inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How old can someone be and still be attractive/hot?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 2:53 am

I would say 55, although 15-35 is really the main "hot" age range IMO.

Subject: Re: How old can someone be and still be attractive/hot?

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 2:58 am

I think in most cases, it depends between "everyday" people and celebrities. Of course in the celebs' case, it could be plastic surgery and such, but because of all their money, they probably do take better care of themselves at times.

I'd say 45 for average, and 60 for celebrities, maybe even early '60s. I know when I was 12 or so, I thought alot of average looking 40 year old women were hot. :D

Although I'd agree 15-35 and maybe 40 is more the typical "hot" age viewed by the public.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:00 am

I would say 55, although 15-35 is really the main "hot" age range IMO.

It's all relative depending on your age, but I would say 45. I think there are women in their early 40s that are still pretty attractive, but there are women in their mid 30s that may look older too. Some in their 50s still look good for their age, but I think they're kind of past the "hot" point by then.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:01 am

I think in most cases, it depends between "everyday" people and celebrities. Of course in the celebs' case, it could be plastic surgery and such, but because of all their money, they probably do take better care of themselves at times.

I'd say 45 for average, and 60 for celebrities, maybe even early '60s. I know when I was 12 or so, I thought alot of average looking 40 year old women were hot. :D

Although I'd agree 15-35 and maybe 40 is more the typical "hot" age viewed by the public.

Oh yeah, without a doubt.

I don't really like plastic surgery. Like Paula Abdul, for instance, doesn't look bad but looks kind of "stretched", if you know what I mean.  I'm not sure she's had plastic surgery but her look now demonstrates what I mean.

But 17-35 is really the peak, for women anyway.  Men can look good at 70 to women probably!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:02 am

It's all relative depending on your age, but I would say 45. I think there are women in their early 40s that are still pretty attractive, but there are women in their mid 30s that may look older too. Some in their 50s still look good for their age, but I think they're kind of past the "hot" point by then.

Yeah, I'd agree. 45-55 is where they can sort of look "pretty", as opposed to hot.  They don't necessarily look ugly, but they don't look hot either.

Except for Madonna.  For some reason, she still is.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:02 am

Oh yeah, without a doubt.

I don't really like plastic surgery. Like Paula Abdul, for instance, doesn't look bad but looks kind of "stretched", if you know what I mean.  I'm not sure she's had plastic surgery but her look now demonstrates what I mean.

But 17-35 is really the peak, for women anyway.  Men can look good at 70 to women probably!

Some days she looks good, other days though she looks kinda old. I guess it depends on how well she applies her makeup, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:04 am

Some days she looks good, other days though she looks kinda old. I guess it depends on how well she applies her makeup, lol.

That's true.

I say, their natural self probably looks like their worst appearance/picture.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:04 am

Yeah, I'd agree. 45-55 is where they can sort of look "pretty", as opposed to hot.  They don't necessarily look ugly, but they don't look hot either.

Madonna looks hot with tons of makeup caked on her face, and photoshop type fixing up. Like in her video "Sorry", I'm like man she looks young for 47, but then I see a photo of her at some event and she looks horrible.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:06 am

Madonna looks hot with tons of makeup caked on her face, and photoshop type fixing up. Like in her video "Sorry", I'm like man she looks young for 47, but then I see a photo of her at some event and she looks horrible.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, LOL.  Even Britney doesn't look so good anymore.

Written By: rich1981 on 02/25/06 at 3:07 am

Men can look good at 70 to women probably!

That is true, there are women who still think Bob Barker is hot, and he is 82!

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:07 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, LOL.  Even Britney doesn't look so good anymore.

Yea since she married Federline (unemployed loser), she stopped caring about her appearance and kinda went down the tubes.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:08 am

Yea since she married Federline (unemployed loser), she stopped caring about her appearance and kinda went down the tubes.

Not to mention, had a baby.  That really ruined her career, IMO.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 3:08 am

Yeah, that's more like "matured pretty", although a modern 45 year old was born in 1961!!! I think we're likely to see that change (they are saying 40 is the new 30, and I really believe it) by 2020 or so, though.

BTW, Paula Abdul is around 43 now, and IMO doesn't look hardly any different than in 1991. A bit more "mature" but her '91 self wouldn't be freaked out if she met her 2006 self at all.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/25/06 at 3:10 am

I think we need to bump that "hot" age bracket up a few years, and not on the high end.

I think it's a tad distasteful to refer to a 15 year old as "hot".  A 15 year old is still a child, and not legal in several states.  Someone who isn't even old enough to vote, should not be considered in the bracket for "hot".

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:11 am

Yeah, that's more like "matured pretty", although a modern 45 year old was born in 1961!!! I think we're likely to see that change (they are saying 40 is the new 30, and I really believe it) by 2020 or so, though.

BTW, Paula Abdul is around 43 now, and IMO doesn't look hardly any different than in 1991. A bit more "mature" but her '91 self wouldn't be freaked out if she met her 2006 self at all.

