inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Feel Any Way, News of Any Form- April

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 4:30 pm

Okay, it's up, no need to create a rebel thread by yourself.  ;D

Today's been mediocre. I want something cool to happen.

Subject: Re: Feel Any Way, News of Any Form- April

Written By: nally on 04/01/06 at 4:32 pm

Thanks, man! ;)

Do you notice every month we go through this? I'm not on at 12:00 AM on the first of the month, and everyone wants to make it.

I'm on every day too, just not right at the break of dawn.. I'll make it when I get in.

I'm not on at midnite either... however, I am on at midnight when it's that time in the East Coast (then it's 9PM here).

Today's been pretty cool for me, too; I've had the house all to myself for the past 47 hours. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 4:34 pm

I'm bored too.

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 4:38 pm

I'm not on at midnite either... however, I am on at midnight when it's that time in the East Coast (then it's 9PM here).

Me either.. spot of sarcasm there, m'boy.  :D

I was just saying don't worry about the thread, I'll make the new one every month ASAP, or I leave the task to Beth if I'm unable (though that's only happened once).

Written By: Morton on 04/01/06 at 4:43 pm

Feeling alright (again). Not much happened tonight at work... or today, for that matter

Highlight of the day was probablies the interchanges between Philip Eno and Beth earlier  ;D Classic!

Oh! That reminds me, I owe a certain Mr Eno some applause for that...

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 4:46 pm

Nothing to do, once again, on a saturday afternoon. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/06 at 4:49 pm

Yeah, it's the April 2006 version, so I can now say how boringly ok I feel.  >:(  I'm feelin the need for a little nap time this afternoon

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 4:54 pm

I just hate this. An 18 year old's life shouldn't be this boring...

I think I'm going to go to superdickery.com

Written By: Morton on 04/01/06 at 4:56 pm

Listen to us all whining on about how bored we are all...

...I'm sure if Andrew was here he would me most unimpressed  >:(

Slapped wrists all around!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 4:57 pm

Andrew... you meanTubeway?

And yes im whining! My life is boring as hell.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/06 at 4:59 pm

I just hate this. An 18 year old's life shouldn't be this boring...

I think I'm going to go to superdickery.com
I agree, you need some adventure, some challenges. maybe you'll find some at superdickery.com

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 5:00 pm

I agree, you need some adventure, some challenges. maybe you'll find some at superdickery.com

LOL

Theres nothing interesting where I live in real life, so..

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 5:01 pm

And I'm getting really megapissed cause I keep trying to bring up the chic next door and my uncle ignores me or changes the subject. >:(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/06 at 5:12 pm

And I'm getting really megapissed cause I keep trying to bring up the chic next door and my uncle ignores me or changes the subject. >:(

keep her in your sights dude, who knows, maybe she'll do the unthinkable and make the first move

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 5:24 pm

And yes im whining! My life is boring as hell.

I don't get bored, actually... I start thinking. Even when everything is dead, sometimes just sitting, resting, and thinking about something can take up hours, and it feels great.. it's also very refreshing.

Start thinking about something that requires elaborate imagining... I sometimes think how the world would be different if certain things happened or didn't happen, how I'd like things, what I'd like to be doing and how that would be... it fills time nicely.

Or, stop sitting and go do something... you may not have the financial means to see a movie or something, but never underestimate the power of a walk or trying to write a song.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/01/06 at 8:10 pm

Feeling hungry...must have lunch ! :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/06 at 9:07 pm

Whoa, Didn't even see this thread..!

Today was alright, I worked, and it went pretty fast. Then I went to the store to pick up my pictures that were not yet developed (>:-{..) So now I have to wait until Tuesday. On the way home, I stopped at the cemetery for a while. Rolled down all the windows and listened to Elliott Smith. It was peaceful.

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 9:14 pm

Whoa.. I walked up to BlockBuster about 2 hours ago (an 8 minute walk if you're quick, I decided to race an Oingo Boingo song to BlockBuster and won.  ;D ) and I got my movie... another Asian Horror Flick, trying to scare myself... and apparently, the woman starring is really, really, really hot.

Aaaaannnnnnnnnnnnd... I just looked at the backkkkkkkk... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddd... there's..........

NUDITY!

SCORE! HOT ASIANS!!!

;D If you knew me, you'd know I have a huge thing for Asian women.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 9:28 pm

I am feeling pretty much stoked right about now!! For the past month I have been trying to win a nice Canon SLR camera on Ebay, and everytime I find one I end up getting outbid at the last minute...well tonight, I bid just in time and I WON!!! :)  It's a real nice one and it includes all sorts of extras (flash, lenses, carrying case, batteries, camera strap, filters, etc)...and the price was definitely right!!

Written By: nally on 04/01/06 at 9:42 pm

I ain't bored. I've been doing some things to keep myself busy.

Written By: Apricot on 04/01/06 at 9:44 pm

I ain't bored. I've been doing some things to keep myself busy.

You still got the house to yourself?

Written By: nally on 04/01/06 at 9:46 pm

You still got the house to yourself?

Nope. The family got home about three hours ago. :) I was expecting them back around that time. (4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/01/06 at 9:48 pm

The weather is really nice..

Written By: Howard on 04/02/06 at 7:01 am

I'm feeling pretty good today.Robin's doing good,Au Bon Pain is working out well and that's about it. :)

Written By: nally on 04/02/06 at 12:45 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today.Robin's doing good,Au Bon Pain is working out well and that's about it. :)

Good for you, Howard. :)

I'm feeling bummed because the forum seems "dead" right now... :-\\ :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/06 at 4:46 pm

Today started terrible and ended great. I have some stuff to do, but I'm feeling great. And I'mma relax once I get it done.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/02/06 at 5:10 pm

I am feeling pretty much stoked right about now!! For the past month I have been trying to win a nice Canon SLR camera on Ebay, and everytime I find one I end up getting outbid at the last minute...well tonight, I bid just in time and I WON!!! :)  It's a real nice one and it includes all sorts of extras (flash, lenses, carrying case, batteries, camera strap, filters, etc)...and the price was definitely right!!
sweet!  Way to go Erin. you finally got one  :) now you can post more pics

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/06 at 6:31 pm

Today started terrible and ended great. I have some stuff to do, but I'm feeling great. And I'mma relax once I get it done.

Well, it's all done, so now I'm relaxing. Gonna be a nice night.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/06 at 9:28 pm

had an enjoyable day...the sun was shining brightly as well! ;)

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/06 at 2:17 pm

had an enjoyable day...the sun was shining brightly as well! ;)

Really? It was rather grey over here...

Today was a decent day for me. I have a real good feeling about this week.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/03/06 at 2:18 pm

Having a good day so far. Work's going fast, as usual. Play practice is tonight, and we're currently having a pretty bad thunderstorm, which is awesome.

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/06 at 2:24 pm

Having a good day so far. Work's going fast, as usual. Play practice is tonight, and we're currently having a pretty bad thunderstorm, which is awesome.

Oh boy, that means it's coming for us soon!

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 2:40 pm

Feelin' pretty good today. I woke up feeling tired...but after having an espresso, I feel more awake. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/03/06 at 4:10 pm

Robin's Parents think I contaminate the couch and pillows with cum every time I go to her house to get romantic to watch a movie and make out.We don't get naked,We're just making out with each other,that's all.What's wrong with a boyfriend/girlfriend making love? Is that a problem? I mean,How would you feel if you were Her Parents? >:(  ::)

Written By: gemini on 04/03/06 at 4:34 pm

Robin's Parents think I contaminate the couch and pillows with cum every time I go to her house to get romantic to watch a movie and make out.We don't get naked,We're just making out with each other,that's all.What's wrong with a boyfriend/girlfriend making love? Is that a problem? I mean,How would you feel if you were Her Parents? >:(  ::)

"Making love" on the parents couch isn't a very good idea, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/06 at 4:59 pm

"Making love" on the parents couch isn't a very good idea, Howard.

Where do you think a good place to make love in the house? ???

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 5:05 pm

On her parents bed.

Right... I don't feel good.

Last night the tornado didn't do that much damage to the house, but because I was caught out in it, it damaged me. I took a stone in the head which left a good gash and when the transformers on the pylons exploded, I got showerd with sparks so I have some burns on my back. Last night I couldn't sleep because of obviously said discomforts and the ringing in my ears..

Written By: Howard on 04/03/06 at 5:06 pm

On her parents bed.

Last night the tornado didn't do that much damage to the house, but because I was caught out in it, it damaged me. I took a stone in the head which left a good gash and when the transformers on the pylons exploded, I got showerd with sparks so I have some burns on my back. Last night I couldn't sleep because of obviously said discomforts and the ringing in my ears..

Or on her bed,Maybe.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/03/06 at 5:06 pm

Rained today. A LOT.
When I walked to and from school, too.  >:(

I had a B-day schedule today, which means I have all my boring classes shoved into one day. I tried the thinking thing that Andrew does... Doesn't work when a teacher won't leave you alone about radicals and quadratic equations.  ::)

Math sucks.

Written By: gemini on 04/03/06 at 5:10 pm

In her parents house? Nowhere. But you have to remember, you're talking to a parent.  ;)

Written By: gemini on 04/03/06 at 5:12 pm

On her parents bed.

You were actually caught out in a tornado? Wow, you're lucky you didn't get hurt worse than that.  We had some pretty strong winds and a roof was torn off near us, but nothing too bad. Today is the 32nd anniversary of the Xenia tornado that most of my family was in. This kind of weather makes me really nervous.  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 5:16 pm

You were actually caught out in a tornado? Wow, you're lucky you didn't get hurt worse than that.  We had some pretty strong winds and a roof was torn off near us, but nothing too bad. Today is the 32nd anniversary of the Xenia tornado that most of my family was in. This kind of weather makes me really nervous.  :-\\

I'm fairly used to Tornado's but this one was pretty nasty, right near by and yes I was caught out, I got inside maybe 2 minutes before the main part came through.

Written By: gemini on 04/03/06 at 5:20 pm

I'm fairly used to Tornado's but this one was pretty nasty, right near by and yes I was caught out, I got inside maybe 2 minutes before the main part came through.

Well, hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/06 at 5:36 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are on the mend soon.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 04/03/06 at 6:15 pm

On her parents bed.

...WHILE THEY'RE IN IT.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/03/06 at 6:17 pm

...WHILE THEY'RE IN IT.

That.. was incredible. Thanks for saving the board from being completely dead, Andrew.

Written By: jaytee on 04/03/06 at 6:32 pm

Howard if it were my daughter and I thought the bloke she was going out with was only interested in pantsing her and nothing else, he'd be out on his ear before he knew what was happening.  I think you're lucky that they tolerate you as much as they do.

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 7:24 pm

Well, hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.  :)

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are on the mend soon.

Thanks you's guys. I'm alright, a bit sore and a bit flustered but it ain't a big deal, I got on with stuff today.
Where I take my dog like 3 times a week, a Guy was killed.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/03/06 at 8:10 pm

On her parents bed.

whoa Shep/LaRoche,  that is an amazing experience and I am glad you're ok, and on the mend. Take care

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/06 at 8:11 pm

Well if I were one of her parents and sat on the couch and found some *ahem* residue on it,  :o  I would be a bit miffed.  I would not want to be sitting in a puddle of some other guy's junk.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/03/06 at 8:17 pm

Howard if it were my daughter and I thought the bloke she was going out with was only interested in pantsing her and nothing else, he'd be out on his ear before he knew what was happening.  I think you're lucky that they tolerate you as much as they do.

I don't think this is fair to say about the guy.  Give him a break, he's a virgin for chrissake. I'm sure he cares more about Robin than just sex.  And besides, him and Robin are both adults..

Written By: La Roche on 04/03/06 at 10:17 pm

whoa Shep/LaRoche,  that is an amazing experience and I am glad you're ok, and on the mend. Take care

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, I'm pretty exhausted, I didn't sleep at all last night. Can't go to sleep yet, there is still work to be done.. which makes me feel miserable  :(

Oh well, Triple H beat John Cena tonight (for those who know what I'm talking about - that puts me in a good mood)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/03/06 at 10:58 pm

I don't think this is fair to say about the guy.  Give him a break, he's a virgin for chrissake. I'm sure he cares more about Robin than just sex.  And besides, him and Robin are both adults..

adults or not, Robin still lives with her parents...so she must adhere to their rules.  If they want their couches to remain clean...then that is their prerogative. Robin and Howard need to find somewhere else to do their dirty business. ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/03/06 at 11:41 pm

adults or not, Robin still lives with her parents...so she must adhere to their rules.  If they want their couches to remain clean...then that is their prerogative. Robin and Howard need to find somewhere else to do their dirty business. ;)

Oh i agree with that. its just she seemed to be saying that Howard shouldn't have sex with her if parents don't like it, or that they should send him down the road for wanting to.  Which i whole-heartedly disagree with.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/04/06 at 2:49 am

Thanks Mike.

Yeah, I'm pretty exhausted, I didn't sleep at all last night. Can't go to sleep yet, there is still work to be done.. which makes me feel miserable  :(

Oh well, Triple H beat John Cena tonight (for those who know what I'm talking about - that puts me in a good mood)
sure Shep, you're welcome to the concern. I saw some dude being interviewed at a hospital and he also got caught in a tornado and had a tree hit his car and he said he was going about 70 mph so the impact caused him to hit and bruise his chest on the steering wheel. Must have been surreal man.

I saw Micki james come out totally lookin like Trish  :o  I loved it. the diva matches are the main event in my viewpoint but they're over too quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed Vince's ranting at Shawn Michaels that  Shane was emotionally scarred frm having his head shoved up Vinces rectum .  LMAO and then he referred to Shane as the seed of his semen. OMG  :o  that almost got Shawn laughing.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 7:02 am

In her parents house? Nowhere. But you have to remember, you're talking to a parent.  ;)

Gemini,They also think that I'm contaminated because they always see that I always blow my nose almost all the time.It's not my fault I have nasal drip. >:(

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 7:03 am

...WHILE THEY'RE IN IT.

That wouldn't look good TG.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 7:08 am

Erin,They also think that I'm contaminated because they see me almost all the time blowing my nose.It's not my fault that I've had nasal drip since I was a kid.I can't help that.That's probably the reason why they're always hiding the small pillows on their couch away from the both of us. >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/04/06 at 7:14 am

Erin,They also think that I'm contaminated because they see me almost all the time blowing my nose.It's not my fault that I've had nasal drip since I was a kid.I can't help that.That's probably the reason why they're always hiding the small pillows on their couch away from the both of us. >:(

did they actually come out and say something regarding that they don't want you sitting on the couches, etc...or is it just you thinking that they don't like it?

Written By: jaytee on 04/04/06 at 7:52 am

Well it's a pity Howard doesn't act like an adult.

