inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone considered...

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/27/06 at 3:21 am

When you look at the thread, have you considered the ratio between the number of posts and views it has received (I know, perhaps I'm weird, most people don't think about it). I was thinking, does that indicate anything about a topics' 'profoundess' or 'importance'? Is a thread or topic with a high view count and a low post count blatantly attention-grabbing which doesn't offer a forum for people to put forward their opinions?

Subject: Re: Has anyone considered...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 3:22 am

When you look at the thread, have you considered the ratio between the number of posts and views it has received (I know, perhaps I'm weird, most people don't think about it). I was thinking, does that indicate anything about a topics' 'profoundess' or 'importance'? Is a thread or topic with a high view count and a low post count blatantly attention-grabbing which doesn't offer a forum for people to put forward their opinions?

Yeah, of course.  The threads I've made with links to a video or something usually get no replies.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/27/06 at 3:24 am

Not necessarily... when a thread asks a question (such as this one) I will usually answer... then I will read the thread when there are new answers, but I don't really have anything to say, being that I already answered the question... so I may view this particular thread 30 times... but I only have one answer.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 3:26 am

...That this is a personal attack against my threads?  ;D

I'm not mad or offended, Trimac, but I do kind of suspect this.  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/27/06 at 3:29 am

The threads I've made with links to a video or something usually get no replies.

and yet, you keep on doing them :P

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 3:31 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/27/06 at 3:31 am

Oh shaddup yo face, you're worse!  ;D

nah.  my threads actually get responses :P ;) ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/27/06 at 3:36 am

;D  ;D  ;D

Online Donnie Darko  04:33:17 AM Posting a new topic.
Online Donnie Darko  04:33:16 AM Replying to a topic.

Guest  04:32:59 AM Viewing the topic Before And After Song Titles Game.
Guest  04:32:52 AM Viewing the topic The Kinks.
Guest  04:32:48 AM Logging out of the forum.
Online Donnie Darko  04:32:35 AM Posting yet another new topic.
Guest  04:32:33 AM Viewing the topic littlest pet shop 4 sale.
Online  Marty McFly  04:32:23 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest  04:32:15 AM Viewing the topic WhatFreaks site status.
Guest  04:32:11 AM Viewing the topic Roberta Flack.
Online Philip Eno  04:31:53 AM Posting in What 80's song are you listening to right now?.
Guest  04:31:40 AM Viewing the topic 10 Years Ago Today (in 1995).
Guest  04:31:33 AM Viewing the topic Yorkshire Quiz - DONE!.
Guest  04:31:28 AM Viewing the topic heart to heart bear.
Online Donnie Darko 04:31:28 AM Starting yet still another new topic.
Guest  04:31:22 AM Viewing the topic ABCs of Parodies round I.
Online Odyssey  04:31:07 AM Viewing Who's Online.
Guest  04:30:42 AM Viewing the topic POTATOES or RICE?.
Guest  04:30:41 AM Viewing the board index of inthe00s.
Guest  04:30:29 AM Viewing the topic 1990's Songs A-Z.
Guest  04:30:15 AM Viewing the topic INVITATION: Please add your own favorite lists of possible songs to parody!.
Guest  04:29:58 AM Viewing the topic Wrong Parody Title.
Guest  04:29:44 AM Viewing the topic Need Help - WTC - Panic Room.
Guest  04:29:31 AM Viewing the topic Need Help - WTC - Panic Room.
Guest  04:28:59 AM Viewing the board The 1970's.
Online Donnie Darko  04:28:56 AM Quoting a post from a new topic which he originally started.
Guest  04:28:54 AM Viewing the topic Canada's Surpreme Court Rules Gay Marriage is Legal.
Guest  04:28:54 AM Viewing the topic What musical genre will rule the '10s?.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 3:48 am

^I had to a-download Shaddap You Face  ;D

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 02/27/06 at 4:39 am

It depends on the topic. Basically I agree with what Odyssey said. There are some topics where I see the subject and already lose interest, so don't even give it 1 view. There are others that I read, reply to once, and then enjoy reading replies, even though I never have further commentary.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/27/06 at 1:35 pm

Another thing I've noticed is that alot of people use the "show unread replies since last visit" feature... so they don't see the new topics, they only see the ones they've already replied to.  Sometimes those same people are busy posting in other threads, and the new topics quickly get pushed back to the bottom of page 1... which make it less likely that people will see it.  (although in those cases, the view count is usually very low, if not a zero)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/27/06 at 1:57 pm

I look occasionally, but it's usually only threads that I start.  I hate seeing a ton of views and very little posts.  It makes me feel stupid for posting something no one was interested in.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/27/06 at 2:43 pm

I look occasionally, but it's usually only threads that I start.  I hate seeing a ton of views and very little posts.  It makes me feel stupid for posting something no one was interested in.

I know the feeling all too well. :-[

Written By: Apricot on 02/27/06 at 2:51 pm

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...