Plus, it's entirely likely that the modern 40 year old may live to 100 or more, which actually makes them "younger" even in a literal sense.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:11 am

Not to mention, had a baby.  That really ruined her career, IMO.  ;D

She now has to care for 2 babies, Sean and Kevin, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:14 am

I think we need to bump that "hot" age bracket up a few years, and not on the high end.

I think it's a tad distasteful to refer to a 15 year old as "hot".  A 15 year old is still a child, and not legal in several states.  Someone who isn't even old enough to vote, should not be considered in the bracket for "hot".

Well, I'm 16, so that's why I said 15-35. :)  I don't think 30 year olds, or even 18 year olds should be screwing 15 year olds (hear that, R. Kelly?  ;D)
But yes, 17 or 18 is really when they start looking "hot".

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:17 am

I'm 18 now so I would be referring to girls 18 and up only.

Written By: YWN on 02/25/06 at 3:20 am

It is my experience that people over 70 can still be sexy....and quite talented in the sack.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 3:21 am

Well, I'm 16, so that's why I said 15-35. :)  I don't think 30 year olds, or even 18 year olds should be screwing 15 year olds (hear that, R. Kelly?  ;D)
But yes, 17 or 18 is really when they start looking "hot".

Oh boy, I hate to be a sexist POS (even if it's essentially my past self talking here), but I'll tell ya, if a 30 year old woman had said I was "hot" when I was 15 I would not have minded one bit. :D

But in all seriousness I agree. You know what? Even though Britney Spears is MY age, in 1999 and 2000 I still felt like she was too young for me to think she was "hot", just because she was marketed so much younger back then. She also acted a few years younger than 17-18 at the time.

P.S. For the record, I'd put my personal "hot" scale at like 19-45 now.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:23 am

I'm 18 now so I would be referring to girls 18 and up only.

Yeah.  When I'm 18, I will too.  I think statuary rape laws are pretty harsh in cases of like 18 vs. 17 or something like that, but it's pretty indecent to be like 40 and like say the 2003 Hilary Duff or something.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:25 am

Oh boy, I hate to be a sexist POS (even if it's essentially my past self talking here), but I'll tell ya, if a 30 year old woman had said I was "hot" when I was 15 I would not have minded one bit. :D

But in all seriousness I agree. You know what? Even though Britney Spears is MY age, in 1999 and 2000 I still felt like she was too young for me to think she was "hot", just because she was marketed so much younger back then. She also acted a few years younger than 17-18 at the time.

P.S. For the record, I'd put my personal "hot" scale at like 19-45 now.

Yeah.

I mean, technically even a 14 year old can be attractive sexually, but it would be perverted and dirty to find them hot, or at least to admit to thinking they were (JoJo, for instance, was 13 in 2004, but looked like Lindsay Lohan's age basically, for instance).

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 3:27 am

I voted for 70.  There are some women in their 70's and older who look like they are still in their 40's

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 3:28 am

Yeah.

I mean, technically even a 14 year old can be attractive sexually, but it would be perverted and dirty to find them hot, or at least to admit to thinking they were (JoJo, for instance, was 13 in 2004, but looked like Lindsay Lohan's age basically, for instance).

It's hard where to put the line on things like that, but I don't think, say a 19 year old thinking a 16 year old is "hot" should be put on the same level as a 40 year old man thinking that way about a 12 year old girl. That's where it's perverted and wrong, to say the least.

But also some people look way different than their real age. I do think Britney for better or worse, kinda ushered in the "13 year old girls looking 17" both in the media and real life. Even if she herself kinda acted the opposite, ironically.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:28 am

I agree, however take into account that the originator of the thread is 16. 15 isn't that young to someone else that age. I say attractive/hot low end is 22. Schools out!  max acceptable high for female is 55, 59 male and optimum range is 25-35 for maximum hotness and this is all based on opinion

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:30 am

I like my women like I like my wine.

Shoot, WTF am I even saying? I'm so tired..
  ;D  :D  you're delirious  a friend at work told me she likes her men like she likes her coffee, dark and bitter.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:31 am

;D  :D  you're delirious  a friend at work told me she likes her men like she likes her coffee, dark and bitter.

I'm that way too, at night.  The "late night" highs are mostly a chick thing, but I get them too.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/25/06 at 3:32 am

Once you go black you never go back.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:32 am

Watch the movie Harold and Maude, young man hooks up with granny tupe old lady and fall in love. It's a comedy. they really like each others company and though it's a tad bizarre, it has some good moments

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:33 am

It's hard where to put the line on things like that, but I don't think, say a 19 year old thinking a 16 year old is "hot" should be put on the same level as a 40 year old man thinking that way about a 12 year old girl. That's where it's perverted and wrong, to say the least.

But also some people look way different than their real age. I do think Britney for better or worse, kinda ushered in the "13 year old girls looking 17" both in the media and real life. Even if she herself kinda acted the opposite, ironically.