Written By: La Roche on 04/04/06 at 8:12 am

sure Shep, you're welcome to the concern. I saw some dude being interviewed at a hospital and he also got caught in a tornado and had a tree hit his car and he said he was going about 70 mph so the impact caused him to hit and bruise his chest on the steering wheel. Must have been surreal man.

I saw Micki james come out totally lookin like Trish  :o  I loved it. the diva matches are the main event in my viewpoint but they're over too quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed Vince's ranting at Shawn Michaels that  Shane was emotionally scarred frm having his head shoved up Vinces rectum .  LMAO and then he referred to Shane as the seed of his semen. OMG  :o  that almost got Shawn laughing.

Yeah, it'z bizare, with everything just flying around.. pretty scary.

Yeah she fukken did didn't she, she's better IMO.
D.X to reform?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/04/06 at 12:27 pm

Yeah, it'z bizare, with everything just flying around.. pretty scary.

Yeah she fukken did didn't she, she's better IMO.
D.X to reform?

Micki kicks butt, DX would be cool, I saw the tail end of that part and Shawn giving Vince the 2 word thing and remember how funny that used to be, so yeah, they need to do something like that, but I think Shawn won't be around too much longer in the ring, hes getting old and taking a beating.

*I feel good today*  (topic)

Written By: La Roche on 04/04/06 at 12:30 pm

Micki kicks butt, DX would be cool, I saw the tail end of that part and Shawn giving Vince the 2 word thing and remember how funny that used to be, so yeah, they need to do something like that, but I think Shawn won't be around too much longer in the ring, hes getting old and taking a beating.

*I feel good today*  (topic)

Shawn ain't goin' anywhere for a while, he's still in tip top physical condition.
He's gonna challenge for the strap IMO.

Written By: Apricot on 04/04/06 at 2:07 pm

That wouldn't look good TG.

Sure it would, I'm sure they'd love it. Come now, who wouldn't?

Anyway..

Oh My God, last night was horrible. My father has vowed never to speak to me again (and if you know him, when he's serious, he is damn good at holding a grudge), my mother is mad at me.

Funny... I say one thing out of anger, and apologize for it right after.. I take full responsibilty for everything. I'm not forgiven. My father routinely says bad things to me, and has countless times said things much worse then what I said to him, and I've forgiven him and tried to move on. And yet somehow, I'm the one who "debliberately ruins this household for everyone there".

But no one wants to listen, and quite frankly, I don't want them to hear it. So what do I get to do? Stuff my fat f--king face with more food, get sick and throw it back up, get screamed at every night, deal with a bunch of a--holes who think they know what I'm going through and keep asking me stupid questions all day... What a lovely existence!

He was right.. I know he was right...

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 4:34 pm

did they actually come out and say something regarding that they don't want you sitting on the couches, etc...or is it just you thinking that they don't like it?

I guess Robin's parents know that Her And I like to make out a lot on the couch but they never said anything.They're just germaphobic,I don't know what else is there to say.They're crazy but If they want me to play their games,I will.I'll bring a can of Lysol and my own small pillow.I've just about had enough of their crap.They piss me off but Robin says that I shouldn't worry about them,Just ignore the situation. >:(

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 4:36 pm

They just want us to be more responsible Jaytee.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/06 at 4:39 pm

Have you forgotten that I still live with mine? I guess Her and I could wait for sex but a little fooling around won't hurt just as long as it doesn't go too far.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/04/06 at 10:12 pm

Have you forgotten that I still live with mine? I guess Her and I could wait for sex but a little fooling around won't hurt just as long as it doesn't go too far.

no I didn't forget...it's just that it is Robin's parents that are doing the complaining....I didn't mention your parents because it seems like they don't complain about stuff like hers.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/05/06 at 11:30 am

Well well, look who is just Miss high and mighty.  We can only aspire to be a mature as you.

You can't expect something out of people that is not there.  Howard is obviously a special person.  Get my drift? >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/06 at 12:09 pm

my neck is a bit sore, I think I slept wrong on it or something....other than that, today has been pretty uneventful so far.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/05/06 at 12:18 pm

Feeling a bit sad, Anna my work colleague has just been to collect little Marmite - the 7month old kitten I was looking after - the place seems boring now without her and her crazy antics. 

Written By: nally on 04/05/06 at 4:37 pm

Yesterday I felt bummed when my umbrella broke (right where the trunk attaches to the shield (or whatever the part is called that's supposed to block the rain from getting to ya)), so I had to carry it around with me until I got a new one. Now I've got a new one and I hope it lasts me a while.

Written By: Howard on 04/05/06 at 5:03 pm

no I didn't forget...it's just that it is Robin's parents that are doing the complaining....I didn't mention your parents because it seems like they don't complain about stuff like hers.

My Parents are not germaphobics,Thank God for that. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/06 at 5:25 pm

My Parents are not germaphobics,Thank God for that. ::)

do they like Robin? Do they give you guys your privacy, knowing that you are an adult?  Maybe you should stick to hanging out at your house, if the situation is better off there.

Written By: jaytee on 04/05/06 at 5:50 pm

Well well, look who is just Miss high and mighty.  We can only aspire to be a mature as you.

Give it a rest - I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/05/06 at 8:44 pm

Having a good day. Worked, then went to the church to help set up for the play... when I got there, everything was done, so I went to the store and found this really unique looking material that I'm going to make a skirt with.

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 9:55 am

Well...my day has gotten off to a good start...and I hope it continues to stay that way! 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/06 at 10:46 am

today is great so far....I received the camera in the mail, that I had won off of Ebay....it's just beautiful...in mint condiiton! :)  Hopefully the rest of the day goes just as well. ;)

Written By: Apricot on 04/06/06 at 2:10 pm

Oh my God.. the past few days have been absolutely horrible.

I'm getting a job so I can move out as soon as I graduate, if not earlier. This is too much.

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 2:20 pm

Well...my day has gotten off to a good start...and I hope it continues to stay that way! 8)

But now...I'm feelin' rather tired. :-\\ Probably because spring break is coming up soon...

Written By: Howard on 04/06/06 at 2:21 pm

do they like Robin? Do they give you guys your privacy, knowing that you are an adult?  Maybe you should stick to hanging out at your house, if the situation is better off there.

My parents only met her once which was in July 2005,Independence Day weekend which she was eager to come over and meet my Parents at home to shoot the breeze and talk for a while.So my family,Her And I all went to Charlie Brown's Steakhouse for dinner that night and they took her home later on in the evening.The next month August,I asked her if she wanted to come over because my Parents went to Las Vegas for the week and I was extremely horny but that final last day of their trip they took a plane and a cab coming home so my parents weren't home at the time so I had to get her in the house to fool around for a couple of hours and to try to get her out of the house before my Parents came home.I just didn't want to get into trouble.She also thinks that My house is too far away and Her Father,overprotective that he is,He'll wind up looking at the car gauge and blame Robin for taking such a long drive.That's about it.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/06/06 at 2:25 pm

Oh my God.. the past few days have been absolutely horrible.

I'm getting a job so I can move out as soon as I graduate, if not earlier. This is too much.

Jeez, what happened?

And the job/moving out thing, that's probably the best idea ever.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/06 at 2:27 pm

You can't expect something out of people that is not there.  Howard is obviously a special person.  Get my drift? >:(

It's Ok Dude.You don't have to stick up for me. ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/06/06 at 3:05 pm

I am feeling really good today because I sold one of my pottery pieces on eBay last night!  :D

Written By: gemini on 04/06/06 at 4:52 pm

I am feeling really good today because I sold one of my pottery pieces on eBay last night!  :D

That's great Karen! Is that something you've been doing for awhile? Selling on ebay? I don't think I've heard you mention it before.  It's a great way to make some extra money and show off your talent as well!  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/06/06 at 5:10 pm

Jeez, what happened?

And the job/moving out thing, that's probably the best idea ever.

If Andrew gets a job, that's even more time away from home...

Written By: Apricot on 04/06/06 at 7:07 pm

If Andrew gets a job, that's even more time away from home...

Well, you know, moving out keeps me away from home quite a bit too.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/06/06 at 7:09 pm

Congratulations!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 10:13 pm

Give it a rest - I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. 

You shouldn't mess with people who are "disadvantaged".  Do you still not get what I'm saying here?

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 10:16 pm

It's Ok Dude.You don't have to stick up for me. ;)

Its just, ya see Howard, people are always talking about how people should just be themselves.  And I think you are yourself, so how is it right to say you shouldn't be?

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 10:56 pm

I feel like I have hardly any energy left in me...good thing I have a 10-day spring break starting tomorrow! :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 11:08 pm

I feel like I have hardly any energy left in me...good thing I have a 10-day spring break starting tomorrow! :D

Enjoy it. 8)

Written By: nally on 04/06/06 at 11:12 pm

Enjoy it. 8)

I intend to. :) O0

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/06/06 at 11:18 pm

Its just, ya see Howard, people are always talking about how people should just be themselves.  And I think you are yourself, so how is it right to say you shouldn't be?

So if it's wrong for people to criticize other people - why don't you practice that and lay off jaytee? Can't have it both ways. Most people, however, have opinions about other people, and they're not always 100% positive. Aren't they entitled to them? I don't think this would even be a big deal if you'd let it drop. It would be over by now sans this additional fuel you continue to add to the fire...

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 11:32 pm

So if it's wrong for people to criticize other people - why don't you practice that and lay off jaytee? Can't have it both ways. Most people, however, have opinions about other people, and they're not always 100% positive. Aren't they entitled to them? I don't think this would even be a big deal if you'd let it drop. It would be over by now sans this additional fuel you continue to add to the fire...

I'll explain it to you on AIM so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.  I may have to do the same with jaytee it seems.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/06 at 6:25 am

ummm.....your house is no farther away from her than hers is from you ???

Her Father has driven Robin to my house once and he got confused and Robin is so terrible with directions that she would most likely get lost herself while driving so going to my house is out of the question at the moment right now.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/07/06 at 6:58 am

feeling crappy for some reason so far (it's only 8 am though).  It's one of those days where you notice every little thing, and it pisses you off. >:(

Written By: Apricot on 04/07/06 at 2:17 pm

And I think you are yourself, so how is it right to say you shouldn't be?

So, if I enjoyed urinating on people's furniture, I should urinate on people's furniture? See, sometimes we have to censor our habits and delights for the sake of others. I have to settle for urinating on my own furniture.

I'm not going to take sides, but I can at least understand what Robin's parents are saying... maybe it's that they just don't want to see their child making out, let alone on their sofa. I think jaytee said it rather rudely, but I'd feel similarly.. I don't care what you do, just not in front of me.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/06 at 2:24 pm

So, if I enjoyed urinating on people's furniture, I should urinate on people's furniture? See, sometimes we have to censor our habits and delights for the sake of others. I have to settle for urinating on my own furniture.

I'm not going to take sides, but I can at least understand what Robin's parents are saying... maybe it's that they just don't want to see their child making out, let alone on their sofa. I think jaytee said it rather rudely, but I'd feel similarly.. I don't care what you do, just not in front of me.

That's why when I come over,Her parents are either hiding in the den or out for the day.I wouldn't be suprised if they had a small camera in the house somewhere.You never know with the minds that they have.Her parents could be up to something.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/06 at 2:25 pm

I don't know.People are different in every way.

Written By: Apricot on 04/07/06 at 2:32 pm

That's why when I come over,Her parents are either hiding in the den or out for the day.I wouldn't be suprised if they had a small camera in the house somewhere.You never know with the minds that they have.Her parents could be up to something.

Hmm.. I don't think they'd go THAT far, but I really don't know them... maybe, but I think they trust you and Robin more then that. I think they just stay in the den because they don't want to have to watch you.. it's prolly not a trust issue so much as it is respecting your privacy. But they don't want anything sexual going on in their house.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/06 at 2:37 pm

Hmm.. I don't think they'd go THAT far, but I really don't know them... maybe, but I think they trust you and Robin more then that. I think they just stay in the den because they don't want to have to watch you.. it's prolly not a trust issue so much as it is respecting your privacy. But they don't want anything sexual going on in their house.

That's why I want to go to a motel but Robin refused cause we have to save up our money or obtain full time jobs and going back to my house is much too far for her to be driving so my best bet is to go to her House and then see her Parents scatter out the door for the day until they come back late at night after I've gone home.Must be a plan of theirs that they work out with Robin and themselves.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/07/06 at 6:52 pm

I had a good day. Work was crazy. We were so busy and unorganized. Ugh. It went fast, though. Afterwards, I went to the cemetery, wrote a journal entry, and just walked around enjoying the warm weather we're currently having. Now I'm just about to cook my Chinese food, sit and watch some movies that I rented.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/06 at 8:22 pm

i usually feel better just because it's Friday and i don't work weekends and this weekend is pretty much revolving around food, fun,fellowship, not much else.  8)

Written By: nally on 04/07/06 at 11:59 pm

I had a little sinus pressure for most of today (Friday)...could've been stress-induced. :-\\ It's all gone now, thank god. Incidentally, I remember feeling similar exactly three years ago to the date (April 7, 2003).

Written By: rich1981 on 04/08/06 at 1:29 am

I'm feeling alright, just resting after a long work week.

Written By: Apricot on 04/08/06 at 9:10 pm

Was up all of last night... 7 PM to AM for a band thing.. a lot of fun, it was.

After getting a very little amount of sleep, we went to my cousin's birthday party and stayed way too long.. and then my dad wanted to grill some steaks, so we stayed longer. We were there 9 hours.

I'm just glad to be home.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/08/06 at 10:18 pm

I had a really good day today! :)

Written By: Howard on 04/09/06 at 7:17 am

I had a pretty busy day yesterday at Au Bon Pain.Got everything done and it was pretty hectic too. :o  :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 10:41 am

Today looks like it might be a decent day.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/09/06 at 12:21 pm

The sun is shining today, it's very lovely....I think it's gonna be a good one!! :)

Written By: La Roche on 04/09/06 at 12:28 pm

I'm cold and wolves are after me..

Actually.

I'm pretty hungover, really tied one on last night, have a really busy day planned so I'll get better as the day goes on  :)

Written By: KKay on 04/09/06 at 12:49 pm

I'm mad at everyone.  I'm gong to take my aggression out on the dirt in the garden.  If that doesnt' work, then next time you see me may be in my nationally televised trial - as a defendant.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/06 at 1:59 pm

Today kicks butt.  :)

Got some electrical work done around my house today.  :)

Written By: Morton on 04/09/06 at 4:10 pm

Haven't been feeling myself lately, not sure why

Anyway, tomorrow is the start of the Easter Holidays (2 weeks) over here, so at least I have a (much needed) break from sixth form for a while. Also managed to get the second weekend off work, so i'll be going with my nana and grandad to the caravan for a few days. At long last, a break from the school/work cycle

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 4:35 pm

Aye.. I wish we could order a pizza that didn't suck. But my father has to get the most bizzare toppings and refuses to order from anywhere except this place that absolutely sucks.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/09/06 at 5:00 pm

The one bad part about being generally optimistic is that, when bad news comes, it's crushing regardless of the magnitude. Today isn't my best day.

