posts here are downright insulting and rude. There is no excuse for kicking someone who's already down. >:(

And please don't tell me it was "all in good sport" 'cause you know d*mn well it wasn't.

Wow, what did I miss?

Check for new replies or respond here...