I guess you just have to draw a line somewhere, but look at it this way. 19 year olds shouldn't really be going out with 16 year olds, I guess it's ok to think the 16 year old is attractive, but it's not ok to date them.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:33 am

Once you go black you never go back.
I think her hubby is hispanic like me, and that was dark enough for her.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:35 am

I guess you just have to draw a line somewhere, but look at it this way. 19 year olds shouldn't really be going out with 16 year olds, I guess it's ok to think the 16 year old is attractive, but it's not ok to date them.

Well, sometimes you just can't help it.  You can't blame someone for liking an underage girl any more than you can blame someone for liking pizza.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 3:36 am

Watch the movie Harold and Maude, young man hooks up with granny tupe old lady and fall in love. It's a comedy. they really like each others company and though it's a tad bizarre, it has some good moments
harold and maude is awesome.

um, maude is not hot though.

doesn't anyone on this board ever sleep? y'all up all night, thinking about gettin' wiggy with 70-year-olds. that tears it, i'm reporting this site to the FBI. something isn't right here.

i had a coworker who was sixty, addicted jogger, dressed in catholic schoolgirl outfits. i've had impure thoughts about her.  :-[ i always used to say, man, i bet she was hotter than hell back when Johnson was president.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:37 am

Well, sometimes you just can't help it.  You can't blame someone for liking an underage girl any more than you can blame someone for liking pizza.

Yea I guess.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 3:37 am

Very well put. I do think once you're on the other side of things, you do look at it differently.

I mean, like I said I would've LOVED to hear a 30-something woman think of me as "hot" when I was 15 or hell, even 13. Just because I like older women and all! Yet, on the same token I felt guilty/slightly "dirty old man-ish" at only age 17 for liking Britney Spears (who was my age!), so you get more concious when you get to the other side of the fence, I suppose.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:39 am

Yea I guess.

Well, yea you can blame them for really young, like 13, but thinking say, Jessica Alba was hot at age 17 is not really your fault, if they look 21.  Now, if you acted on such a thing, it is your fault and you should be charged with a sex crime.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 3:40 am

shouldn't feel guilty for your thoughts. i figure if someone's got the developed hardware (i.e., secondary sexual characteristics) i'm not gonna feel bad for taking the occasional second look.

now if you're grooving on ten-year-olds or hanging around schoolyards in a van, tossing out lollipops tied to fishing wire, that's something else.

funny how talking about how old is acceptable has automatically started a subdiscussion of how young is acceptable.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:42 am

shouldn't feel guilty for your thoughts. i figure if someone's got the developed hardware (i.e., secondary sexual characteristics) i'm not gonna feel bad for taking the occasional second look.

now if you're grooving on ten-year-olds or hanging around schoolyards in a van, tossing out lollipops tied to fishing wire, that's something else.

funny how talking about how old is acceptable has automatically started a subdiscussion of how young is acceptable.

Well, yeah.  "Pizza" probably wasn't the best example; I mean everyone likes pizza  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:42 am

Well, yea you can blame them for really young, like 13, but thinking say, Jessica Alba was hot at age 17 is not really your fault, if they look 21.  Now, if you acted on such a thing, it is your fault and you should be charged with a sex crime.

Well yea that's the difference. I think it's perfectly ok for a 19 year old to think a 16 year old is attractive, but like I said they shouldn't get involved with them. Now a 40 year old guy looking at 16 year olds is pretty perverted.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:43 am

harold and maude is awesome.

um, maude is not hot though.

doesn't anyone on this board ever sleep? y'all up all night, thinking about gettin' wiggy with 70-year-olds. that tears it, i'm reporting this site to the FBI. something isn't right here.

i had a coworker who was sixty, addicted jogger, dressed in catholic schoolgirl outfits. i've had impure thoughts about her.  :-[ i always used to say, man, i bet she was hotter than hell back when Johnson was president.
what the heck are you doing up Tia. Who played Maude,  whats her name. I love the attemted suicides by Harold. He was Bud Cort.  a 60year old in catholic schoolgirl outfit. My wife is 46, but ain't no way she's gonna put one of them on. I'm still working on trying to get her to put on the leather skirt.
I think the age doesn't matter as much as the personality, the maturity, & experience. you can't make an automatic opinion based on age. unless she/he is an octagenarian, then there is no problem

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:44 am

Well yea that's the difference. I think it's perfectly ok for a 19 year old to think a 16 year old is attractive, but like I said they shouldn't get involved with them. Now a 40 year old guy looking at 16 year olds is pretty perverted.

Yeah, exactly.  

