inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What chart show to you listen to?

Written By: Stompgal on 03/19/06 at 10:03 am

Because today is Sunday, I would like to know what chart shows you listen to on this day of the week. I listen to Hit 40 UK and it can be heard on radio stations in the UK such as Red Dragon FM, Capital FM and GWR FM. It's on from 4pm ro 7pm. If I go on holiday anywhere else in the UK, I listen to the Radio 1 Chart (The Official UK Top 40.) American members of this forum may listen to the Billboard Hot 100.

Subject: Re: What chart show to you listen to?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/06 at 10:10 am

Because today is Sunday, I would like to know what chart shows you listen to on this day of the week. I listen to Hit 40 UK and it can be heard on radio stations in the UK such as Red Dragon FM, Capital FM and GWR FM. It's on from 4pm ro 7pm. If I go on holiday anywhere else in the UK, I listen to the Radio 1 Chart (The Official UK Top 40.) American members of this forum may listen to the Billboard Hot 100.

I stay away from them

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/19/06 at 11:52 am

On Saturday's they use to play Casey Kasem's top 40 which I didn't mind because he was just a likable guy to listen to. Now, he's retired and another guy has taken over and seems to have done a fair job, so that's probably the extent of my chart show listening.

Addendum: I'll change that to Top 20, as someone has mentioned it as Top 20 rather than Top 40.

Written By: whistledog on 03/19/06 at 2:37 pm

I used to listen to Rick Dees and the Top 40 Countdown many many years ago, but it's been about 8 years since I enjoyed top 40 hits.  Lately, I've started listening to the radio again with a local station that plays lots of 80's classics :)

Written By: Morton on 03/19/06 at 2:44 pm

Radio One (The Official UK Top 40 singles and albums charts).

Today they had Tim (Big flavour holla etc etc) Westwood. It was atrocious. He kept SHOUTING ALL THE SONG TITLES and then saying something along the lines of 'Ooooh, this is really pumping the flavour to the big dogs, yougetme?'. What a fudgeing joke

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/19/06 at 3:19 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/19/06 at 3:26 pm

All the chart shows here are on like at 9 AM or something, I think Ryan Seacrest top 40 is on Saturday and Casey Kasem top 20 is on on Sunday. I'm never up to catch them. I just look at the charts on thursdays and I keep track of the top songs on iTunes top 100.

Written By: Paul on 03/19/06 at 4:46 pm

When it was 'listenable', it was always Radio 1 without fail...

My earliest memories were a guy called Tom Brown who used to do the rundown (mid 70s), then the eras of Blackburn, Vance, Brooks...and then I finally stopped listening (early 90s)...

Although our Top 40 rundown has always been broadcast on a Sunday, up until the 80s those rundowns were always several days out-of-date, because before then, our charts were revealed on Tuesday...

Why? Well, in the days before computers, the sales figures all had to be compiled by hand...and in those days, hardly anyone worked on a Sunday, so everything would be hastily worked out on Monday, ready for the next working day!

Written By: gemini on 03/19/06 at 4:48 pm

I used to listen to "Breakfast with the Beatles" on sunday mornings, but haven't been able to in a long time since I work sunday mornings now.

Written By: Apricot on 03/19/06 at 6:02 pm

I used to listen to Kasey Casum, but I don't listen to much radio.

Written By: woops on 03/21/06 at 8:15 pm

A few years ago there were some re airings of "Top 40" countdowns from the '80's  8)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/22/06 at 2:04 am

None.

I even tried making my own (similar to www.bradboard.com and www.verkroost.demon.nl/my20/ who do their own weekly charts) but that soon fell though as there was too much work in it to do it weekly.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...