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 5:23 pm

The one bad part about being generally optimistic is that, when bad news comes, it's crushing regardless of the magnitude. Today isn't my best day.

Yeah, that would be a downfall. I try to think in balance: Hope for the best, plan for the worst. It helps me most of the time.

Hope you feel better.

Written By: gemini on 04/09/06 at 6:34 pm

I was planning on taking the weekend of the 22 off. My co-worker in the office said she'd work for me, then today she came in and said she can't now because her daughter bought her Tim Mcgraw tickets for that saturday and they're spending the night in Columbus afterwards. I was pretty pissed, but not much I can do about it now. This is the second time in a month that she's done this. The way it looks, I'll never get a weekend off.  :(

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 6:39 pm

You can't really always be yourself, or at least I can't without being scorned.  Whats the point?

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 6:54 pm

I'm a dislikeable b@stard and noone will ever love me.

I wish I was normal.. *sigh*

Be normal, but feel dead inside for not being true to myself..

..or be true to myself and isolated.. theres no way to win

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/09/06 at 6:57 pm

What's up Alex, should I get you a sammich  ;D ;D

Stop being silly!! 

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 6:58 pm

What's up Alex, should I get you a sammich  ;D ;D

Stop being silly!! 

:( I just don't feel like I belong in this world..

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 6:59 pm

Not with that attitude they won't.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 7:00 pm

Not with that attitude they won't.

*shrugs* they don't anyhow

the only person i can really count on in this world is myself

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/06 at 7:02 pm

Aye.. I wish we could order a pizza that didn't suck. But my father has to get the most bizzare toppings and refuses to order from anywhere except this place that absolutely sucks.

Pizza that comes from suckdom is the WORST  :P

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 7:04 pm

Pizza that comes from suckdom is the WORST   :P

And that's all we EVER buy. My dad goes out of town occasionally, and we get real pizza.

*shrugs* they don't anyhow

the only person i can really count on in this world is myself

I felt that way once... and that mentality doesn't get you any friends, any contact... and you can pretty much kiss any hope for contact goodbye. Women don't necessarily dig confidence, but they certainly don't dig self-loathing.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 7:08 pm

I felt that way once... and that mentality doesn't get you any friends, any contact... and you can pretty much kiss any hope for contact goodbye. Women don't necessarily dig confidence, but they certainly don't dig self-loathing.

who cares anymore? what have they ever done for me? I was always the vigilant friend and would listen to their numerous complaints, but i never warranted affection.  Instead it was always some a$$hole who did.

Written By: Morton on 04/09/06 at 7:09 pm

I don't mind you, you seem decent enough to me...

Believe me, there are far more dislikable people in the world (and indeed, these boards) than you

People piss me off at times too, no need to beat yourself up because of it

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 7:11 pm

who cares anymore? what have they ever done for me? I was always the vigilant friend and would listen to their numerous complaints, but i never warranted affection.  Instead it was always some a$$hole who did.

You're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. All the bullsh-t you hear about the "friend zone", all the crap advice.. if you're hanging out with girls who like a--holes, you're with the wrong group.. they're the girls who don't deserve you.

My advice is to stop going for that type of woman.. find someone who really deserves you.

And you have to consider.. people are still young. They'll change.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 7:14 pm

You're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. All the bullsh-t you hear about the "friend zone", all the crap advice.. if you're hanging out with girls who like a--holes, you're with the wrong group.. they're the girls who don't deserve you.

My advice is to stop going for that type of woman.. find someone who really deserves you.

Well i know the friend zone thing is true from experience.  I asked out friends in high school, and i got hit with the "I like you as a friend" line of course.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/06 at 7:30 pm

Well i know the friend zone thing is true from experience.  I asked out friends in high school, and i got hit with the "I like you as a friend" line of course.

It really sux when a girl uses the F-word on you....  :-\\

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 7:39 pm

It really sux when a girl uses the F-word on you....  :-\\

Its the Hydrogen bomb of emasculation.

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 7:50 pm

Its the Hydrogen bomb of emasculation.

No, no.. you know what's worse? Not getting a response at all. Try pouring our your pathetic little bleeding heart to someone, and then all you get is an "ok" and then not a word for 3 days. THEN she gives you the "friend" line.

THAT hurts.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 8:07 pm

I'm eating cookies right now..  makes me feel better. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/09/06 at 11:56 pm

Had an ok day I guess...

having fun with my new Bowie songbook.

Life On Mars? Is a great song to play on the piano.

Written By: nally on 04/10/06 at 12:18 am

Had a great day. Today was my dad's birthday...he had a wonderful day. :)

Written By: jaytee on 04/10/06 at 12:23 am

I'm the opposite expect the worst - then anything good or positive is a bonus!  :(

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/10/06 at 4:31 am

I think that's great advice there TG

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 4:34 am

Spending the whole day on the internet on a gloomy autumn's day isn't bound to release any endorphins soon.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/10/06 at 4:40 am

Spending the whole day on the internet on a gloomy autumn's day isn't bound to release any endorphins soon.

You're right.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/06 at 7:22 am

Had a great day. Today was my dad's birthday...he had a wonderful day. :)

Cool!! :)

Today is good so far, it's another sunny day! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/10/06 at 10:41 am

When it's gloomy is the time when.. you.. I dunno. Go for a walk!

The sun may not be shining, but at least you won't be ... sweating..?

Aw, who am I kidding?! Stay online!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 12:12 pm

But whos that?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/06 at 1:27 pm

My stomach has been feeling very queasy all day. It started about 4:30 this morning. It seems to be improving but still... :P

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/10/06 at 1:31 pm

My stomach has been feeling very queasy all day. It started about 4:30 this morning. It seems to be improving but still... :P

Cat

I'm sorry to hear that, Cat...hope you feel better soon!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/06 at 1:57 pm

Thanks. I hope so, too.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 1:59 pm

Catwoman!  So we meet again...

Here..

..use this Battobismol, then YOU are going back to Arkham. >:(

;D ;D

Written By: nally on 04/10/06 at 2:26 pm

I second that. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/06 at 2:29 pm

I second that. ;)

Thanks. My stomach still hurts a bit but I am starting to feel a bit better.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 2:54 pm

Thanks. I find a lot of my friends go for this type of girl, and they're such nice, great guys, they're never going to get anywhere.

It's a pity girls seem to like that...

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/10/06 at 2:55 pm

Thanks. My stomach still hurts a bit but I am starting to feel a bit better.

Cat

Hope your recovery continues speedily!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 2:56 pm

Thanks. I find a lot of my friends go for this type of girl, and they're such nice, great guys, they're never going to get anywhere.

It's a pity girls seem to like that...

I think you're sincerely mistaken in your assumption that a girl who dates an @sshole must be a jerk herself.  Not true at all. I knew some very sweet girls in high school with ahole boyfriends.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/10/06 at 3:17 pm

Hope your recovery continues speedily!

Thanks. I think the Sprite I have been drinking has been helping.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/10/06 at 3:59 pm

I had a pretty good day today and yesterday as well.Work is going good and Robin is still as beautiful as ever.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 4:04 pm

I think you're sincerely mistaken in your assumption that a girl who dates an @sshole must be a jerk herself.  Not true at all. I knew some very sweet girls in high school with ahole boyfriends.

I never once implied the girl themself was bad.. I just said that some girls GO for jerks... not everyone who goes for someone is that themself. That would imply every girl that went for me was a musician, which hasn't been true, in my experience.

I knew some sweet girls with the same type of boyfriends myself.. not many, but I have known a few. But I never implied anything wrong the girl. It's just that they go for that type of guy, and it's a damn shame, because it takes away from more deserving guys.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 6:39 pm

I feel depressed.  Again.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/06 at 6:40 pm

I feel depressed.  Again.
Batman looks depressed in this pic  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/06 at 6:43 pm

I never once implied the girl themself was bad.. I just said that some girls GO for jerks... not everyone who goes for someone is that themself. That would imply every girl that went for me was a musician, which hasn't been true, in my experience.

I knew some sweet girls with the same type of boyfriends myself.. not many, but I have known a few. But I never implied anything wrong the girl. It's just that they go for that type of guy, and it's a damn shame, because it takes away from more deserving guys.

In high school and college the hot chicks always go for the jerks.  Is the law of the jungle.

But by the mid-thirties, the jerks look (and act) like bums, and the hotties really show the mileage.  All of a sudden the middle-of-the-road women come into their stride and are the "new hot" ditto for the middle-of-road guys.

Above all as evidenced by my high school reunions...

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 6:44 pm

Batman looks depressed in this pic  :(

Well.. Batmans always a little depressed, hes the original emo kid.

But it does fit my mood right now..

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/06 at 7:06 pm

Well.. Batmans always a little depressed, hes the original emo kid.

But it does fit my mood right now..
does he usually pulll himself out of it or is that why he fights crime and injustice, because helping others who need him gets his mind off himself  ??? The kane name is in your family? that's a pretty cool connection you have there. 

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/10/06 at 7:09 pm

Feeling much better today. Still have a lot to catch up on but I'm working out the thing that brought me down yesterday... fingers crossed that the powers that be here let me work it out completely! Other than that, just gotta catch up on work and I'll feel somewhat less stressed, but that's what I always have to do, so... back to my usual chipper self I guess :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 7:10 pm

In high school and college the hot chicks always go for the jerks.  Is the law of the jungle.

Not entirely. I've been approached by several hot girls in my day... and I'm no jerk by any means.

It happens a lot.. but it seems to be with a certain type of girl.. not always attractive girls, but a lot of them are attractive. I guess I have a sense for those girls and never even bothered.. the feelings never develop.. I guess that personality cult draws me away.

Although there are exceptions with sweet girls who like jerks or "jerk-seeker" personality-type girls who don't seek jerks necessarily.

Written By: La Roche on 04/10/06 at 7:19 pm

Not entirely. I've been approached by several hot girls in my day... and I'm no jerk by any means.

It happens a lot.. but it seems to be with a certain type of girl.. not always attractive girls, but a lot of them are attractive. I guess I have a sense for those girls and never even bothered.. the feelings never develop.. I guess that personality cult draws me away.

Although there are exceptions with sweet girls who like jerks or "jerk-seeker" personality-type girls who don't seek jerks necessarily.

It all depends..

You don't like sports, you like rather different music, and don't appear to be fluent in the lower forms of communication that many high schoolers use. Thus.
Everybody unlike you in your eyes will be a jerk and vice versa.
I am going to assume that by jerk you mean grit chewing football players.
Probably not the brightest bulb admittedly, but by no means a jerk factory.
All comes down to personal taste.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/06 at 7:20 pm

Feeling much better today. Still have a lot to catch up on but I'm working out the thing that brought me down yesterday... fingers crossed that the powers that be here let me work it out completely! Other than that, just gotta catch up on work and I'll feel somewhat less stressed, but that's what I always have to do, so... back to my usual chipper self I guess :)
your new DELTA house name is *Chipper*   sounds like you're back on track. less stress is good  

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 7:27 pm

You don't like sports, you like rather different music, and don't appear to be fluent in the lower forms of communication that many high schoolers use. Thus.
Everybody unlike you in your eyes will be a jerk and vice versa.
I am going to assume that by jerk you mean grit chewing football players.

No, not really. I don't mind those people, at least they're genuine. My definition of "jerk" is, basically, a hypocritcal, narcississtic, smirky bastard. Very condescending, very different person depending on who they're talking to. They tend to play a lot of roles, so many you really don't know the real them, but they give you the impression the real them is a dick.

THOSE are the guys I see those type of girls go for. They're different from me, but that's not why I find them to be a jerk. I find them to be jerks because they're lying pricks.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/10/06 at 7:30 pm

your new DELTA house name is *Chipper*  sounds like you're back on track. less stress is good 

;D

I haven't seen Animal House in forever, man... totally seems like something I need to do soon... thanks for the good idea!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 7:57 pm

does he usually pulll himself out of it or is that why he fights crime and injustice, because helping others who need him gets his mind off himself  ??? The kane name is in your family? that's a pretty cool connection you have there. 

Well, he is depressed b/c his parents were murdered right infront of him when he was just 10, and its a fixation he can't get rid of. The guilt that he could do nothing to prevent it consumed him, so he made a vow to help rid the city of that element.  For many years he was lost, but eventually he created the Batman persona.  For him, Batman isn't just the symbol he uses for his mission, he is PART of him.  Infact, as far as he is concerned, he IS Batman, and Bruce Wayne is the real disguise(in public he always puts on the "Fopish playboy" act).

A lot of people(including myself) see the Batman persona(the way Bruce Wayne uses it) as the personification of the Jungian "shadow".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_%28psychology%29

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/06 at 8:00 pm

;D

I haven't seen Animal House in forever, man... totally seems like something I need to do soon... thanks for the good idea!
I hear ya, and I may have to join you but it's gotta be the unedited version because network tv butchers it badly.

Well, he is depressed b/c his parents were murdered right infront of him when he was just 10, and its a fixation he can't get rid of. The guilt that he could do nothing to prevent it consumed him, so he made a vow to help rid the city of that element.  For many years he was lost, but eventually he created the Batman persona.  For him, Batman isn't just the symbol he uses for his mission, he is PART of him.  Infact, as far as he is concerned, he IS Batman, and Bruce Wayne is the real disguise(in public he always puts on the "Fopish playboy" act).

A lot of people(including myself) see the Batman persona(the way Bruce Wayne uses it) as the personification of the Jungian "shadow".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_%28psychology%29
thanks for the insight into the Batman. Adam west doesn't quite capture the essence

Written By: nally on 04/10/06 at 9:51 pm

I've felt pretty good today...it's great to have a whole week off. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 11:18 pm

I hear ya, and I may have to join you but it's gotta be the unedited version because network tv butchers it badly.
thanks for the insight into the Batman. Adam west doesn't quite capture the essence

Hehe, well that show was just a parody of the old Batman serials from the 40s(which were MEANT to be serious but were very, very lousily done).

Written By: La Roche on 04/11/06 at 8:15 am

I watched it on SkCinemax last night in it's unedited version.....Hubby made me watch it because I'd never seen it :o

Great film.

You would have been better served watching pulp fiction but still, good choice.

Written By: La Roche on 04/11/06 at 8:34 am

I've seen Pulp Fiction tons of times.....even have it on DVD 8) 

Which is all well and good.. but.. you still should have watched it. It's mandatory.