If say a 19 year-old had sex with a 16-year old, I think they should be charged with a lesser sex crime (calling it rape, if it's consensual is a bit harsh).  If it's a 40-year-old though, they should be locked up in jail and charged with rape, even if it's consensual.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 3:47 am

what the heck are you doing up Tia. Who played Maude,  whats her name. I love the attemted suicides by Harold. He was Bud Cort.  a 60year old in catholic schoolgirl outfit. My wife is 46, but ain't no way she's gonna put one of them on. I'm still working on trying to get her to put on the leather skirt.
I think the age doesn't matter as much as the personality, the maturity, & experience. you can't make an automatic opinion based on age. unless she/he is an octagenarian, then there is no problem
i sacked out in front of the tube at 10:30 but then got up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. i'm doing a lot of that lately. i felt that somewhere, someone might be talking about 60-year-olds dressed like catholic girls and lollipops tied with fishing wire and that my services were therefore required.

i have to work tomorrow-slash-today!  :\'( no hangin' around retirement homes trollin' for action for me.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:50 am

Yeah, exactly. 

If say a 19 year-old had sex with a 16-year old, I think they should be charged with a lesser sex crime (calling it rape, if it's consensual is a bit harsh).  If it's a 40-year-old though, they should be locked up in jail and charged with rape, even if it's consensual.

In a lot of states I think the age of consent is actually 16 or 17 for that reason. So it's not rape at that point, but there's other changes that you could be charged if say a 40 year old lures a 16 year old into having sex. I don't know all the specifics though.

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/25/06 at 3:51 am

Yeah, exactly.  

If say a 19 year-old had sex with a 16-year old, I think they should be charged with a lesser sex crime (calling it rape, if it's consensual is a bit harsh).  If it's a 40-year-old though, they should be locked up in jail and charged with rape, even if it's consensual.

Without getting too "political" I agree. Especially if, say they're boyfriend/girlfriend and one of them turns 18 before the other one, that's kinda harsh.

On the other hand, with anyone over, say 25 or 30 is just gross. Hell I even think a 40 year old having sex with a 20 or 21 year old (even though they're an adult) almost seems kinda dirty old man-esque.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/25/06 at 3:51 am

Without getting too "political" I agree. Especially if, say they're boyfriend/girlfriend and one of them turns 18 before the other one, that's kinda harsh. Hell, I even think a 40 year old having sex with a 20 or 21 year old (even though they're an adult) almost seems kinda dirty old man-esque.

Yea it's not like legally wrong, but it's kinda weird.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 3:53 am

all 40-year-olds should just fnikcug die already.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 3:54 am

i mean 35-year-olds. sorry.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:54 am

In a lot of states I think the age of consent is actually 16 or 17 for that reason. So it's not rape at that point, but there's other changes that you could be charged if say a 40 year old lures a 16 year old into having sex. I don't know all the specifics though.

Yeah.

I think 18 should be the rule, just so it doesn't get loopholed too much, but I don't like the term "statuory rape".  I mean, that's kind of insulting the intelligence of the victim.  Rape is force, statuory rape is a different type of sex crime.  It can be nearly as bad, but it's not rape.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 3:56 am

Without getting too "political" I agree. Especially if, say they're boyfriend/girlfriend and one of them turns 18 before the other one, that's kinda harsh.

On the other hand, with anyone over, say 25 or 30 is just gross. Hell I even think a 40 year old having sex with a 20 or 21 year old (even though they're an adult) almost seems kinda dirty old man-esque.

Agreed.  I mean, it's not exactly rape, but since the 30 or 40 something guy has to be somewhat of a perv in the first place to do it, he should be prosecuted with a sex crime of some sort.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 3:57 am

i sacked out in front of the tube at 10:30 but then got up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. i'm doing a lot of that lately. i felt that somewhere, someone might be talking about 60-year-olds dressed like catholic girls and lollipops tied with fishing wire and that my services were therefore required.

i have to work tomorrow-slash-today!  :\'( no hangin' around retirement homes trollin' for action for me.
some radical ESP going on there. Man you are dialed in! it's all about the hotness age ramge

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 4:02 am

Here's a bit of info on older babes and I hope it's not too long:

Older Women Make Better Lovers, Don't They?

An older woman will never wake you up in the middle of the night and ask you, "What are you thinking?" An older woman doesn't care what you think.
An older woman is a cheaper date. A younger woman will cost you 12 beers, but an older woman will sleep with you after a cup of herbal tea.
An older woman can wear bright red lipstick during the day without looking like she just had an adventure inside a jam jar.
Older women can run faster because they're always wearing sensible shoes.
An older woman is almost always already attached to someone, so there's no need to develop a phobia about committing to her. The last thing she needs in her life is another clingy, whiny, dependent man.
Older women are more honest. An older woman will tell you that you are a jerk if you're acting like one. A young woman will say nothing, fearing you might get mad and break up with her.
An older woman always carries a condom in her purse. A younger woman is still hoping the guy might have one on him.
An older woman will never get pregnant, then suddenly demand that the two of you get married. In fact, if you impregnate an older woman, you will probably be the last to know.
Older women have jobs with dental plans. Younger women can't help you when your teeth get knocked out playing hockey.
Older women take charge of the situation. An older woman will call you up and ask you for a date. A younger woman will wait forever by the phone for you to call.
An older woman will agree to go to McDonald's with you for a meal. Younger women are too nervous to eat anything in front of somebody whom they might boff later.
Older women know how to cook. Young women know how to dial Pizza Hut take out.
Older women are psychic. You never have to confess to having an affair, because somehow they always know.
Older women often own an interesting collection of lingerie that they have acquired from admirers over the years. Young women often don't wear underpants at all, thus practically eliminating all possibility of a striptease.
Older women know what Kegel exercises are.
Older women are dignified. They are beyond having a screaming match with you in the middle of the night in a public park.
Older women are experienced. They understand that sometimes, after 12 beers, a guy just can't get it up. A younger woman may need some time to grasp this fact.
An older woman will introduce you to all of her girlfriends. A younger woman will avoid her girlfriends when she's with you, in case you get any ideas...
An older woman has lots of girlfriends ... and most of them will want to screw you too.
An older woman will always meet the minimum height requirement to go on an amusement ride.
An older woman will never accuse you of stealing the best years of her youth because chances are someone else has stolen them first.
An older woman will never accuse you of using her. She's using you.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 4:04 am

