inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Member stats...

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/01/06 at 10:04 pm

I've always been curious. Which member has been on the board for the longest (not including admins)? Given it began in 2001. Who leads the post tally? Is there any prize for the highest number of posts (I say this because of the rate many seem to post lol). How long has the average member been on? Don't know if Admins' make these stats (Available)...

Subject: Re: Member stats...

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/01/06 at 10:06 pm

Oh yeah, I just discovered one can view members by no. of posts...silly me

Written By: whistledog on 03/01/06 at 10:06 pm

Member Stats

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/01/06 at 10:13 pm

I realise now...interesting to view, though one thing I have to ask. The earliest date of an existing member registering is 20th April 2004. I'm assuming that's because of a board restructure, new board.etc.

Written By: whistledog on 03/01/06 at 10:46 pm

I realise now...interesting to view, though one thing I have to ask. The earliest date of an existing member registering is 20th April 2004. I'm assuming that's because of a board restructure, new board.etc.

New board yes.  Some members have been here sinec day one, which I believe was way back in like 1999

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/01/06 at 11:28 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/BirthdayDoms.jpg

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/02/06 at 12:01 am

I wonder if there's a record for greatest number of posts in a day by a member...I'm guessing it would be in the 300-400 post mark (i.e. constant post-whoring over the 24 hour period). Any old noob could become Feathers McGraw overnight! Also, there doesn't seem to be stats for number of posts by member by board. I think I would rank quite high in the 'Before the 1970s' thread, since a good percentage of my posts are in that board.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 1:14 am

I wonder if there's a record for greatest number of posts in a day by a member...I'm guessing it would be in the 300-400 post mark (i.e. constant post-whoring over the 24 hour period). Any old noob could become Feathers McGraw overnight! Also, there doesn't seem to be stats for number of posts by member by board. I think I would rank quite high in the 'Before the 1970s' thread, since a good percentage of my posts are in that board.
Becoming a feathers McGraw overnight? That would be the ultimate post ho because it's a lot of typing to get those posts in. But I like the questions you have about it so I give an applaud.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/06 at 1:30 am

I've always been curious. Which member has been on the board for the longest (not including admins)? Given it began in 2001. Who leads the post tally? Is there any prize for the highest number of posts (I say this because of the rate many seem to post lol). How long has the average member been on? Don't know if Admins' make these stats (Available)...
I have not seen a prize yet!

Written By: whistledog on 03/02/06 at 3:17 am

Feathers McGraw = 1000 Posts, so you'd pretty much have to post all da and all night to reach it in one night.  I posted like crazy when I was a noob, and it took me 30 days to reach 1000

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/02/06 at 3:18 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/02/06 at 9:06 am

I have not seen a prize yet!

Your prize is fame & recognition from your online peers, because I'm infamousily cheap

I don't think any of the regular posters from the very first version of the board are still here (except myself).  Since it began with what is known as wwwboard, a really, really primative web forum, the original messageboard didn't really encourage a lot of regulars. 

I also lost a lot of people everytime I changed software.  People who got used to the original "heirarchy" look didn't like the new look with lists of threads (like the site is now).  Most of the longtime regulars that are still here, probably began hanging around in 2000 or 2001 at the earliest.  Since the last upgrade of the software didn't provide an easy path for moving the messages (I would have had to make a couple upgrades before I could even begin an import) I decided against it and just archived the whole lot.  That means it's not always easy to do a "history" search of who joined when.

Written By: nally on 03/02/06 at 9:48 am

Actually, I think the earliest actual registration date was 21st April 2004. People who have been designated as "Webpage Editors" had their registration date moved back to the previous night at 9 PM for some reason.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 11:04 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:07 am

I've been here since September of 1999 (the board was really different back then)... :)

Did you ever post or visit the kissthisguy boards?  From Chucky's description it sounds like this board used to have a similar set up to kissthisguy.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 11:31 am

Did you ever post or visit the kissthisguy boards?  From Chucky's description it sounds like this board used to have a similar set up to kissthisguy.

No, I don't believe I ever did visit those boards.  Once I found this site, I never left.  :)

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:33 am

I moved from there to here.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 11:35 am

I moved from there to here.

Cool!  :)

When did you first join this board, karen?

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:41 am

Cool!  :)

When did you first join this board, karen?