Written By: KKay on 04/11/06 at 9:03 am

I stayed up last night and watched it...I alwasy forget how good it is.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/11/06 at 9:15 am

I've felt pretty good today...it's great to have a whole week off. :)

Congratulations on having a week off!  I'd applaud you for that if I could.

Written By: La Roche on 04/11/06 at 12:55 pm

I stayed up last night and watched it...I alwasy forget how good it is.

Turd!

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed"
'Me too'

*both stay up for another 2 hours to watch a movie*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/06 at 2:08 pm

Saw it one time and just couldn't get "into" it.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/11/06 at 2:12 pm

I'm having a pretty good week so far.I'm looking forward to more days and hours at Au Bon Pain.

http://go.compass-usa.com/ncr-duluth/editor/images/abp.jpg O0

Written By: nally on 04/11/06 at 3:02 pm

Congratulations on having a week off!  I'd applaud you for that if I could.

Well, go ahead...oh wait, you need to have a hundred posts before you can applaud anyone, right? :-\\

Written By: gemini on 04/11/06 at 3:39 pm

Cat

Ah, no!! We have the DVD, love it! Try again, maybe you'll change your mind  :D

Written By: CeeKay on 04/11/06 at 4:59 pm

Well, go ahead...oh wait, you need to have a hundred posts before you can applaud anyone, right? :-\\

I think that's right 'cause I don't ever see the "applaud" button yet.  But I'm close.  Shouldn't take long.

Written By: Apricot on 04/11/06 at 5:03 pm

That's my dad's favorite movie.. I saw a bit and liked it myself.

Written By: Apricot on 04/11/06 at 6:40 pm

Today was okay. Tomorrow should be fairly relaxing.. I'm going to re-apply for the library card I lost.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/06 at 9:11 pm

Today kicked major butt.  Big time.  :)

I managed to get a job for a buddy of mine who was out of work.  Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 12:41 am

Hey, me too.  I feel like such a loser!  I thought I was the only one.  But maybe I'll try again.  Maybe I've changed since then  8)

Written By: KKay on 04/12/06 at 8:40 am

Turd!

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed"
'Me too'

*both stay up for another 2 hours to watch a movie*

I did go right to sleep last night....i didn't watch the rest of "Saw".
And you have insomnia.

Written By: KKay on 04/12/06 at 10:17 am

I just found out that a man I worked with on charity events with died.  He was a most caring and sacrificing individual and he spent every day aof the year helping others that could not help themselves.  He wil be interred at Arlington this week- and in his death, he continues to inspire us to help-
"In lieu of flowers, condolences, etc- donations can be made to the St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center"

Thank you, Bill!

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 1:26 pm

I think that's right 'cause I don't ever see the "applaud" button yet.  But I'm close.  Shouldn't take long.

You should see it now. 8)

I feel pretty good today...my spring break is half over now, though. I've basically spent the first half of it just relaxing and not doing a whole lot.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/12/06 at 1:37 pm

I managed to get a job for a buddy of mine who was out of work.  Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful!!  8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/12/06 at 1:39 pm

I just found out that a man I worked with on charity events with died.  He was a most caring and sacrificing individual and he spent every day aof the year helping others that could not help themselves.  He wil be interred at Arlington this week- and in his death, he continues to inspire us to help-
"In lieu of flowers, condolences, etc- donations can be made to the St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center"

Thank you, Bill!

That's really sad...he sounds like he was a good man!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 1:47 pm

Thank you, Bill!

Sorry hon.  That's really sad.  I think we should flood the place with donations.

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 1:49 pm

That's wonderful that you were able to help someone out. O0

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 2:02 pm

Today was an okay day.. I have some stuff to do now, but not a whole lot.

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 2:39 pm

After 2 phone calls, I'm rather annoyed right now.....

Annoyed by the barrage, or by the conversation itself?

Written By: Howard on 04/12/06 at 4:02 pm

I having a good day today.Looking forward to Passover,volunteering Friday,working Saturday and spending time with gorgeous Robin on Sunday.  :)

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 4:04 pm

Still tired and totally bored with a day of data entry.

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 4:51 pm

The conversation...and I just got another :(

I hate those "bad calls in sequence" days... just try to relax and get through.

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 6:25 pm

Still tired and totally bored with a day of data entry.

I've done a lot of that over the years. It can be fun at the start...but over time it can get boring. :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 8:06 pm

Just got back from church.. boring lesson, I'm glad Easter's almost gone.. they keep re-telling the story of Jesus' death EVERY WEEK.

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 8:53 pm

That was one good thing about being Catholic....church ONCE/week ;)

I'm athiest.. I go to my friend's youth group once a week, just to enjoy myself.. learn about other people's perspective, get some time out of the house, etc.

Written By: La Roche on 04/12/06 at 8:57 pm

Urgh.

I don't feel good.
My teeth hurt (I think it's my head but it feels like my teeth)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/06 at 9:40 pm

Thank you, Bill!
I'm so sorry KKay. Your description of Bill is inspiring and says alot about what kind of a person he was and that he cared for others. may he rest in peace.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/12/06 at 10:33 pm

Feeling as crook as Rookwood with bronchitis - it never rains but it pours, as they say  ??? ::) :(

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/12/06 at 10:35 pm

Well, I've done what I can to handle the problem that was bringing me down on Sunday, so I feel better. I've also met the other people in the same boat as me, and that was reassuring. And although I have work I could be doing (and a test tomorrow...) I've decided to give myself the night off, so, I guess, all in all, pretty good day.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/12/06 at 10:48 pm

Well, I've done what I can to handle the problem that was bringing me down on Sunday, so I feel better. I've also met the other people in the same boat as me, and that was reassuring. And although I have work I could be doing (and a test tomorrow...) I've decided to give myself the night off, so, I guess, all in all, pretty good day.
good for you, enjoy the night off my friend. Take a break  8)

Written By: Howard on 04/13/06 at 8:40 am

I'm feeling pretty good today.Going to have a nice Passover later tonight. :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/13/06 at 2:23 pm

I don't feel good.
My teeth hurt (I think it's my head but it feels like my teeth)

Sinus problem, maybe?

Written By: La Roche on 04/13/06 at 2:36 pm

Sinus problem, maybe?

Whatever it was, it's fine now.

Written By: Apricot on 04/13/06 at 2:50 pm

Whatever it was, it's fine now.

I get that time to time... usually gone by lunch time.

Written By: Apricot on 04/13/06 at 8:47 pm

I went to a friend's for a bit.. good time.

I'm back now, and tomorrow I have a ton of stuff to do.. God, I hate how much preparation has to go into something I'm not going to enjoy at all.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/13/06 at 11:22 pm

Not much left of today.

But tomorrow I will go to work, visit w/ my kids, go to church for Good Friday service and then head to the Mercury Cafe by 10 for open mike poetry performances.  A nice variety for one Friday.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/13/06 at 11:40 pm

Not much left of today.

But tomorrow I will go to work, visit w/ my kids, go to church for Good Friday service and then head to the Mercury Cafe by 10 for open mike poetry performances.  A nice variety for one Friday.
you're brave  do you read your own or just go to listen to the beatniks  8)

Written By: Morton on 04/14/06 at 6:45 am

Feeling good today. Probs the best mood i've been in all week (so enjoy it while it lasts  ;D )

Had a good night's rest, so i'm in the mood to go out and do something, but can't quite put my finger on what, exactly...

Written By: CeeKay on 04/14/06 at 7:37 am

you're brave  do you read your own or just go to listen to the beatniks   8)

I read.  I've been writing for years but just started reading publicly.  It was scary the first time but after that -- nothin' but fun.

Written By: KKay on 04/14/06 at 8:33 am

Not much left of today.

groovy!
you beatnik...have a good time!
http://stickers.signprint.co.uk/images/calvin.jpg

Written By: nally on 04/14/06 at 1:35 pm

My week off is almost over...but I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've even managed to get some studying done. However, I don't quite feel ready for Monday yet. :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 04/14/06 at 2:31 pm

There's a family of vultures and a few either large crows or small ravens in my backyard, just staring at our house.. the vultures left a while ago, but they circled for a few hours.

I wonder what this means...

Written By: Howard on 04/14/06 at 2:33 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today.Looking forward to a nice weekend at work and at Robin's house. :)

Written By: Morton on 04/14/06 at 6:08 pm

Feeling alright, but as predicted my good mood didn't last. Still, we got a nice surprise at work when our Area Manager phoned up to tell us we closed half an hour early (it's good friday). Thankfully, we managed to get away on time and the person I worked with even gave me a lift home!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/14/06 at 6:52 pm

There's a family of vultures and a few either large crows or small ravens in my backyard, just staring at our house.. the vultures left a while ago, but they circled for a few hours.

I wonder what this means...
that's freaky, take a picture and post it!!!!!!  8)  something is dying or is already dead  :o

Written By: Apricot on 04/14/06 at 8:58 pm

that's freaky, take a picture and post it!!!!!!   8)  something is dying or is already dead  :o

I have a really low quality pic... they had real good hearing, and I could only get a pic from far away through a window screen, but I'll post it sooner or later.

Written By: Apricot on 04/14/06 at 10:45 pm

Today was great.. but oh sweet Christ, I'm exhausted.

Written By: rich1981 on 04/15/06 at 1:00 am

My legs feel really worn out after a week of running on the treadmill, but feeling well otherwise.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/06 at 1:54 pm

Went down into the basement to look for something. As usual with me, I didn't have any shoes on. I didn't find what I was looking for but what I did find was a tack-that ended up in my foot.  >:(  The pain has gone away now and I think it has stopped bleeding by now. (Not much to begin with-just enough to put a band-aid on it so blood didn't get on the floors/rugs, etc.)

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/15/06 at 2:02 pm

The truth can be ugly..

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/15/06 at 2:44 pm

The truth can be ugly..

I hear ya... :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/15/06 at 2:58 pm

I just initiated the lawn mowing season by cutting my grass.  :-X

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/06 at 3:10 pm

I just initiated the lawn mowing season by cutting my grass.  :-X

I mowed last week.. my dad loves to jump on yard work and stuff.

Long day, but it was okay.. I have a lot of things taken care of, so now I get some peace and quiet.. I hope.

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/06 at 4:02 pm

Aye.. I finally got to Target to spend this gift card I got for Christmas... bought a video game... found out, apparently, it's the most lethal game ever.. and the most complex. My computer is only a year old, and I'd STILL have to spend 300 dollars and hours downloading crap for it to work... and the game is older then my computer... 3 f--king years older then my computer.

And Target won't return it.. so now I'm down a lot of money.

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/06 at 4:15 pm

Aye.. I finally got to Target to spend this gift card I got for Christmas... bought a video game... found out, apparently, it's the most lethal game ever.. and the most complex. My computer is only a year old, and I'd STILL have to spend 300 dollars and hours downloading crap for it to work... and the game is older then my computer... 3 f--king years older then my computer.

And Target won't return it.. so now I'm down a lot of money.

And now my mom's on the case.. she's gonna keep f--king with the computer, trying to find a way to make it work, and wind up screwing it up majorly (as always), and then blaming my music for it, and making me delete all my music.. aye.

Written By: Morton on 04/15/06 at 5:34 pm

What a night. It's been non-stop all night with frigging Easter Eggs... we went from having hundreds to dozens, and now we're left with a handful, (predictably, the damaged ones that no-one wants). We were even honoured by the smart-ass manager of B&Q (unrelated hardware store) who threatened to "take photos of the shelf because we were breaking the law by not having the foint of sale in the correct place", or some sh*t like that. Then, to top it all off, the lass I was working with clicked 'no' on the "Print Declaration?" screen, meaning I had to write out my declaration on a piece of paper for the manageress tomorrow, meaning she'll be in one almighty pissed mood with me for a few days... sigh... just gotta keep telling myself "hang on til summer"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/15/06 at 8:34 pm

I feel like getting comfy on the couch, and putting some headphones on and cranking up some music real loud and just vegging for awhile. I feel good from todays events and that would be a nice way to enjoy a relaxing evening with some of my favorite tunes. I'll be back later  8)

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/06 at 8:35 pm

I feel like getting comfy on the couch, and putting some headphones on and cranking up some music real loud and just vegging for awhile. I feel good from todays events and that would be a nice way to enjoy a relaxing evening with some of my favorite tunes. I'll be back later  8)

That sounds nice.. enjoy it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/15/06 at 8:37 pm

That sounds nice.. enjoy it.
thanks, I'm logging off now and going for a plate of classic rock with a side of maximum comfort please.

Written By: Morton on 04/15/06 at 8:45 pm

Feeling surprisingly awake tonight.. might have something to do with the 12 hour kip i got last night  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/16/06 at 7:10 am

I had a pretty good week.Work at Au Bon Pain is doing well,Robin is as sexy as ever and I'm going to have a fun day at her house today if you know what I mean. ;)

Written By: Morton on 04/16/06 at 7:29 am

Feeling good. The sun is shining, i've just ate an easter egg in less than 5 minutes and now I have a nice new Smarties mug!  :D

Written By: nally on 04/16/06 at 5:46 pm

For the last 3 nights I was awake past midnight... I won't be tonight, though; that's because I have to go back to the daily grind tomorrow. School, that is. So I've got some studying that needs to get done.

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/06 at 7:43 pm

I'm still tired  ;D

My fault..

I was up until about 3 last night and woke up around 7:30 or so.  :P

Written By: Apricot on 04/16/06 at 9:19 pm

Today was okay. Just another day, really.

Written By: rich1981 on 04/16/06 at 9:23 pm

Will be gone tomorrow until wednesday, going to Las Vegas for a business trip.

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 9:14 am

Aye... today hasn't started so well. But I've got a lot of things done.. so I can relax later.

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 11:13 am

Still feeling a bit groggy after my all-nighter... but mam's making some lasagne for me before I go to work, so it's all good  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 11:16 am

Will be gone tomorrow until wednesday, going to Las Vegas for a business trip.

Have fun and play "Let it Ride" for me.  ;D

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 04/17/06 at 2:48 pm

Got a better night's sleep than usual, 2 - 7:30. That's damn good!

Was a busy fella this morning and then I have tickets to Raw tonight  :)

Watch the USA network and look for a sign saying RVD 4:20

Written By: Howard on 04/17/06 at 5:07 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today.My job at Au Bon Pain is going well,Robin is going for her Civil Service Test to become a clerical worker soon and she's feeling pretty good herself and obtaining good rapport with me so overall everything else is great,Can't complain. :)

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 6:46 pm

Feeling tired and very down at the moment. I don't really know what else to say, i'm just depressed  :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/06 at 6:47 pm

Feeling tired and very down at the moment. I don't really know what else to say, i'm just depressed  :(

Perhaps you're tired because you've been up since last night..? I don't blame you, though.. I mean, the conversation was just too awesome to leave.

