inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does Donnie Darko like the 1970's?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/01/06 at 2:38 am

I was wondering if Donnie Darko ever dabbles into the 70's threads?

Donnie, you sure are keeping these boards busy with your cool questions, but it appears you're hardly found on the 1970's or Pre-1970's boards

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Subject: Re: Does Donnie Darko like the 1970's?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/01/06 at 3:08 am

I don't really dabble in the '70s, but that's not because I don't like them, it's just because I've never really looked into them.

Once I get over the '80s, I probably will  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/01/06 at 4:05 pm

I don't really dabble in the '70s, but that's not because I don't like them, it's just because I've never really looked into them.

Once I get over the '80s, I probably will  ;D

No problemo, the 70's are great. I believe the 70's music is better than the 80's - but that's just my opinion. :0)

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/01/06 at 4:10 pm

Are you trying to kick him out of here?!

So he'll live in the '70s?!

:P nah, juuuuust kidding.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/01/06 at 4:15 pm

Are you trying to kick him out of here?!

So he'll live in the '70s?!

:P nah, juuuuust kidding.

;D ;D ;D

Nah, just thought he might as well explore over there since it's sort of a natural descention. Yet, I started my infatution first with the 60's and the ascended into the 70's and then now the 80's has become my decade of choice (maybe because I actually LIVED the 80's, lol)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/01/06 at 5:48 pm

;D ;D ;D

Nah, just thought he might as well explore over there since it's sort of a natural descention. Yet, I started my infatution first with the 60's and the ascended into the 70's and then now the 80's has become my decade of choice (maybe because I actually LIVED the 80's, lol)

Yeah, I've gone through brief '60s and '70s fetishes before, but now I'm into the '80s.  Maybe I'll be into the '90s in the tens  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/06 at 7:10 pm

the 70's, you should have been there.  8)  1970-1977 good times

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 7:12 pm

Yeah, I've gone through brief '60s and '70s fetishes before, but now I'm into the '80s.  Maybe I'll be into the '90s in the tens  ;D
Fetishes?  :o

I'm afraid to ask.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/01/06 at 7:17 pm

Fetishes?  :o

I'm afraid to ask.

Well, obsessions.  "Fetish" probably sounds a tad too negative  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/01/06 at 7:19 pm

I think Donnie Darko likes Funkytown... since he categorized it as new wave. :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/01/06 at 7:21 pm

I think Donnie Darko likes Funkytown... since he categorized it as new wave. :D

I do indeed  ;D

I like some Disco.  I Will Survive is sweet, and the Village People are enjoyable in a corny way.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 7:24 pm

Well, obsessions.  "Fetish" probably sounds a tad too negative  ;D
OK, "obsessions" sounds better. "Fetishes" imply some kind of sexually kinky activities, so it sounded a little creepy, and I know that wasn't your intent but you know how I like to give you a hard time.  ;D

Anyway, are you familiar with Gary Wright? He had a couple of major hits in about 1976 (Dream Weaver, Love Is Alive) that were made almost entirely with synthesizers, and that sounds like something you might like (and I mean that in a good way).

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/01/06 at 8:59 pm

OK, "obsessions" sounds better. "Fetishes" imply some kind of sexually kinky activities, so it sounded a little creepy, and I know that wasn't your intent but you know how I like to give you a hard time.  ;D

Anyway, are you familiar with Gary Wright? He had a couple of major hits in about 1976 (Dream Weaver, Love Is Alive) that were made almost entirely with synthesizers, and that sounds like something you might like (and I mean that in a good way).

Yeah, I know  ;D

Gary Wright? Nope, I'm really not versed on the seventies at all.  But I'll check him out, thanks :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/02/06 at 2:13 pm

Yeah, I know  ;D

Gary Wright? Nope, I'm really not versed on the seventies at all.  But I'll check him out, thanks :)

Gary Wright was suppose to be like a one man show. I guess he did all his own playing on most of his songs, or something like that. He was sorta pre-80's synth. I like his voice a lot and his soft sounding techno. Another one of his good songs is "I Really Want To Know You" I saw the video to that on VH1 Classics a few months ago. Kinda creeped me out  ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/02/06 at 8:56 pm

Gary Wright was suppose to be like a one man show. I guess he did all his own playing on most of his songs, or something like that. He was sorta pre-80's synth. I like his voice a lot and his soft sounding techno. Another one of his good songs is "I Really Want To Know You" I saw the video to that on VH1 Classics a few months ago. Kinda creeped me out  ;D
I remember liking "Dream Weaver" even when I was a little kid.  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/03/06 at 2:04 am

I remember liking "Dream Weaver" even when I was a little kid.  :)

I wasn't alive when "Dream Weaver" came out, but I remember it mostly from watching "Waynes World" in 1992 and actually owning that soundtrack and listening to it a lot. It was a guilty pleasure :0)

Check for new replies or respond here...