some radical ESP going on there. Man you are dialed in! it's all about the hotness age ramge
it's a contentious issue! wow. i better stop posting in this thread before the truth comes out that i won't get with anyone who isn't either under 18 or over 50. i like extremes!

haha. just kidding.

maybe.

my last two GFs were both 10-years younger than me. i went out with this woman in college who was something like 7 years older than me, and felt like i was getting really out there. those are the extremes in my history. but one friend of mine went out with a 50-something woman when he was thirtyish. that went on for a few months before he decided it was too weird. and this is where it gets really controversial: a female friend of mine once drunkenly admitted, in her late 20s, to be willing to go as young as 13. another friend of mine claims to have gone to third base with a 13-year-old at some point in his 20s. yikes!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 4:10 am

it's a contentious issue! wow. i better stop posting in this thread before the truth comes out that i won't get with anyone who isn't either under 18 or over 50. i like extremes!

haha. just kidding.

maybe.

my last two GFs were both 10-years younger than me. i went out with this woman in college who was something like 7 years older than me, and felt like i was getting really out there. those are the extremes in my history. but one friend of mine went out with a 50-something woman when he was thirtyish. that went on for a few months before he decided it was too weird. and this is where it gets really controversial: a female friend of mine once drunkenly admitted, in her late 20s, to be willing to go as young as 13. another friend of mine claims to have gone to third base with a 13-year-old at some point in his 20s. yikes!
This is probably not frowned upon in some south American jungle societies. I'll tell ya, when you have a kid of your own and they become a teen, it's totally changes your perspective. some of the young girls may have a few curves and all, but they're still kids.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 4:15 am

This is probably not frowned upon in some south American jungle societies. I'll tell ya, when you have a kid of your own and they become a teen, it's totally changes your perspective. some of the young girls may have a few curves and all, but they're still kids.

South American jungle societies. ;D  ;D  ;D

Yeah, I think teens are transitional between kids and adults.  But 40-year old guys should at the youngest like 25 and up, and even that's kind of pushing it.

Written By: jaytee on 02/25/06 at 8:53 am

all 40-year-olds should just fnikcug die already.

Gee thanks - I'm 46 and feel 30!!!

Written By: gemini on 02/25/06 at 8:57 am

Gee thanks - I'm 46 and feel 30!!!

I guess us in our 40s already have one foot in the grave!  ;)

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 9:06 am

sorry, it was all the singling out the 40-year-olds for "dirty old man syndrome" that caused me to post that. i amended it to 35 to include me.

Written By: gemini on 02/25/06 at 9:11 am

sorry, it was all the singling out the 40-year-olds for "dirty old man syndrome" that caused me to post that. i amended it to 35 to include me.

It's ok! Sometimes I feel like I have one foot in the grave!  :D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 02/25/06 at 9:12 am

I voted for the double-nickel. There's plenty of women in their 50's who are totally hot. For example, I'd totally get on Kim Cattrall or Michelle Pfeiffer, just to name a couple.

Plus, I'm sure everyone here knows what the acronym MILF stands for.  ;)

Written By: YWN on 02/25/06 at 9:28 am

I voted for the double-nickel.

Ten?

Plus, I'm sure everyone here knows what the acronym MILF stands for.  ;)

No, Albert...why don't you tell us just what that means...

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 9:32 am

I voted for the double-nickel. There's plenty of women in their 50's who are totally hot. For example, I'd totally get on Kim Cattrall or Michelle Pfeiffer, just to name a couple.

Plus, I'm sure everyone here knows what the acronym MILF stands for.  ;)
kim cattrall! (*faints dead away.*)

if i may -- kim richards is in her forties (42, i think?) and is still i think perfectly dreamy. barring her occasional excursion into sunburnt rod stewartdom.

http://www.collectinghollywood.com/scrapb101.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 9:33 am

Ten?

HAHAHAHAHA.

milf = mother i'd like to get to know better.