Hope you feel better, though.

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 6:49 pm

Perhaps you're tired because you've been up since last night..? I don't blame you, though.. I mean, the conversation was just too awesome to leave.

Hope you feel better, though.

I did enjoy last night. Best night i've had on MSN in... well, EVER! I ended up having 4 different conversations throughout the night, but it was awesome

Thank you  :)

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 6:52 pm

I did enjoy last night. Best night i've had on MSN in... well, EVER! I ended up having 4 different conversations throughout the night, but it was awesome

Thank you  :)

Oh, and I liked the songs you and Justin sent me last night, forgot to say thanks  :-[

If you want any more songs sending, just let me know...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/06 at 6:54 pm

Oh, and I liked the songs you and Justin sent me last night, forgot to say thanks  :-[

If you want any more songs sending, just let me know...

:o You liked Elliott Smith?! Or.. just Phil Collins..?

If you liked Elliott Smith, there's a biiiiiig hug in it for you..!  :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/06 at 6:55 pm

Oh yeah, I don't think I thanked you for the songs you sent either..! Thank you!!!!11oneoneoneoneoeONETHREESEVEN. Both of them were great.

Written By: Morton on 04/17/06 at 6:56 pm

:o You liked Elliott Smith?! Or.. just Phil Collins..?

If you liked Elliott Smith, there's a biiiiiig hug in it for you..!  :D

I liked "Christian Brothers" and the first one you sent me, they were both cool songs...

...and yeah, Phil Collins was good too  :-
Oh yeah, I don't think I thanked you for the songs you sent either..! Thank you!!!!11oneoneoneoneoeONETHREESEVEN. Both of them were great.

No probs  ;)

Just gizza shout if you want any more

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/17/06 at 7:06 pm

wow, I don't feel tired for once. Maybe I should sleep in until 2pm more often  8)
feeling good and just happy to be here even if only for a little while.

Written By: Apricot on 04/17/06 at 7:27 pm

Oh man, today ended awesome.

But now, my mother won't talk to me again.. I get sick of all this.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/18/06 at 9:59 am

Feeling pretty good.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/CameraObscuraa/gobob.gif

Written By: Morton on 04/18/06 at 11:19 am

Feeling pretty good.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/CameraObscuraa/gobob.gif

Heeeyyyy! Spasm-kid! I remember him!  :D

Feelin' much better today... up for owt!  ;)

Been to work to drop the keys off and FINALLY got me a haircut!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/18/06 at 11:42 am

Right now I still feel really sleepy, even after drinking a cup of espresso. Maybe I shoulda had the double instead of the single. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/06 at 2:44 pm

I'm annoyed.  I submitted for a $100 rebate on a blind order back in January and I've been calling since mid-March (the form said 6-8 weeks so I gave them 8) and noone seems to be able to find the paperwork.  I had a feeling there would be a problem so I photocopied EVERYTHING - even the envelope with the stamp on it - and faxed copies to them TWICE.  I just called again and *SURPRISE* they have no record of my faxes so I just faxed them the confirmation pages as well as the copies of the original.  I also sent off an email to the CEO of the company. >:(

UPDATE:  Now I'm REALLY PO'd.  The lady called me back and said that I cannot GET the rebate since I also received a discount.  So, I told her that I had a previous email from their company stating that I WAS still eligible and to send a copy with the paperwork.  She also found the ORIGINAL submission of the paperwork, which noone else could seem to find.  So, I just forwarded the email stating I WAS still eligible to her.  If it wasn't $100, I'd say "forget it", but it is....

Sounds like you are EARNING the $100.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/18/06 at 5:07 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today.Robin is doing pretty well and once in a while we'll think about our life together that's if we get married in the near future.She might make a great wife.Robin eats like a pig just I do,She suffers from CRS just like I do once in a while,She's smart,motivating and beautiful but the only thing I dislike is her bargaining tools where she says if you do something for me,I'll give you something in return and I don't like that but we'll have to see what our future brings us.I think we're meant to be. :)   

Written By: gemini on 04/18/06 at 5:15 pm

I'm annoyed.  I submitted for a $100 rebate on a blind order back in January and I've been calling since mid-March (the form said 6-8 weeks so I gave them 8) and noone seems to be able to find the paperwork.  I had a feeling there would be a problem so I photocopied EVERYTHING - even the envelope with the stamp on it - and faxed copies to them TWICE.  I just called again and *SURPRISE* they have no record of my faxes so I just faxed them the confirmation pages as well as the copies of the original.  I also sent off an email to the CEO of the company. >:(

UPDATE:  Now I'm REALLY PO'd.  The lady called me back and said that I cannot GET the rebate since I also received a discount.  So, I told her that I had a previous email from their company stating that I WAS still eligible and to send a copy with the paperwork.  She also found the ORIGINAL submission of the paperwork, which noone else could seem to find.  So, I just forwarded the email stating I WAS still eligible to her.  If it wasn't $100, I'd say "forget it", but it is....

I don't blame you. If it wasn't for $100.00 I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle, but for that amount of money, I'd keep it up until you get the $100.00. Too bad they're so incompetent though.  :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/06 at 7:55 pm

I'm very upset lately.. but it's in a different way.. in a sort of "Oh well, that's just the way things are" sort of thing.. yanno?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/06 at 9:13 pm

I am pretty stoked...we finally joined Netflix, and I cannot believe how many movies I am accumulating to my list!!! YIPPEE!!! LOL! :D ;D

Written By: nally on 04/18/06 at 10:58 pm

I had a good day today. :) 8)

Written By: Morton on 04/19/06 at 11:35 am

Today's been okay. Got most of my stuff ready for tomorrow, so now i'm gonna enjoy my last night on the internet for a few days  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 2:30 pm

Today, I realized I always have a good day until something happens towards the end. Hm.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/06 at 2:53 pm

It's really sunny and warm out today. I took Vaughn to the playground, but he was acting like a brat. :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 2:54 pm

It's really sunny and warm out today.

Really? It's a bit cold here.. sunny, but not quite warm.

But that might be because I'm in the house.. my house is usually pretty chilly, cause of the way it's set up.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/06 at 2:55 pm

Really? It's a bit cold here.. sunny, but not quite warm.

But that might be because I'm in the house.. my house is usually pretty chilly, cause of the way it's set up.

ya, it's about 70-75 degrees out today.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/19/06 at 2:57 pm

ya, it's about 70-75 degrees out today.

Its about 85 here..

It got up to over 90 the other day, and up in Dallas it was 102.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/19/06 at 2:58 pm

[quote author=

Written By: La Roche on 04/19/06 at 3:05 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 3:05 pm

WOW! that is really hot! I like it when it is like 65-75 degrees...any higher, I just want to hibernate in my air-conditioned house!  :D ;D

I'm good up until 90 degrees.. I mean, good. Like, I could wear a sweater and jeans up to 90 degrees.. that good.

After which point, I just don't like to be outside so much.

Written By: Morton on 04/19/06 at 3:08 pm

I'm good up until 90 degrees.. I mean, good. Like, I could wear a sweater and jeans up to 90 degrees.. that good.

90 degrees? What is this 90 degrees of which you speak?  ;D

A couple of summers ago, we hit 35 celcius and it was considered a 'heat wave' and 'one of the hottest summers on record'  ::)

Shows you how warm it is over here  :P

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 3:11 pm

Wait.. isn't that pretty high?

Written By: Morton on 04/19/06 at 3:13 pm

Wait.. isn't that pretty high?

S'pose so.. but if 35 clecius is the highest we've ever reached on record, it shows you how lame our summers are. we usually get anything between 25 and 30 celcius. Bloody London gets the best weather. The north east is always about 4 degrees colder than everywhere else, so i think the highest we got was about 30, which, for summer, is pathetic

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 4:05 pm

It's supposed to be 80 degrees in Shippensburg tomorrow. Just tah let ya know..!

It'd be creepy that I know that, but I'm planning a trip on Sunday, which is why I know.

Written By: Howard on 04/19/06 at 4:09 pm

I've had a pretty good day today.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 6:24 pm

Feeling alright. Felt better when I was at work, though. Oooh well.

Written By: Morton on 04/19/06 at 6:44 pm

Feeling slightly better than earlier, but a lot more tired. Not gonna last much longer now...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 7:43 pm

Went to the park and tried to write. I feel better, but there's still something that's not right.. I can't put my finger on it. Eh, hopefully it goes away soon.

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 8:28 pm

It'd be creepy that I know that, but I'm planning a trip on Sunday, which is why I know.

Ah, enjoy that. This summer, we ought to do something as a group or whatever. I understand if you don't want to, though.

The more time I think about it, the more I realize people are so full of sh-t as I thought, they just don't like me.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 8:29 pm

Ah, enjoy that. This summer, we ought to do something as a group or whatever. I understand if you don't want to, though.

The more time I think about it, the more I realize people are so full of sh-t as I thought, they just don't like me.

:o Of COURSE I want to hang out this summer. That'd be awesome.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 8:32 pm

:o Of COURSE I want to hang out this summer. That'd be awesome.

:O

Lucky! I'm coming too! That is.. if you want...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 8:34 pm

:O

Lucky! I'm coming too! That is.. if you want...

Oh, we already know you're coming, Dom. I've cleared out my trunk for the event and everything!

( Pssst, Andrew, remember the rope. I've already told Justin to bring the drugs.)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 8:36 pm

Oh, we already know you're coming, Dom. I've cleared out my trunk for the event and everything!

( Pssst, Andrew, remember the rope. I've already told Justin to bring the drugs.)

:) Wow, you, Andrew, Justin, ropes, and drugs all at once!!

What a trip.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 8:43 pm

:) Wow, you, Andrew, Justin, ropes, and drugs all at once!!

What a trip.

Yep, it sure is going to be fun for us....

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 8:56 pm

Yep, it sure is going to be fun for us....

Waaaaait, what kind of drugs...

AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT ROPE!?

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/06 at 8:59 pm

AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT ROPE!?

Actually, the rope is for me, I just enjoy being tied up during sex.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/06 at 9:01 pm

Uh--... We'll just call that Andrew's cover to the REAL plan..!

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/19/06 at 9:17 pm

Is Lauren coming!?  :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/20/06 at 10:56 am

If he does everything right ;) :P

Ahh he's still dating her?

Written By: nally on 04/20/06 at 12:15 pm

I'm feelin' pretty good today. 8) Had one midterm this morning, and I have one more in less than an hour.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/06 at 3:59 pm

I had a pretty busy day at my volunteer site.Had a lot of work to do and for lunch I ate Italian food.

Written By: nally on 04/20/06 at 5:03 pm

...and for lunch I ate Italian food.

Sounds yummy to me! I would eat some any day. :D

Written By: Apricot on 04/20/06 at 7:35 pm

Is Lauren coming!?  :D

Pssht, she's not invited.

Just you and me, Dom.. you and me....

Written By: Apricot on 04/20/06 at 7:51 pm

I really wish the people that mattered most to be would stop trying to make me feel bad.. I really don't need their help.

Christ, I'm feeling awful tonight.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 12:12 am

Pssht, she's not invited.

Just you and me, Dom.. you and me....

... What happened to Justin and Beth...?

YOU'RE SCARING ME!!!

Written By: Apricot on 04/21/06 at 2:23 pm

... What happened to Justin and Beth...?

YOU'RE SCARING ME!!!

Well, on further review... Beth can come. But not Justin.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 2:26 pm

Well, on further review... Beth can come. But not Justin.

... This is almost as confusing as... well... nevermind

Written By: Howard on 04/21/06 at 2:31 pm

I had a pretty busy day at my volunteer site and I got all the paperwork done.Then it was time for lunch in the afternoon.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/06 at 2:33 pm

Sounds yummy to me! I would eat some any day. :D

What's your favorite Italian food?

Written By: Apricot on 04/21/06 at 3:37 pm

... This is almost as confusing as... well... nevermind

Just for that, you're not invited anymore.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/21/06 at 6:59 pm

Wait, if he's not invited anymore .. that means..

...http://www.messenger-skins.net/images/smilies/msn_surprised.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 7:17 pm

Psssht, I didn't want to see you anyway...

Especially without Justin!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/21/06 at 7:23 pm

Psssht, I didn't want to see you anyway...

Especially without Justin!

Well, Andrew, looks like it's just me and you. I'm fine with that, really.

We could play board games. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 7:25 pm

Wait.. if it's Monopoly... I WANNA COME!!!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 7:33 pm

feeling rather annoyed at the fact that I couldn't have been one of the "lucky" people who happened to be born thin and could eat anything without gaining a pound.....instead, I am the complete opposite...I don't eat that much...but even if I THINK of a fattening food, I gain weight.   Did you ever notice how unbelievably nasty tasting diet food is?  I hate that nasty fake sweet, almost salty taste of "FAT FREE" food...and on that note, those "ice cream sandwiches" from Weight Watchers are simply HORRIBLE!!!! >:(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/21/06 at 7:36 pm

Wait.. if it's Monopoly... I WANNA COME!!!  :D

Sorry. It's just me and Andrew now. You had your chance. And FYI, it IS Monopoly. So there.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 7:47 pm

feeling rather annoyed at the fact that I couldn't have been one of the "lucky" people who happened to be born thin and could eat anything without gaining a pound.....instead, I am the complete opposite...I don't eat that much...but even if I THINK of a fattening food, I gain weight.   Did you ever notice how unbelievably nasty tasting diet food is?  I hate that nasty fake sweet, almost salty taste of "FAT FREE" food...and on that note, those "ice cream sandwiches" from Weight Watchers are simply HORRIBLE!!!! >:(

Don't worry about what you eat...

EXERCISE!!!

Yeah, I know, easier said than done...

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 7:47 pm

Sorry. It's just me and Andrew now. You had your chance. And FYI, it IS Monopoly. So there.

Hey, hey... I didn't MEAN to get me uninvited!  >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/21/06 at 7:56 pm

EXERCISE!!!

yes, I've been starting to exercise once again. There was a time several years ago, when I was able to run a few miles at a time...I was in pretty good shape....now, I have to build myself back up to doing that again. :-\\

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/21/06 at 8:01 pm

yes, I've been starting to exercise once again. There was a time several years ago, when I was able to run a few miles at a time...I was in pretty good shape....now, I have to build myself back up to doing that again. :-\\

Ha.. that's how I'll be after spring break in PE.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/21/06 at 8:48 pm

Starting to feel better - worse luck - means I have to start work at my new location on Monday  :( ::)

Written By: Apricot on 04/21/06 at 8:59 pm

Well, Andrew, looks like it's just me and you. I'm fine with that, really.

