inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I might be on Jeopardy!

Written By: EthanM on 02/25/06 at 10:46 pm

I can't disclose any details because of confidentiality and fairness and such, but i took the test for Jeopardy today in NYC and passed, so I'm in the contestant pool and if I get called I'm going to California. If I win enough times, I'll certainly give a shout-out to the Penguins.

Subject: Re: I might be on Jeopardy!

Written By: ADH13 on 02/25/06 at 10:50 pm

I can't disclose any details because of confidentiality and fairness and such, but i took the test for Jeopardy today in NYC and passed, so I'm in the contestant pool and if I get called I'm going to California. If I win enough times, I'll certainly give a shout-out to the Penguins.

Good luck!!  Just a possible bit of advice... act excited and hyper... I went to a wheel of fortune tryout and I got called back to go to San Francisco for a test... and we were all trying to concentrate on the game... then AFTER it was over, they told us that they were more concerned with enthusiasm than whether we actually got the answers quickly... :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:58 pm

Your first Applause.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 10:59 pm

Can you mention the Darkster?  ;)

Written By: EthanM on 02/25/06 at 11:02 pm

Thanks, but wheel of fortune and Jepardy are quite different. It's good to be cheerful and energetic on Jeopardy, but I've seen the show plenty of times and nobody is ever jumping out of their seat to answer a question. The pre-test, full test, mock game and mini-interview were all in the same day for me, so I am quite exhausted at the moment.

If I win 100 games, I will mention the darkster, if that is still your name by then. Unless you do something in the interim that convinces me  that you should be mentioned earlier. I can't tell you what, since I don't know.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/25/06 at 11:08 pm

Thanks, but wheel of fortune and Jepardy are quite different. It's good to be cheerful and energetic on Jeopardy, but I've seen the show plenty of times and nobody is ever jumping out of their seat to answer a question. The pre-test, full test, mock game and mini-interview were all in the same day for me, so I am quite exhausted at the moment.

If I win 100 games, I will mention the darkster, if that is still your name by then. Unless you do something in the interim that convinces me  that you should be mentioned earlier. I can't tell you what, since I don't know.

Thanks!

I'll be famous!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/06 at 11:41 pm

Excellent news Ethan :)

Written By: C.NOIZE on 02/26/06 at 12:01 am

Dude, sweet!  That's something I've always wanted to do (try out to be a contestant).  But anyway, good luck!  :)

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 12:16 am

don't forget us little guys when you get all rich and famous.

half! we're gonna want half!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/26/06 at 11:59 am

Cooooooooooooooooooool!  8)

Written By: gemini on 02/26/06 at 4:08 pm

That's really cool! Good luck and keep us posted!  8)

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:10 pm

That's cool!Make sure you mention Amiright if you get on!!!

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 4:26 pm

make sure and mention hanzel und gretyl, and the secret flying saucer agenda.

Written By: Marian on 02/26/06 at 4:32 pm

and if an Everly Brothers question comes up,mention Marian!!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/26/06 at 4:37 pm

Wow, how fantastic - I hope you get there - it sounds like it's already been a challenge!

Written By: Apricot on 02/26/06 at 5:28 pm

Dude, sweet!  That's something I've always wanted to do (try out to be a contestant).  But anyway, good luck!  :)

I've always wanted to try it too.

Good luck, man.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/26/06 at 7:15 pm

Good luck Ethan ,I hope you get the call up  ;D

Written By: EthanM on 02/26/06 at 7:36 pm

Thanks, everyone. I hope so too (that I get on) If I get on, amiright would probably get mentioned in my mini-interview on my first (hopefully of many) episode. I don't want to talk too much during the game and use up clock time that is needed for clues, but I'll see what I can do if I get the chance.

Some of you, the ones that are younger than me or just a little older, should still get a chance if you want it. As long as the show goes on after Alex, anyway.

Written By: nally on 02/26/06 at 9:38 pm

Wow! That's exciting news! I hope ya make it...and if you do, let us know when the episode is gonna air so we can watch.

I've never known anyone who has appeared on Jeopardy, but a friend of mine knew someone who was on there during the Ken Jennings era.

Check for new replies or respond here...