inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most silliest mistake you made on the boards.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 6:08 pm

I acccidently mistyped the last name of a singer on one the boards.  And once posted a song in a wrong decade.

What's the most silliest mistake, anyone else has made here?

Subject: Re: Most silliest mistake you made on the boards.

Written By: Apricot on 03/13/06 at 6:12 pm

I don't know if it's "silly", but it's a big one.. I assumed people could detect sarcasm. Big mistake.

I never realized how hard it is to find tongue-in-cheek or sarcasm online.. I was fairly new, and they weren't very forgiving. Although quite frankly, I was being far too ridiculous for it to be taken seriously. But some people chose not to take me seriously and used that to judge my character.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 6:14 pm

It can happen once in awhile.

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/06 at 7:41 pm

Quite often, I sometimes search for a game in the arcade in the comment box by mistake, so my score gets registered with the comment as the name of the game I wanted to find ;D

Written By: KKay on 03/13/06 at 7:53 pm

I always put the 70s song i"m listening to in the wrong decade...same with 80s nubmers..I can't keep track!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/13/06 at 8:23 pm

I made a mistake this year and wished people a good president's day weekend when it was MLKjr. day and I was quite embarrassed when it was pointed out to me and then I was called a rascist by a certain young member, I won't mention names because that would be indiscreet (marsh),  and I got mad for being called that, and felt it wasn't justified, but I didn't know it was him or i would have understood. another member intervened and advised me that he jokes like that and i felt like I'd been punk'd.  it ended up being funny that I didn't know it was marsh because he'd just changed to strawberry fields forever and i didn't recognize that name. one of my silliest

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 8:53 pm

The mistake I made was typing in Jennifer Barners, instead of Jennifer Warnes. It happended earlier today.  I felt pretty embarrassed about it.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/06 at 8:55 pm

The mistake I made was typing in Jennifer Barners, instead of Jennifer Warnes. It happended earlier today.  I felt pretty embarrassed about it.   ;D

I thought it was Jennifer Barners though  ???

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 9:07 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/13/06 at 9:51 pm

probably making some mistakes in the Penguin games section....which I was corrected right away! ;)

Written By: karen on 03/14/06 at 4:41 am

I don't know if it's "silly", but it's a big one.. I assumed people could detect sarcasm. Big mistake.

I never realized how hard it is to find tongue-in-cheek or sarcasm online.. I was fairly new, and they weren't very forgiving. Although quite frankly, I was being far too ridiculous for it to be taken seriously. But some people chose not to take me seriously and used that to judge my character.

But since then I reckon people have forgiven and forgotten.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/14/06 at 5:36 am

That happened to me, in real life I am a wry, tongue in cheek, kind of person.  Sometimes what you write doesn't translate with what you mean, there aren't any facial, tonal, cues.  Then sometimes people are just raggy and looking for offence, to bite for whatever reason.

Mostly true.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/14/06 at 10:09 am

Posting the lyrics to a Nirvana song called "Spank Thru", can you guess what it was about? The post got deleted because of the theme, I wouldn't call that a silly mistake that I did, but since that theme was brought up before without other posts being deleted, I figured I could get away with it....

I THOUGHT WRONG! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/06 at 10:39 am

Now admit, haven't we all made mistakes in PBG?

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 10:48 am

The most silliest would be putting "most" in front of "silliest"...

I make horrible, terrible errors in typing and grammar and constantly change the ;meaning of
my sentnece with these errors...
(look at me already witht the typos!)

that's why I constantly correct people..I AM the kettle...and I call YOU black!

Written By: whistledog on 03/14/06 at 11:28 am

Now admit, haven't we all made mistakes in PBG?

oh yes  :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/06 at 1:56 pm

Back on the old board, we had a "lurker" thread where board members posted as guests because we had a rash of board members posting as guests, making rude comments, etc. This was our way of making light of the situation. I decided to do that and I ended my post the same I always do-"Cat" at the bottom without thinking about it and hit "Post" before I realized it. Of course I posted as a guest so I couldn't modify it so it was supposed to be an "anonymous" post and everyone knew who posted it.  :-[