We could play board games. :)

Oh.. board games.. *quietly puts pants back on*

Okay...

Written By: Apricot on 04/22/06 at 9:26 am

Aye, I don't even know how this whole theological debate got started.. but I'm somehow losing friends.. not for being rude or irrational.. just for being the opposing side.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/22/06 at 9:35 am

EXERCISE!!!

'Tis true though.  You have to get that ol' metabolism running, and you do that by getting enough to eat(don't starve yourself) and of the right stuff.  I'm not saying all health food but just try to keep things balanced.. and by exercising.  Always try to get a big breakfast in the morning and get some exercise IMMEDIATELY afterwards, that jumpstarts your metabolism.  Also drink plenty of water.. and you may want to take some sort of supplements too.

I'm slowly but surely shedding fat off and while I do it I'm also becoming more fit/muscular, and the above has how I've been doing things.  You don't have to spend a couple of hours a day on the treadmill or something, but just always try to be active.. a consistency of activity and eating right keeps the metabolic rate chugging along and thats whay ya need. :)

Written By: CeeKay on 04/22/06 at 9:50 am

feeling rather annoyed at the fact that I couldn't have been one of the "lucky" people who happened to be born thin and could eat anything without gaining a pound

I used to be one of those people.  Then I turned 40 and I have absolutely no food discipline!

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 10:29 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/22/06 at 10:33 am

KARMA!!! Becasue you took so much time to type something helpful?

Oh, thanks.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/22/06 at 10:35 am

[quote author=

Written By: Apricot on 04/22/06 at 2:56 pm

[quote author=

Written By: rich1981 on 04/22/06 at 6:55 pm

Feeling great lately, as I've stuck to my workouts despite my traveling to Las Vegas earlier this week and am very close to reaching my lowest weight in years.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/22/06 at 6:59 pm

Coolz ^

As for me, I'm feeling pretty good as of now...

Just went to the library, was disappointed that the book I wanted is only available at other libraries, but they're both all checked out and one is on hold.  :o

Feeling carsick and I got a haircut that I hate, but otherwise, all's well!

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 6:59 pm

Feeling great lately, as I've stuck to my workouts despite my traveling to Las Vegas earlier this week and am very close to reaching my lowest weight in years.

That's good; glad you've been working out a lot. That's always helpful to do.

You traveled to LV? For what purpose? ???

Written By: rich1981 on 04/22/06 at 7:04 pm

My first business trip, which was quite an experience as I got to meet the clients who use the software our team develops. We had a fine Italian dinner there but I didn't gamble much, as it wasn't the focus.

Written By: nally on 04/22/06 at 7:14 pm

My first business trip, which was quite an experience as I got to meet the clients who use the software our team develops. We had a fine Italian dinner there but I didn't gamble much, as it wasn't the focus.

Ah. So you work for a software team. O0 Do you like it?

I was a computer science major for years, but didn't find it appealing when I got to the upper division courses. I had a software engineering class three years ago, but had to re-take it because I didn't pass it the first time through. Even during the second time, when I was trying to improve my grade, I still struggled. I still managed to pass it that time with a 'C'. :-\\

Written By: rich1981 on 04/22/06 at 7:41 pm

I enjoy my position very much and everyone pitches in as well, giving each other feedback, plus the benefits here are GREAT! Did I mention my company is a government contractor?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/06 at 7:49 am

Upset. Woke up to major fog and a thunderstorm... so I won't get to see Justin today. Hopefully next Sunday. :(

Written By: CeeKay on 04/23/06 at 8:17 am

I am feeling better than I have in quite awhile.  Yesterday was, basically, the perfect day -- got lots accomplished, had fun with my kids, spent time outside and everybody got along.  Went to bed early, slept through the night (rare) :) and now, at 7:15 a.m., I'm actually up and ready for a Sunday. 

Written By: KKay on 04/23/06 at 8:56 am

I"m nervous becuase i'm goijng to a mini reunion of sorts today..and i havent seen these guys since practically high school graduation. (1983)
AND
Ive never gone to any school reunion.  so, i'm kinda in that "oh god it's raining and there goes my hair and what clothes do i have that makes me look thinnest and what do i say blah blah blah"  mood. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/23/06 at 11:46 am

Upset. Woke up to major fog and a thunderstorm... so I won't get to see Justin today. Hopefully next Sunday. :(

:O!

That's too bad.. I'm really sorry.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/06 at 12:21 pm

:O!

That's too bad.. I'm really sorry.

Yeah, and the worst part is... it turned out to be a really beautiful day. Well, here, at least... I don't know what it's like in Shippensburg. *Sigh*

Written By: La Roche on 04/23/06 at 12:28 pm

Real tired, didn't get too much sleep.
Went out this morning at about 6.. just went around town.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/23/06 at 12:56 pm

I"m nervous becuase i'm goijng to a mini reunion of sorts today..and i havent seen these guys since practically high school graduation. (1983)
AND
Ive never gone to any school reunion.  so, i'm kinda in that "oh god it's raining and there goes my hair and what clothes do i have that makes me look thinnest and what do i say blah blah blah"  mood. 

Hope it went well.  You're fabulous.  It will be obvious to everyone!  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/06 at 1:15 pm

Hmm.. that bad? Wow.

I imagine it's coming our way, too.

Wait.. next Sunday? Ooooh. I'll PM you.. something's happening.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/23/06 at 1:59 pm

Hmm.. that bad? Wow.

I imagine it's coming our way, too.

Wait.. next Sunday? Ooooh. I'll PM you.. something's happening.

:O I have a favor to ask of you!

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/06 at 2:11 pm

:O I have a favor to ask of you!

Eh? PM or IM, man.

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/06 at 6:03 pm

Well, Dom and I have found an awesome new way to get music to each other.. RAR files, man, they work wonders.

Written By: nally on 04/23/06 at 7:40 pm

AND

Speaking of school reunions, my 10-year is just a couple years away! :o :o :o I'm like you, I've never gone to any. Hopefully yours went well. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/06 at 7:49 pm

Uh... feeling okay, I guess. Just found out that someone's been lurking around my house at night. Kinda scary!

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/06 at 7:51 pm

Just found out that someone's been lurking around my house at night. Kinda scary!

Uh.. you didn't find out who it WAS, did you?

And.. uh.. you didn't find out about the pictures... did you?

Written By: La Roche on 04/23/06 at 10:04 pm

Right - In Pain.

I was playing Football today & blew my knee out  :(

I was going for the pass, fake pump, went to spin, pivoted on my left leg.. right leg moved fine, went to spin on left leg, foot stayed put, knee moveD.. 'POP' then.. a somewhat gutteral "uuurrghhhwaaargghhh".

Ouch!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/23/06 at 10:44 pm

Speaking of school reunions, my 10-year is just a couple years away! :o :o :o I'm like you, I've never gone to any. Hopefully yours went well. :)

Well, of course you've never gone to any.  You're still a kid!

Eh...seriously though, they're pretty fun.  Everyone I've talked to says the 20th is better than the 10th, 'cause by the 20th nobody gives a darn about who was in what crowd or whatever.

(pssst...don't tell but.....I'll have my 30th next year.  how did that happen?)

Written By: nally on 04/24/06 at 1:04 pm

Well, of course you've never gone to any.  You're still a kid!

Eh...seriously though, they're pretty fun.  Everyone I've talked to says the 20th is better than the 10th, 'cause by the 20th nobody gives a darn about who was in what crowd or whatever.

(pssst...don't tell but.....I'll have my 30th next year.  how did that happen?)

At 25 3/4, I would hardly call myself a kid! :D

Written By: Apricot on 04/24/06 at 2:08 pm

Today was okay. My parents left early this morning, and they won't be back for a week. Unfortunately.. they have the camera, which I now need for a school project.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/06 at 2:44 pm

Hope things went well.  My class has never HAD one....how lame are we?  Many of the people I graduated with are STILL in my hometown so I see some of them from time to time.  I have to laugh because some of "the popular people" have ballooned up, I think only 1 is still on their first marriage, and they really haven't changed much since high school......all they STILL care about is partying. ::)

There is talk about a reunion in Nov. sometime. Not too sure if I want to go or not. I only went to that school for my senior year and I'm not too sure how many remember me or how many I remember. Besides, it is about a 3-3 1/2 drive from here.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 04/24/06 at 2:57 pm

Hope things went well.  My class has never HAD one....how lame are we?  Many of the people I graduated with are STILL in my hometown so I see some of them from time to time.  I have to laugh because some of "the popular people" have ballooned up, I think only 1 is still on their first marriage, and they really haven't changed much since high school......all they STILL care about is partying. ::)

My graduating class had one almost every day of the week, in various pubs & bars  ;D

Written By: nally on 04/24/06 at 3:44 pm

I think she was hinting at the fact that she's been out of school longer than you've been alive ;) :D

Ah yes! That makes sense to me.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/24/06 at 3:49 pm

I think she was hinting at the fact that she's been out of school longer than you've been alive ;) :D

I now have cramps and a migraine >:(

How'd I miss this comment? 

Yeah...age....is all about perspective.

Written By: Apricot on 04/24/06 at 3:51 pm

Today was okay. My parents left early this morning, and they won't be back for a week. Unfortunately.. they have the camera, which I now need for a school project.

I've secured a friend's camera, which I'm borrowing for the evening.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/06 at 3:54 pm

feeling like crap today....it's that horrible time of the month...I suppose. :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/24/06 at 4:00 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today. I've gotten some things accomplished, including a C++ program for one of my classes. The program didn't take me too long to write; what I had to do was create an algorithm to make a calendar for any given year.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/06 at 4:08 pm

Robin and I didn't get a chance to hang out this past Sunday.She thinks she might have caught a slight case of arthritis,an erratic gait that might have been caused from when she was a little girl that started near her pelvic bone or it could've been when she had fallen in her workplace,Those are a few assumptions.Robin was telling me last night that she was in a lot of pain and that it's hard for her to walk properly because she walks with a tilt which is why she has an erratic gait.She might need to take calcium vitamins or use a hot/cold compress.So,She went to the doctor today and she has to get an MRI on Wednesday to have her pelvic bone checked out.Hopefully,She'll be in good sprits and I want you all to wish her the very best of luck cause she needs it now. :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/06 at 4:10 pm

Robin and I didn't get a chance to hang out this past Sunday.She thinks she might have caught a slight case of arthritis,an erratic gait that might have been caused from when she was a little girl that started near her pelvic bone or it could've been when she had fallen in her workplace,Those are a few assumptions.Robin was telling me last night that she was in a lot of pain and that it's hard for her to walk properly because she walks with a tilt which is why she has an erratic gait.She might need to take calcium vitamins or use a hot/cold compress.So,She went to the doctor today and she has to get an MRI on Wednesday to have her pelvic bone checked out.Hopefully,She'll be in good sprits and I want you all to wish her the very best of luck cause she needs it now. :(

I hope everything turns out okay for Robin....she will be in my thoughts. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/24/06 at 4:12 pm

I hope everything turns out okay for Robin....she will be in my thoughts. :)

Thanks Erin.I'm being a true boyfriend by showing my love and sympathy towards her and she knows I care and also I call Robin every single day so we both can keep updates on each other and what's happening with the both of us. :)

Written By: jackas on 04/24/06 at 9:32 pm

feeling like crap today....it's that horrible time of the month...I suppose. :-\\

Ohhh...time to pay the bills, huh.

Feel better soon. :)

Written By: rich1981 on 04/24/06 at 9:42 pm

I'm feeling pretty good today. I've gotten some things accomplished, including a C++ program for one of my classes. The program didn't take me too long to write; what I had to do was create an algorithm to make a calendar for any given year.

That sounds neat! What has been the most interesting program you have written, just out of curiosity?

Written By: CeeKay on 04/24/06 at 11:02 pm

Bad.  I'm feeling bad.  I did not get accepted into the graduate program I interviewed for on Friday.  I'm really surprised at that.  And not happy.

Written By: jackas on 04/24/06 at 11:17 pm

Bad.  I'm feeling bad.  I did not get accepted into the graduate program I interviewed for on Friday.  I'm really surprised at that.  And not happy.

Awww...that really sucks. :(  Do you have another school in mind?  Can reapply?

Written By: nally on 04/24/06 at 11:58 pm

When I was coming home today, I had some transportation problems which I'm not going to discuss in detail right now. To start with, however, the bus I normally ride never showed up, so I had to wait for the next one, which was jam-packed with people who would have normally taken the bus I get on at 4:00. More details will be explained tomorrow, as I am very tired right now.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/25/06 at 12:03 am

Awww...that really sucks. :(  Do you have another school in mind?  Can reapply?

Well, maybe.  Thing is, this program is the only one nearby that is specifically geared to "nontraditional learners" (people with kids and jobs and such, like me).  So the schedule was manageable -- one night a week for four hours.  And the program is excellent.

But...my optimism is beginning to kick in.  I'm a firm believer in "no accidents" and that something else will become available that will be more appropriate somehow.

Thanks for the sympathy  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/25/06 at 12:37 am

Feel pretty good - started work at my new location yesterday, which went better than I had anticipated......and today is a public holiday !  :D 8) :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/06 at 1:03 am

I hate when that happens because Aunt Flo has everyone walking on eggshells.

So sorry to hear you didn't get it CeeKay, hang in there and get the next one.  :) I like to think certain doors close only because better opportunities are coming. Helps to keep your spirit up.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/25/06 at 8:44 am

So sorry to hear you didn't get it CeeKay, hang in there and get the next one.  :) I like to think certain doors close only because better opportunities are coming. Helps to keep your spirit up.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)  I'll get over it and try something/somewhere else.  No doubt.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 8:50 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)   I'll get over it and try something/somewhere else.  No doubt.

Hey CeeKay yeah keep going  :) there may be other inroads into specialised courses like that, I was in the same position a month ago and was devastated when I didn't get in, but I've since found there's a prep. course I can do prior to reapplying next year - which I may or may not do??   Keep that optimism going.

Written By: nally on 04/25/06 at 12:17 pm

When I was coming home today, I had some transportation problems which I'm not going to discuss in detail right now. To start with, however, the bus I normally ride never showed up, so I had to wait for the next one, which was jam-packed with people who would have normally taken the bus I get on at 4:00. More details will be explained tomorrow, as I am very tired right now.

