inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheesy Music Videos

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/26/06 at 11:38 am

Yeah.. I'm watching my David Bowie DVD, and the video for "Let's Dance" is really cheesy. I mean... for a volcano eruption... They just flash the sky red, then a cropped in smoke thing is coming out... very unprofessional.

So, can you think of any?

Subject: Re: Cheesy Music Videos

Written By: Paul on 03/26/06 at 11:53 am

Yeah.. I'm watching my David Bowie DVD, and the video for "Let's Dance" is really cheesy. I mean... for a volcano eruption... They just flash the sky red, then a cropped in smoke thing is coming out... very unprofessional.

Ah! But remember, that video is fast approaching 25 years old...that was probably 'state of the art' at the time!

One that burnt itself unapologetically on my conscious was Lionel Richie's 'Hello'...

Not sure why...I never done him no harm!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/26/06 at 11:56 am

One that burnt itself unapologetically on my conscious was Lionel Richie's 'Hello'...

Oh yes!  I remember that one!!

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/26/06 at 12:00 pm

Ah! But remember, that video is fast approaching 25 years old...that was probably 'state of the art' at the time!

Yeah, I'm aware, but it's cheesy now, which is the only qualification for this thread.  :P

Written By: Morton on 03/26/06 at 12:07 pm

Cliff Richard's 'Wired For Sound' video. Cheesy, awful rubbish.

For those not in the know, it's Cliff and loads of dancers roller skating around a mall, in stupid multicoloured outfits. The song's crap as well

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 1:38 pm

What made that video even cheesier is the way Texas recently spoofed it in their video for 'Sleep' ;D

One of the cheesiest videos I ever saw was 'Only You' by the Flying Pickets.  The dude with the mutton chops singing just always made me laugh.  Regardless of the cheesy video, I liked the song alot (better actually than the Yaz original) and it still holds as one of my all-time fave tunes of the 80's :)

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/06 at 1:40 pm

Another cheesy video ... might be hte worst video I've ever seen is 'Where's Your Head At' by Basement Jaxx.  The monkeys in the lab with the human faces of the Jaxx dudes.  I mean what the hell ???

Written By: Morton on 03/27/06 at 7:27 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/27/06 at 8:07 pm

Loverboy by Billy Ocean, now that's a cheesy video!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/27/06 at 8:13 pm

Heartbeat by Don Johnson.

Don Johnson....... as a reporter?  ::)  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/06 at 8:20 pm

Heartbeat by Don Johnson.

Don Johnson....... as a reporter?  ::)  ;D

Someone should report his bad singing ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/27/06 at 8:21 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/06 at 8:21 pm

One of the cheesiest 80's videos was one from Canada in 1985 called "Just Like You" by FM.  The lead singer of FM was Nash the Slash, who had this gimmick where he always dressed up like the invisible man.  Seeing him in the video singing new wave just made me laugh so hard

Written By: woops on 03/27/06 at 11:07 pm

The "High School Musical" videos Disney Channel air 24/7  :P

As for the '80's, that Lionel Richie videos where he's dancing on the ceiling

Check for new replies or respond here...