inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you related to a celebrity?

Written By: Criz on 02/25/06 at 4:58 pm

So do you have someone in your family who's famous? Could be past or present celebrities, from the A Listers to the Z Listers!

I'll start...I am distantly related to Peter Polycarpou who played Chris Theodopolopodus in 'Birds of a Feather' and who's now in Eastenders!

I'm sure you can ALL beat that, probably no-one out of England know's who he is!!! :P

Subject: Re: Are you related to a celebrity?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/06 at 5:06 pm

There was a photographer in the Harlem Renaissance named James Vanderzee who was Granny's cousin, and my mother said we were
in some way related to Farina of the Little Rascals.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/25/06 at 5:11 pm

Jefferson Davis, former President of the Confederacy, is in my paternal great-great-grandmother's line.  My great-great grandmother's maiden name was Davis, and if you go back far enough, you will hit our ancestors in Shipman, Virginia and you will find Jefferson Davis' wife.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/06 at 5:16 pm

Jefferson Davis, former President of the Confederacy, is in my paternal great-great-grandmother's line.  My great-great grandmother's maiden name was Davis, and if you go back far enough, you will hit our ancestors in Shipman, Virginia and you will find Jefferson Davis' wife.

If we go back that far, my grandfather was a Lee, but we aren't sure where we tie in, It's a Jefferson/Hemings thing.

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 5:19 pm

NHL goalie Norm Maracle (Detroid Red Wings / Atlanta Thrashers) is related to me in some way.  He is either my 3rd or 4th cousin.  I can never remember.  lol

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/25/06 at 5:20 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 5:24 pm

Dude, could you get me Steve Yzerman's autograph?!

LOL no.  I don't really know Maracle all that well, and plus he isn't currently with the NHL anymore.  He's with some team in Russia

Written By: ADH13 on 02/25/06 at 6:06 pm

There's been a rumor passed down a few generations that we are related to the Wright Brothers... but it hasn't been proven.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 6:15 pm

Yes, but not an alive famous person.

I am (I think) a direct descendant of Cleveland Abbe, founder of the National Weather Service and famous meteorologist of the 19th Century.
I'm also related to a couple sports players.

Written By: Howard on 02/26/06 at 7:44 am

Edwin Starr
Ken Starr
Brenda Starr

;D

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 9:36 am

Apparently, I'm related to the creator of the Peanuts comics..

Written By: danootaandme on 02/26/06 at 9:41 am

Edwin Starr
Ken Starr
Brenda Starr

;D

Ringo  :-*

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/26/06 at 11:02 am

Jimmy Carter is a cousin on my mom's side. I believe he is my 4th cousin.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/26/06 at 11:08 am

I am a descendant of Pocahontas and John Rolf.  Great (times a ton) grandparents.  After that, not that I can think of.

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:11 pm

There's been a rumor passed down a few generations that we are related to the Wright Brothers... but it hasn't been proven.
Did it get lost on Flight 1203?LOL

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:13 pm

Jimmy Carter is a cousin on my mom's side. I believe he is my 4th cousin.
are you related to Elvis too?They were distant cousins,on the German side.had an ancestor named pressler.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/26/06 at 4:16 pm

I am a descendant of Pocahontas and John Rolf.  Great (times a ton) grandparents.  After that, not that I can think of.

Cousin! Actually a study was done(this goes back about 20 years) and anyone who had any ancestors from in the United States for the past 5 generations in are probably related in some form or other.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/26/06 at 4:21 pm

are you related to Elvis too?They were distant cousins,on the German side.had an ancestor named pressler.

Elvis' antecedents were Welsh, and Oprah is a distant cousin to Elvis.

Written By: gemini on 02/26/06 at 4:26 pm

Not yet, but hopefully someday when the band my daughter is in makes it big. . . . ok, I can dream, right! ;D

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:29 pm

Elvis' antecedents were Welsh, and Oprah is a distant cousin to Elvis.
Elvis was german,Cherokee,and possible irish,Welsh or some other British.

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:31 pm

Cousin! Actually a study was done(this goes back about 20 years) and anyone who had any ancestors from in the United States for the past 5 generations in are probably related in some form or other.
I read somewhrer there are about 6 million distant cousins of princess diana living in the United States.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/26/06 at 4:36 pm

On my Dad's side - I'm related (very, very distantly) to the first person who set foot on Plymouth Rock in 1620 who's name is Mary Chilton. His mother's maiden name was Bonnie Chilton.

On my Mom's side - I'm related by marriage to Ed O'Neil (the "Married... with children" actor) and also related by marriage to Edna Purviance (One of Charlie Chaplin's leading ladies).

Written By: Howard on 02/27/06 at 4:28 pm

Ringo  :-*

He's My Uncle. ;D

Written By: MLB on 03/01/06 at 3:36 pm

My Grandma was cousins with James Dean, so that makes him my 3rd or 4th cousin. 

Written By: KKay on 03/01/06 at 3:44 pm

David Soul from Starsky and Hutch- his father is Richard Solberg, a lutheran pastor
and so is my uncle.. same name, same job.
Don't know if they are realated.
They sure were in my stories in junior high, though. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/01/06 at 3:55 pm

None that I know of.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/06 at 3:58 pm

Birthplace: Bronx, New York, USA
Birthday: 6-26-1945
Date of Death: 5-18-1994
Cause of Death: Suicide

I had a cousin but I never got a chance to know him.His name was Steven Keats.He comitted suicide by shooting himself. :(

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/04/06 at 9:34 pm

I'm not sure. My connection to Jimmy Carter is through the Kay family I think. His mother was related to them, I'm not sure if that was her maiden name or not though.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/05/06 at 12:16 pm

I'm not...

...but my hubby is related to one of the guys who used to run with Al Capone back in the 1920's!  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/06 at 1:47 pm

Probably not names that most people have heard of. My great-grandfather was one of the founders of Central Markets in the Schenectady, NY (Albany area)-which is now called Price Chopper. My grandmother wrote the "orginal" Jewish cookbook, and one of my great-aunts and one of my sisters are both published authors.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...