Okay, here's what happened yesterday afternoon. I was waiting for the bus to show up at 4:00...and by 4:30, it still hadn't come yet. In fact, no bus had shown up until roughly 4:35. And it takes about half an hour for the bus to get from the place where I pick it up, to the train station. And my train comes into the Chatsworth station at approximately 5:08. So at 5:05, my bus was traveling west on Devonshire, and was supposed to turn left on to Old Depot Plaza Road (the little street leading down to the train station, right before the tracks), but the driver somehow missed that turn, so he went to the next street, which was Owensmouth. As he missed the turn, I yelled: "Hey, hey, wait a minute!" And he said, "Sorry, I can turn on the next street." I really needed to catch the train. So he went down Owensmouth (which was a residential street with speedbumps), turned left on Lassen (heading east), so we had to cross back over the tracks (at which time the train was coming)...and then up Old Depot Plaza Road. As I got off the bus, the train was sitting in the station, so I ran to catch it, but I missed it by only two seconds! :o :-[ I was about 10 feet from the train when its doors were closing. I was very depressed. So I had to wait for the next train after that, which came into the Chatsworth station at 5:51. I have attached a little map as a visual aid.

Written By: La Roche on 04/25/06 at 12:21 pm

Okay, here's what happened yesterday afternoon. I was waiting for the bus to show up at 4:00...and by 4:30, it still hadn't come yet. In fact, no bus had shown up until roughly 4:35. And it takes about half an hour for the bus to get from the place where I pick it up, to the train station. And my train comes into the Chatsworth station at approximately 5:08. So at 5:05, my bus was traveling west on Devonshire, and was supposed to turn left on to Old Depot Plaza Road (the little street leading down to the train station, right before the tracks), but the driver somehow missed that turn, so he went to the next street, which was Owensmouth. As he missed the turn, I yelled: "Hey, hey, wait a minute!" And he said, "Sorry, I can turn on the next street." I really needed to catch the train. So he went down Owensmouth (which was a residential street with speedbumps), turned left on Lassen (heading east), so we had to cross back over the tracks (at which time the train was coming)...and then up Old Depot Plaza Road. As I got off the bus, the train was sitting in the station, so I ran to catch it, but I missed it by only two seconds! :o :-[ I was about 10 feet from the train when its doors were closing. I was very depressed. So I had to wait for the next train after that, which came into the Chatsworth station at 5:51. I have attached a little map as a visual aid.

That always sucks.

Reminds me of a funny little story.

I was riding the bus to work one morning, this was about a year ago.. and the driver missed the turn down what was called Court road. Anywho, he was driving off in totally the wrong direction which I found fairly humerous. He got a mile or so away before working out this wasn't the right way.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I elected myself as his co-pilot and navigated him around most of the bus route (as my workplace was near the end of the route). I never saw him again, he probably got fired.

Written By: Morton on 04/25/06 at 3:06 pm

Feeling okay, if slightly tired... feeling confident about the art exam too

Written By: Apricot on 04/25/06 at 3:30 pm

Today was.. okay. Christ, I'm really tired, and not sleeping well at night.

Amped for the trip this weekend.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/06 at 3:36 pm

Here's an update on Robin.She went to the doctor yesterday and they couldn't determine what she was suffering from so she thinks that it could be from osteoarthritis from when it gets cold and rainy and your bones start to tense up or it could be from an erratic gait near her pelvic bone during her childhood years that made it very hard for her to straighten up.She doesn't take calcium pills but she does drink a lot of chocolate milk and eat a lot of cheese.But I don't know if that's an equivalency of taking calcium pills.But anyway,I'm glad she's in good spirits and Wednesday she has to get an MRI to see what causing all this and once again I wish her the very best of luck and a speedy recovery in time for our get together on Sunday.We need each other in these tough times.  :(  :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 4:28 pm

Here's an update on Robin.She went to the doctor yesterday and they couldn't determine what she was suffering from so she thinks that it could be from osteoarthritis from when it gets cold and rainy and your bones start to tense up or it could be from an erratic gait near her pelvic bone during her childhood years that made it very hard for her to straighten up.She doesn't take calcium pills but she does drink a lot of chocolate milk and eat a lot of cheese.But I don't know if that's an equivalency of taking calcium pills.But anyway,I'm glad she's in good spirits and Wednesday she has to get an MRI to see what causing all this and once again I wish her the very best of luck and a speedy recovery in time for our get together on Sunday.We need each other in these tough times.    :(  :)

..and it's great she has such a decent kind hearted bloke such as yourself Howie  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/25/06 at 4:30 pm

..and it's great she has such a decent kind hearted bloke such as yourself Howie  ;)

Thanks Babooshka.I've been a good boyfriend so far.Her and I have been seeing each other for a year and a half now. :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 4:32 pm

Thanks Babooshka.I've been a good boyfriend so far.Her and I have been seeing each other for a year and a half now. :)

Do you have plans to become engaged to each other in the future? You seem good together.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/06 at 4:35 pm

Do you have plans to become engaged to each other in the future? You seem good together.

She's been told by her friends that the both of us make a good couple and both of us are water signs.Hopefully,If the both of us can get full time jobs,For me getting discharged from my program and focusing more on some independent living apartments then we'll see if we want to get married or not.She'll be a great Mrs.Starr. ;D

Written By: nally on 04/25/06 at 4:37 pm

I've been wondering about that too...you talk about her a lot!

She's been told by her friends that the both of us make a good couple and both of us are water signs.Hopefully,If the both of us can get full time jobs,For me getting discharged from my program and focusing more on some independent living apartments then we'll see if we want to get married or not.She'll be a great Mrs.Starr. ;D

I see. That makes sense to me. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/25/06 at 4:41 pm

I've been wondering about that too...you talk about her a lot!
I see. That makes sense to me. :)

She seems to be the right.girl for me.We both love our sugary stuff, loads of snacks and chocolates,We both suffer from C.R.S.and both of us are accident prone. ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/25/06 at 4:58 pm

Mrs Robin Starr it should be then!  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 6:16 am

Well...I know it's still early in the morning, but I woke up with terrible stomach ulcer pains, and they are still here. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 7:58 am

That doesn't sound good Erin :-\\

I'm STILL cold from the oldest's baseball game last night :(  On the plus side, they won again:  11-6 :)

thankfully, it is starting to subside....I get these every so often, depending on what I previously ate...or sometimes from being nervous or stressed out.

Written By: La Roche on 04/26/06 at 9:03 am

I'm STILL cold from the oldest's baseball game last night :(  On the plus side, they won again:  11-6 :)

Gah!

It was cold last night wasn't it!

Written By: nally on 04/26/06 at 11:12 am

My day is off to a pretty good start. :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/26/06 at 2:08 pm

Well...I know it's still early in the morning, but I woke up with terrible stomach ulcer pains, and they are still here. :-\\

Actually, for me, stomach pains are more likely in the morning.. they subside by 10-ish for the most part.

The early I get up, the worse the pain is.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/06 at 4:05 pm

Mrs Robin Starr it should be then!   :)

Robin Starr has a ring to it,I like the first and last name. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/06 at 4:07 pm

She's been in a lot of pain.Let me keep you updated of what's been happening with Robin.Last Sunday,We were supposed to see each other but she told me that her pelvic bone near her groin area hurt but not as much and she thought at first that it was caused by osteoarthritis from when it rains and your muscles tend to tense up,an erratic gait from when she was a child and having that made it difficult for her to straighten up,it might have been a slight muscle spasm or an injury from work.On Monday,She was telling me that now she might have a rip or tear in her pelvic muscle near her groin area,Tuesday,she was hurting a lot and Today,She will be going to the hospital for an MRI check to see what's causing all these problems to her pelvic muscle.I want her to know that I love her a lot and that she has people who support her and that's including me.I hope the MRI or operation turns out well and when she recovers and feels much better,Her And I will be together on Sundays again,whenever that'll be.In these tough times,We should all be together and give the love and support that Robin really needs.Thank You All.  :) 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 5:58 pm

I am feeling pretty good...I got weighed in at Weight Watchers and lost 2 lbs. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1blue1.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/06 at 6:06 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif   GOOD FOR YOU!!!

thanks Kim! :)

Written By: Morton on 04/26/06 at 6:34 pm

Feeling alright, bit tired an that. Art exam is going well, i'll try and get some pics tomorrow... just two days left to finish, but i'm well ahead of schedule

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/26/06 at 6:40 pm

Feeling alright, bit tired an that. Art exam is going well, i'll try and get some pics tomorrow... just two days left to finish, but i'm well ahead of schedule

REALLY NOW!?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pinkietoo.gif

Written By: Morton on 04/26/06 at 6:46 pm

REALLY NOW!?   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pinkietoo.gif

yes

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 8:19 am

feeling pretty good today, so far. 8)

Written By: nally on 04/27/06 at 11:42 am

feeling pretty good today, so far. 8)

Glad to hear that. O0

I'm feelin' okay myself.

Written By: Southern Image on 04/27/06 at 11:58 am

A bunch of us are taking our moms out for dinner and a musical on Saturday. I'm making the reservations now for the italian resturant.

A little mommy bragging...

My daughter went to her first sleep-over as well. I was so excited for her. She said she was a little scared, but she had fun.
:) :) :)

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 12:13 pm

A bunch of us are taking our moms out for dinner and a musical on Saturday. I'm making the reservations now for the italian resturant.

A little mommy bragging...

My daughter went to her first sleep-over as well. I was so excited for her. She said she was a little scared, but she had fun.
:) :) :)

That's great to do for your moms!  And how fun for your daughter.  That first sleepover is a little scary but they adjust quickly!  Soon you'll be like me:  "ANOTHER sleepover??"

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 1:36 pm

I let my kids go on as many sleepovers as possible.....as long as they're not at MY house.....the problem is they keep coming home! ;) JK!! ;D  Almost every weekend, one of my kids is sleeping somewhere else or we have someone sleeping over here.

Same here.  And my kids are older.  So it doesn't stop.  But that's fine, they have a great time. 

Written By: Apricot on 04/27/06 at 2:16 pm

Today was okay.. I'm freakin' exhausted.. but tomorrow, I go on a band trip to Williamsburg, Busch Gardens park! Gonna be sweet.

Written By: Apricot on 04/27/06 at 5:46 pm

About 30 minutes ago, I had a heartbreaking and spirit-crushing conversation.

I was feeling so well up until this point... Now I just want to lay down and die.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/27/06 at 5:53 pm

Well, in the light of Tubeway's last post, my news isn't so bad.

I found out my friend lost her job.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 5:56 pm

keeping with the current trend...

I am feeling like crap...we are so much in debt and behind in bills....and just found out something that is going to set up back even further. :-\\

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 6:11 pm

Wow.  I'm so sorry that you all are having struggles today.  :\'(

Written By: KKay on 04/27/06 at 6:26 pm

I have to go to a super formal thing tomorrow and I have nothing appropriate to wear.  I saw pictures of the
event and i don't own anything close to this level of nice... and it's TOMORROW!!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/27/06 at 6:27 pm

I have to go to a super formal thing tomorrow and I have nothing appropriate to wear.  I saw pictures of the
event and i don't own anything close to this level of nice... and it's TOMORROW!!!

I'd head over to David's Bridal or a similar store and see if you can pick up a dress off the rack.  Most of my formal gowns that I've needed over the years have come from David's Bridal.

Written By: nally on 04/27/06 at 6:28 pm

That's nice that you're going to this event...I hope you can find something formal to wear. What's the occasion, by the way? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/06 at 6:46 pm

I'd head over to David's Bridal or a similar store and see if you can pick up a dress off the rack.  Most of my formal gowns that I've needed over the years have come from David's Bridal.

yes, that's where I got my wedding gown...they have lots of nice formal dresses to choose from.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/27/06 at 7:00 pm

I'm envious of you.  I want to dress up for a formal!

Anyway, sorry I can't help you shop.  That would be fun.  Post a photo when you find a dress!

Written By: CeeKay on 04/28/06 at 12:10 am

Well, my son's team lost (score:  5-6) their first baseball game tonight so they're now 2-1 :(  It was a good game, despite the other team "playing dirty" at times.  And, one of their pitchers was pitching TOTALLY illegally.  Eh, nothing we can do about it now except learn from it (and the boys learned that if the first baseman is blocking first base, they can run them over ;))

I hate when other teams play unfairly.  We had an awful ref at my daughter's last soccer game.  Clearly biased.  Some teams are very rough and you know some over-zealous coach taught them to be that way.  Ah well, hope the next one's better for your son's team.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/28/06 at 12:15 am

I had a really fun night.  My kids and I (and some of their friends...way more bodies than are supposed to fit in my car) went to the talent show at our Middle School.  (My son was going to perform but didn't get his act together).  Anyway, there were some very talented kids...and some not so talented.  It was a blast.  They had a judge who had been a contestant on American Idol (oh, I don't remember his name) -- had made it to the last 12 people before he got sent home.  He opened by singing "New York, New York."  Then lots of middle schoolers w/ various levels of talent.  Then at the end, one of the more popular local bands showed up and played a set of songs while the judges tallied the scores.  People were dancing in the aisles of the auditorium.  It was a great time.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/28/06 at 8:16 am

So, after having such a great time last night but not getting home until ten or to bed until after 11:00....

That 5:30 a.m. alarm was a very rude awakening and everyone in my house, including me, was very tired (except my daughter, who starts school later than the boys). 

Written By: La Roche on 04/28/06 at 8:19 am

So, after having such a great time last night but not getting home until ten or to bed until after 11:00....

That 5:30 a.m. alarm was a very rude awakening and everyone in my house, including me, was very tired (except my daughter, who starts school later than the boys). 

5:30.

Now..

I wake up early.. and often around that time, but pray tell, why would you need to set an alarm for such an ungodly hour?

Written By: CeeKay on 04/28/06 at 9:16 am

5:30.

Now..

I wake up early.. and often around that time, but pray tell, why would you need to set an alarm for such an ungodly hour?

I have a kid in high school and one in jr. high.  The high school bus comes at 6:35 and the jr. high bus comes at 6:50.  So...I like to get up with the boys and give them breakfast.

Written By: La Roche on 04/28/06 at 9:26 am

I have a kid in high school and one in jr. high.  The high school bus comes at 6:35 and the jr. high bus comes at 6:50.  So...I like to get up with the boys and give them breakfast.

Excuse me!

Let me get this straight.

The bus, for school.. comes at half past 6 in the morning.

What, do you live in the next state over or something  :o

Written By: CeeKay on 04/28/06 at 9:28 am

Excuse me!

Nope.  Classes at the high school START at 7:15.  I know it's incredible.  How can you expect a 16 year old to actually learn geometry at 7:15 a.m.??

Written By: karen on 04/28/06 at 9:31 am

Nope.  Classes at the high school START at 7:15.   I know it's incredible.  How can you expect a 16 year old to actually learn geometry at 7:15 a.m.??

What time of day do they finish?  Do you live somewhere hot so they try and avoid the heat of the day or something?  (I heard some American States do this)

Written By: La Roche on 04/28/06 at 9:35 am

Nope.  Classes at the high school START at 7:15.  I know it's incredible.  How can you expect a 16 year old to actually learn geometry at 7:15 a.m.??