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 03/14/06 at 2:28 pm

Back on the old board, we had a "lurker" thread where board members posted as guests because we had a rash of board members posting as guests, making rude comments, etc. This was our way of making light of the situation. I decided to do that and I ended my post the same I always do-"Cat" at the bottom without thinking about it and hit "Post" before I realized it. Of course I posted as a guest so I couldn't modify it so it was supposed to be an "anonymous" post and everyone knew who posted it.  :-[

Cat

ouch!    :o

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 2:38 pm

oooh..I always  ignore limits on the quizzes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/06 at 3:00 pm

teehee, I remember that ;D ;D ;D

I knew someone would remember that.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/14/06 at 3:06 pm

I wind up doing a TMI and not even realizing it
I posted twice. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 03/14/06 at 4:02 pm

Some of them, yes... there are choice few who are simply too arrogant and proud that they feel that HAD to win a petty fight with someone a third of their age. And they won't let it go.

But I just ignore those people now. And it's made my forum time more pleasant.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/14/06 at 5:09 pm

I made a mistake this year and wished people a good president's day weekend when it was MLKjr. day and I was quite embarrassed when it was pointed out to me and then I was called a rascist by a certain young member, I won't mention names because that would be indiscreet (marsh),  and I got mad for being called that, and felt it wasn't justified, but I didn't know it was him or i would have understood. another member intervened and advised me that he jokes like that and i felt like I'd been punk'd.  it ended up being funny that I didn't know it was marsh because he'd just changed to strawberry fields forever and i didn't recognize that name. one of my silliest

I think he was just kidding though.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/14/06 at 5:10 pm

I said Subway!  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/14/06 at 7:54 pm

I think he was just kidding though.
oh yeah, I knew he was kidding after MidknightDarkness told me who it was and that's how he jests.  I was really trying to defend the fact I'm not a racist, and then once I realized he was just kidding, I felt lame for being so defensive, but yeah, he was just kidding and I'm sure he laughed all the while I ranted.  It's funny to me now.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 8:01 pm

i have never made a mistake.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/14/06 at 8:07 pm

i have never made a mistake.
when is St. Tia's Day?  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/14/06 at 8:15 pm

I was on a link the words thread in the PBG, I posted a word link
not realizing i was on page 1,the thread was up to page 8 and
someone had already linked my mistake before I could correct it.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 8:39 pm

when is St. Tia's Day?  ;D
Before the glare of live television cameras at her first prime time news conference in more than a year, President Tia responded to many of the questions from reporters.

But one question for which Tia was evidently not prepared invited her to name her biggest mistake.

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it," Tia joked before taking a long pause.

"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet.

"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one," Tia concluded.

"I'm pure as the driven snow," she added shortly afterward. "I've never had an impure thought."

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 9:12 pm

Before the glare of live television cameras at her first prime time news conference in more than a year, President Tia responded to many of the questions from reporters.

But one question for which Tia was evidently not prepared invited her to name her biggest mistake.

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it," Tia joked before taking a long pause.

"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet.

"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one," Tia concluded.

"I'm pure as the driven snow," she added shortly afterward. "I've never had an impure thought."

boy can you milk a theme!!!

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 9:29 pm

boy can you milk a theme!!!
im going to repeat it until it becomes true. :\'(

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 9:36 pm

im going to repeat it until it becomes true. :\'(

ok...just remember that you're leaving a trail of evidence.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 9:56 pm

ok...just remember that you're leaving a trail of evidence.
none of that will matter after i fake my own death.

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 8:59 am

The detectives pulled back the sheet to reveal the face of a young girl, pure as the driven snow.  "Yes, that's him.  That's Mike," was all they needed to identify the body.  As he was rolled into the coroner's wagon, someone was heard to have said, "Who did he leave that cool guitar to?" "Kkay", another replied.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 10:19 am

The detectives pulled back the sheet to reveal the face of a young girl, pure as the driven snow.  "Yes, that's him.  That's Mike," was all they needed to identify the body.  As he was rolled into the coroner's wagon, someone was heard to have said, "Who did he leave that cool guitar to?" "Kkay", another replied.
poor tia. poor, poor tia. i had more of a lost at sea thing in mind, myself. and that way i can keep my guitar too!

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 10:21 am

poor tia. poor, poor tia. i had more of a lost at sea thing in mind, myself. and that way i can keep my guitar too!

I can but try.

I know I've made the mistake of calling about 6 other guys here "Mike".

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 4:18 pm

I said Subway!  :o

Only when Mark was around.

Check for new replies or respond here...