Written By: YWN on 02/25/06 at 9:35 am

milf = mother i'd like to get to know better.

Hmm, still kind of vague...better look up "milf" in google image search so I'll know for sure what it means...

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 9:36 am

Hmm, still kind of vague...better look up "milf" in google image search so I'll know for sure what it means...
make sure and go right to the images.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/25/06 at 9:42 am

I said around 60-65 years old...but I have seen some older guys that were very attractive.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/25/06 at 3:53 pm

I said around 60-65 years old...but I have seen some older guys that were very attractive.

oh yeah! Then you think of how they looked back in the day - damn!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/25/06 at 4:09 pm

Jimmy Page is still very doable.  He was SMOKIN' back in Zep's heyday, but now he has a more sophisticated sex appeal.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 02/25/06 at 7:19 pm

I am 37, and I hate seeing women my age and up wearing clothing that isn't appropriate for them because they are trying to hold on to looking "hot". I think people look so much better when they look the best they can for the age they are at, and don't try and dress in stuff that only makes it more noticeable that they aren't 21 anymore.  I think the age think differs in men and women, I think women age worse than men, and the better looking you are when your younger the more noticeable aging is. Unattractive people age better, cause they have no where to go but up, where as good looking people have no where to go but down.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 8:04 pm

I am 37, and I hate seeing women my age and up wearing clothing that isn't appropriate for them because they are trying to hold on to looking "hot". I think people look so much better when they look the best they can for the age they are at, and don't try and dress in stuff that only makes it more noticeable that they aren't 21 anymore.  I think the age think differs in men and women, I think women age worse than men, and the better looking you are when your younger the more noticeable aging is. Unattractive people age better, cause they have no where to go but up, where as good looking people have no where to go but down.

I agree, on all counts.  Although being a straight dude I like women more than men (although there's nothing wrong with being gay).

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 8:06 pm

I remember hearing a song called "Age ain't nothin' but a number".. I think I like that saying.

I generally don't find older women attractive anyway, so I really can't gauge.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 8:07 pm

I remember hearing a song called "Age ain't nothin' but a number".. I think I like that saying.

I generally don't find older women attractive anyway, so I really can't gauge.

Yeah, me neither.  Even 40 is too liney, if they were once good-looking.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/06 at 8:14 pm

this normally would go into favorite/memorable movie quotes, but I think it really belongs here.

Shallow Hal

Hal: See, the problem is I'm kinda picky
Tony Robbins: What do you mean, picky?
Hal: Well, for instance, I like 'em real young. Like, did you ever see Paulina in her first "Sports Illustrated" layout?
Tony Robbins: You're looking for a young Paulina type?
Hal: Well, that face, but with better headlights. You know how hers have kind of dimmed lately? Heidi Klums beams would do. And her teeth. Or, ooh, that Britney Spears girl. She's got great knockers. But she's a tad muscular. Uh, actually, you know what? Her ass would do, too, if she had a better grille. Like, uh, Michelle Pfeiffer back when she did "Grease 2". But she'd have to be a little smilier than Michelle. Kinda like Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, before she got Stamosed. But not as skinny. Someone a little meatier, like Heidi. But without the accent. You know those accents: yah-yah-yah-yah. They really get old fast. You know what I mean. Someone like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony Robbins: Hal, don't you think you're being a bit shallow here in the way you look at women?
Hal: Well, no! You know, I'd like her to be into culture and sheesh, too.

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 9:44 pm

Yeah, me neither.  Even 40 is too liney, if they were once good-looking.

I'm to a big extreme.. I don't even find college students attractive.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm gonna grow out of this.. otherwise, I'm pretty much gonna be a pedophile. Hm.  ???

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/25/06 at 10:02 pm

I don't think theres a limit on it. It depends on the person.

I think that its unfortunate that society feels that women cannot be attractive as they get older. I must say that the women who are in their 40s and 50s now are defying that age-old belief.. So many hotties that are middle-aged now.  :o

I won't lie. If I had the oppurtunity to date a woman I found attractive and she happened to be middle aged I don't think I'd turn it down.

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 10:10 pm

For some reason I just thought of that scene in the movie "Slackers" where that college kid was in the hospital room massaging and kissing an old lady's breasts at her request :o  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:19 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I'm gonna grow out of this.. otherwise, I'm pretty much gonna be a pedophile. Hm.  ???

I hope not  ;D

When I'm in my 20s and 30s I'll probably like women around my age.  Woman in their 40s can look pretty sometimes, but not really hot.  This is true even for some women in their 50s.

Written By: Apricot on 02/25/06 at 10:22 pm

Woman in their 40s can look pretty sometimes, but not really hot.