I can't quite remember.  I was certainly visiting kissthisguy before 1998 and I think Chucky used to post there. At the time kissthisguy was slowlly fading.  The misheard lyrics hadn't been updated for ages and the boards weren' moderated at all.  I'm fairly certain that Chucky offered to take over the messageboards at that time and linked to his meassageboards. I think I visited here occasionally then.  Then I went on maternity leave and forgot all about messageboards for a while.  I joined here some time in 2001 I think and again forgot about it for a while when I went on maternity leave again.  Remembered the boards again in mid 2002 and never left

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 11:44 am

I can't quite remember.  I was certainly visiting kissthisguy before 1998 and I think Chucky used to post there. At the time kissthisguy was slowlly fading.  The misheard lyrics hadn't been updated for ages and the boards weren' moderated at all.  I'm fairly certain that Chucky offered to take over the messageboards at that time and linked to his meassageboards. I think I visited here occasionally then.  Then I went on maternity leave and forgot all about messageboards for a while.  I joined here some time in 2001 I think and again forgot about it for a while when I went on maternity leave again.  Remembered the boards again in mid 2002 and never left

That's very interesting...and I'm glad that you've stuck around here!  :)

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:46 am

That's very interesting...and I'm glad that you've stuck around here!  :)

thank you.  I think you make some interesting posts as well.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 11:57 am

That's very kind of you to say...thank you!  :)

Written By: Paul on 03/02/06 at 12:04 pm

Remembered the boards again in mid 2002 and never left

'You can log off check out anytime you like...

...but you can never leave...!!'

Written By: nally on 03/02/06 at 2:19 pm

I've been here since September of 1999 (the board was really different back then)... :)

Wish I'd known about it then!

I found the amiright.com site seven months later...that site certainly looks different now than it did then! (And I found the inthe00s board through that site in 2002, although I didn't do any posting until '03!)

Written By: nally on 03/02/06 at 2:20 pm

I echo that statement. :)

Written By: Apricot on 03/02/06 at 2:27 pm

This happens a lot, actually.. there are people who don't have jobs/social lives/a need to do anything except eat, masturbate, and post, and the weekends are essentially 48 straight hours to do just that. You can rack up over a hundred posts in one night on a sh-tty Dial-Up connection, only postwhoring half of the time.. I know, I've done it.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 2:27 pm

I echo that statement. :)

Consider yourself 'applauded' for that!  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 03/02/06 at 2:29 pm

certainly you mean 10,000 right Jason?

LOL yes 10,000.  I forget what 1,000 is .. Tuxedo Sam perhaps?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/06 at 2:30 pm

Consider yourself 'applauded' for that!  ;)

Hmm...I got an error saying that it's 'unable to open the main template'... ???

Written By: nally on 03/02/06 at 2:31 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 03/02/06 at 3:03 pm

November 21st,2001

Written By: whistledog on 03/02/06 at 3:30 pm

I just reached Chilly Willy status O0  I guess 15,000 is Chilly Willy. 

The next one must be Opus, and I guess it's 25,000 to get there?  Looks like I have 10,000 posts still to go  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/02/06 at 3:53 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 03/02/06 at 4:03 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/02/06 at 4:33 pm

I'm Chilly Willy

I bet you are ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/02/06 at 6:26 pm

All the talk about post whoring,what about the opposite.I joined on
August 12,2005 and haven't reached a 1,000 post yet.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/03/06 at 2:50 am

Is there any way to view the very first 'version' or predecessor of inthe00s.com? I doubt so, I've tried to look up old msg boards. Most memorably the tropical fish magazine forum around 98,99. Was anyone here a member of that board from late 1998 to about 2000?

Written By: Gis on 03/03/06 at 4:38 am

I joined in either late 2000 or early 2001, I don't post anywhere near as much as I used too.  ::)

Written By: karen on 03/03/06 at 6:48 am

Yep, the next one is Opus, and I believe that's it. ;)

I'm sure that Chucky hinted that there was another level back when Mark was posting a ton.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/03/06 at 12:08 pm

I'm sure that Chucky hinted that there was another level back when Mark was posting a ton.

no... Opus is it.  I can't think of a better penguin, so any newer penguin rank name would really be a demotion

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/06 at 12:16 pm

no... Opus is it.  I can't think of a better penguin, so any newer penguin rank name would really be a demotion

I have a question.  What makes Opus the best? ;D

How about Oswald Cobblepot, better known as The Penguin, Batman's Arch Nemesis

Written By: nally on 03/03/06 at 1:25 pm

Fair enough O0 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/03/06 at 2:09 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Howard on 03/03/06 at 2:13 pm

Do we get promoted to Administrator after Opus? ;D

Written By: nally on 03/03/06 at 2:17 pm

Do we get promoted to Administrator after Opus? ;D

No. ;D That position is reserved exclusively for Chucky G. He's the one in charge.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/03/06 at 2:26 pm

I just found they have a big archive of old Opus strips at the Post...

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/wpopu/2005/10/09/index.html

enjoy

Written By: Howard on 03/03/06 at 2:28 pm

No. ;D That position is reserved exclusively for Chucky G. He's the one in charge.

Someone has to take over when he retires.

Written By: nally on 03/03/06 at 2:30 pm

Someone has to take over when he retires.

... if he retires. ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/03/06 at 2:31 pm

... if he retires. ;)

He won't retire,I guarantee it. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...