inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should "What's On Your Mind" by Information Society be the Penguin anthem?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/07/06 at 12:15 pm

Considering the inthe00s tagline, I think that would make sense.  ;D

Subject: Re: Should "What's On Your Mind" by Information Society be the Penguin anthem?

Written By: Apricot on 03/07/06 at 2:06 pm

I got yer anthem right here...

Subject: Re: Should "What's On Your Mind" by Information Society be the Penguin anthem?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/07/06 at 2:06 pm

Where?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/07/06 at 2:28 pm

::)

maybe you, and your five friends, can hum a few bars.....

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/07/06 at 2:51 pm

"Send her my love" by Stevey Wonder.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/07/06 at 3:27 pm

If it were going to be an Information Society song, I'd nominate my other nom de plume on the site, a song called "Mirrorshades" off their second album, "Hack".

I always found it cool they named the sides of the first album "Hardware" and "Software".  Not too many albums did that back in the day of casettes and 8-tracks.  That would actually make a cool project to build a list of albums that did that.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/07/06 at 3:36 pm

If it were going to be an Information Society song, I'd nominate my other nom de plume on the site, a song called "Mirrorshades" off their second album, "Hack".

I should also note, that the track ends with the following sample:

http://pages.zdnet.com/xvpanterax/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sheeshmchn.wav

Which, as a software engineer, is something of a personal motto now.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/06 at 5:02 pm

It should be the Decades anthem on the board

Written By: Apricot on 03/07/06 at 7:35 pm

maybe you, and your five friends, can hum a few bars.....

HA! Joke's on you! I don't HAVE 5 friends!

Written By: ADH13 on 03/07/06 at 10:41 pm

Considering the inthe00s tagline, I think that would make sense.  ;D

I suppose it's better than "Walking Away" ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/07/06 at 10:50 pm

from an 80's music perspective, a good song to be the theme for inthe00s would be "Through the Years" by Tim Finn 8)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/08/06 at 5:05 am

HA! Joke's on you! I don't HAVE 5 friends!

;D  LOL

Written By: karen on 03/08/06 at 6:09 am

I should also note, that the track ends with the following sample:

http://pages.zdnet.com/xvpanterax/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sheeshmchn.wav

Which, as a software engineer, is something of a personal motto now.

I get some error or other.  Does it need a login name?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/08/06 at 8:39 am

I get some error or other.  Does it need a login name?

probably doesn't like the hot linking to the file itself... oh well.

Check for new replies or respond here...