Well, there are different types of beauty. I usually divide it up:

1. Cute (beauty due to innocence and youth-type appearance)
2. Beauty (standard beauty, usually in facial features and fine features such as hand and lip structure)
3. Hot (beauty due to total lack of innocence, usually in body, rather then fine features. Lust-ish beauty)
4. Sexy (causes immediate humping of nearest object)

Older women usually don't get 1, because they don't have the youth-type appearance.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:24 pm

Well, there are different types of beauty. I usually divide it up:

1. Cute (beauty due to innocence and youth-type appearance)
2. Beauty (standard beauty, usually in facial features and fine features such as hand and lip structure)
3. Hot (beauty due to total lack of innocence, usually in body, rather then fine features. Lust-ish beauty)
4. Sexy (causes immediate humping of nearest object)

Older women usually don't get 1, because they don't have the youth-type appearance.

Well, yeah in a way.  Older woman look "tired", sometimes even those as young as their late 20s.  But it's not exactly "ugly".

But yeah, I'd rather have sex with a 20 year old than a 37 year old.  But then again, I'm only 16.

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/25/06 at 10:36 pm

I hope not  ;D

When I'm in my 20s and 30s I'll probably like women around my age.  Woman in their 40s can look pretty sometimes, but not really hot.  This is true even for some women in their 50s.

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you, man. I've seen alot of women in their 40s and 50s I'd call hot.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:36 pm

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with you, man. I've seen alot of women in their 40s and 50s I'd call hot.

Name some.  You might change my mind.

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/25/06 at 10:41 pm

Name some.  You might change my mind.

The woman from the Overstock.com commercials, I believe she is 43. The woman fro mthe bowflex commercials. Several movie and tv actresses, like Julianne Moore.

But I am talking about the women I see in real life. The entertainment industry has it's prejudices so I don't think you could really look to it for an accurate assesment about this.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:43 pm

The woman from the Overstock.com commercials, I believe she is 43. The woman fro mthe bowflex commercials. Several movie and tv actresses, like Julianne Moore.

But I am talking about the women I see in real life. The entertainment industry has it's prejudices so I don't think you could really look to it for an accurate assesment about this.

That's true.

You know, actually a lot of more average-looking girls look better around 40.  I mean of course your skinny 20-year-old is gonna look all liney.

Isn't the Bowflex girl Christie Brinkley?

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/25/06 at 10:47 pm

That's true.

You know, actually a lot of more average-looking girls look better around 40.  I mean of course your skinny 20-year-old is gonna look all liney.

Isn't the Bowflex girl Christie Brinkley?

Shes not Christie Brinkley.

Not only that, but, women reach their sexual peak later in life.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:57 pm

Shes not Christie Brinkley.

Not only that, but, women reach their sexual peak later in life.

Ah okay.

Interesting.  Yeah isn't it like 45 or so?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/25/06 at 11:12 pm

Attraction takes many forms, my young grasshoppers  ;D

Like you, when I was younger, I thought the same way.  Now that I am older I realise that there are MANY more things that can form an attraction rather than simple physical beauty.

I am priveleged to now know a number of women at/around my own age 'bracket' (from mid-30's to late-40's) and trust me, you have to get there before you realise just what you have been missing out on  ;)

Because women of that age bracket *know* what they like/want/think/want to talk about (as opposed to just thinking they know it all, based on their last couple of years of limited life experience).  Women of that age bracket don't play mind games anymore because they have realised there is more to life.  And before I get shot down in flames, neither do the guys anymore, okay?

And to deal with a woman on any plane without that overlay is my definition of hot  :P  But you have to have been to the top of the mountain first.  You have to have seen the other side to fully appreciate it.

My best friend on this board is in her mid-40's and I wouldn't turn her clock back for anything  :) :) :)  I also have a number of other friends here around the same age and we all share the same thing.  An understanding.  It is really nice.

So I guess the answer is "as you get older your views on this will change"  ;)  And you won't even know it's happening  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/25/06 at 11:19 pm

:-o.. But your girlfriend's gonna be in college next year..! :-o

Written By: ADH13 on 02/25/06 at 11:30 pm

It's all relative depending on your age.

I agree... when I was 17, I would probably have said 25.  When I was 20, I probably would have said 32 or so... so who knows what my answer will be when I'm 60? :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/25/06 at 11:37 pm

I'd say 50 for me...

Written By: La Roche on 02/25/06 at 11:38 pm

I agree... when I was 17, I would probably have said 25.  When I was 20, I probably would have said 32 or so... so who knows what my answer will be when I'm 60? :D

Depends on what you can get really dosen't it  ;)

Written By: woops on 02/26/06 at 3:28 am

Though I've find "older" women attractive (ie Jennifer Lopez, Deborah Gibson , Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry)

http://www.newsobservers.com/media/2006/02/24/reg-1196123-748523.embedded.jpg

Though the only two "young actresses" I find attractive is Ashley Tisdale (who's only a year younger than I am), and  Scarlett Johansen (who's a year older than I am).