Wow, I used to start at 9:30.  :o

Written By: KKay on 04/28/06 at 9:42 am

Nope.  Classes at the high school START at 7:15.   I know it's incredible.  How can you expect a 16 year old to actually learn geometry at 7:15 a.m.??

i can't even talk about it at 10:30!

Written By: lorac614 on 04/28/06 at 10:07 am

I'm not sure how I feel...sad, mad, sick.  I just found out my friend's daughter tried to kill herself.  She lived, thank goodness. 

Written By: karen on 04/28/06 at 10:08 am

I'm not sure how I feel...sad, mad, sick.  I just found out my friend's daughter tried to kill herself.  She lived, thank goodness. 

woah, that sounds serious.  Is she in hospital or anything?

Written By: lorac614 on 04/28/06 at 10:12 am

woah, that sounds serious.  Is she in hospital or anything?

Yes, she is.  As soon as she well enough physically she'll be transferred to a mental health facility so she can work on getting better emotionally.  What's really sad is that she has two kids she would have left behind.  All this because her boyfriend broke up with her. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 10:55 am

Yes, she is.  As soon as she well enough physically she'll be transferred to a mental health facility so she can work on getting better emotionally.  What's really sad is that she has two kids she would have left behind.  All this because her boyfriend broke up with her. 

wow, that's really a sad shame. :\'(

Written By: La Roche on 04/28/06 at 12:13 pm

I'll be in the same boat next year.....my oldest's bus comes around 6:40, but the other 2 won't leave until around 8:15 :-\\

That's just retarded.

I assume he will be starting at 7:30 as well?

At 7:30 I'm barely capable of releasing my cock from my underwear to take a piss, never mind learning trig.  :P

Written By: La Roche on 04/28/06 at 12:43 pm

Actually, I think they start at 7:20, but it's close enough.  The other 2 don't start until 8:50 ::)

7... : .... 20.

As in 20 minutes past 7 in the morning.

Ya know.

They wonder why the youth of America is so far behind a lot of other western nations. It's cus only fukken nocturnal kids are gonna learn anything.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 1:06 pm

I am having a good day so far...the sun is shining, I got my exercising in, did some household chores...but then when I was going to take my shower....I was cleaning my face with one of those make-up remover cloths and I wiped my eye and it stung real bad...now my eye is all cloudy!! :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/28/06 at 2:27 pm

Yesterday,I went over to see Robin keeping her company for a couple of hours.She's feeling a little better than a few days ago when she was in major pain.She's now a little lopsided from her gait and she's trying hard to straighten up or she's going to wind up all hunchback in her later years.Her friend came over to give her a bunch of pink roses and I bought her some food from Nathan's.She was telling me that she's starting to put on one of those Ben Gay heating pads for her back which is in minor pain but not severe.But overall,She's in much better spirits after I came over and I'm glad to have spent time with her.Don't know if we're going to hang out on Sunday but I believe that she needs a little more time to heal but we'll see what happens then.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/28/06 at 2:31 pm

Wow, I used to start at 9:30.  :o

I started at 8 am.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:05 pm

Yesterday,I went over to see Robin keeping her company for a couple of hours.She's feeling a little better than a few days ago when she was in major pain.She's now a little lopsided from her gait and she's trying hard to straighten up or she's going to wind up all hunchback in her later years.Her friend came over to give her a bunch of pink roses and I bought her some food from Nathan's.She was telling me that she's starting to put on one of those Ben Gay heating pads for her back which is in minor pain but not severe.But overall,She's in much better spirits after I came over and I'm glad to have spent time with her.Don't know if we're going to hang out on Sunday but I believe that she needs a little more time to heal but we'll see what happens then.

it's good to hear that Robin is doing better! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 8:06 pm

:/ Today was a B-day... which is terrible :)!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:08 pm

:/ Today was a B-day... which is terrible :)!!!

a birthday???

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/28/06 at 8:09 pm

Eek! 7:15am...  :o
I remember having classes at 8:30am which were bad enough!

This is my first post in this month's thread would you believe!

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 8:24 pm

a birthday???

uh... no..

We have two schedules "a-days" and "b-days"... it's my schedule broken into two days.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:31 pm

uh... no..

We have two schedules "a-days" and "b-days"... it's my schedule broken into two days.

ah, I see....and I was all ready to wish you a happy b-day! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 8:49 pm

ah, I see....and I was all ready to wish you a happy b-day! ;)

;D That passed about two months ago, 'member?

Beth made that awesome card...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:49 pm

;D That passed about two months ago, 'member?

Beth made that awesome card...

ooooooh...that's right, the one with you with the numerous hats on...how could I forget? ;D :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/28/06 at 8:53 pm

ooooooh...that's right, the one with you with the numerous hats on...how could I forget? ;D :D

ah.. yes.. ahem.

I was thinking more about the sexy Beck pic with all the hearts!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/06 at 8:53 pm

ah.. yes.. ahem.

I was thinking more about the sexy Beck pic with all the hearts!

oohhhh...THAT one!!! ;)

Written By: nally on 04/29/06 at 1:57 pm

Say WHAT??! :o :o

That, IMO, is too early for school to start. My high school started its classes at 7:45.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/29/06 at 2:54 pm

Bit stressed as I'm in trouble for being online so much, so I'm coming and going straightaway..bye for now  ;D

Written By: nally on 04/29/06 at 3:06 pm

I hope I'm not catching another cold; i've been sneezing a lot lately :P http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lick1.gif Other than that, I'm feelin' okay.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/29/06 at 7:02 pm

Feeling good.  Got lots accomplished today and now, at 6 p.m. I am relaxing in my living room which is clean and smelling pretty.  :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/29/06 at 7:53 pm

Found out that our school's new schedule was approved today... This means there will be days when we get out at 2:20, and days when we get out at 3:30, and maybe even a day a week when we get out almost at four!

it's insane, the reason we did this was to add more time to our schedules, and we only added 10 minutes a week.... We also have these new "Character" classes that teach you how to behave... I think that morales are something you decide on your own, nobody can change your mind on what's right or wrong, you decide yourself.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/29/06 at 8:51 pm

We also have these new "Character" classes that teach you how to behave... I think that morales are something you decide on your own, nobody can change your mind on what's right or wrong, you decide yourself.

I agree that you must choose your own morals.  But there is a point to learning about ways to think things through.  I mean, in having a conversation with other people to identify those choices and what the potential results are if you make one choice or another.  This can help your choices be more thoughtful and purposeful....which is, in my opinion, a good thing. (My, that was a serious answer, wasn't it?  ::))

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/06 at 8:59 pm

I agree that you must choose your own morals.  But there is a point to learning about ways to think things through.  I mean, in having a conversation with other people to identify those choices and what the potential results are if you make one choice or another.  This can help your choices be more thoughtful and purposeful....which is, in my opinion, a good thing. (My, that was a serious answer, wasn't it?  ::))

I agree. Also, some children have no guidance whatsoever in their homes, and this might be a tool that would help them have a better life.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/29/06 at 9:04 pm

I think it's something that should be taught sooner rather than in high school.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/29/06 at 10:06 pm

Very.. confused. My friend left me some odd messages on AIM...  :o

Somehow, I'm a bad friend, without even doing anything wrong..? Go figure.

Written By: nally on 04/29/06 at 10:35 pm

Found out that our school's new schedule was approved today... This means there will be days when we get out at 2:20, and days when we get out at 3:30, and maybe even a day a week when we get out almost at four!

it's insane, the reason we did this was to add more time to our schedules, and we only added 10 minutes a week.... We also have these new "Character" classes that teach you how to behave... I think that morales are something you decide on your own, nobody can change your mind on what's right or wrong, you decide yourself.

Wow...that's crazy! What kind of school do you go to, Dom?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/29/06 at 10:37 pm

They have to teach high schoolers how to behave?

That's a pretty sad commentary on life, now isn't it?

Written By: nally on 04/29/06 at 10:40 pm

^ I would say so.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/29/06 at 10:44 pm

There's only one thing left to do, Oh wee one.

Raise some HELL in your behavior class..! RUN AMUCK, Dominic. RUN. AMUCK.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/29/06 at 10:45 pm

>=O

Written By: La Roche on 04/30/06 at 2:38 am

We also have these new "Character" classes that teach you how to behave... I think that morales are something you decide on your own, nobody can change your mind on what's right or wrong, you decide yourself.

This is insane.

I'm curious as to the actual purpose of these classes, after all, telling impressionable high school students 'how' to behave is more or less forbidden for teachers.
There are certain rules pertaining to what can and can not be said in the classroom, I would imagine this would be covered.

If somebody tells you how to behave, feel free to direct them my way.

I mean, it's bad enough that young kids are dragged to church and brain-washed, but now it's going on in school as well, revolting. Well, if they want more repeats of Columbine, they're going about things the right way.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/06 at 7:02 am

Thanks Erin.Robin will be getting the results by next week.I'm hoping this is only a minor pain and it only comes once a year.I don't want her to wind up being in a wheelchair or somewhat crippled.She has to learn to take care of herself later on in life even after her parents are deceased.Who else is going to take care of her besides me? Her sisters are barely around.One sister who is 20 goes to NYU on campus and the other is married so maybe there's a chance that her older sister could take care of her but it's only a maybe.I'm hoping that she could the same for me when I get hurt.It goes both ways.  ;) 

Written By: CeeKay on 04/30/06 at 9:07 am

This is insane.

I'm curious as to the actual purpose of these classes, after all, telling impressionable high school students 'how' to behave is more or less forbidden for teachers.
There are certain rules pertaining to what can and can not be said in the classroom, I would imagine this would be covered.

I mean, it's bad enough that young kids are dragged to church and brain-washed, but now it's going on in school as well, revolting. Well, if they want more repeats of Columbine, they're going about things the right way.

For the most part, they don't teach kids how to behave...they help them learn how to think things through.  At least in the public schools here, in programs like that, they say, "Here's a topic...what are the possible choices? what would you choose in this situation?  why?  what do you think the results of that decision would be?  The point is that many young people make decisions based on a momentary feeling or based on what someone else tells them (exactly what you want to avoid).  These types of classes, for the most part, say -- think things through and think them through for the long term before you make a decision.

There's lots I could say about brainwashing, but I should probably save it for the "Politics and Religion" forum.  Have a great day!  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/30/06 at 9:12 am

This is insane.

What is wrong with a little character training, as long as it stays out of the religious realm?  With the lack of moral upbringing that many kids get these days, I could see a productive class that covers topics such as:

-What happens to business people who treat their people like cr@p by nor honoring their word

-Various ethics situations so the kids can identify a "conflict of interest"

-Legal-based sexual and ethnic harassment situations

-Value of teamwork

-The need to be punctual on work attendance, etc..

What would be wriong with this kinda stuff?  I am not talking about stuff like birth control, abortion, other "hot button" religious type issues.

Great ghost... some kids coming out of school these days don't even know that the forks go on the left side of the plate and they think that it is OK to steal from the employer or school because they call it "boosting".

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/30/06 at 11:33 am

Believe me, this will happen twenty times before I have the chance, and it'll be cliche by the time I do it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/30/06 at 11:34 am

Very.. confused. My friend left me some odd messages on AIM...  :o

Somehow, I'm a bad friend, without even doing anything wrong..? Go figure.

:-\\ That's too bad... I used to (Still?) have a friend that would get mad at me a lot... for no reason.

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/30/06 at 11:35 am

Wow...that's crazy! What kind of school do you go to, Dom?

Public... which is why I find it so weird... apparently, we need to make more school time, so we slapped in some fifteen minute classes entitled "Early Start"!!?!??!?!?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/06 at 1:09 pm

feeling moody and irritable today. :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/30/06 at 1:11 pm

feeling moody and irritable today. :(

But tonight's the Cast Party..! *Toothy Grin*

I heard you at the house this morning, but I was still mostly asleep. I remember thinking "Hey, Erin's here.. I'm gonna get up and see what's goi---...*falls asleep again*.."

What time are you going to be at the church?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/30/06 at 1:14 pm

But tonight's the Cast Party..! *Toothy Grin*

I heard you at the house this morning, but I was still mostly asleep. I remember thinking "Hey, Erin's here.. I'm gonna get up and see what's goi---...*falls asleep again*.."

What time are you going to be at the church?

I know...and I should be happy...but I am not...I am very nervous today :-\\

We will be there between 3:30 and 4:00 to help mom set up.

Written By: nally on 04/30/06 at 3:26 pm

Public... which is why I find it so weird... apparently, we need to make more school time, so we slapped in some fifteen minute classes entitled "Early Start"!!?!??!?!?

Hey...I went to public schools from 4th grade all the way through 12th grade...and we didn't have any wacky bell schedules like yours. Nor did we have any "fifteen minute classes entitled 'Early Start'"...whatever those are. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 04/30/06 at 3:57 pm

For the most part, they don't teach kids how to behave...they help them learn how to think things through.  At least in the public schools here, in programs like that, they say, "Here's a topic...what are the possible choices? what would you choose in this situation?  why?  what do you think the results of that decision would be?  The point is that many young people make decisions based on a momentary feeling or based on what someone else tells them (exactly what you want to avoid).  These types of classes, for the most part, say -- think things through and think them through for the long term before you make a decision.

There's lots I could say about brainwashing, but I should probably save it for the "Politics and Religion" forum.  Have a great day!  :)

It's still far too open for abuse.
When dealing with most subjects, when opinion comes in to things, it's easy to differentiate, but not if you're teaching kids how to behave.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/06 at 4:25 pm

Very sleepy.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sleep.gif

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/30/06 at 10:42 pm

I feel like I got some things accomplished today. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1blue1.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/01/06 at 2:51 am

It is time for the MAY version of this thread.  Where are you Tubeway general?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/01/06 at 7:58 am

My last post in the APRIL thread on MAY 2nd.  ;)

Written By: Morton on 05/01/06 at 7:59 am

still the 1st of may here, but i'm feeling okay

Written By: nally on 05/01/06 at 10:07 am

still the 1st of may here, but i'm feeling okay

I'm feeling okay too.

It is time for the MAY version of this thread.  Where are you Tubeway general?

I will be waiting patiently for him to show up.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/01/06 at 10:35 am

He was on a band trip all weekend, and now he's at school. I'm sure he'll make it when he comes home, sheesh!

Written By: La Roche on 05/01/06 at 2:02 pm

He was on a band trip all weekend, and now he's at school. I'm sure he'll make it when he comes home, sheesh!

That's just not good enough.

He has a full time obligation.

Written By: Apricot on 05/01/06 at 2:04 pm

Excuse me!

Actually, my bus is here about that time, too.

Anyway... I'm back. I'll post the new thread now.

Check for new replies or respond here...