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat412.jpg

Written By: woops on 02/26/06 at 3:33 am

http://www.newsobserver.com/media/2006/02/24/reg-1196123-748523.embedded.jpg

(couldn't modify  :P)

...though there's some "older" over 45 that still look good like Sally Field.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/26/06 at 3:41 am

Though I've find "older" women attractive (ie Jennifer Lopez, Deborah Gibson , Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry)

http://www.newsobservers.com/media/2006/02/24/reg-1196123-748523.embedded.jpg

Though the only two "young actresses" I find attractive is Ashley Tisdale (who's only a year younger than I am), and  Scarlett Johansen (who's a year older than I am).

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat412.jpg

This obsession isn't healthy. I'm concerned.

Written By: woops on 02/26/06 at 3:50 am

I have a life and friends/family.

And I'm more obsessed with junk (cassette, video tapes) from thrift stores...

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 5:47 am

I have a life and friends/family.

And I'm more obsessed with junk (cassette, video tapes) from thrift stores...
don't listen to her. it's good to have celebrity obsessions. celebrity obsessions are good.

they're gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 9:13 am

Because women of that age bracket *know* what they like/want/think/want to talk about (as opposed to just thinking they know it all, based on their last couple of years of limited life experience).  Women of that age bracket don't play mind games anymore because they have realised there is more to life.  And before I get shot down in flames, neither do the guys anymore, okay?

So I guess the answer is "as you get older your views on this will change"  ;)  And you won't even know it's happening  ;D ;D ;D

You actually put this pretty well... I personally have never seen mind games, though.. but then, I don't know a lot about this sort of thing.

I think, though, this thread was only in terms of physical beauty.

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/26/06 at 10:53 am

I guess I just see things differently from most other young guys. *shrugs*

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 3:17 pm

http://www.cultnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/asadonna.jpeg

perhaps too old to be hot at this point? i'm told this is madonna.

goi.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 3:21 pm

where's the celebrities-who-haven't-aged-well thread? because that's where that picture belongs.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/26/06 at 4:03 pm

You actually put this pretty well... I personally have never seen mind games, though.. but then, I don't know a lot about this sort of thing.

I think, though, this thread was only in terms of physical beauty.

Never seen them ?  :(  Oh boy, sit down and hold on tight, they are coming, trust me  :o

As for what the thread was about, well, yes, possibly, but my point was as per the start of my post :

Attraction takes many forms, my young grasshoppers 

Like you, when I was younger, I thought the same way.  Now that I am older I realise that there are MANY more things that can form an attraction rather than simple physical beauty.

I just meant there are different ways of interpreting what is "hot"  :D

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 5:33 pm

As for what the thread was about, well, yes, possibly, but my point was as per the start of my post :

Attraction takes many forms, my young grasshoppers 

I just meant there are different ways of interpreting what is "hot"  :D

Ah, I see. Yeah, I do find many more things attractive then just physical beauty.. but that's probably the first thing I notice.. it IS the most immediately present trait when meeting someone.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/26/06 at 5:35 pm

goi.

I don't think it's fair to say that one photo taken at a sh*tty angle makes her not hot. 

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 5:38 pm

I don't think it's fair to say that one photo taken at a sh*tty angle makes her not hot. 
naw, that's uekcufrebd. i think she fell out for good.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/26/06 at 5:49 pm

I agree Morphine, but those wrinkles are pretty nasty  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/26/06 at 6:22 pm

Ah, I see. Yeah, I do find many more things attractive then just physical beauty.. but that's probably the first thing I notice.. it IS the most immediately present trait when meeting someone.

Sure !  Human nature cannot be denied  :)

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 7:04 pm

Sure !  Human nature cannot be denied  :)

Yep. And then, after that point, knowing the person really determines if they're attractive or not... like, someone who's really great as a person seems more attractive, even in the physical sense, and people who aren't appealing personality-wise just aren't attractive to me.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/26/06 at 7:15 pm

Yep. And then, after that point, knowing the person really determines if they're attractive or not... like, someone who's really great as a person seems more attractive, even in the physical sense, and people who aren't appealing personality-wise just aren't attractive to me.

Thank you!

Finally someone understands..

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 7:30 pm

Thank you!

Finally someone understands..

You think that way, too?

I just find that physically attractive people who are mean look less appealing in every sense, even appearance. Maybe I'm just more critical of people I hate.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/26/06 at 7:35 pm

You think that way, too?

I just find that physically attractive people who are mean look less appealing in every sense, even appearance. Maybe I'm just more critical of people I hate.

:D how lovely.

I think it just makes them less attractive in general, yes.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/06 at 4:26 pm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rogers/phyllis.jpg

She's still attractive,I think after 80 Years

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/27/06 at 7:50 pm

In Praise of Older Women, a movie title made me think of a couple older women that are 50-60 that are still quite babe-a-licious  Jane Seymour, Jaclyn Smith, and Susan Lucci. Age doesn't even matter to me with these 3, dang!

Written By: Howard on 02/28/06 at 5:38 pm

goi.

She's 47 Years Old.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/06 at 6:10 pm

She's 47 Years Old.
she looks like she got a bunch of facelifts that suddenly stopped working. sorta like that old lady in "brazil."

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/06 at 6:30 pm

Check for new replies or respond here...